Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 19-24
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I feel like i'm taking crazy pills- I absolutely *hated* this and I'm a very small portion of people with that opinion! Nothing has looked worse on my skin. I looked powdery and cakey using the foundation even with a hydrating primer.

I like my foundation to the dewy end generally and usually attempt to look at things objectively and say 'maybe this just isn't for my skin' but I can't with this. I just found so few plus points to it. I have combination skin and on dry patches it looked truly awful, but it even looked dry and flaky on my oily nose. Now I exfoliate with AHAs and BHAs depending on the area of my skin, plus I previously used a somewhat drying but lighter foundation (Fusion ink) with no issues, so I don't think it's an issue with my nose texture particularly.
The coverage is to the heavier end of medium, but I didn't find it easy to build with a damp beauty blender. It more looked like it was sitting on top in layers than blending together to provide high coverage in certain areas seamlessly. Looked a slightly 'flat' on, but excusably so if you really need something with staying power.

There being no pump is a bad show too. This is *not* a drug store foundation, there is no excuse for not having one, really. The packaging is at least pretty, though.

This does oxodise like nothing I've seen before too- Shell was even a little off after a few hours. I don't think shell is available in the US either so I have no idea how anyone pale would be able to use this formula without a *lot* of white mixer.

From my experience, you'd have to be of a *very* oily skin type to love this. I'm glad it exists even if I hated it though- A holy grail for very oily skin is hard to find and it's wonderful people with that skin type are able to use this foundation without blotting every .5 femtoseconds! If you have anything other than that (especially dry) have a proper look in sunlight before you buy a full sized bottle though, I have seen people who use this look *incredibly* textured and chalky because they tried and applied it in artificial lighting.

on 11/27/2016 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after seeing the hype about it. This has great coverage and lasting power; however, the foundation makes me break out. I thoroughly remove all my makeup at the end of the day using the double cleanse method so the breakouts were not due to the poor makeup removal but the foundation. I wanted to love it but it didn't work out. I wouldn't repurchase and caution those with sensitive and acne prone skin to beware.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have acne-prone skin. I decided to get this foundation as I had read some reviews on various websites that said it was good for acne-prone skin. However, I had to stop using it due to my skin breaking out so bad! I would put this on in the morning, and by mid-day my skin would be feeling so greasy and oily! Whether it is an ingredient in the foundation that my skin just doesn't agree with - I don't know. But I defiantly won't be buying again.

The packaging was good and I found the price reasonable just a shame my skin didn't like it!

I read some good reviews for this product and went out to buy some on my never ending hunt for a long wearing foundation that actually does what it claims to. I was offered a 10 day sample and THANKFULLY i was because i hated this foundation. After a layer of sunscreen and primer, double wear was STILL hard to apply as it was super thick and dried fast. The first time i applied it I looked like I'd just coated my face in clay. I took it off and reapplied even more carefully just to test out the lasting capability. However, it was an even bigger disappointment to see all the patchiness and separation it caused after wearing it for only 2 hours. So props to that girl at the estee lauder counter, I would have been so upset if I'd spent $50 on a whole bottle.

on 6/29/2015 7:59:00 PM

This broke me out like CRAZY!

on 4/16/2015 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

uch!!! I can't tell you how much I hate this product. In my opinion It's possibly the worst foundation I have tried. The coverage on is is good but I felt as if it made me look cakey, you can never touch up your foundation if you wanted to because it just goes patchy or like an off greysih colour, removing it was such a nightmare it literally wouldn't bugde.
My friend told me that in the foundation there is adhesive and according to her the same the ingredient as they put in concrete. (weather that is true or not, i dont know) but it put me off even more.
It left my skin really bad because of the thickness of the foundation my skin wasnt really breathing and i felt everytime i removed it with my daily skincare routine i still felt as if it wasnt 100% clean, i started to get spots and dry pacthes. so I ditched it straight away.
The bottle its self is a pain as you have to be careful you don't pour too much out, one thing I did like was the shades, i was tawny but that's the only good thing I could say about it.
this product just wasnt for me and i wont be purchasing it again and its a shame as i was looking forward to trying it.

I really really wanted to love this foundation because it was a top rated foundation and most of my friends love it. I'm not a full coverage type of girl and I hate the feeling of having foundation on my face. With this foundation, you can definitely feel the heaviness on your face like paint and you will like cakey. I barely applied any on my face and it looked so cakey on my face. I tried using a setting spray too but it didn't work. This foundation is waaaay too thick for me!

on 10/28/2014 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So I tried this foundation, I wanted to love it but it was all wrong for me.
Usually I have oily skin but this foundation actually felt so dry on and dried my skin out.
I feel like you have to work with this foundation really quick because once it dries a bit and you try to put another layer on it just becomes a mess and comes off or looks cakey. I find it hard to blend around the nose, and I finally got it right one night, left the house, looked in a mirror and it was all streaky in places. The coverage is great and i can see how if you worked with one layer of this and blended it quickly it could look very natural, but this foundation is just to much work for me.

on 6/21/2014 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

First of all, I was very disappointed that I didn't like this foundation since there was so many great reviews. I don't know why, (because I tried it without a primer, with a primer, a different one, and then a different one etc.) but this foundation breaks out on my skin. It looks perfect freshly apply with an amazing coverage but it separates itself after an hour!! I would also love a pump according to the price.

Am I the only one who thinks this foundation is terrible? It looks horrible cakey and is very noticeable on your face no matter how lightly you apply it. I also think the finish is not flattering at all. I have quite good skin, so perhaps this is just too heavy of a foundation for me...