Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

3.9

on 6/13/2018 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I just don’t like this foundation and I really tried to. It’s like house paint! I tried to use it as sparingly as possible and it just made me look old and tired. I don’t think it leaves a flattering finish at all! I’m super oily and break through every foundation, but this was like sludge by the 4 hour mark. One of the worst I’ve used. Drying too.

on 8/27/2016 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product Is chalky on my skin, doesn't blend in good and made my skin look horrible. A waste of money and a major let down.

on 4/22/2016 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my new HG foundation. For years I was on the hunt for long lasting foundation geared for oily/combo skin types. I tried numerous foundations, both high and low end, and nothing compares to Estee Lauder Double Wear is terms of longevity. . I'm 59 years old and this foundation makes my skin look flawless when applied with my damp Real Technique Sponge.. It also looks good applied with a brush. I'm a light/medium, cool/neutral skin tone and it took me several tries to find a matching color shade . Desert Beige 2N1 was too light and yellow and Ivory Beige 3N1 was too dark and peachy for my complexion. I finally found my perfect match in Fresco 2C3. ( I guess I'm more cool than neutral toned)This is one of a few foundations I have tried that doesn't turn my face into an oil slick after 3 or 4 hours wear. Its also does not accentuate fine lines or dry patches. ELDW lasts for at least 10 hours on me with no signs of wear. I love this product and will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 2/7/2016 8:36:00 PM

One of many liquid foundations I have tried - I continue to use this upon occasion, especially when I feel the need for a bit more coverage. The consistency of this product is somewhat thick so I usually err on the side of using as little as possible and then building up. I always apply this with a beauty blender as that creates the most "air brushed" look from it. Definitely for someone who wants that total coverage, flawless look. Just be cautious and don't over apply and get that "mask-like" look going on.

on 8/26/2015 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When first applied in the store looked great, but after 1-hour face looked cakey. Not a good make for older skin. I will not purchase again.

on 6/26/2015 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Been using 3C1 Dusk after trying multiple others. This is by far the best coverage for any concerns. I find this leaves my skin with a smooth glowing finish, a small amount goes a long way and it really does last all day. I will stop experimenting and stick with what works. Highly recommended for the over 50 crowd.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I've been using Double Wear Foundation for the past 10 years. I have very oily skin with tons of acne marks & scars & humongous pores. I've never found a foundation that would stay put on my face longer than 3 hours. I've tried many and some were very good, but my favourite is still Double Wear. I use it with a regular primer & also Avon Magix primer around my T zone to help hide pores & then set with powder. Working the powder in well with either the brush or a cosmetic sponge helps hide my pores better. I put the foundation on using my fingers- as John Gustafson, the make-up artist, suggests. Here's why it's my favourite: full coverage without caking, not a pump bottle so I can regulate how much product I want to use, full blending, doesn't sit in pores or wrinkles as much as other foundations, and most important- it doesn't slide around on my face- even after 8 hours! I also use Estee Lauder's Maximum Cover scar concealer around the red veins around my nose & acne scars.

It's not perfect and I do have to re-touch my worst areas- my red veins around my nose & my acne scarred chin, but it doesn't literally slide or disappear like other foundations. I also like Rimmel Lasting Finish & Avon's long lasting foundation, but they tend to sit in my large pores & don't give as good full coverage as Estee Lauder.

In my handbag, for touch-ups during the day, I carry the tube of Maximum Cover, face powder & a mini makeup brush for the powder. My nose & chin area are where Double Wear loses it's coverage, so I have to cover those area again durng the day, but at least the rest of my face keeps the makeup on, unlike evey other brand I've tried.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I've been using Double wear Foundation for the past 10 years. I have very oily skin with tons of acne marks & scars & humongous pores. I never found a foundation that would stay put on my face longer than 3 hours. I've tried many and some were very good, but my favourite is still Double Wear. I use it with a regular primer & also Avon Magix primer around my T zone to help hide pores & then set with powder. Here's why it's my favourite: full coverage without caking, not a pump bottles so I can regulate how much product I want to use, full blending, doesn't sit in pores or wrinkles as much as other foundations, and most important- it doesn't slide around on my face- even after 8 hours! I do have to touch up my worst areas- my red veins around my nose & my acne scarred chin, but it doesn't literally slide or disappear like other foundations. I also like Rimmel Lasting Finish & Avon's long lasting foundation, but they tend to sit in my large pores & don't give as good full coverage as Estee Lauder.

on 11/30/2014 4:00:00 PM

UPDATE: I found a way to make this work. I mix it with Maybelline's Fit Me (the matte version). Works like a charm. I get the look I want: full coverage with a soft finish and it lasts long.

No. Didn't like this one bit. I thought I would love it because is sounds like everything I want in fdt: ful coverage and no budge. I got a sample at my local Macy's. This is MY experience with this. I don't know if what I got was the old or the reformulated kind. I'll say it's the new version.

I said I like full coverage. But this is spackle in a bottle. That would not be so bad if it wasn't that it leaves me skin looking thick and leathery. Highlights every single fine line on my face and makes my pores look bigger. Not the look I go for.

I usually never put anything under my fdt because I detest to pile stuff on my skin. It leads to breakouts. So the first time, I spread this on a clean face with my fingers. BIG MISTAKE. It looked so bad. Like I had just spread cement on my face. I did not have time to redo my MU so I sprayed my faithful All Nighter (which softens pretty much everything) and hoped for the best. It never happened. It only got worse. And at night I needed a good dose of my DHC Deep Cleansing oil and a prayer to get all of it off. No wonder some people break out from this.

Today I tried it with a damp BB over TOO FACED's Hangover Replenishing Face Primer (also a sample) and it was better, but not by much. After two hours I hoped my natural oils would have made it look more natural. Nope. Still cakey, still leathery, still thick. Even hubby, who never, ever makes a disparaging comment on my appearance, remarked that I looked "a bit too made up."

I get much MUCH better results from my Sephora's 10 Hr foundation. I tried another full coverage fd: Becca's. That one covered everything, but with a soft, almost air-brushed finish.

As I said, this is MY experience. I'm glad it works so well for others. But for me, it's a no-no.

This is my HG and I have used this for years! I apply with a makeup brush and wipe with a sponge to have a more natural look. MAC (owned by Lauder) has a pump that fits this bottle perfectly! It's around $7-$10 Enjoy!