Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

To see my in-depth review visit my video here:

I'll first start off this review by saying I haven't tried many high-end foundations. I've tried some many years ago, like Clinique, but they never seemed to work well for me. Although, that was many years ago when my skin was much worse. I should start trying more foundations now that my skin has cleared up, evened out & gotten much easier to work with. However, Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation is making that VERY HARD.

In fact, the only thing negative I have to say about this foundation is that it doesn't come with a pump. I could complain about the price but it's obviously not that bad if I've repurchased it. It's just a remarkable foundation. It's so perfect that you're afraid to move onto something else. Not only that but the packaging is beautiful. I love the elegant look of gold & frosted glass.

This foundation works for any skin type, skin color & occasion. I have combination skin & have used it under both conditions. There's so many shades that I can probably choose 3 or 4. I've used Toasty Toffee for a brighter complexion & Spiced Sand for a more tan complexion. You can use a little for going out to the store or build it up for when you're taking HD photos. It's incredibly easy to apply that you can just use your fingers for a flawless look. However, a beauty blender is a dream! It's creamy, smooth & sets to a slight matte finish. It doesn't transfer. It lasts all day. In fact, it looks better as the day progresses.

One time I went to a carnival/fair in 90 degree heat and I was even sweating. Yet, I came back home and still saw a nice foundation look. That day made me fall even more in love with this foundation. More times than not, the foundation looks nicer the longer you wear it.

Hands down this a great foundation & I'm pretty sure it's one of the best.

To see my in-depth review visit my video here:

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

If you aren’t a fan of full coverage, don’t waste your time. I LOVE this product. The finish is beautiful and it is long lasting. Works best with a beauty sponge of your choice.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Superheavy and sticky. I don't mind to spend a more money for makeup, but it does have to work properly!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i didn't buy it.I tried a sample and i didn't like it.Too heavy for me and expensive.if you are very oily,don't recommend it.The best foundation for me is L'oreal infallible 24.It doesn't stay 24 hours of course, only 3(at least for me) but it is cheap unlike Lancome and Estee Lauder which are expensive brands.Still searching the foundation that lasts at least 6 hours.Maybe i should blame my moisture.I don't know.

on 3/22/2018 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Okay let me just start off by saying this, this is not an everyday foundation! It’s a beautiful foundation if you want to have a super flawless dolled up for the club for hoenanigans look. It’s very full coverage and it stays on forever, but it’s too cakey looking for everyday. But it does cover everything and I would definitely say use it for special occasions. Unless you like the full full coverage. Personally, I only use it when I’m going out clubbing or somewhere where I need to look extra.

on 3/17/2018 10:17:00 PM

I always reach for this foundation when my skin needs coverage. This is not the type of foundation that looks like your skin. It's full coverage and will emphasize fine-lines. But it's very long lasting, when I wear it I knew by the end of the day, I'll look the same as I first apply it. I don't recommend wear it everyday, because it has the tendency to break out. Make sure you use a oil based cleanser to remove this foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I used this foundation for a long hour event, I put on my makeup at 4 am and my makeup still looked good even after 12 hours.
This foundation works like heaven on my normal-dry & sensitive skin, though I had to mix this foundation with a little pump of my Clinique Even Better. The shade matches my skin perfectly. But the cons of this product is the packaging. I've spilled a good amount of this foundation a few times, because this product don't have a pump. But, over all; H A N D S D O W N! I love this product!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have been wearing this foundation everyday for about 6 months (minus some weekends) and I don't need any other. I have yet to find another full coverage foundation that doesn't look masky/heavy. This just works. No matter if I use a brush or beautyblender lighter coverage.

Price: $42. So yeah. It's not as expensive as some "luxury brands" but still on the high end. But I think they're worth it honestly.

Coverage: It's Med to Full Coverage depending on what you're trying to cover and what technique you're using. I've got some hyperpigmentation which is fading and it does a good job of covering but if it doesn't that's what concealer is for.

Shades: Has a pretty impressive shade range. Color matching is where you might run into some difficulty. I've been matched horribly by a sales associate with Rich Ginger. Uh...I looked like Casper.
Their machine matched me with Amber Honey 5N2 one of their neutral shades. It still has a slight reddish undertone (I'm yellow) but it was the closest I was going to get to this highly coveted foundation and it was doable.
I mixed my Mufe custom drops in yellow to make it less red. Now just recently Estee Lauder released some in between shades and I am happy to report that Cinnamon 5w1.5 is dang near perfect. I mix it with my Amber honey. Hello Perfection. I don't know how to swing the cost of both but ya girl will figure something out.

Wear Time: Surprisingly as advertised although most times I do wear a setting spray and tend to powder my tzone ALWAYS when I'm going out. So that does effect wear for us oily girls. I tend to get a bit drier in winter but haven't had any issues. Also doesn't transfer.

Texture: Seems kind of runny when you pour it or use your finger to place over the top and dispense it that way like they recommend. A little goes along way. I usually stipple mine on for more coverage. You can buy a separate pump for the jar if that bothers you. Personally I worry how pumping air into it will effect the product.

So major pros are that it does what it claims. I have yet to experience any foundation that gives me this kind of coverage without feeling heavy or looking masky. It's buildable. They are slowly but surely increasing the in between shades.
Cons would be price if you're on a budget. I can't think of any dupes. This is NOT the same as Smashbox studio Fix. I don't know why people keep saying that. That foundation was horrible for me.
If you fall into the very fair to the in between brown and dark shades you might have some trouble finding ONE shade that works.
I would recommend getting a sample. Wear it outside. Try the machine and matching yourself. Purchase from a department store with a friendly return policy.

I’ve been using this product since December and I’ve had the worst acne of my life. My face was virtually flawless before I started using this product. It has basically ruined my face! I remember thinking what the hell could be breaking my face also bad? I have a good diet, I drink nothing but water, I exercise, the only thing that I could think of was me changing up my foundation. So I did a little digging on the Internet and found out that Estee Lauder double wear did a formula change a couple years ago and with that formula change, they now use 3 to 4 ingredients that are extremely pore clogging. my face is covered with acne scars now. I just figured out what was going on with my face yesterday, so I’m starting the journey to get my skin back to what it used to be. I was using color stay by Revlon before this high-end make up brands and my face was absolutely fine. Looks like I’ll be going back to the cheap stuff. My face and my wallet will thank me !!

This is my GO-TO foundation - every time I find myself trying different foundations to find something better, I come back to this one because there is nothing better. In a foundation, I like medium to full coverage, non transferable, does not go into fine lines, and swear proof. This foundation covers all the requirements! I went to Cali last year and I have a sweating problem on my nose which ruins my foundation most of the time. The sweat did initially break through from the foundation and I had dots of foundation missing but once I was indoors, the foundation just settled back into place again!!!! I been using this for so many years and will continue doing so.