Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

on 11/17/2017 7:01:00 AM

Sad to say that in a nutshell...the worst foundation for my skin.
I wish I could say it didn’t break me out but omg I had the worst acne breakout since I was 18. Comedones, whiteheads, acne cosmetica all over forehead, cystic acne. The works. I am very careful with my skincare and getting every scrap of makeup off my skin at night so I don’t breakout, but this stuff must have been welded on in my pores still and I didn’t realise. I wish I knew how other people with acne prone skin got on so well with it and how they removed it.
Also, within a couple of hours it oxidised.
It was very cakey which just accentuated the flaws, dry patches and bumps.
Photos look like your a ghost due to flashback.
Sad it didn’t work for me as it seems to work well for so many others.

on 11/1/2017 2:46:00 PM

Pros:
Medium-high coverage
Very long wearing

Cons:
The fact the bottle has no pump and you have to tip it out is irritating. For the price it should have a pump
Patchy and accentuates dry patches/acne etc
Because its so long wearing the colour is so flat on and dry/dull looking on

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the foundation itself. It is literally the only foundation that sticks to my oil slick face. I can make this look natural, applied either with buffing brush or beauty blender. I have been using this for about 8years and have yet to find something else I prefer. I do dislike that it doesnt come with a pump, but I just decant into another bottle. I will say it is harsh to wear constantly like I have been and trying to reduce the amount of daily wear. If you have oily skin and need a good foundation, I do recommend it. This covers my redness from thread veins. It can plog pores though, so make sure it is removed each night.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

AMAZING.... AMAZING... AMAZING!!!!!! Only I would love a pump, but I can get around that!!!! OBSESSED!!!!

on 10/14/2017 10:10:00 AM

The shade is a perfect match which normally is quite a struggle for me. I have combination skin with a few dry spots and some imperfections such as pimples and a few acne scars.

First of all, the packaging sucks. No pump?! How am I supposed to get the foundation out without wasting product? Nope, that's just dumb.

I used this foundation with a primer, a quite cheap drugstore primer that I use on an every day basis. As for the formula I find it a tad too thick but it blends really well on my skin. I used a damp beauty blender and it worked really well. I guess a thick formula is to expect when it is supposed to stay put for 10+ hours.

It's very buildable and the coverage ranges from ligh to heavy. I prefer a medium coverage so I used two layers. With this product you benefit from building it up gradually as opposed to using one thick layer.

After two layers I still need to use a concealer for spot touch up as I have a tiny bit of acne and the red spots are coming through.

I can really feel the foundation on my face which as a problem for me. I don't like the feeling of having a mask on and this feels really heavy.

Overall this is not ideal for me. It's a good product and my skin looks really good, almost like it's my own skin, but the feeling of the product on my skin really kills it for me. Normally I use the Estee lauder double wear cushion stick which I really LOVE so I automatically thought that the products would be similar only this one providing a bit more coverage. Nope, I still need my concealer here!

I put it on at 10 am and now it's 5 pm. The foundation still looks flawless! No cracking, no oxidation and it hasn't sunken into my pores. It looks really good! The mask-like feeling hasn't gone away and I constantly get reminded of having foundation on. If that is not a problem for you this is a really rad product! I think I will use this for special occasions when I want to look flawless without touching up.

PROS:
- Shade is a perfect match
- Looks really natural even after two layers
- A variation of coverage
- Blends really well
- Photographs well
- Doesn't oxide
- as promised it does hold for a really long time

CONS:
- No pump
- my face feels heavy with product
- The price
- Doesn't cover acne redness
- Thick formula

on 9/19/2017 1:12:00 PM

I was first introduced to this foundation a few years back when I walked into Sephora and told them my oily skin needed something bullet proof. I have been using this foundation on and off ever since. The reason I am not loyal to this foundation are the few, but major, flaws in this formula.

First, no matter what I do, applying less, applying it with a different brush, applying with a primer, applying without (the list goes on), it always looks shiny! I find that it never fully dries down... what the eff? I hate this finish because i always look like a wax figure. I do apply powder to set (which i have also changed to accommodate to the fact that this does nothing to control my oil) and just to echo what everyone else is saying, the lack of a pump is really some BS, especially when paying $50 for a foundation. This foundation is also not easy to work with if you need to apply another layer and easily cakes up. For something that does not control oil, this still somehow manages to make me dry in areas and accentuate dry patches. And if i accidentally use too much and apply some under my eyes, man do they look worse for wear.

With all the negatives out of the way, its time to address the reasons why i do re-purchase. The main reason that I run back to this foundation is for the fact that it truly is "stay-in-place" makeup. When applied, no matter how much i blot, and I blot almost every hour, it is still left on my skin at the end of the day. My perfect colour match is ivory nude, but when matched by a rep. they gave me bone and sweet jesus i looked like a sweet potato at the end of the day, so be careful when matching. At the end of the day, if i could give it an HG status based on the sole reason that it doesn't budge, then i would. But with all other foundations on the market, the search continues for something better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Purchased this to use as tattoo cover for a wedding. The reviews persuaded me. The coverage was strong, it definitely stayed put. But it had a few fatal flaws: The color was different in the bottle than what I was matched to at the makeup counter. Yes, I checked the bottle to see if there was a mix up, and no, there wasn't. The color on my neck, was a totally different tone than what came out of my bottle. And as the day wore on, the color changed, oxidized and became ashy in patches. It went on smooth, and cracked within an hour. I wasn't impressed for the price. Gave it away. Won't be purchasing again. Really? $50 and no pump?

Please take into consideration that this review applies to me and how this foundation worked with me and my skin and my review of this foundation could differ to others but this is just my honest opinion. As my intrest in make up got deeper and fonder
I began to get fed up of using drugstore foundations and feeling like i was spending pointless amounts of money on foundations that had no impact on the way my makeup looked or lasted. I used numerious foundations from drugstores and still struggled to find one that was of a high coverage and lasted through out the day or at a evening party. My friend then requested i look into buying this foundation and in comparorison to other high end foundations it wasnt the price i could fault considering others that many beauty gurues rave about like 'Giorgio Armani' are so much more pricey, I found this a lot more affordable. I cant complain about how long this foundation lasts me from when i apply it to when i take it off the coverage still remains same and covers any pimple, spot or crease in my skin i dont want showing, so therefore i was pleased with that, however this foundation is extremely thick and doesnt give a natrual flawless look instead because of its thickness it tends to make my makeup look cakey. If you are looking into buying this foundation please do consider what skin type you are first as my skin is combination so is oily but i do find around my nose and under my eyes my skin is dry and i found that the foundation gripped onto my dry skin and didnt look duey instead it looked ruff when i added powder and i baked my under eye and when my sin got more oily in the process of wearing it the foundation sunk into my pores and made them appear through. This foundation would be much better for anyone who has oily skin or anyone that prefers a matte look instead of a duey one. I WOULDNT RECOMMED TO ANYONE WITH DRY SKIN.

on 9/13/2017 10:24:00 PM

I can't live without this foundation!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I can't stand this foundation. Settles into pores, accentuates everything and doesn't last as long as it should. Oxidizes as well