Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 19-24
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

on 11/30/2015 1:08:00 AM

I might have gotten a bad batch, but I really expected more out of this foundation.
I have dry skin with acne, hyper pigmentation, and scarring which is a lot to ask a foundation to cover, but I have found some good ones. (Kat von D, Infallible, ect)
This was thin, watery, with little coverage. I used my beloved primer before application as I always do, applied with a brush and BB on one side, and stippling on the other, and both sides looked awful. It went on super streaky and I could not blend it out!
I ended up taking it off completely because I just gave up trying to make this work.
Would not buy again. Total Dud for me.

I stupidly bought this foundation because of all the amazing reviews I read but I was wrong! I have normal/combination skin and even with moisturiser this foundation is so dry and settles into every hair and pore on my face. It goes very cakey and patchy around my nose and forehead. I have tried applying this foundation in different ways but I still get the same issue. The one good thing about this foundation is its staying power but what's the point when I look terrible. I would definitely only advise this foundation to someone who is very oily and not dry at all and preferably not a hair in their face! Make sure you get a sample before you buy I can't stress enough!

on 11/3/2014 8:45:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The formula is really nice but it looks like it's intended for medium to dark tan skin with yellow undertones... this is how the lightest shade of their formula (cool bone) looks with pale skin with pink undertones:

I'm super disappointed. I have tried so many foundations for my combination skin and all of the perfect formulas are too dark :(

This is a review on the ELDW new formula.

I hate this product. I didn't get to use the old formula so I can't comment on the differences between the two, but as foundations go, this is just apalling.

The range of colours I actually think is pretty good. The price isn't bad considering it's a premium foundation. The application, however, leaves much to be desired.

I'll keep it short and sweet:
- It applied terribly. I've read that you need to blend this stuff quickly...I didn't think they meant in SECONDS. This stuff doesn't blend whatsoever. When I tried to spread it over my face, it pretty much fell a part. There were huge gaps where I spread the foundation with my finger and it ended up looking like a mottled, horrible mess.
- Quite drying initially (coming from someone with oily skin) but over the course of the day, my skin got very oily and what was left of the foundation seemed to melt away.
- Flawless finish? HA! The only way I can describe the finish is if you've literally just applied your foundation and then someone throws a towel in your face (hard) and you don't try and patch it up.
- It doesn't work with my finishing powder. Come on! It's Laura Mercier loose finishing powder!!

Don't buy it. I won't!

I tried the new formula in Fresco, which was the most fantastic color match for me. However, it accentuated any pores I never knew about, felt really thick and greasy on my face, shockingly didn't cover much, was hard to blend, shined like a disco-ball and the packaging is so inconvenient.

on 10/21/2013 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Long term: ruined my skin!!!!! Short term:great coverage. I bought this and initially fell in love but after a whole I noticed my skin was getting drier and drier. After a month or so I broke out terribly in these small bumpy spots that are very hard to treat and noticed that my skin was very very dry and cracked and begun peeling. This went on for a while. It has been over a month since I have stopped using this and although it I'd gradually getting better it has caused so much damage to my skin I wouldn't use again. The irony of it all is is that the foundation looks crap on dry skin.

on 2/28/2017 4:49:00 AM

I love this foundation so much, it kills me that I won't re purchase this foundation due to the fact the flash back in photos is absolutely horrible !!! I look like a ghost in photos ! I love the way it looks on my face it's a shame that it doesn't look good in flash photos.

on 2/28/2017 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This stuff has the consistency and smells very strongly of paint, if you need FULL coverage and don't mind a cakey feeling then it would be okay for you, but not for me. I have normal- dry skin, this foundation brings out every tiny patch of dryness I didn't even know I had, and it clings to the tiny hairs on my face making my overall skin look like it has a very strange and unpleasant texture. I mix a little in with my favourite foundations when I want a little extra coverage, then it's not so bad but I just do that to try and use it up!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used to see this foundation as my holy grail - full coverage for my acne and scarring and lasted pretty much all day. I re bought this for around 3 years....

So why the low review?
As I have had bad skin for around 8 years I decided to take some action by going to dermatologist. She took one look at my face (without make up.... eeekk!) and said "you wear double wear and if you continue I will not help you". Apparently double wear contains the worst ingredients possible and since stopping wearing it 5 weeks ago I've has zero break outs.

please, if you have bad/acne prone skin and use this... give your skin a break from it and you'll notice a difference.

on 8/19/2016 4:29:00 PM

I got a sample of this as pictures on Instagram tagging it looked flawless. I never purchased and never will. The sample came in a pot that was supposed to last 7 days but I don't use much so it lasted over 3 weeks. Amazing coverage but once set with powder it started to sink. It clogged my pores and I broke out badly. It emphasised my pores and looked like soggy flour on my face when I added a sweep of setting powder. Can't comment on packaging as it was only a sample tub. Might work better with a setting spray but it's not for me.