Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.2

on 5/16/2018 4:50:00 AM

This is the only foundation that worked for me. Can’t live without it. Plus, I’ve been using the free makeup brush that was sent to me, I also want you ladies to try it! Click this link to get your FREE Mieoko’s flat top brush! Perfect for any foundation! Hurry!

on 3/23/2018 1:57:00 AM

This is an absolutely gorgeous foundation. Consistency is a bit more creamy and buildable with medium coverage. Some say that this is not an everyday makeup, but applied in the smallest amounts with (melted on the back of the hand, dotted on face with clean fingers, then spread thin with damp sponge), this can apply very, very thin and look very, very natural. I like to mix a drop of oil/serum for a little more natural coverage. The foundation for me was not buildable-- second layer ended up melting my first layer and I was left with a goopy mess-- what I figured out was to:

1. WEAR SUPER HYDRATING LOTION/CREAM and let it fully absorb into skin prior to application
2. Add a drop of serum/oil into foundation and mix on back of hand before applying to face
3. Use very small amount and blend, blend, blend!
4. Use concealer to spot-fix trouble areas instead of trying to layer this foundation (which has pretty good medium coverage)

Thing about this foundation is that it's formulated to last long, so it'll REALLY stick to your face as soon as you put this on, which is why you should spread, spread, spread, blend, blend, BLEND!!! as soon as the small amount of foundation is dotted on the face. It dries fast and if left on the face for too long, it'll dry that way and WILL. NOT. BUDGE.

Like everyone said, face absolutely must be exfoliated and moisturized (and absorbed) prior to putting this on, otherwise it'll grab onto dry patches, but I have no problem making this foundation look natural. ELDW would probably not work on someone with dry skin or skin that hasn't been thoroughly hydrated as the formula is quite drying. Another thing, this foundation is NOT for the PPP-- the lightest shade applies dark on my fair but definitely not porcelain Asian skin.

I took one lippie off because Estee Lauder isn't cruelty-free (and it should be) and the ingredients aren't as clean as they could be and also because it does not come with a pump (it can be purchased separately for $10). Also, for you mid-day mist spritzers, be sure to test mist on foundation at home because this foundation melted off my face in splotches when I misted my face mid-day and I had to scramble in desperation to remove and re-do what I can. Because they're not cruelty-free, I would not purchase again. My desperate hunt for cruelty-free nontoxic foundation continues.

on 2/23/2018 6:40:00 PM

A mind blower. Before starting to use makeup like crazy :)... I used to look at models and wonder how they get this flawless, wax like skin... I only experienced that same look after I got the double wear. First when I wanted a foundation I got the Lancome one, but than I read all the reviews and watched reviews on YouTube. It is almost at 5 stars rating by thousands of people. I thought I must try it. I had a 20% coupon from Estee Lauder so I used it for a foundation and a concealer. From the first time I applied it I fell in love with it. It has a super full coverage. It looks flawless but not like skin. So you can tell that someone is wearing foundation. It doesn't get cakey and is very long lasting. It stays the same from morning till you take it off with makeup remover. It does NOT oxidize at all nor change its color. The only con would be getting too close to a mirror.. like 10 centimeters :) you will start seeing the foundation and some pores. I think this might go away with a good hi end primer. I don't have one in the mean time and tired it with my infallible from L'oreal. MM... also the shade was a bit orangy on me. I have warm undertone and medium skin tone so I got the Tawny as the Cashew and the one before didn't match my skin when I tested them in the beauty boutique so I got the Tawny which is also the shade I've been using in my compressed powder years and years long. I would say 10 years ago I started getting the compressed powder and would purchase a new one whenever I go through it until now it's been my absolute favorite. It is lightweight and gives a very light coverage not even medium but brightens my skin a lot making me look good :) so I thought it is safe to get the same shade in the liquid double wear... I still love it and am not complaining but I wish there are more shades for warm undertones. The package is very cute the bottle is glass with this gorgeous golden lid. I find it the best foundation for looks like cleopatra or any character as it totally changes the skin tone to the shade you pick. You don't need to build it up as one small hint of it would cover everything and tone up your skin tone. Other makeup products blend well with it. I tried the tarte amazonian clay blush with it and it blended really cool and also the tarte slenderizer blended very smoothly as my contouring stick. I used a powder highlighter by Maybelline as well and it looked so shiny and lovely. I love this stuff so much and highly recommend it. Don't waste your money trying to find a perfect foundation, this is the BEST. I hope you find my review helpful. If so, Please hit the helpful button. xoxoxo

Here is a link to my YouTube video where I used this foundation as mentioned above... Thanks so much for reading....

on 1/6/2018 12:48:00 AM

Hi All,

I am reviewing estee lauder stay in place make up shade Ivory rose. When i bought this at the store it kind of suited my skin color but after coming back from there i tried it at home it looked too bright/light. It doesn't really look natural. I called the store and told them about it but they are not ready to exchange it because I have opened the bottle. I have no clue what to do with it. I found this forum i am hoping that it will be of some help to me. I have the bill too with the cover it is still brand new.Please anyone interested to buy this shade i can give it for a much lesser price. Please let me know.
Email me at Nausheen1113@gmail.com

Thanks

on 11/28/2017 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

THIS foundation is by far the greatest foundation I have ever used. I have combination skin and nothing holds up with it like this does. The color selection is great and the price is affordable.

on 11/18/2017 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This makes me break out...at first I figured it must be because I didn’t take off my makeup at night before (sometimes I do tend to get lazy) but even when I do take off my makeup at night, I’d notice the next day, a cystic acne would start to appear! Also, it does oxidise. And I’m not a fan of high coverage foundation even though I have blemishes. I prefer to put on light-medium coverage foundation that looks like skin to even out my skin tone and I put on Laura Mercier concealer to cover my acne spots. I stopped using this after a few usage and will definitely not repurchase this.

on 7/17/2017 5:38:00 AM

I've hated this product since the day that I bought it. Since the sales lady just applied the foundation on top of my make up, I saw that the appearance of it on my skin isn't very... great. But I let it go coz I knew that I have a make up on and thought it just didn't blend well with whatever I had on my face. So I bought it and went home and removed all my make up. I hated this product, I've used different primers, from Benefit, smashbox, becca and Makeup forever but none of it helped. So I thought it's because of my sunscreen, so I also tried different types of sunscreen, to the sticky type, to watery and gel type, still, it looked bad on my nose area. Like the product didn't want to stick to it and there's this separation and tiny bumps. I've also tried different moisturizers, after awhile, I gave up. The product looks great IF I don't put anything on my face but the foundation, and that is a big NO for me. So this month, I ran out of my Kiehl's serum so I've decided to buy the Advance Night Repair Serum since they have a promo. I applied the serum and my usual skincare and make up routine then used the Double Wear foundation, and GOODNESS! It looks great! I can't use this product without the ANR serum. So far it's really good and I like how it looks on my skin.

on 4/8/2017 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Packaging needs improvement. It's so dated not to have a pump to dispense the foundation.

Aside from that, oily and pimply girls like me would enjoy this foundation A LOT. It doesn't break me out and stays on 16 hours no joke. I do feel a huge difference on days I don't use it as I will experience oily skin after a long day at work. Would purchase this over and over again.

on 3/12/2017 6:59:00 AM

Pros:
-covers purple/ red acne scarring relatively well if built up (i use the RT miracle sponge and foundation shade 2w0, im a c25 in mac concealer and powder and 20 in maybelline fit my foundation for reference)
-doesnt wear off throughout the day (i blot my face around hour 3 as i get oily fast, if im feeling fancy then i'll dust over with my elf hd powder and pray with the mini fix plus i keep in my bag)

Cons:
-expensive (im from Hong Kong and makeup here is usually marked up, apparently in the US, this costs 39$ and I got mine for 47$)
-breaks apart on nose area really fast (my typical routine is foundation, concealer, set with powder but before i have even had the time to set with powder, i can already see it breaking apart on my nose, i didn't notice this at first and after i set my nose i saw the little dots of oil, it was gross and i tried building it up and fixing it with more foundation which didn't work and made it look worse and cakey, havent found a way past this so now i just use my healthy mix foundation on my nose and under my eyes in shade 51)
-doesn't seem hygienic and packaging is annoying as there is no pump

Not sure if would repurchase, i like it for my acne scarring but not sure if i would pay that much again or if i would rather just spend more time with concealer covering

Okay!!!! So after finishing my 4th bottle of this foundation I decided to write a review bcz I want everyone to give it a try. If you are very oily or in a humid hot place please don't forget to carry it. It's the best foundation for the shades issue, with good yellow tone, yes it lasts long for a good time with primer, I won't say 15hrs without any diffence but yup it stays quite nicely even in summer, has very good nd matte finish dats wat i love abt it. Doesn't cake wen applied with my butyblendr, ummm only thing is it gives a look of makeup on, I love this foundation over Mac,Clinique,Dior, very very good coverage . Not drying, doesn't transfer, fotofriendly, love it overall .... Must try