Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 5/26/2017 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Great foundation. Theres a bit of a learning curve to get over when first using it. Silicon primer does very well underneath (dont use water based) and if you have a great skin care routine with great skin its even easier to the point you can apply it with your fingers and it looks perfect. Otherwise applying with a flat top foundation brush (ive used IT cosmetics brand) has also produced amazing results as well.
It lasts all day 12 hours +
Theres no oxidation
Ive swam in the ocean and its held up fine
Nice medium to almost full coverage (many tout it can be used to spot conceal but i dont find that it does that very well)
Great range of shades

on 5/22/2017 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation. It has the perfect coverage, and is buildable up to a certain point. When I get embarrassed my face gets really red, and this foundation prevents the redness from seeking out. It is a life savior for me. The one thing that I do not like about this foundation is that it sometimes makes my face look patchy on certain days. For example, when I use a damp beauty blender some areas, like my cheeks, looks a little patchy. That being said though, I think this foundation looks better used with a beauty blender than a brush, but different types of applications may work better with different skin types. A dupe of this foundation is the Revlon Colorstay for oil/combination skin, but the Revlon selection is a little on the pinky/peach tones than the golden warm tones.

on 5/19/2017 1:43:00 PM

After reading rave reviews I decided to purchase this foundation as it claims to be a total cover foundation and a HG among a lot of people, but I absolutely hated it, its a light/medium coverage very runny and sets really quickly, it doesnt cover much and for someone that has problematic skin with blemishes and redness it didn't do much to hide my imperfections and when built up it gets quite cakey and highlights the pores on my nose.
I prefer my Vichy dermblend which provides full coverage and lasts all day.

UPDATE -
I broke out after a few days using this foundation I think its the mica in the foundation which i'sent suitable for some acne skin types as it has the potential to clog pores and aggravate acne.

PROS:
a nice healthy glow, lovely finish

CONS:
light to medium coverage, not full coverage and hardly covers anything
gets cakey and settles in to wrinkles and pores
caused breakouts for me
does not stay in place as name suggests rubs off quickly
no pump included considering the bank breaking cost.

Would not recommend.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Color selection amazing coverage amazing yes i we'll recommend needs new application funtion

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

this is my HG foundation however I have to be remached it oxydizes on my oily skin,I ended up ordering from their site more than 2 months ago,and I never received it .customer service told me they are looking in to the matter ,never got back ..but still love the foundation tho.like the product not the people behind the product ..would give it 5 stars.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this foundation! I apply only one layer with a moistened beauty blender and it looks great! I prefer higher coverage with my foundations because I have dark marks and sometimes redness, and I'd say one layer of this gives good medium coverage and it's easily build-able if you need a bit more. I've never broken out from this foundation which is a big thing I always look for since I'm a very busy full-time college student who also works and I often come home so exhausted that I forget to take my makeup off until the following morning (AWFUL I know). With that said I have to add THIS STUFF LASTS!! It really is "stay-in-place" as the label says because it's not going anywhere!! I spend all day running errands, going to class, etc. and I'm always sweating like crazy but this foundation can handle it all!

I have to add something that's super important, however, and that's about how this isn't very moisturizing. I have dry skin and typically would run away from a foundation better built for oily skin types however I recently started moisturizing with vegetable glycerin (HIGHLY RECOMMEND FOR ANYONE WITH DRY SKIN, it's natural, it's cheap, only has one ingredient, and the tiniest dot keeps your face soft and buttery for ages. Also, definitely an awesome addition to your night routine) so this is no longer an issue for me.

on 5/11/2017 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my new HG foundation. My skin is oily so it doesn't look matte on my skin, it feels quite light (I'm happy with medium coverage so I don't use too much) and it didn't break me out so far. It's the only foundation I tried that didn't disappear from my skin after 10 hours and it actually looked quite nice at the end of the day. The only thing I dislike it's the packaging.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love, love, love this foundation. I have dark skin with different shades of brown and I find that this foundation from Estee Lauder covers my face up perfectly! I also have sensitive, oily, and acne-prone skin and I never have any problems using this foundation. I've tried other brands and even tried make-up specifically for "acne-prone" skin and have had problems with them.

I also love it because they offer dark shade that blends my face smoothly without leaving a white, ashy, or redish tone like other made-up. You know which ones I'm taking about...

It is expensive, but it's so worth it! Plus if I think about the amount of foundations I use to buy in search of the "right" one, this is cheaper for sure.

Oh, p.s. did I mention that it stay on for the whole day? And it doesn't rub off on your clothes?

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought shade 4N1 for summer. I already use tanning bed so it is only a bit darker than my skin but it blends perfectly. It is little cakey for my taste when I apply it but since I am extremly oily it become dewy and it is amazing. Looks very natural on me. I use small amount and I see it will last forever. I notice main diffrence between cheap and expensive foundation- cheap ones I bought every month since I use bigger amount so with pricey foundation I save money. I can't imagine someone with dry skin using double wear. I think it is perfect for oily and very oily skin. I wear it now for 8 hours and my skin looks amazing. I am not oily which is miracle, I have natural dewy perfect skin. Only complain is bottle without pump. It is such shame.

on 5/8/2017 2:32:00 AM

This does last a long time, and coverage is high, but I got the lightest shade Cool Bone, which looks good when I put it on, but by the end of the day, turns orange. Yes, I have really pale skin, but come on...I can't have this weird streaky look. It does cover blemishes and maybe if I get a different shade, I'll start to love it.