Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

This make-up is frustrating. It has a gorgeous finish, it can be sheered to nothing, beautiful coverage, great colours, looong lasting and wears off beautifully. But it's SO congesting. The best part is that it's perfect for oily/acne skin, but I feel that the reason it works so well is what seems to cause the problems. Bad, bad congestion and breakouts, hard to clean out of the pores. I'm not saying don't use, but don't use it regularly and steam your damn face afterwards!!

on 7/12/2017 12:39:00 PM

I've probably tried every high-end foundation on the market, and poured hundreds of dollars down the drain, only to keep coming back to this baby. This is truly my HG, and every time I cheat on it to try the latest and greatest thing, I learn my lesson and come crawling back. It's the only foundation that offers me full coverage without a sticky finish (looking at you, Kat Von D Lock-it foundation), keeps my oily nose in control, doesn't oxidize pink or orange on me, and most importantly, LASTS all day. I have a busy job and work long hours, often with no time to look in the mirror and touch things up. There's nothing worse than trying out a new foundation that is melting off my skin 3 hours in, without being able to fix it. This foundation, however, is a true workhorse for me and never lets me down. It's the only one I can truly rely on, and trust me, I've tried them all. And, out of all of the foundations I've ever tried (high-end and drug store) this is the only one that I've ever purchased more than once.

My only complaint about this foundation is the lack of a pump. To me, there's no reason why it's 2017 and they still haven't added a pump to this. However, I've found that the pump from my discarded smashbox studio skin (another fail) fits it perfectly.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is popular and for a good reason. It really does last for 16+ hours on the skin. Once on it does not move l and stays flawless throughout the day/evening.

The shade range is amazing so finding a shade to match should not be a problem. I'd advise getting arched at the counter just because there are that many shades!!

It is a heavier coverage foundation so it's not for everyone. It is sweat proof in that I've worn in in high 30/40 degrees C temperatures and its stayed put. I've heard of people using it in the gym too. I'v never worn make up at the gym but I reckon double wear would withstand a gym class!

The only slightly negative point which lost a point from me in the packaging category is that is doesn't have a pump. It's that thick, it could probably clog up a pump. Instead I pour a little on the back of my hand or finger, dot some on my face then use a brush or damp beauty sponge to apply and blend. It is easy to go too far and pour loads out and waste it.

It is a best selling foundation for a reason though. The coverage is amazing. It is suitable or a range of skin types and shades and it does stay put all day. On dry akin types, load up on your moiaturiser as it can be a little drying. It doesn't cling to dry patches though.

I have bought this over and over again and will continue to do so until I find something better.

on 7/8/2017 11:45:00 PM

Absolutely love this product. It's one of my all time favourites but I need to use a foundation brush. I don't like it with a blending sponge for some reason. I need to make sure I'm well moisturised before and I use a primer and a light powder over the top. I'm either cool bone or ecru depending on the time of year but one of the sales people introduced me to ivory beige for a night out and bizarrely I love it. Apparently lots of people get it and it's not their normal colour. I understand now.

on 6/7/2017 2:07:00 PM

I love this foundation does what it says lasts the full day I have tried many other foundations some not so great for my oily combo skin and other ok foundations this one is my number one choice, only thing is make sure you remove all of it from your face properly, lovely flawless coverage

on 6/4/2017 4:55:00 AM

I think this is the closest I've come to my "holy grail" foundation. To deal with issues with pigmentation/acne scarring/redness, I have tried multiple foundations ranging from dewy to matte, medium to full coverage and this is probably my favourite foundation I've come across. I had always overlooked Estee Lauder in the past and gone for more youthful/stylish high end brands but I'm so glad I tried this one.

For me, I love the durability as I work 12 hour shifts as a nurse and the last thing I want to worry about is that my makeup is slipping off my face or transferring throughout the day. I often get people commenting on how 'fresh' I look even after a night shift which I have Double Wear to thank for! Honestly, it doesn't budge.

I agree that it can get cakey (can't all full coverage, long wear foundations?) but I have combination/dry skin and have found the most effective way to combat this is to apply with a damp beauty blender. I only set with the Double Wear powder if I really need a full finish. As I typically prefer a more "glow-ey" look (but wanted the benefit of a full coverage and long wearing foundation which I just couldn't find with a dewy product), I use an illuminating primer (Mecca 'Lit From Within' Primer for any Australians!) and finished with the Cover FX Illuminating Setting Spray.

As everybody else has mentioned, the packaging is less than ideal and would benefit from a pump but that's my only complaint! I also think that by Australian standards, the pricing is extremely reasonable- I've spent $100 on foundations I've liked far less.

on 5/30/2017 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love my double wear. I have been wearing it for years. Nothing compares to the coverage and finish. I am a nurse & it lasts throughout long hospital shifts. Love it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

LISTEN UP! This stuff is for REAL! It is NOT for the faint-hearted! I'm sick of people whinging that it's 'very dry' 'impossible to apply' and 'cakey' because a foundation that literally stays on for like 24 hours is always going to be a tumultuous ride if you ask me. It really is a case of trading off a little bit of your comfort for flawless looking skin for a long period of time.

I swear by this for activities including: going clubbing for 6 hours, working a 16 hour shift, going for a run ..probably a triathlon although I haven't done it.

What I'm trying to convey here is that this sh*t doesn't go anywhere, you need to apply it with a WET sponge for the best application, if you use a brush it's too thick and can become cakey. Also, you can use it very sparingly if you don't need that extreme coverage that a thicker application does provide.

It could definitely do with a pump lid rather than just a screw on one.. but if that would drive the price up then I would rather battle it out without one as it's fairly pricey. (Although there are other similar options that charge a lot more IMO)

I will continue to use this product because it means I basically never have to touch up my makeup when I'm out and about, and I don't have to worry about it (ain't nobody got time for that)

on 5/24/2017 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got a two samples of this foundation; the lightest in the warm and cool range. Both were INCREDIBLY dark!!! I am quite pale but I wouldn't say I'm extremely pale, Im between a mac NC10 and NC15 . I decided to brave it and try the formula anyway because I figured if the formula was great I could just buy lightening drops from nyx or somewhere else. The formula feels so dry and cakey and it looked like a mask on my face. I was excited as it's meant to be good coverage but it was medium at best and you could still see some acne scars through the dry cakey mask.
For anyone who's looking for a medium coverage foundation that actually looks like skin I'd really recommend the YSL touche eclat foundation over this; it doesn't cover all my acne scars with one layer but when you layer a but more or use concealer it looks perfect and it's totally breathable and just way better than this.
Honestly disappointed.

On my 5th bottle of this, it's my favourite. My colour is shell when I'm fair and fresco when I'm tanned. Double wear has good staying power, is sweat proof, full coverage and doesn't settle noticeable into fine lines. This contains spf 15 but in photographs it doesn't flash back. It has an almost chocolatey scent. Downside is no pump so I buy one from mac.