Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

on 9/16/2018 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this foundation for over 3 years now. It is perfect for my super oily skin that is acne prone. It stays on for 12+hours. I don't get shiny, but I do get smile lines unfortunately. I tried everything but I always get them. I wear shade 3w1 tawny. I have a medium skintone. Really recommend this one. I only buy it in sale.

on 4/4/2018 3:41:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Great foundation — longest lasting foundation I tried. However, after 12 hours I need to reapply. Very easy application using a beautyblender or a brush. Needs a (sheer) setting powder to set.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Only foundation that works for my combination oily skin, it is amazing coverage with a huge variety of shades. A little expensive but one bottle lasts a long time.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. I have very oily skin and this stuff really stays in place. I use it with Mac Pro blot powder and they staying power triples. I have yet to use this in the summer, but I'm sure it will stay put through sweat as well and it stays put through my oil. The color variations are great, if you go to the EL makeup counter they have a little digital reader that can read your skin and tell you what shade you are. That's what I did and got a perfect match. The only thing with this product though is it seems to dry my skin out a little, but I also use proactiv daily which is also drying so it could be chalked up to that. But I got a free sample of the night recovery complex with my foundation purchase and that stuff really works well for moisturizing oily skin, it soaks right in and doesn't leave any residue. Another great thing about this foundation is it doesn't break me out, at all. Great stuff!!

After years and years of searching for a foundation that would stick and suited my skin, I finally found Estee Lauder Double Wear and haven't looked back (apart from a stint with NARS AWLF which was awful).

I have combo skin, and whilst the foundation can stick a tad to the dry bits - I find a lot of foundations do this anyway - I can't really fault it in any other way. I'm colour Ecru, which can be a bit light on my skin if I have a tan going, but during the winter months its a good match.

The foundation is pretty heavy, but I don't find it cakey in any way. Apply in small amounts and build it up and you should be grand. I can wear it all day and not need to touch it up - I've even woken up in the mornings with it still in tact! If you want full coverage and endurance, this is definitely a winner.

on 8/19/2016 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My favourite foundation!! Lasts all day, at first I found it quite drying, but if you use a good moisturizer before you apply it then it looks a lot better! I'm a Mac NW20 and wear Fresco 2C3. I've been wearing it over a year and find it gives the best coverage when I compare it to other foundations, I think it gives better coverage and lasts a lot longer than the MAC foundations I used to be obsessed with. I adore this foundation and it leaves a flawless finish (I also use a beauty blender.) I wasn't keen on the bottle when I first got it, but you can use the Mac foundation pump and cut it a little at the bottom for it to fit in the Estée bottle and it works perfectly! Love, love, love!!!

Very heavy duty foundation. I love it, doesn't feel so heavy that its gross but just enough that you know youre getting full coverage. the shade variety is great and I can always find my shade no matter the season. will always be a favorite. great oil control and makes me look photoshopped.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My new HG foundation! Simply amazing. First of all, they have so many shades to choose from and the woman at the counter matched my skin perfectly. I use a moisturizer (Oil of Olay) and Primer (Pupa Milano) and then I apply this with a damp beauty blender and it makes my face look flawless, natural, and not cakey at all. I don't break out very often but when I do i just dab some of this on with the small end of the beauty blender and it works just like a concealer. A little goes a long way with this stuff. It really does last all day- there are many days when I get out of work and fall asleep, then wake up to go out with friends that night and I never have to reapply. Also, it does not transfer!!

For those ladies who would like to try this but aren't ready to go all in and buy a full bottle you can stop by an Estee Lauder counter and they will give you a pretty good sized sample.

So many good things to say about this foundation!

Love this foundation. It has great coverage and doesn't cause my skin to break out. The price is the only thing I don't like but it is definitely worth it. It lasts me about 3-4 months, the bottle is a little inconvenient since the top is wide open. I usually end up spilling out too much and try to scrape it back into the bottle. I use my real-technique liquid foundation brush to apply it and it lasts me all day. The smell is fine it's not strong at all.

on 2/18/2016 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best foundation. I have purchased bottle after bottle of this, alongside trying other foundations, I always return to this one! It doesn't move all day- especially when used with the Urban Decay Setting Spray! Love it! The foundation would benefit from a pump though to get the product out more easily.