Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 2/18/2017 4:54:00 AM

Very good coverage and stayed true to its claim that it is Long wearing, water and smear proof. Can look cakey after a few hours and settle into crease lines around mouth area. Blends amazingly and definitely one of my Favourite foundation

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A little bit about me, my skin is sensitive and combination. I generally like foundations that look natural and are lightweight, not too heavy on my face. I personally did not like this foundation. First of all it was not easy to apply, it wasn't very spreadable. It was pretty thick and didn't go on well with my beauty blender, I think you would need to put this on with a brush instead. I also think its way too matte, if you have dry skin I would recommend to stay away. It didn't feel heavy on my skin more like I could feel a layer on top of my skin. It also looks like you are wearing makeup , if you like the natural look I wouldn't recommend this for you. Overall , I did not particularly like this foundation and I would not repurchase. I found myself wanting to go home and wash it off already. So it's a no for me.

on 2/10/2017 4:28:00 PM

I used this foundation for about a year and I really wanted to like it. It covers very well but I'm pretty sure it made me break out. Taking it off at night is also a chore. I have to wash my face 3 times to get all of it off... that cant be a good sign. I probably will not purchase again.

on 2/6/2017 1:36:00 PM

I bought this product for 5 years. It is not the only foundation i use but it,s the best regarding longevity , it stays on your skin many hours and if you use powder even more...you can wake up with it in a good shape :))) i do not recommend it if you want a radiant skin. It has no radiance but it has a very good coverage.i am using more than one foundation and if i want a glow finish i prefer other products

on 1/25/2017 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I would say this is good coverage, it stayed and did not break up on my nose which is one of my biggest pet peeves. But this foundation made me break out and I wish it didn't if not this would be perfect :( #backtothedrawingboard

on 1/21/2017 2:11:00 AM

I bought this foundation with really high hopes based on reviews. Actually it has almost full coverage, but for my dry skin... meh, it makes me look cakey. But depends on how to apply, it can be tolerable, by using damp sponge and few drops of facial oil and then buffing with flat top brush.

on 1/13/2017 1:43:00 PM

Not good for dry skin! When I apply my Mac Prolong concealer and the MAC Prep and prime highlighter on, it removed a layer of foundation! It was so frustrating. So, I decided to add extra moisturizer on my face and face primer and it still removed a layer of foundation. I had to remove all the foundation and redo it with my Born This Way foundation and it worked. So, it was definitely this foundation that was causing it. I really do believe that this foundation is very good for oily skin.

on 1/11/2017 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

SO glad I finally bit the bullet and gave this foundation a go! I've been a die hard Mac user for around ten years and was nervous to stray from it, however after constantly hearing about how amazing this foundation is, I decided to take the plunge.

I suffered from acne when I was younger, and am now left with hyper-pigmentation marks which are the bane of my life! This is such amazing coverage that I barely needed concealer! I now finally have the confidence to go out without feeling paranoid about my scars.

I am still super nervous about developing spots so was worried this could cause me to break out, however two weeks in and I've seen no difference to my skin. Win!

It really does stay on all day as well, I work in an air-conditioned office so usually touch my foundation up at lunch time but with this I don't have to do a thing!

For colour reference, I use NC25 in Mac studio fix and C3 in Mac face and body and use shade 'Dawn' in EL Double Wear.

Forget Mac, I am now fully converted to this. It is around £10 more than Mac studio fix but because you end up using far less, it's actually around the same!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Love this foundation!! It is great for oily skin and even though I have acne prone skin, it has never broken me out. I have used it since 2014. It starts to look kinda worn off or melted in like 8-9 hours, but it's not bad in terms of staying power

It is a thicker consistency and should be used with a brush or sponge, as the fingers would look less natural

I love this foundation, BUT not for every day use. It provides great coverage and easy to build up. It has a wide range of shades and my two favourites are 2N1 Desert Beige and 1N2 Ecru. I love it as I know my makeup will last all night and not run down my face, however, after a few hours my skin starts to feel a bit dry and almost painful. Overall, I will keep re-purchasing it, because I trust it on a good night-out like no other foundation, but I always need other foundations to keep in my makeup collection for every day use, because nobody wants to feel uncomfortable on the daily. :)