Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 4/24/2017 4:37:00 AM

I love this stuff, great coverage and long wear. Always repurchase

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Only foundation that works for my combination oily skin, it is amazing coverage with a huge variety of shades. A little expensive but one bottle lasts a long time.

I bought this product after reading a ton of reviews with people who make this their go-to. My first application wasn't exactly life changing or anything but I kept trying with different application methods mentioned on various tutorials. I used primer, no primer, exfoliated before and moisturized. I used a beauty blender, various different brushes and after all that I'm just left thinking Meh.

For me I felt like it aged my skin and sucked the life out of my complexion. Maybe I'm just not a full face matte person. I can't deny it covered everything pretty well but it got to the point where I'd rather show a zit than have such a dull complexion. In my experience it settled into lines and pores. I work 12 hr shifts and even if the coverage was still there my skin just looked worse and worse as the shift went on.

I still have half the bottle and will retry in the summer when my skin isn't as dry.

on 3/10/2017 3:13:00 AM

When I was on vacation in Thailand, I went to Central Festival wich was like makeup heaven.
All the brands I can not buy in the Netherlands, and such a colour range which varied from very light to dark.
As I am extremely pale the Double wear is only sold in a shade too dark for me in the Netherlands, in Thailand I found 1w1 which is a great match. (comparable to Bourjois healthy mix in color 51)

First of all, the packaging.. There is no pump, only a big hole which makes it hard to get a small amount of product out of the bottle. The package looks chic but isn't usefull. Another thing I don't like is the smell. Like MAC, Estee Lauder Double wear got this same chemic smell. I know perfumes are no good to your skin but I love the way Bourjois Healthy mix smells like fruits. :)

The coverage of this foundation is extremely good, it is a thin liquid substance. Not a creamy formula more 'chalky'. I apply it with my beautyblender which give me a nice even finish. Not cakey at all, but it does emphasize the wrinkles around my eyes and when you use this foundation, don't forget to give your face a bit more dimension using a bronzer/blush, otherwise you'll look like a little porcelain doll :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love that it covers beautifully and stays put all day, I also love the yellow undertone. However, I do find that it's a bit too obvious on the face, it leaves a bit of a powdery finish. So I mix this with a liquid highlighter and apply it with a damp beauty blender. This way the result is more natural but still allows for a high coverage.

I would advice to thoroughly cleanse the skin after wearing this foundation. After my initial purchase and after wearing this foundation undiluted and without primer for a few days I noticed some skin irritation. With a primer underneath this doesn't seem to happen.

Great foundation, will repurchase for long days when a perfect make-up look is required.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. I have very oily skin and this stuff really stays in place. I use it with Mac Pro blot powder and they staying power triples. I have yet to use this in the summer, but I'm sure it will stay put through sweat as well and it stays put through my oil. The color variations are great, if you go to the EL makeup counter they have a little digital reader that can read your skin and tell you what shade you are. That's what I did and got a perfect match. The only thing with this product though is it seems to dry my skin out a little, but I also use proactiv daily which is also drying so it could be chalked up to that. But I got a free sample of the night recovery complex with my foundation purchase and that stuff really works well for moisturizing oily skin, it soaks right in and doesn't leave any residue. Another great thing about this foundation is it doesn't break me out, at all. Great stuff!!

on 2/28/2017 4:49:00 AM

I love this foundation so much, it kills me that I won't re purchase this foundation due to the fact the flash back in photos is absolutely horrible !!! I look like a ghost in photos ! I love the way it looks on my face it's a shame that it doesn't look good in flash photos.

on 2/28/2017 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This stuff has the consistency and smells very strongly of paint, if you need FULL coverage and don't mind a cakey feeling then it would be okay for you, but not for me. I have normal- dry skin, this foundation brings out every tiny patch of dryness I didn't even know I had, and it clings to the tiny hairs on my face making my overall skin look like it has a very strange and unpleasant texture. I mix a little in with my favourite foundations when I want a little extra coverage, then it's not so bad but I just do that to try and use it up!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used to see this foundation as my holy grail - full coverage for my acne and scarring and lasted pretty much all day. I re bought this for around 3 years....

So why the low review?
As I have had bad skin for around 8 years I decided to take some action by going to dermatologist. She took one look at my face (without make up.... eeekk!) and said "you wear double wear and if you continue I will not help you". Apparently double wear contains the worst ingredients possible and since stopping wearing it 5 weeks ago I've has zero break outs.

please, if you have bad/acne prone skin and use this... give your skin a break from it and you'll notice a difference.

I was super excited to try this foundation after all the awesome reviews. My first impression was the smell. It literally smells like paint, and it claims the foundation is unscented. I also felt like the foundation was extremely difficult to work with, it seems to dry very fast before you have time to blend it in. It also seems to be very heavy and cakey if you dot it on, you need to either apply with a brush or a sponge NOT with your fingers or directly on your face. The coverage I got wasn't worth the effort of applying this makeup. I felt pretty good leaving the house after I finally figured out how to apply it, but then while I was in the restroom at the restaurant in different lighting, it seemed to be really heavy and cakey on my skin, accentuating every single line or dry patch. I think this would be a good foundation for someone with really oily smooth skin or a few blemishes, but not for someone with combo skin and dry patches, large pores or any texture issues. It definitely accentuates them, but I guess that could be said for any full coverage foundation. I guess my skin just likes BB creams better. ALSO, PLEASE give this foundation a pump!! Dumping it out all over your hand just wastes product and is not hygenic.