Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

on 11/19/2017 3:39:00 PM

Because of FINALLY being able to find this at my local ulta, I'm planning to go back and return all my other foundations for store credit because this foundation blew me away! I wore it for the first time on a very busy day at work, where at some points I'd feel my face sweating and I'd get worried that my face would start melting...not a bit! This even helps with creasing and fine lines, it doesn't eliminate them but it does keep them from settling in and cracking. I blend this using my it cosmetics airbrush #101 and it covers my terrible redness, discoloration and irritated looking pimples like a charm. The finish I love! I don't even want to set it with powder because it's a soft dewy/semi matte for me. It is pretty good about not coming off, where other foundations it would end up all over my phone screen, this one barely rubbed off. Packaging isn't great, no pump or anything special. I'm hoping and praying it doesn't break me out because I'm just so ecstatic about how it works for me!!

on 11/6/2017 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this foundation! A little goes a very long way. My skin looks absolutely flawless after. It also wears so well. I have gone to festivals mid summer when the temperatures are in the high 90s and been outside for hours, looked in the mirror, and been shocked by how good my skin still looks. It’s amazing. It can feel a little tacky at times, but setting it with a foundation is all it needs. It’s such a great foundation. You can wear it light or layer it. Dries semi matte. I love it.

on 10/30/2017 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is hands down my HG, all time favorite foundation. I have really oily, sensitive skin and most of the foundations I have tried over the years had poor lasting power and oil control (by the end of the day I'd look a total mess). This stuff is amazing, I have been using it for about 3 years now and never looked back. My makeup still looks fresh 10 hours later.

PRO's:
- lasting power is amazing, it really does stay in place all day through sweat, heat and humidity.
- mattifying; there's no need to blot or even use a setting powder.
- does not transfer
- excellent coverage

CON's:
- could not find a perfect shade match (I have yellow undertones and use the shade "tawny" which is slightly pink; I was matched by the SA)
- every time I buy a new bottle I find that the price has gone up, its now roughly $42 (US).

TIPS: Be careful of what setting powder you use as the wrong one can make this look cakey. Also use a thin layer of foundation as too much can look cakey as well.

I give this 4 lippies instead of 5 because it's starting to get really pricey, but all in all it is a great foundation.

on 10/29/2017 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Used to be good but now they jacked the price by a whole 10 dollars now that more people are using it. Outrageous example of price gouging, and there are so many new foundations coming out in the 30 dollar range that there is no reason to keep buying bottles of Doublewear at 44 bucks. Estee Lauder is ridiculous. AND NO PUMP STILL. THEY WANT YOU TO PAY $10 FOR THE PUMP TOO, IN ADDITION TO RAISING THE PRICE BY $10! WILD!

on 10/24/2017 7:30:00 AM

Best foundation ever! I have tried plenty of foundations throughout the years and keep going back to this one. This does not oxidise or start to fall apart on your face throughout the day, it last very long however if applied heavy-handedly it can look very thick and fake on the face so I will advise to apply where you need the most coverage and blend it outwards, that helps it look more natural.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I have normal-combo skin that has some mild discolouration. I prefer full coverage foundations because I think my skin lacks radiance, and I love the look full coverage gives me. I also have an issue with makeup not lasting throughout the day. This looks as good as when you first applied it after a long day. It has that matte, quick dry quality to it that makes it stick - but you can still blend it comfortably while applying. I would say the finish is natural satin-matte. I use a beauty blender and don't use too much product. I'm NC25-30 2W2 Rattan is a perfect match, have also used 3N1 Beige Ivory and 3W1 Tawny as well and they were an ok match.

on 10/18/2017 6:38:00 AM

I've been using it for years and there is no foundation on the market to get even close... and I' ve tried ! Still, it has its secrets: 1. The skin should be well moisturized. 2. Using mattifing moisturises is a NO GO - the foundation would look awfully cakey. 3. Cover the mouth of the bottle with your finger and turn it upside down - this should be a "shot"; max 3 will do. 4. It is important to spread it rather quickly allover the face, cause it kind of dries during the process. 5. I find the building up is a bad ideea - in my experience, 1 layer/ application is enough. Red spots and other defaults should be treated "on spot", discreetly.
Once you find its ways/ secrets, you become addicted to it. :-) <3 it !

on 10/4/2017 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation does control oil and is long wearing, it lasts all day.
However, it is cakey, and it looks like your wearing a lot of foundation even if you use a smaller amount, and blend it in with a damp beauty blender with a good primer. It looks very heavy and crapey and my skin is normal/oily. I like this foundation mixed in with others or on top of other foundations, to build up coverage only where i need it. I love a full coverage but not when it looks like a thick cakey mask. This also oxidised slightly and emphasised pores. I dont think dry skin would like this at all. Its not bad for a night out, i know i can rely on it to last all night and at night no one can see my cakey face, but for day wear, big NO

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

First of all it oxidized on my skin within one hour after application.At the end of the day my skin look ashy.I have dry skin and this does not do any favor at all!Plus its way too expensive.
But if it works for your skin,good for you because this is the only foundation that did not break me out.

on 9/26/2017 11:29:00 PM

I'll start with the pros of this foundation:

-Photographs well
-Stays in Place (the claim is not lying- I wore it for 8 hours straight and it did not budge)
-Blends well
-Does not cause breakouts
-Excellent full coverage that doesn't look cakey

Cons:
-Oxidises
-Difficult to find a match despite all the shades
-Made my normal skin feel tight/elastic/stiff sort of like it has a rubber agent or something in it
-My skin felt 'heavy' when I had it on (heavier than Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation)
-Difficult to remove. I really had to scrub my skin to get this off, and even after I showered and exfoliated, there were still some traces of makeup on my face

Review:
I do like this foundation and I think it is a good quality product that does what it says, and I will save it for when I am going out and don't want my makeup to melt off my face. Other than that, I just feel as if the cons outweigh this foundation for me over the pros. I have Olive/Tan skin with mostly neutral undertones. I was matched with Shell Beige- on application, this foundation easily looked 2 shades too light for my skin. Even when blended in, it still looked a little too light. However, I waited a couple of hours and the formula oxidized, and then it *mostly* matched my skin. It photographs beautifully in natural daylight, however I noticed once it became evening and into night, again, the foundation actually looked too light for my skin- with and without flash. Not entirely unexpected considering it wasn't a perfect match even with oxidization. However, if you have found a perfect match with this foundation, I feel as if it would photograph beautifully in any light. I have tried to try other shades, but the shades up from Shell Beige are too pink for my skin. I really wish companies would manufacture more darker shades for neutral undertones, but overall I think EL have done a good job of making so many shades available for different skin colors and tones as lots of people seem to have found their match with this foundation. The other thing is that this foundation felt heavy on my face- and my skin felt very stiff/tight when I had it on. I can overlook that though, due to the fantastic non-transfer qualities and coverage this makeup has.

If they introduce more shades I'd definitely give it another go, but for now I wont be repurchasing.