Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

LISTEN UP! This stuff is for REAL! It is NOT for the faint-hearted! I'm sick of people whinging that it's 'very dry' 'impossible to apply' and 'cakey' because a foundation that literally stays on for like 24 hours is always going to be a tumultuous ride if you ask me. It really is a case of trading off a little bit of your comfort for flawless looking skin for a long period of time.

I swear by this for activities including: going clubbing for 6 hours, working a 16 hour shift, going for a run ..probably a triathlon although I haven't done it.

What I'm trying to convey here is that this sh*t doesn't go anywhere, you need to apply it with a WET sponge for the best application, if you use a brush it's too thick and can become cakey. Also, you can use it very sparingly if you don't need that extreme coverage that a thicker application does provide.

It could definitely do with a pump lid rather than just a screw on one.. but if that would drive the price up then I would rather battle it out without one as it's fairly pricey. (Although there are other similar options that charge a lot more IMO)

I will continue to use this product because it means I basically never have to touch up my makeup when I'm out and about, and I don't have to worry about it (ain't nobody got time for that)

on 5/24/2017 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got a two samples of this foundation; the lightest in the warm and cool range. Both were INCREDIBLY dark!!! I am quite pale but I wouldn't say I'm extremely pale, Im between a mac NC10 and NC15 . I decided to brave it and try the formula anyway because I figured if the formula was great I could just buy lightening drops from nyx or somewhere else. The formula feels so dry and cakey and it looked like a mask on my face. I was excited as it's meant to be good coverage but it was medium at best and you could still see some acne scars through the dry cakey mask.
For anyone who's looking for a medium coverage foundation that actually looks like skin I'd really recommend the YSL touche eclat foundation over this; it doesn't cover all my acne scars with one layer but when you layer a but more or use concealer it looks perfect and it's totally breathable and just way better than this.
Honestly disappointed.

On my 5th bottle of this, it's my favourite. My colour is shell when I'm fair and fresco when I'm tanned. Double wear has good staying power, is sweat proof, full coverage and doesn't settle noticeable into fine lines. This contains spf 15 but in photographs it doesn't flash back. It has an almost chocolatey scent. Downside is no pump so I buy one from mac.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've tried so hard to like this and no matter what I can't get it to work. I've tried two colors one was a neutral - Desert Beige and the other was a "cooler" toned but darker - Dawn. Dawn was a better match but I still felt it was a tad too dark. Aside from the off color of it, I find this foundation literally just sits on top of my face and makes my pores, texture and lines stand out so much. I've tried applying it with a sponge and a brush, different primers and different powders and I still can't get it to look good on me! I will say it does last and controls oil, but I feel like it looks so terrible up close - I just can't wear it.

on 5/9/2017 6:02:00 AM

This has to be the most industrial strength foundation I've ever put on my face! I have fair combination skin with a moderately shiny T-zone. The lovely lady at the Lauder counter expertly colour matched me and she did a great job, so no complaints on service or the colour. The colour range is amazing, so it should suit many skin tones. The texture of the foundation is nice, a creamy liquid and it applies well, dries very quickly, but this is where the positivity stopped for me. It just looked like a mask on my face and that was with one light layer. Very matte, with no luminosity and I couldn't see my real skin at all. I could also feel the product once dried and it has an unusual smell. Not unpleasant I don't think, but certainly not fragrance free. It took a lot to remove as it practically stuck on my skin. This stuff wasn't going anywhere!! I am used to lighter liquid foundations that are semi-matte to matte as well, but that still manage to make you look natural and a little luminous (but not shiny!). Basically products that make your skin look perfected naturally. So on that basis and from my own experience with this one, I think this would suit someone wanting a med-full coverage, very matte finish, a look where its obvious you're wearing makeup and something that just won't budge no matter what. It must work for lots out there due to the reviews, but it's not for me!

Love it. Nice consistency a little goes a long way. Hate the packaging would prefer a squirty bottle but its still a great product. Considering I use it everyday its a little expensive but a great product.

on 5/6/2017 12:52:00 AM

I have terrible dry/acne covered skin and this works well covering up my messy skin and not drying it out, BUT... I feel like it doesn't need to be so darn thick. If I apply as is, it looks like wet acrylic paint is on my face. I water it down a bit with some illuminating primer or strobe cream and it gives the incredible coverage. A little goes a long way. The reason I'm giving it 4 stars is because of the packing. You have to pour it out. It gets everywhere and it collects under the cap (such a waste!).

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I gave this a 5/5, because it does what it claims. I can NOT wear this whatsoever in the winter time, when I need something like MUFE face and body or Armani Maestro Glow (the one that's mostly oil based.). However, ladies if you are looking for a foundation that will not budge on humid summer days - and nights ;) - then this is it. My skin is dry, but I use Argan Oil every single morning so it doesn't dry me out in the summer. It almost feels like a clay mask when applying but my face feels like I'm wearing nothing once it dries. I noticed how light this felt in contrast to other foundations after applying a MAC full coverage foundation the next day, where I could literally feel my makeup trying to slip off.

And the rumors are true, this foundation does make skin appear airbrushed. I use 4c but I need to buy one cool shade lighter to mix for the right shade when i'm less tan. Worth it. But again, this is a summer staple for this dry skinned gal, unfortunately, and it is so drying in the winter on my skin.

This did NOT do the job for me. After only 30 minutes the foundations sat i my mimic lines (not wrinkles but the places where my face moves naturally) I'm really sad cause I've heard so many nice things about this product and I was really expecting my new go-to foundation. I did not use any primer under the foundation since I read it was best without. But yeah.. not a foundation for me at least :(

on 4/24/2017 4:37:00 AM

I love this stuff, great coverage and long wear. Always repurchase