Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 1/13/2017 1:43:00 PM

Not good for dry skin! When I apply my Mac Prolong concealer and the MAC Prep and prime highlighter on, it removed a layer of foundation! It was so frustrating. So, I decided to add extra moisturizer on my face and face primer and it still removed a layer of foundation. I had to remove all the foundation and redo it with my Born This Way foundation and it worked. So, it was definitely this foundation that was causing it. I really do believe that this foundation is very good for oily skin.

on 1/11/2017 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

SO glad I finally bit the bullet and gave this foundation a go! I've been a die hard Mac user for around ten years and was nervous to stray from it, however after constantly hearing about how amazing this foundation is, I decided to take the plunge.

I suffered from acne when I was younger, and am now left with hyper-pigmentation marks which are the bane of my life! This is such amazing coverage that I barely needed concealer! I now finally have the confidence to go out without feeling paranoid about my scars.

I am still super nervous about developing spots so was worried this could cause me to break out, however two weeks in and I've seen no difference to my skin. Win!

It really does stay on all day as well, I work in an air-conditioned office so usually touch my foundation up at lunch time but with this I don't have to do a thing!

For colour reference, I use NC25 in Mac studio fix and C3 in Mac face and body and use shade 'Dawn' in EL Double Wear.

Forget Mac, I am now fully converted to this. It is around £10 more than Mac studio fix but because you end up using far less, it's actually around the same!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Love this foundation!! It is great for oily skin and even though I have acne prone skin, it has never broken me out. I have used it since 2014. It starts to look kinda worn off or melted in like 8-9 hours, but it's not bad in terms of staying power

It is a thicker consistency and should be used with a brush or sponge, as the fingers would look less natural

I love this foundation, BUT not for every day use. It provides great coverage and easy to build up. It has a wide range of shades and my two favourites are 2N1 Desert Beige and 1N2 Ecru. I love it as I know my makeup will last all night and not run down my face, however, after a few hours my skin starts to feel a bit dry and almost painful. Overall, I will keep re-purchasing it, because I trust it on a good night-out like no other foundation, but I always need other foundations to keep in my makeup collection for every day use, because nobody wants to feel uncomfortable on the daily. :)

on 1/5/2017 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have a love/hate with this but it is a staple in my foundation arsenal. I'm NC25 in Mac Pro Longwear and I have this in 2W1 (dawn) and 2N1 (desert beige). I reach for the 2W1 more. It is a very good long wearing foundation especially for those with oily skin like me. It will break apart on my nose late in the day but looks fine on the rest of my face. Less is more and a little goes a long way! Make sure to cleanse well to get it off. Additionally make sure to exfoliate and moisturize before application. Overall it is a very good foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted so badly to love this. But it has a few issues. First, application is a nightmare. I like full coverage foundation you can keep building, taking your time, without it becoming splotchy and streaky because it sets far too quickly. Weirdly, it's also not the fullest coverage foundation I've used. As in, Maybelline Better Skin covers my hyperpigmentation FAR better without feeling as heavy. The shade range, while extensive, is literally variations of pink undertone (yes I include orange under pink because it's more closely related than, say, a true yellow and a true pink). Nothing is olive yellow, then again, in most lines, this is still true, but don't bust your butt trying to find something that matches an olive yellow undertone. I also have seriously clog-prone skin, and I've noticed almost all liquid foundation under EL, Mac, and Smashbox (who are owned by the same company) clog my pores over time and the DW is no exception. Otherwise, the finish is lovely, it lasts a long while on well prepped skin, and I can pull it off in most artificial lighting. Just don't take me under the sun or I'll be an oompa loompa.

on 1/3/2017 12:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My number 1 foundation, for the following reasons:

1) FULL COVERAGE! I have rosacea and just generally bad-looking skin, and this is the only foundation I have ever used which covers it all and evens it out. Also, even though it is full coverage, it feels lightweight on the skin and is like I am not even wearing makeup.

2) It stays in place all day, and looks exactly the same at the end of a 12 hour day.

3) It's compatible with my dry skin. All other full-coverage foundations I have used look horrifically cakey and unnatural on my skin. Estee Lauder DW is a miracle, in that it sits beautifully on my skin and doesn't exacerbate my dry patches.

4) The palest shade is pale enough for my ghost-like skin. (Some might say too pale, but nothing blush and bronzer won't sort out).

Nothing is perfect, I suppose, so negatives about this product include:

1) No pump, so you do tend to waste a lot of product. This problem can be easily solved, however, by buying the MAC pump which is compatible with it. No more waste!

2) £££
However, even though it is expensive, I would say it is worth paying the price for. You are getting a high quality product which is going to last a long time, as the formula is thick and you only need to use a little bit to cover the face.

I will never stop using this product!

on 1/3/2017 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HG foundation, definitely! I have oily, sensitive, and acne-prone skin, and we all know how hard it is to find a foundation that looks like skin, covers well, and doesnt make you look like a greaseball at the end of the day.

This takes the cake. I've used it to parties and even my 8 to 5 job. It really stays on. I recommend using a Beautyblender or a damp sponge to apply as this foundation is quite thick and is a bit tricky to blend. A damp Beautyblender will help dilute the formula a bit and will make it a breeze to apply, and will lessen any cakiness heavy-duty foundations always create. It does highlight any flakiness you might have, so make sure to moisturize well (I recommend facial oils as a prep!)

As a whole, it is a bit of a high-maintenance foundation (you need to apply to well-moisturized skin and you need to blend quickly), but it does mattify beautifully and stay all day, which works for me. Although this tends to have a whitecast on me with flash photography, I find this photographs well (aka makes your skin look good).

I took down one lippie because of the tendency of the white cast and the price (but you only need a little amount to cover the entire face).

on 12/26/2016 11:22:00 PM

This is my HG liquid foundation. I've been using this foundation for more than 2 years and it does not break me out. I have acne prone skin and I never had a problem using this foundation. This foundation is very long lasting, (i gues it will last forever on my face lol!) But kidding aside, this the best foundation in the whole world. My shade is 2c2 Pale Almond, it looks very natural and not cakey. I believe you need to find the right shade for you in order to give you best result when you apply. By the way I'm using the sponge from make up forever for the application. But trust me, this foundation will never ever let you down especially on any important occassion. I will definitely use this foundation on my wedding. 😊 I really-really love this foundation.

on 12/26/2016 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation has been around for a while and I am glad that they have not changed its ingredients so far. I am super oily but at the same time, under my eyes can look dry and agitated from a drying foundation. Comparing this with Revlon Colostay, I have to say this does a better job in keeping my face in a great condition. Under my eyes do not suffer either. The shades are a bit challenging for me. They are categorized but like many other brands, yellows are super yellow and almost look unnatural. I am NC30 in MAC although not as yellow. The best shade for me is 3N1 or Ivory Beige. It is neutral so it won't make me look too yellow. It lasts on my skin for the whole day. It doesn't budge, melt or transfer. I use Neutrogena Deep Clean and see no debris after the wash. Overall, let's hope they keep this one in the market but add more shades to it.