Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

4.1

on 8/9/2018 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Firstly, this foundation is very pricey. Doesn't even come with a pump or any applicator.

Secondly, terrible oxidation. Looks fine when applied but turned my skin into Annoying Orange -both colour and texture (yes I do have a few textures but this foundation just amplifies it, thanks a lot.)

Lastly, it feels heavy, tacky and uncomfortable.

Seriously, who allowed this foundation to be sold on the shelf?

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really want to love this foundation but I just can't make it work. Every makeup artist that I know raved about this, which leads me to get the sample

Pro: I do love the coverage, the finish and the shade. It's medium-high coverage and the finish is a nice satin-matte.
For reference I have an oily skin, NC15/20 in MAC and I used 1W2 Sand. I have a very yellow undertone and this is quite yellow, which I really appreciate since I always have a hard time finding a light-yellow foundation.

Cons: This foundation is heavy. 3 out of 5 times I used this foundation it ended up looking cakey and ended up cracking badly, which rarely happened to me. It also occasionally broke me out somehow. Someone told me that you need to really prep your skin, wear the correct base, etc... It's too much effort to make it work. I understand if it isn't meant for daily wear, but tbh I don't want to pay $30 (in my country) for a foundation that I can only use once in a while. Maybe this foundation is just not meant for everyone.

on 7/22/2018 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation always settles into fine lines or creases, doesn't cover hyper-pigmentation, and I find it gets a bit oily (which makes it easier to rub/wear off through the day). That being said, I can see why everyone likes it so much. It does last longer than other foundations by a stretch, is build-able for fuller coverage, smells lovely, and feels like nothing on the face. Primer is very important with this foundation because different primers make this foundation look better or worse.

on 11/28/2017 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

THIS foundation is by far the greatest foundation I have ever used. I have combination skin and nothing holds up with it like this does. The color selection is great and the price is affordable.

Okay!!!! So after finishing my 4th bottle of this foundation I decided to write a review bcz I want everyone to give it a try. If you are very oily or in a humid hot place please don't forget to carry it. It's the best foundation for the shades issue, with good yellow tone, yes it lasts long for a good time with primer, I won't say 15hrs without any diffence but yup it stays quite nicely even in summer, has very good nd matte finish dats wat i love abt it. Doesn't cake wen applied with my butyblendr, ummm only thing is it gives a look of makeup on, I love this foundation over Mac,Clinique,Dior, very very good coverage . Not drying, doesn't transfer, fotofriendly, love it overall .... Must try

on 11/27/2016 12:27:00 AM

I think this is a essential staple for the oily skin users out there!

A bit of background info: oily combo skin type, slightly sensitive skin user and blemish / acne prone. I prefer wearing full faced makeup, and i live in humid conditions ranging about 91.3°F on an average day.

I got a sample of this foundation and was matched to shade 3w1 tawny. Pls bear in mind I have never tried the old formula one before hence unable to make the comparison!

Other shade comparisons:
- MAC pro longwear NC35
- Inglot cream foundation shade 24

Pros:
+ medium to full coverage
+ buildable coverage
+ does not look cakey on the skin
+ great for photos, no flashback
+ longevity is quite lasting for my preference
+ shade matches my skin quite well
+ packaging feels luxurious, high end

Cons:
- full sized version does not come with a pump
- price tag

Application wise, I prefer applying the product first using a flat foundation brush and "paint" on my face before blending it out with my beautyblender. I find it that it gives a more airbrushed flawless finish and able to conceal my blemishes as well. Coverage wise is very buildable, but i find that just one layer is good enough for me.

The product does set quite fast so make sure you blend it out fast enough.

I wore this foundation for a dinner and dance event and it makes my skin look SO GOOD in photos. No flashback at all, and it looked just like my skin but even better.

I have oily combo skin, so i realised my t zone started getting slightly shiny after 5-6 hours. In my opinion i think this is a product that requires touch ups, but if you're not particular about that I don't think it'll be a problem for you.

What I'm more impressed about is that the foundation stayed put and did not slide off my skin after taking so many photos and running around the ballroom! I could still see my blush, my contour very well and I thought my skin looked more radiant and glowing instead of looking like an oil slick.

I finished my sample and I think i will purchase the full sized version, even though I'm disappointed that it does not come with a pump because i know it will get very messy during application!

However, based on the formula alone, i would rate it an 8/10 because i'm quite impressed by the results and does lives up to its claims. Minus 2 points for its price tag and my desire to have a pump! I think I will still go out there and make the purchase because i think it will soon be my HG.

Hope this helps some of you out there!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Great for oily skin. It does even perform better on oily skin as it gives a nice dewy finish after few hours of wearing it. It is full coverage. Downside is you have to blend it quickly as it dries up fast. Otherwise you gonna have patches.

For reference i am NC42 using the shade 4W1 honey bronze

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Very easy to look cakey with this foundation, so be careful. Coverage is very nice though, and it really sticks to your skin! I got a whole lot when the Sears nearby closed down - my friend worked there and got to keep the sample bottles for $10, but I can't imagine myself spending that much on this.
It's very hard to get off.

Pros:
Good coverage, hides SMALL, pin point acne scars perfectly, still need to use concealer
Price is okay
Long lasting

Cons:
Thick, and dry fast as hell... Which is pain in the ass to apply perfectly, even with damp beauty blender
Never use brush or fingers-- it wil become patchy and streaky; If really want to use brush, spray some Mac Fix+ on the brush and apply gently, DO NOT BUFFER... DO NOT USE OIL on the brush, it will break up the foundation
Tend to go patchy and cakey, make sure you exfoliate and moisturize properly... or it will cling crazily to those pesky dry patches
Finish is matt and flat
Kinda accentuate pores
Feels really tight, even on oily skin
Accumulate in pores within 2 hours, with/without primer
No pump, tend to pour more than you need.... LESS IS MORE, especially with this foundation...

------MOST IMPORTANT-------------
Be careful to touch/add concealer/liquid highlighter/powder when the foundation has set, IT WILL REMOVE SOME OF THE FOUNDATION, AND BECOMES PATCHY
Powder using puff is reccomended, GENTLY.... hell, you can get away without setting this with powder since it set fast and furious... :(
------------------------------------------

Based on the tons of cons and its fussiness, the long lasting factor is really isnt worth the trouble... Besides, living in hot and humid country, this foundation makes my face an oil slick and cakey mess within 3 hours...

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I can say it's my holy grail foundation. The shade I'm wearing is 3W1 Tawny.
Estee Lauder Double Wear has been around for some time and has gained a lot of followers. I remember my mom recommended this one to me because she likes it, and she thinks it would also suit my skin - albeit it being sensitive. I first tried this one for my high school graduation in 2010, never looked for another since (well, I did try some other foundations, but others were no match).
The coverage is medium, I'd say it's quite buildable to help achieve better coverage. The good thing about this foundation is that you don't need much to cover - so 1 bottle goes a long way! It stayed on for about 10 hours (I never wear foundation for longer than 12hrs, I guess) and it stood out against the tests of rain and sweat. It's better to wear a primer before putting on this foundation, it does help with the staying power. With this foundation, I don't feel like I need to conceal much afterwards.
The main downside is, personally, the price. It's quite beyond student's budget!