Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

12/2012 REFORMULATION

The only foundation I use. I have very oily skin and this one stays on all day without becoming greasy. I do have to blot late afternoon but I can get away with wearing it from morning until bedtime. The color is a perfect match whether I'm pale or tan. The full coverage hides redness and evens out my skin tone beautifully. I can't say enough about this product.

on 3/21/2017 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This will cover everthing. But be aware that this is not a neutral looking foundation. Other will notice that you have makeup on, but it will make skin look flawless, and stays on all day.

Very good fooundation

on 3/19/2017 9:06:00 AM

I love this foundation. My mother has used it since she was in high school and she has great skin even today. So, now I use it! It gives a matte finish somewhat so that you really do not need to add powder, unless you just prefer it after to smooth things over. It has been around a long time so you know they must be doing something right!

on 3/14/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

If you are going to have a long day and you want your make-up to last all day, this is the go to foundation. I have very oily skin and this foundation is great for my skin type. Shade matching can be challenging but once you found the right one you won't be disappointed. I am MAC C3 or C3.5 (Summer) and my shade is 2W1 Dawn. Only downside is no pump, so it can get messy but like some others have matched MAC has a pump that fits this ELDW bottle.

This Estee Lauder foundation is Fantastic! I have been using it for YEARS religiously...I have never been able to achieve such flawless results with any other product and omg...this lasts all day into the evening without need for touch up. The best part for me is the No Transfer! It stays in place...reminding me of the time I bought a Dior foundation that left my wallet empty and a white shirt covered in foundation...that never happens with ELDW. I have primarily stuck with Ivory Beige although the Wheat works well in the summer months when I have a bit more color to my skin. It is absolutely full coverage, but never cakey. My skin is fairly normal with the T zone being a bit oily. I do moisturize and prime prior to foundation application. I am finding this year though, that it is settling a bit in my fine eye lines, but that is no reflection of the product..my skin is just aging...😣 I give 4 lippies on price because I find most cosmetics overpriced...but that wouldn't stop me from buying this product because it delivers the results I seek.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this makeup because the girl at counter told me it is the best for oily skin. She even gave me samples for some hydrating oil absorbing cream to go under it. Well It's worse than my cheap makeup it doesn't blend, shows all my pores and I was oily in a half hour! Awful I am bringing it back. For 42 dollars US, it should at LEAST not look cakey.I am returning it.

This foundation really does last all day. The coverage feels light and doesn’t wear like a mask. It also convincingly disguises skin imperfections. I like it very much. I made a review on Youtube where I´m showing you how the coverage is and how it looks like enjoy watching!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I seriously think something might be wrong (or just different?) with my skin since I can't seem to get this foundation to work for me.

I keep giving this foundation a chance every few years due to all the rave reviews I keep reading! I keep hoping that maybe my skin has changed and that this foundation will one day look good on me. But sadly, Double Wear is honestly one of the worst foundations I've ever used.

This isn't the first highly-rated foundation that looks terrible on me (Revlon Colorstay liquid: I'm looking at you!), so I'm beginning to think it must be an ingredient(s) that my skin just can't handle.

The pros:
- Covers my red acne marks to a certain degree

The cons:
- Feels and looks like paint, no matter how I apply it
- It sits on top of my skin
- Makes my skin look dull/dead
- While it does cover acne, it still requires more layers (for me) than my other HG foundations
- Can't find a good shade match (2N1 and 2W1 are the closest)
- The glass bottle does not have a pump, so you have to be careful not to pour the foundation too quickly

I'm a little jealous that this seems to work for so many others! ;) I'm going to keep researching what ingredients are in this foundation that my skin doesn't like, so that I can be aware and avoid it in the future.

on 2/28/2017 12:26:00 PM

the best foundation all time. amazing coverage, no mask feeling and naturally look:) i would recommend to everyone!

Before this i used the Beyond Perfecting foundation from Clinique. I loved the coverage of that foundation but my face got way too shiny. So i was looking for another foundation that gives me a matte finish and a high coverage. The coverage of this foundation is good, but you can still see some dark spots so i have to cover them up with something else. My face keeps matte all day with this foundation so that's a big pro for me. A con is that it is a bit pricey and there is no pump applicator so it's hard to get the right amount of product, so i had to buy a foundation pump from MAC.