Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used to see this foundation as my holy grail - full coverage for my acne and scarring and lasted pretty much all day. I re bought this for around 3 years....

So why the low review?
As I have had bad skin for around 8 years I decided to take some action by going to dermatologist. She took one look at my face (without make up.... eeekk!) and said "you wear double wear and if you continue I will not help you". Apparently double wear contains the worst ingredients possible and since stopping wearing it 5 weeks ago I've has zero break outs.

please, if you have bad/acne prone skin and use this... give your skin a break from it and you'll notice a difference.

I was super excited to try this foundation after all the awesome reviews. My first impression was the smell. It literally smells like paint, and it claims the foundation is unscented. I also felt like the foundation was extremely difficult to work with, it seems to dry very fast before you have time to blend it in. It also seems to be very heavy and cakey if you dot it on, you need to either apply with a brush or a sponge NOT with your fingers or directly on your face. The coverage I got wasn't worth the effort of applying this makeup. I felt pretty good leaving the house after I finally figured out how to apply it, but then while I was in the restroom at the restaurant in different lighting, it seemed to be really heavy and cakey on my skin, accentuating every single line or dry patch. I think this would be a good foundation for someone with really oily smooth skin or a few blemishes, but not for someone with combo skin and dry patches, large pores or any texture issues. It definitely accentuates them, but I guess that could be said for any full coverage foundation. I guess my skin just likes BB creams better. ALSO, PLEASE give this foundation a pump!! Dumping it out all over your hand just wastes product and is not hygenic.

on 1/24/2017 9:24:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ah double wear foundation! I dont want to but I love you so much!!
On those days (most days) when i wake up and look in the mirror , thinking about all the stuff I gotta do and not wanting to face it all looking washed up & crappy I turn to you...and i KNOW whatever else goes on during the day my makeups not gonna let me down and its basically one less worry! So if anyones reading this wondering if its worth the price/hype , my humble opinion is, it is!

Have been buying for 3/4 years now and its quality foundation.
Bought 'shell' shade first, was too pink.
'Honey bronze' very nice, veeeery tan...(ma skin is quite fair skin!! Who cares :) i like being tan)
'Tawny' very nice, too pale (i prefer yellow undertones, think it counteracts any redness & looks nicer on my skin) good for winter
'Cashew' shade am using right now. Love it. Nice and yellow and tanned looking. But there are tons of shades to choose from. Get testers first :)

Apply with brush. Apply serum , sunblock under and rimmel powder to set.
Drink the coffee, slap on the makeup and its all that bit brighter!

on 1/19/2017 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really good foundation for long wear. It really does stay in place! The shade selection is also great. My biggest complaint is the bottle. I hope someday they include a pump. It makes it hard to get all of the product, or too much can come out at once. That aside, it wears beautifully on the skin and is very versatile to use.

on 1/11/2017 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've used double wear for a while now and at first I LOVED it for it's amazing long-lasting coverage. However, it soon started sitting in my fine lines and seemed to dry before I could blend it properly with a brush. I definitely recommend a damp beauty blender to apply it and because it's so dry, I wouldn't use it without moisturiser and the right primer. I found velvety finish primers like Benefit POREfessional didn't work well with it, but that might just be my skin. I use the lightest warm tone - 1W1 Bone and it's a good match. The packaging is horrid, but I have repurchased and probably will again. Prefer not to use it for everyday foundation but it's perfect for a full glam look.

I really do love this foundation albeit pricey $$$. Worth it though. It's awesome to find a foundation that really allows you to build layers--provides me with both light and thicker coverage. A little goes a longgggg way. I've got a pretty pink/red cherry face naturally and this really camouflages all that

I do find the product dries fast so I apply it with a damp beauty blender sponge to my face. Having double-whammy combo skin, I get pretty oily in my t-zone and this foundation holds up pretty well against that, even without using a primer. So that gives it more brownie points

I do kind of hate that it doesn't have a pump top. Mostly because I'm half asleep when applying this in the morning and I end up pouring a monstrous amount onto my hand

My HG product. I continually try to find an alternative, and something to replace it - but I always go back to wearing Double Wear. (Colorstay is NOT a dupe in my opinion)

This foundation is full coverage, but I have found that it wears more on the medium side for me. I will do do a full face and then go back over any problem areas (mainly the chin and lower cheeks). It dries to a matte coverage, and refuses to budge (I live in Southern Louisiana)

My recommendation is to get color matched on this foundation. Thankfully, there are a ton of shades, but the wrong color can make you look like you're wearing a mask.

Highly recommend this foundation for girls looking for a matte, long-wearing, full-coverage foundation.

This is my HG foundation. It covers so well and stays in place all day, I'm talking 8+ hours.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This foundation is really great! I have tried a range of different foundations, but no other foundation can beat this one's staying power, coverage and appearance, and it doesn't transfer! I can go more or less the entire day without the foundation changing its appearance (I usually get shiny in the T-zone after some hours with most other foundations) and it doesn't budge at all if I touch my face. It has a full coverage, and it works well even if my skin is a bit dry in some areas – it simply makes my skin looks smooth no matter what. I use it with a Beauty Blender, which gives a more natural look than if I use my fingers (I have not tried it with a foundation brush). A little product goes a long way.

It can feel a bit heavy and can be a bit hard to remove, so it's not an everyday foundation for me. But it's great to have on hand for special occasions, for example if I know I am doing something in the evening, or it is very humid or rainy outside. I always feel safe with this foundation on, and I don't need any touch-ups!

The only possible drawback is that it's a pouring bottle – it doesn't have a pump. But I know that you can buy a pump from a different brand and put it on this bottle. Personally I don't mind it being without a pump, I just pour a bit in my palm and dab the Beauty Blender in it.

The bottle is pretty with the gold cap – I always appreciate a sense of luxury when spending a lot of money on a product.

I'm still trying out different shades to find the best match for my fair (NC15) olive-toned skin.

on 11/19/2016 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG foundation! I've been using this for years and it's never let me down. It stays on my face all day, and it breaks my heart at 10pm at night when it still looks flawless and I have to take it all off :(
When my skin changed In my early 20's due to pregnancy, it still stayed on my oily, slick breakout skin and hid the shine really well which was unbelievable cause my skin was super sensitive and red raw from my usual exfoliators no longer working on my post pregnancy skin.
Now that I use all the right skin care products and my skin's oil is completely under control, it just looks stunning and natural and has a glow that it gives my skin which I've never seen with makeup ever before.
I dot it all over my face from the bottle with clean fingers and use a beauty blender to blend it into my skin over the top of my concealer and primer. I then use a pressed power over the top to seal it and I don't re apply ever!! I use a micellar water makeup remover with a cotton pad to remove it and it comes off to easily in one wipe.
It looks matte and makes my skin look poreless and smooth.
The price is rough at $52 a bottle from Myer in Australia but a 30ml bottle literally lasts me a whole year because I only wear makeup twice a week as I run a business from my home so it's worth it for me.