Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup definitely lives up to the hype. It is a full coverage foundation with a matte finish which lasts all day on the skin - even through heat, humidity and sweat. This is what I put on when I know I am having a long day and will be wearing makeup for around 12 hours. I like the look of this best when applied with a damp sponge, it maintains its full coverage look whilst not being heavy and looks more radiant than when applied with a brush. This makes my skin look perfect - but still look like my own skin. It doesn't ever look cakey or heavy. It doesn't cling to dry areas or textured areas. This product is amazing, and I highly recommend it. The only downside is that you need to buy the pump separately - and it is quite expensive at $10AUD. Happily you only need to buy one pump and can put it into new bottles of foundation but it is very pricey for a pump! The foundation itself is quite well-priced at $58AUD. It's not as expensive as other equivalent products such as Nars for example. This product is so good - everyone needs this!

on 9/8/2018 11:09:00 AM

HG FOUNDATION!! It definitely needs a pump and the shade range needs to expand, but I love this so much, it's the best foundation I've ever tried. Get it, it's worth the hype!

Love Love Love!!! This is my favourite foundation!
It does exactly what they say it will do, which is "Stay in Place". I apply this early morning, and wear it all day which for me is a minimum 12 hours, and I don't have to touch it up at all.
I should note, my skin is normal/dry, but def not oily. This goes on really easily and it's great to blend, it gives you enough time to get it right before it sets. And when it does set it's not chalky or cement like, its soft and light and feels comfortable on.
I always use a primer before any foundation, and I do with this one too so I'm not sure if it would hold as long without primer (but I reckon it would).
I use to wear the MAC Pro Longwear but that was way too drying and would crack after about 5 hours.
This one is not as dry as the MAC, but it somehow stays matte all day, it literally doesn't move and it is NOT CAKEY - if anyone says this is a cakey product then you're obviously applying something too heavy underneath.
Some people are complaining about the fact that the bottle doesn't have a pump but seriously, who cares!! When the product is this good no pump is the least of my worries.
Its a bit pricey $58 a bottle, but you really do get what you pay for and the price doesn't put me off. I can't fault this at all and I know a few others that use it and love it just as much as me.
Thanks Estee Lauder, finally the perfect foundation has been produced!
HUGE thumbs up!!

on 8/31/2018 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

If you have oily skin and live in a humid country this foundation is for you. But for it to have a flawless look you have to makesure you really prep your skin before application, that is, masks, serums, moisturisers and hydrating primers etc.. This foundation does have a tendency to look cakey, best application item is a beauty blender and just press it in your skin till you feel like it has become part of your skin. Also, if you have acne prone skin then this may cause breakouts as this foundation just clings to your skin, so do save this foundation for special occasions.If i have an important event, then this is the foundation i grab...

on 8/22/2018 4:14:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I would consider this an expensive foundation because of the price point but it is so worth it. The coverage is incredible and a little goes a long way, because before I used this I was using a light-med foundation, but this is extremely full coverage!!
I find the consistency to be slightly too thick for me so I usually mix some other stuff with a small amount and it covers my whole face + more. The longevity of this is also amazing, once I wore this for a whole day from morning and went out to party at night till 4am, and this foundation firmly remained on my face. I also live in a country that is humid all year round and so far this foundation has held up to the heat and humidity!
I will repurchase this for sure because although it is pricey, it’s worth every cent.

on 8/21/2018 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

The best foundation around, PERIOD. Believe the hype, this foundation is pure perfection. I purchased this in the wrong color months ago...well, actually the wrong undertone (which is worse). Didn't bother with it for awhile. Finally made my way to the actual EL counter at my local mall and had them use the machine to match me. Turns-out, I'm actually warm in this foundation (shocked) and she matched me very well. I wear the color Nutmeg (6W2) and used a moisturizing primer (Fenty) and Velvet Matte in my T-zone (can't think of the brand) and applied using a brush. I'm a full coverage kind of girl and used about 3-4 drops. This is supposed to be a super matte foundation but because I moisturized well and used a moisturizing primer, my skin looks well hydrated while wearing this. Nothing drying about this foundation. The application is flawless, no texture whatsoever. The warm undertone suits my natural skin complexion so well. I did color correct using Nyx apricot colored corrector. The night before, I did both a scrub and chemical exfoliant and that made a world of difference. Can't emphasize enough the importance of a good skin care routine. Even without a pump, I am giving this a 5 in overall rating...that's just how good it is. Splurge on this high-end foundation, its worth it.

on 8/19/2018 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Literally the ONLY foundation i use! It works amazing for people with OILY skin. As a person who in the past had suffered from severe acne, my face has a lot of scars, however this foundation saved me! I always wear one layer and get almost full coverage!! It also lasts amazing under the sun and heat, it wont smudge or start to melt on the eyes or other parts of the face. If estee lauder discontinues this foundation i will seriously be so screwed!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A super-helpful SA at Estee Lauder counter in Selfridges, London - UK told me this is the UK's best-selling foundation and it was precisely at that point I decided I just had to try it for myself! She tried a few different shades on me and in the end settled on giving me a sample of this in 3W1.5 (Fawn). I applied it eagerly the next morning in place of my CC cream. Well...it stayed put throughout the day. By the time I got back in that evening it was 9pm and other than a touch of shine on my t-zone (nothing that a few blotting papers couldn't sort out) I was happy to see the foundation hadn't settled into my pores or accentuated any fine lines.

The coverage is buildable and somewhere in the 'medium' category. It didn't transfer onto any of the many clothes I tried on whilst out shopping and if it had an SPF higher than 10 this would be amongst one of my favorite foundations. I did find the tone slightly light for my skin tone with a noticeable beige undertone, however it wasn't too far off and if given more time I'm sure the SA would have been able to find a precise match for me.

To put it to the test I kept what was left in my sample tube and tried it for a day in the real deal (Miami in mid-summer). Again it did not budge or transfer. The shine did increase - and not just nose, but the rest of my face too. But to be fair it wasn't a huge issue and I've yet to find a foundation that isn't gong to do that when the heat and humidity is turned up to full blast.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 8/11/2018 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE Estee Lauder makeup and it's foundations is definitely my HG.
I use this product on a daily basis and it'S Non-transfer all day wear!!
I have used for years, I tried many different things but always come back to this makeup!

on 8/11/2018 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Full coverage, matte, lasts ALL day. It's perfect. Flashback is awful with this foundation though, that's the only negative.