Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.2

on 11/28/2017 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

THIS foundation is by far the greatest foundation I have ever used. I have combination skin and nothing holds up with it like this does. The color selection is great and the price is affordable.

Okay!!!! So after finishing my 4th bottle of this foundation I decided to write a review bcz I want everyone to give it a try. If you are very oily or in a humid hot place please don't forget to carry it. It's the best foundation for the shades issue, with good yellow tone, yes it lasts long for a good time with primer, I won't say 15hrs without any diffence but yup it stays quite nicely even in summer, has very good nd matte finish dats wat i love abt it. Doesn't cake wen applied with my butyblendr, ummm only thing is it gives a look of makeup on, I love this foundation over Mac,Clinique,Dior, very very good coverage . Not drying, doesn't transfer, fotofriendly, love it overall .... Must try

on 11/27/2016 12:27:00 AM

I think this is a essential staple for the oily skin users out there!

A bit of background info: oily combo skin type, slightly sensitive skin user and blemish / acne prone. I prefer wearing full faced makeup, and i live in humid conditions ranging about 91.3°F on an average day.

I got a sample of this foundation and was matched to shade 3w1 tawny. Pls bear in mind I have never tried the old formula one before hence unable to make the comparison!

Other shade comparisons:
- MAC pro longwear NC35
- Inglot cream foundation shade 24

Pros:
+ medium to full coverage
+ buildable coverage
+ does not look cakey on the skin
+ great for photos, no flashback
+ longevity is quite lasting for my preference
+ shade matches my skin quite well
+ packaging feels luxurious, high end

Cons:
- full sized version does not come with a pump
- price tag

Application wise, I prefer applying the product first using a flat foundation brush and "paint" on my face before blending it out with my beautyblender. I find it that it gives a more airbrushed flawless finish and able to conceal my blemishes as well. Coverage wise is very buildable, but i find that just one layer is good enough for me.

The product does set quite fast so make sure you blend it out fast enough.

I wore this foundation for a dinner and dance event and it makes my skin look SO GOOD in photos. No flashback at all, and it looked just like my skin but even better.

I have oily combo skin, so i realised my t zone started getting slightly shiny after 5-6 hours. In my opinion i think this is a product that requires touch ups, but if you're not particular about that I don't think it'll be a problem for you.

What I'm more impressed about is that the foundation stayed put and did not slide off my skin after taking so many photos and running around the ballroom! I could still see my blush, my contour very well and I thought my skin looked more radiant and glowing instead of looking like an oil slick.

I finished my sample and I think i will purchase the full sized version, even though I'm disappointed that it does not come with a pump because i know it will get very messy during application!

However, based on the formula alone, i would rate it an 8/10 because i'm quite impressed by the results and does lives up to its claims. Minus 2 points for its price tag and my desire to have a pump! I think I will still go out there and make the purchase because i think it will soon be my HG.

Hope this helps some of you out there!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Great for oily skin. It does even perform better on oily skin as it gives a nice dewy finish after few hours of wearing it. It is full coverage. Downside is you have to blend it quickly as it dries up fast. Otherwise you gonna have patches.

For reference i am NC42 using the shade 4W1 honey bronze

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Very easy to look cakey with this foundation, so be careful. Coverage is very nice though, and it really sticks to your skin! I got a whole lot when the Sears nearby closed down - my friend worked there and got to keep the sample bottles for $10, but I can't imagine myself spending that much on this.
It's very hard to get off.

Pros:
Good coverage, hides SMALL, pin point acne scars perfectly, still need to use concealer
Price is okay
Long lasting

Cons:
Thick, and dry fast as hell... Which is pain in the ass to apply perfectly, even with damp beauty blender
Never use brush or fingers-- it wil become patchy and streaky; If really want to use brush, spray some Mac Fix+ on the brush and apply gently, DO NOT BUFFER... DO NOT USE OIL on the brush, it will break up the foundation
Tend to go patchy and cakey, make sure you exfoliate and moisturize properly... or it will cling crazily to those pesky dry patches
Finish is matt and flat
Kinda accentuate pores
Feels really tight, even on oily skin
Accumulate in pores within 2 hours, with/without primer
No pump, tend to pour more than you need.... LESS IS MORE, especially with this foundation...

------MOST IMPORTANT-------------
Be careful to touch/add concealer/liquid highlighter/powder when the foundation has set, IT WILL REMOVE SOME OF THE FOUNDATION, AND BECOMES PATCHY
Powder using puff is reccomended, GENTLY.... hell, you can get away without setting this with powder since it set fast and furious... :(
------------------------------------------

Based on the tons of cons and its fussiness, the long lasting factor is really isnt worth the trouble... Besides, living in hot and humid country, this foundation makes my face an oil slick and cakey mess within 3 hours...

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I can say it's my holy grail foundation. The shade I'm wearing is 3W1 Tawny.
Estee Lauder Double Wear has been around for some time and has gained a lot of followers. I remember my mom recommended this one to me because she likes it, and she thinks it would also suit my skin - albeit it being sensitive. I first tried this one for my high school graduation in 2010, never looked for another since (well, I did try some other foundations, but others were no match).
The coverage is medium, I'd say it's quite buildable to help achieve better coverage. The good thing about this foundation is that you don't need much to cover - so 1 bottle goes a long way! It stayed on for about 10 hours (I never wear foundation for longer than 12hrs, I guess) and it stood out against the tests of rain and sweat. It's better to wear a primer before putting on this foundation, it does help with the staying power. With this foundation, I don't feel like I need to conceal much afterwards.
The main downside is, personally, the price. It's quite beyond student's budget!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this foundation. My holy grail foundation that I always recommend to all my friends especially to those who have oily skin. I had very high expectations with this foundation and it definitely lived up to the hype. I have extremely oily skin and I accept that I always oil up no matter what foundation I use but this makes me oil the least and it really does stay all day long. If you're still on the fence on buying this product, stop and just buy it. Only con is that it doesn't come with a pump but MAC studio fix pump fits perfect :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had heard great things about Estee Lauder's Double Wear Liquid Foundation so when I found myself in need of a new foundation, I decided to give it a try. I started using it in January and as of April, my face broke out very badly, mainly on the right side of my face and jaw/chin area. I found this strange since I hadn't experienced these side effects in the first few months of use. As my skincare routine I was washing with Amore Pacific's foaming cleanser and using Ole Henriksen's Vit C Truth Serum. What upset me was that my skin was looking so good and up to this day I still don't know if I can fully attribute my breakout to the foundation, but I will say that I live in humid Puerto Rico, so the foundation was probably a little too heavy for my face, considering the steamy weather.

I loved the coverage and the way it flawlessly covered my acne and acne scarring along with the Estee Lauder Double Wear powder, but unfortunately I had to stop using it. I don't know if anyone else has experienced the same while using this product, but I also broke out in tiny bumps along with cystic acne under my cheeks. I am aware we all have different skin types so we don't always have the same reactions to things I have oily acne prone skin. I wanted to love this but had to stop for my skin's sake.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This foundation is by far one of the most popular foundation in the EL range. This is a long lasted, fuller coverage with a very matte finish. I do not recommend this for anyone with dry or even normal skin because it's so matte. Don't even think about getting this when you have flaky skin.

This is a more higher end foundation but the colour range is good. All I can say is this is a good very matte foundation for anyone with oily skin and well moisturised skin