Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

on 12/12/2018 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My HG guys honestly . For a year and a half now I’ve been try testing different foundations but after all the fuss I’ve come back to this & I forgot just how much I love it . It’s definitely a full coverage foundation for sure . It’s staying power is absolutely amazing , it doesn’t crease fade or transfer which is GREAT. The dry down is definitely a matte finish but it really depends what products you use with it . At the moment I’m leaning towards a fuller coverage matte look considering I work 9 hour shifts & I want something that will look exactly how it did when I applied it or even better . I think this foundation is just really good if you want something that LASTS but covers everything . It’s consistency is quite thick on its own although I have been mixing it with my Bobbi brown long lasting foundation just to lighten it up a bit so it does spread a bit easier . I use the Hourglass mineral veil primer underneath so let me tell ya my foundation does not move anywhere . & it looks smooth & wonderful I just love it . Only con is the packaging I wish they had a pump !

on 11/18/2018 4:04:00 AM

MUA, I’m telling you now and listen to when I say this... It’s thick! It’s not a watery based consistency whatsoever so don’t expect a dewy sheer finish. You can add moisturizer to your foundation to make it dewy and lighter if you want.

It does, however, cover and conceal amazingly. Its the only foundation that doesn’t break me out. I tried so many foundations, from Becca to Mac to Fenty to Clinque to Lancome and Cheap Drugstore Foundations.. I always come back to this.

I still haven’t found my favourite. I wish I didn’t like the Double Wear foundation so much because its thick and super expensive. But there’s a reason I’ve stuck to it for many years.

Highly recommend to use beauty blender with it

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Color match was perfect, but it looked cakey and emphasized pores. What I would expect from a drugstore foundation so I returned it.

on 10/29/2018 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

There are some things I don’t love about this foundation, but for someone with dark acne scars like me who is looking for a full coverage foundation that stays all day and doesn’t transfer, this is the best. At first I hated it - I applied with a kabuki brush and it wouldn’t blend and was very mask-like. When I applied it with a damp beauty blender, it transformed into the foundation everyone touts it to be. It is full coverage but I still have to use Kevyn Aucoin sensual skin enhancer to cover up acne scars completely and undereye circles. I wear 2W0 warm vanilla and I’m nc20. What I love about this foundation more than anything is that it doesn’t transfer at all. All other foundations I’ve tried transfer onto my clothes, onto my boyfriend, onto anyone and anything I come into contact with. Double wear doesn’t budge there is nothing else that compares on the market. Even when I’m wearing sunglasses it doesn’t rub off onto the glasses which is a pet peeve of mine.

Some things I don’t love about double wear: it is not very natural looking. It definitelty looks like I’m wearing makeup and isn’t the most skin-like foundation I’ve tried. I also don’t like the smell or the fact that it doesn’t have a pump. It’s easy to use too much product since it doesn’t have a pump. I’ve tried hundreds of foundations - some of which I much prefer the skin like finish of but the fact that this doesn’t budge or transfer is worth it for me.

I've re-purchased Double Wear 3 times now and I do still love it! I wear this mostly as a weekend/going on a night out foundation. I have combination to oily skin. The coverage for me is full coverage, however I still use powder around my T-zone. I got colour matched in store, and it is the perfect match for me. I am fairly light, I am in the shade Ecru. The downsides, it doesn't have a pump and it does dry fast, so blend fast! But would definitely recommend.

Short Review about the Foundation (About 3min) with all the information that you need.

on 10/22/2018 6:31:00 AM

Okaaay so I have used this for the last 10 years, on and off. After about 6 years of using it I wanted to see if I could find any other foundations and just explore a little... I’ve tried many foundations, Clinique, Nars, Dior, mac, too faced, and the list goes on.

Nothing beats Estée Lauder double wear for me. I always come back to it. The price is high yet it lasts for a long time and it stays on my skin so well, but I like to set it with a powder. I don’t usually use it by itself but I’ve heard good things with just itself. One bottle lasts me between 1 year to a year and a half and I use makeup almost every day. You don’t really need to use much since it has got quite a lot of coverage.

Surprisingly, this does not dry out my dry skin since it’s a quite heavy and matte foundation. I use this in the Norwegian winter and it doesn’t affect it all. It doesn’t cling onto my dry spots but I always make sure I moisturise well beforehand. It doesn’t settle into my fine lines either or it doesn’t budge. I like to use urban decays optical illusion complexion primer underneath this and I set it with Nyxs HD translucent powder. It stays put all day. At the end of the day, it becomes more of a nice dewy look for me.

At one point I thought that this was contributing to some really bad acne that I got several years ago. I decided to stop using it and try out something less heavy. My acne went away and so I thought the foundation wasn’t that good. Again after some years I decided to try this out because the price was cheaper in Australia ($50 AUD) and I remembered that I loved how long it stayed put on my skin. I didn’t get acne this time (wuhu! :D) So I think it was probably from hormones and also because I didn’t have the best skincare routine back then either. You REALLY need to make sure you remove this properly and cleanse your skin otherwise you may get some clogged pores and tada, there’s the skin problems. I find that with many foundations do this either way if you don’t remove the makeup/cleanse anyway. :)

Application: I used to use my fingers when I was younger but I had found that kinda made me look a bit cakier than what i wanted... so I highly recommend using a damp sponge. I use the real techniques sponge for this and I think it evens the foundation out perfectly. Ever since using the sponge I no longer have a cakey look :)

For the packaging, as many people have stated, a pump should have come with this for hygienic purposes. But I thiiiiink you can actually buy the Estée Lauder pump seperately or if you can’t find that, Mac or Clinique have good ones that will fit the bottle.

Shade range:
Back when I first started using the ELDW, there wasn’t an impressive amount of shades but now they’ve really stepped up their game. The new additions are great! I have a friend who has super pale skin and she’s always struggled to find her perfect shade. She tried DW before the pale shades came in and now she’s very satisfied.
For me, I am around a Mac nc 15/20. I like to use between ELDW 1n1/1w1 for winter and 1n2/1w2 for summer. I have a neutral skin tone leaning warm. If I need to change anything, I sometimes mix them together or I mix in the smallest amount of turmeric depending on what shade I want to achieve.

I’d say give it a go. It’s worth getting a sample. This is my holy grail and I hope it works out for you :)

on 10/7/2018 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! My friend got this for me as a 21st birthday present and now I'm 32 and its still my HG.. tragically I still also have oily skin with acne lol. Its the only foundation I've ever found that reliably keeps my skin matte, even in the hot humid Australian summer. It's also got great coverage and doesn't make my acne worse. I've tried various shades for my medium skin, tans easily with slight yellow undertones. Warm creme is my current match :)

This stuff is good but not great especially not for the price. It definitely stays on but I noticed that it seems to show my pores way too much and it's drying on my skin. I have combo skin; it looks dry and flaky on my nose and chin. I've tried 5 different primers and it still makes my pores very noticeable.

I think it works better on younger skin. If you're in your mid-30s like me and don't want your pores to be exaggerated try something else especially at this price point.

Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup definitely lives up to the hype. It is a full coverage foundation with a matte finish which lasts all day on the skin - even through heat, humidity and sweat. This is what I put on when I know I am having a long day and will be wearing makeup for around 12 hours. I like the look of this best when applied with a damp sponge, it maintains its full coverage look whilst not being heavy and looks more radiant than when applied with a brush. This makes my skin look perfect - but still look like my own skin. It doesn't ever look cakey or heavy. It doesn't cling to dry areas or textured areas. This product is amazing, and I highly recommend it. The only downside is that you need to buy the pump separately - and it is quite expensive at $10AUD. Happily you only need to buy one pump and can put it into new bottles of foundation but it is very pricey for a pump! The foundation itself is quite well-priced at $58AUD. It's not as expensive as other equivalent products such as Nars for example. This product is so good - everyone needs this!