Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

on 1/4/2018 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hell No! This looks like a mask, no matter how one applies it (i tried many ways!) it ages my normal to dehydrated skin terribly...just terrible! It is so matte and drying. Accentuates all the stuff one would like to blur. It also feels heavy, my skin looks 100% better without it on. I would not recommend. I got matched to "bone" i am an nc15, colour was close, just a hair yellow.

on 12/31/2017 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a great coverage foundation. I have oily and acne prone skin with acne scars and the coverage is very buildable. However, there are better brands out there which last longer than this one. I have to powder my face quite often throughout the day to get rid of excess shine. Also the shade range is not the best and I have found it makes my skin look quite orangey. Overall a good foundation but not the best.

on 12/26/2017 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have very oily skin, rosacea, and post acne scarring & discoloration. This foundation makes my skin look not only flawless but natural. And it stays on all day despite my oil production. Very impressive. People actually think my skin looks this way naturally (haha). Only thing is I wish it was more full coverage. With other foundations I use a beauty blender but for some reason I have to use a brush with this. Otherwise it just doesn’t cover well. It does blend very well, though. I also hate that it doesn’t have a pump yet. It’s expensive enough to have a pump-c’mon now EL. UPDATE: Do not buy this if you have dry skin! I had forgotten that it dries to dry patches badly until winter rolled around. Just reminded me that if I had dry skin all the time, I would not purchase.

on 12/21/2017 5:07:00 AM

The foundation with the best staying power. However, it’s a bit drying around the corners of my mouth and chin. I also get little bumps on the sides of my nose. They all disappear with a spray of rose water. I only use this foundation when I know I have long days. Otherwise, if it’s a typical work day of 10 hours, I use Dior Star as I don’t get any reactions from it and the freedom of foundation coming out from a pump. Double Wear is also quite difficult to manage when putting it on. Definitely need a tool of some sort for that blurring effect. I am still trying to find my correct shade. I have tried three colours and all were a bit off in one way or another.

on 12/12/2017 11:04:00 PM

No good sale service, sample testing is bad if there's ain't enough good lightings in the room. I went through sample testing in a drugstore on my face, made a glimpse at my face and trusted the sale girl has made the right pick for me for the best shade, but when I tried it at home it's more pale and drape in shade/colour! It's too low in colour/shade when comparing to the colour shown inside the small bottle! There is no seal on the box and bottle, I've tried LA GIRL, NYX and other tools and brushes and their packagings all has seals! My nose's skin is rather dry and it sweats over night, in after 6 to 7 hours one third of the foundation has came off on the nose. I hope they has 3ml shade tester sizes that comes in cheap sealed plastic bags that's very small so buyers can take home to test on their face, I don't have a problem to paid for 3ml sized samples of different shades.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I feel like i'm taking crazy pills- I absolutely *hated* this and I'm a very small portion of people with that opinion! Nothing has looked worse on my skin. I looked powdery and cakey using the foundation even with a hydrating primer.

I like my foundation to the dewy end generally and usually attempt to look at things objectively and say 'maybe this just isn't for my skin' but I can't with this. I just found so few plus points to it. I have combination skin and on dry patches it looked truly awful, but it even looked dry and flaky on my oily nose. Now I exfoliate with AHAs and BHAs depending on the area of my skin, plus I previously used a somewhat drying but lighter foundation (Fusion ink) with no issues, so I don't think it's an issue with my nose texture particularly.
The coverage is to the heavier end of medium, but I didn't find it easy to build with a damp beauty blender. It more looked like it was sitting on top in layers than blending together to provide high coverage in certain areas seamlessly. Looked a slightly 'flat' on, but excusably so if you really need something with staying power.

There being no pump is a bad show too. This is *not* a drug store foundation, there is no excuse for not having one, really. The packaging is at least pretty, though.

This does oxodise like nothing I've seen before too- Shell was even a little off after a few hours. I don't think shell is available in the US either so I have no idea how anyone pale would be able to use this formula without a *lot* of white mixer.

From my experience, you'd have to be of a *very* oily skin type to love this. I'm glad it exists even if I hated it though- A holy grail for very oily skin is hard to find and it's wonderful people with that skin type are able to use this foundation without blotting every .5 femtoseconds! If you have anything other than that (especially dry) have a proper look in sunlight before you buy a full sized bottle though, I have seen people who use this look *incredibly* textured and chalky because they tried and applied it in artificial lighting.

on 12/8/2017 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation is very full coverage, great for a night out but not for everyday wear. It oxidizes a lot, so if you were to wear it throughout the day I would recommend going 1 or 2 shades lighter. I used it daily for a while and it definitely didn't do my skin any favours.

on 12/4/2017 11:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Finally tried this much hyped foundation. Luckily I got a sample and didn't purchase because it did not work for me. I got matched to the color Rattan, which matched my skin perfectly. I tried this three different times and was disappointed all three times. First used it without a primer, then with the Smashbox primer, then with the Dr. Brandt Primer and it made no difference at all. By the three hour mark, it had gathered in creases that I didn't know I had! No other foundation that I currently use (itCosmetics CC cream, Revlon Age Defying and YSL) has ever done that. Very disappointing.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After I've started using this product, I came to know that what the word "holy grail product" actually means. Formerly I used to think that it is normal for foundations to come off from my face with smartphone screen, or crease after a few hours. But after I've started using this foundation, my expectation from the 'foundation' department has been sky-touching! It is expensive, but I don't regret spending my money on it. In fact, I'll certainly purchase another bottle, when I'll use it all up. It worths every penny.

on 11/22/2017 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Went to the estee lauder counter and was colour matched by the very helpful and knowledgeable BA to 2W2, which is a warm yellow based shade. The colour was the best match for any foundation I have ever had, including my beloved Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, absolutely spot on. I have a very difficult skin tone to match and most other cosmetic houses don't offer a wide enough selection. I also have extremely dry, sensitive skin and was very excited to try this. The BA gave me an extremely generous weeks supply to trial. This was great, as based on the first hour I would have purchased it. But as the day went on, my face got drier and tighter and the skin around my eyes was so dry it was flaking. What a shame I really wanted to love this just for the colour alone, but I think this is a foundation best suited to a combination oily skin or a younger skin with more natural moisture. It certainly lives up to the longevity and does not transfer at all, a great bonus. Just not for me.