Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

1 review

on 3/9/2015 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was encouraged by my daughter to try this product. She has very sensitive skin and the fact that it was parabens free made it a good deal for her. She gave me a sample which was the wrong shade for me so we ended up going to the EL counter to try on a shade that would suit me. I ended up purchasing a bottle in Rattan shade as it had yellow undertones, perfect for my Asian skin color. I'm a Mac NC30 and Rattan was a perfect match. To say that the foundation covered my dark spots and freckles is an understatement. I found little need to use a concealer. I apply my moisturizer first, then my Missha CC cream with spf before Double Wear with a Real Technique stippling brush for light coverage and an expert face brush or foundation brush for a full coverage. This product gives a flawless finish and stays on from morning to night even in tropical weather. What's nice is it doesn't feel heavy on my face. My caveat is the packaging. As it doesn't come with a pump, you can end up spilling the product from the bottle if you are not careful, so I had to transfer some into a small container. The price might be a bit high but since a little goes a long way and the quality is really good, it's all worth it. There are at least 20 shades so it won't be a problem finding the right one. Would I repurchase? Yes, definitely but I don't see myself doing so in the near future as I think the bottle would last at least 6 months of every day use.