Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 1/11/2017 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've used double wear for a while now and at first I LOVED it for it's amazing long-lasting coverage. However, it soon started sitting in my fine lines and seemed to dry before I could blend it properly with a brush. I definitely recommend a damp beauty blender to apply it and because it's so dry, I wouldn't use it without moisturiser and the right primer. I found velvety finish primers like Benefit POREfessional didn't work well with it, but that might just be my skin. I use the lightest warm tone - 1W1 Bone and it's a good match. The packaging is horrid, but I have repurchased and probably will again. Prefer not to use it for everyday foundation but it's perfect for a full glam look.

I really do love this foundation albeit pricey $$$. Worth it though. It's awesome to find a foundation that really allows you to build layers--provides me with both light and thicker coverage. A little goes a longgggg way. I've got a pretty pink/red cherry face naturally and this really camouflages all that

I do find the product dries fast so I apply it with a damp beauty blender sponge to my face. Having double-whammy combo skin, I get pretty oily in my t-zone and this foundation holds up pretty well against that, even without using a primer. So that gives it more brownie points

I do kind of hate that it doesn't have a pump top. Mostly because I'm half asleep when applying this in the morning and I end up pouring a monstrous amount onto my hand

My HG product. I continually try to find an alternative, and something to replace it - but I always go back to wearing Double Wear. (Colorstay is NOT a dupe in my opinion)

This foundation is full coverage, but I have found that it wears more on the medium side for me. I will do do a full face and then go back over any problem areas (mainly the chin and lower cheeks). It dries to a matte coverage, and refuses to budge (I live in Southern Louisiana)

My recommendation is to get color matched on this foundation. Thankfully, there are a ton of shades, but the wrong color can make you look like you're wearing a mask.

Highly recommend this foundation for girls looking for a matte, long-wearing, full-coverage foundation.

This is my HG foundation. It covers so well and stays in place all day, I'm talking 8+ hours.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This foundation is really great! I have tried a range of different foundations, but no other foundation can beat this one's staying power, coverage and appearance, and it doesn't transfer! I can go more or less the entire day without the foundation changing its appearance (I usually get shiny in the T-zone after some hours with most other foundations) and it doesn't budge at all if I touch my face. It has a full coverage, and it works well even if my skin is a bit dry in some areas – it simply makes my skin looks smooth no matter what. I use it with a Beauty Blender, which gives a more natural look than if I use my fingers (I have not tried it with a foundation brush). A little product goes a long way.

It can feel a bit heavy and can be a bit hard to remove, so it's not an everyday foundation for me. But it's great to have on hand for special occasions, for example if I know I am doing something in the evening, or it is very humid or rainy outside. I always feel safe with this foundation on, and I don't need any touch-ups!

The only possible drawback is that it's a pouring bottle – it doesn't have a pump. But I know that you can buy a pump from a different brand and put it on this bottle. Personally I don't mind it being without a pump, I just pour a bit in my palm and dab the Beauty Blender in it.

The bottle is pretty with the gold cap – I always appreciate a sense of luxury when spending a lot of money on a product.

I'm still trying out different shades to find the best match for my fair (NC15) olive-toned skin.

on 11/19/2016 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG foundation! I've been using this for years and it's never let me down. It stays on my face all day, and it breaks my heart at 10pm at night when it still looks flawless and I have to take it all off :(
When my skin changed In my early 20's due to pregnancy, it still stayed on my oily, slick breakout skin and hid the shine really well which was unbelievable cause my skin was super sensitive and red raw from my usual exfoliators no longer working on my post pregnancy skin.
Now that I use all the right skin care products and my skin's oil is completely under control, it just looks stunning and natural and has a glow that it gives my skin which I've never seen with makeup ever before.
I dot it all over my face from the bottle with clean fingers and use a beauty blender to blend it into my skin over the top of my concealer and primer. I then use a pressed power over the top to seal it and I don't re apply ever!! I use a micellar water makeup remover with a cotton pad to remove it and it comes off to easily in one wipe.
It looks matte and makes my skin look poreless and smooth.
The price is rough at $52 a bottle from Myer in Australia but a 30ml bottle literally lasts me a whole year because I only wear makeup twice a week as I run a business from my home so it's worth it for me.

on 11/10/2016 2:23:00 AM

Prep your skin correctly and use a damp beauty blender and you'll have a natural, long wearing foundation all day! This stuff seriously doesn't budge and I don't even wear primer. Only downfall is the packaging can get a little messy.

My favourite ever foundation, tried others and always switched back to this one. Was my saviour when I had severe acne. Amazing coverage and lasts for ages only down side is that it feels heavy on the skin and needs a pump on the bottle!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My hg foundation for high end products! Stays on all day and shows no signs of fading compared to other foundations. Love it and will repurchase even it's over my budget.

on 10/21/2016 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Very torn on this one. I have difficult skin. I'm 38, my skin is very combination, oily t-zone, normal/dry cheeks, hormonal acne, large pores on my nose especially and dehydration issues. Pale with strong yellow/olive undertones overall, but quite a bit of facial redness/pinkness. I have yet to find a foundation that never settles in pores, separates and goes patchy on the nose, leaving me with yellow polkadots on a pink nose. It's like my face rejects make-up, to misquote someone on RuPaul's Drag Race.

Double Wear really works sometimes, better than most other foundations I've tried in recent years. It's only great if I have a good make-up day and apply very carefully, though; pat primer into pores to fill them, apply DW very carefully in thin layers, preferably mixed with a bit of moisturizer for slip (La Roche-Posay's Cicaplast works well for this) and blend with a beauty blender. It's never foolproof, though, and I would like a foundation that feels reliable. That's probably more to do with my skin than Double Wear, but it still means I'll probably try something else when I run out, just in case there is a foundation out there that actually is.

That said, I would definitely recommend this for someone with a more normal/oily skin type who wants a long-lasting, matte foundation that gives a nice, "done" sort of look. It does look great, hold up and perform very well on my oily forehead, normal cheeks and other less troublesome parts of my face.