Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

on 6/16/2018 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you're looking for transfer resistant, look no further. This stuff does not budge! I was recommended this quite a few times as I'm always in search of full coverage for my cystic acne and redness. Some days it would cover everything, other bad skin days id need more. This foundation really oxidizes more than any other I've used. Unfortunately, this did make my acne worse with regular use, and really clinged to acne scars/healing acne, but I kept the bottle for occasional days/nights that I wanted a transfer resistant foundation which is always nice to have! Mixing with a lighter concealer has helped the oxidizing issue slightly. It looks amazing when first applied, however throughout the day, I notice it really catching any dry spots or textured areas. This foundation would be great for those who only have redness! Wouldn't recommend to anyone with textured skin. Definite down side is the packaging. I feel that it is messy when having to pour it out of the bottle!

on 6/13/2018 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I just don’t like this foundation and I really tried to. It’s like house paint! I tried to use it as sparingly as possible and it just made me look old and tired. I don’t think it leaves a flattering finish at all! I’m super oily and break through every foundation, but this was like sludge by the 4 hour mark. One of the worst I’ve used. Drying too.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG foundation. I’m about to finish my third bottle and will definitely be getting my fourth. I have very oily-skin with lots of scarring and redness. Many foundations have broke me out or gets eaten away by my oils. However, this doesn’t do that at all. It has a strong lasting power and a beautiful matte to satin finish (depends on the application). For a full coverage look, I like to use a dense brush. And for a more light, everyday look, I use my fingers. I’ve tried it with a damp sponge and it looks very nice too! Blends nicely with all different applications. If you’re looking to try a new foundation, this is worth it :)

The only downsides are the price (about 60$ CAD) and the packaging (it can get messy if you’re not careful).

on 5/24/2018 11:36:00 AM

The best stay in place make up ever! I have been used this product over 4 years now. It stays on my face over the day. My best ever!

on 5/17/2018 5:04:00 PM

pros:
med to full coverage
matte and do not need to set with powder (i have oily combo skin this keeps me matte all day)
long lasting
great color selection, (nc20-25, 2w1 dawn in this foundation)

cons:
broke me out and very skin congesting
can look dry and cakey if put too much on or if you dont moisturize well enough
smells a bit odd
no pump

Id suggest the nars radiant longwear foundation, its much lighter on the skin and does the same thing except this lasts longer and is a lot more matte. But since i got cycstic acne from this id never use this again

on 5/4/2018 4:40:00 AM

This stuff is so good and actually much better than what it use to be ( it use to bemuch more like spack filler but still good)! It’s a true medium, buildable, satin long wearing foundation. I’ve found my favourite products to use under it (the olay complete spf range is good) but did have a bit of trial and error, anything to lipid rich and it does move around but anything too ‘matte’ can cause the foundation to cling. My favourite brushes to apply are Real Techniques buffing and contour brushes to really help pull and spread the product, I find with these brushes I can continue to deposit and buff coverage even when the brush feels dry. Personally I’ve found a beauty blender does not work with this, particularly if you are dry because your skin is fighting for moisture from the damp sponge and the foundation and then it just looks patchy. I also like to set this with the Laura Mercier Baked Radiance powder, it brings life with no sparkle and locks in the foundation. The shades are a little tricky too...I have 3 actually, cool bone, ecru and desert beige depending on the weather and if I have any tan!

on 5/3/2018 7:49:00 PM

This is my holy grail foundation.

It looks great after initial application. But what made it my go to is that as it wears during the day, it gets a little more dewey looking on my combo (leaning towards oily) skin. But dewey in a good, “I’m naturally glowing” way. It really wears off beautifully (all foundations wear off as the day goes on, it’s just HOW they wear off on your skin that’s important!). Personally, I’ve never had any issues with it gathering or wiping off the way other foundations have.

The only thing people have to be careful with is that this can look cakey if you apply too much OR if your skin isn’t properly hydrated beforehand. However, that’s a problem that can be worked around once you find out the best way to prep your skin and apply.

Personally, I feel like people with oily skin types and those looks for medium leaning towards high coverage (with spot concealing on problematic areas b/c zit redness/discoloration still peeks through on me) would really enjoy this foundation.Those with dry skin or those that want a lot of coverage after initial application may not be too into it as it would probably look cakey by the end of the day.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Some MU items are classic for a reason. Very few MU products become instant HGs to me and this is one of them. I'm so happy with my purchase. It's highly covering and gives a beautiful finish. It's called a "stay-in-place MU", let me tell you, it does NOT move all day. I swear, I wore it for over 12 hours as I was travelling and my face still looked good at the end ! I agree with other reviewers as it gets better as the day goes by. However, it dries quite fast so you need to blend it quickly. I find it works perfectly with the RT complexion brush. I like that it has no pump because I can control how much product I need, you usually end up with more than you want with pumps.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

To see my in-depth review visit my video here:

I'll first start off this review by saying I haven't tried many high-end foundations. I've tried some many years ago, like Clinique, but they never seemed to work well for me. Although, that was many years ago when my skin was much worse. I should start trying more foundations now that my skin has cleared up, evened out & gotten much easier to work with. However, Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation is making that VERY HARD.

In fact, the only thing negative I have to say about this foundation is that it doesn't come with a pump. I could complain about the price but it's obviously not that bad if I've repurchased it. It's just a remarkable foundation. It's so perfect that you're afraid to move onto something else. Not only that but the packaging is beautiful. I love the elegant look of gold & frosted glass.

This foundation works for any skin type, skin color & occasion. I have combination skin & have used it under both conditions. There's so many shades that I can probably choose 3 or 4. I've used Toasty Toffee for a brighter complexion & Spiced Sand for a more tan complexion. You can use a little for going out to the store or build it up for when you're taking HD photos. It's incredibly easy to apply that you can just use your fingers for a flawless look. However, a beauty blender is a dream! It's creamy, smooth & sets to a slight matte finish. It doesn't transfer. It lasts all day. In fact, it looks better as the day progresses.

One time I went to a carnival/fair in 90 degree heat and I was even sweating. Yet, I came back home and still saw a nice foundation look. That day made me fall even more in love with this foundation. More times than not, the foundation looks nicer the longer you wear it.

Hands down this a great foundation & I'm pretty sure it's one of the best.

To see my in-depth review visit my video here:

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

If you aren’t a fan of full coverage, don’t waste your time. I LOVE this product. The finish is beautiful and it is long lasting. Works best with a beauty sponge of your choice.