Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

12/2012 REFORMULATION

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Color selection amazing coverage amazing yes i we'll recommend needs new application funtion

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this foundation! I apply only one layer with a moistened beauty blender and it looks great! I prefer higher coverage with my foundations because I have dark marks and sometimes redness, and I'd say one layer of this gives good medium coverage and it's easily build-able if you need a bit more. I've never broken out from this foundation which is a big thing I always look for since I'm a very busy full-time college student who also works and I often come home so exhausted that I forget to take my makeup off until the following morning (AWFUL I know). With that said I have to add THIS STUFF LASTS!! It really is "stay-in-place" as the label says because it's not going anywhere!! I spend all day running errands, going to class, etc. and I'm always sweating like crazy but this foundation can handle it all!

I have to add something that's super important, however, and that's about how this isn't very moisturizing. I have dry skin and typically would run away from a foundation better built for oily skin types however I recently started moisturizing with vegetable glycerin (HIGHLY RECOMMEND FOR ANYONE WITH DRY SKIN, it's natural, it's cheap, only has one ingredient, and the tiniest dot keeps your face soft and buttery for ages. Also, definitely an awesome addition to your night routine) so this is no longer an issue for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought shade 4N1 for summer. I already use tanning bed so it is only a bit darker than my skin but it blends perfectly. It is little cakey for my taste when I apply it but since I am extremly oily it become dewy and it is amazing. Looks very natural on me. I use small amount and I see it will last forever. I notice main diffrence between cheap and expensive foundation- cheap ones I bought every month since I use bigger amount so with pricey foundation I save money. I can't imagine someone with dry skin using double wear. I think it is perfect for oily and very oily skin. I wear it now for 8 hours and my skin looks amazing. I am not oily which is miracle, I have natural dewy perfect skin. Only complain is bottle without pump. It is such shame.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been on the hunt for a med to full coverage foundation. This didn't come to mind intial. I tried MUFE ,Nars Sheer Glow, Mac Pro Longwear and Tarte Amazonian clay recently but didn't love any of them accept MPL. After reading so many rave reviews I figured it was time to give DW a try. I just applied it for the 1rst time and I gotta say.....I'm totally impressed with it!! Absolutely flawless coverage without a heavy look and feel. Only one application was all I needed. It didnt make my skin a flat mat, more of a demi mat, satin finish. There's still a translucency to my skin which I want, but didnt except to get from this formula. I applied it over Mac Strobe cream with a Sigma f80 flat kabuki. I'm nc25 so Sand is perfect for me and has a nice olive yellow undertone, not orange as Mac Pro Longwear is. As far as wear time, I can't say at this point, but assuming will be great. If you haven't tried it yet I would do so.

on 4/16/2017 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The curious creature that I am I had to find out more about this foundation as everyone seemed to rave about it. I was my usual sceptical self. I managed to buy a couple of mls off EBAY to give it a test. I was pleasantly surprised!
I found the perfect shade for my pale olive complexion and a foundation that doesnt slide off my skin after an hour or two. Its easy to apply but dont hang about as it "sets" quite quickly! I might be on the wrong side of 40 but I still have super oily skin. Im told to be thankful for it as it means I have hardly any lines but it is still a major pain when it comes to my makeup lasting the day.
Im not the sort of woman who will keep peering at herself through the day to check or tweek my makeup. This foundation had to perform and still be intact by the early evening. Miracles of miracles it did indeed succeed.
Ive been using it for a year or so and Im pleased it is still doing the business.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I will always use double-wear. It did take me a bit to get the hang of making it look natural, but after that brief blip it has become my holy grail makeup product. MY SKIN: dry, acne, acne scars, a LOT of redness. I make this look natural by using the Too Faced Hangover primer (another complete holy grail) after a moisturizer, and the sigma 3DHD Kabuki brush. This foundation covers all my redness, (I don't even need a concealer) is a thin enough consistency that if your skin is hydrated it will look natural, and stays put all day.
If you have trouble making this look natural, i highly recommend exfoliating, using a primer/moisturizer that is more hydrating than you think it needs to be, and using a kabuki brush to apply. A little goes a long way so even though I'm a broke student, the price doesn't bother me. I get about 4-5 months out of each bottle, which is perfect for when the seasons change and I need a different shade.

Also I have dropped this bottle on a tile floor and it didn't shatter.

Before this i used the Beyond Perfecting foundation from Clinique. I loved the coverage of that foundation but my face got way too shiny. So i was looking for another foundation that gives me a matte finish and a high coverage. The coverage of this foundation is good, but you can still see some dark spots so i have to cover them up with something else. My face keeps matte all day with this foundation so that's a big pro for me. A con is that it is a bit pricey and there is no pump applicator so it's hard to get the right amount of product, so i had to buy a foundation pump from MAC.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used to see this foundation as my holy grail - full coverage for my acne and scarring and lasted pretty much all day. I re bought this for around 3 years....

So why the low review?
As I have had bad skin for around 8 years I decided to take some action by going to dermatologist. She took one look at my face (without make up.... eeekk!) and said "you wear double wear and if you continue I will not help you". Apparently double wear contains the worst ingredients possible and since stopping wearing it 5 weeks ago I've has zero break outs.

please, if you have bad/acne prone skin and use this... give your skin a break from it and you'll notice a difference.

on 1/11/2017 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

SO glad I finally bit the bullet and gave this foundation a go! I've been a die hard Mac user for around ten years and was nervous to stray from it, however after constantly hearing about how amazing this foundation is, I decided to take the plunge.

I suffered from acne when I was younger, and am now left with hyper-pigmentation marks which are the bane of my life! This is such amazing coverage that I barely needed concealer! I now finally have the confidence to go out without feeling paranoid about my scars.

I am still super nervous about developing spots so was worried this could cause me to break out, however two weeks in and I've seen no difference to my skin. Win!

It really does stay on all day as well, I work in an air-conditioned office so usually touch my foundation up at lunch time but with this I don't have to do a thing!

For colour reference, I use NC25 in Mac studio fix and C3 in Mac face and body and use shade 'Dawn' in EL Double Wear.

Forget Mac, I am now fully converted to this. It is around £10 more than Mac studio fix but because you end up using far less, it's actually around the same!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Love this foundation!! It is great for oily skin and even though I have acne prone skin, it has never broken me out. I have used it since 2014. It starts to look kinda worn off or melted in like 8-9 hours, but it's not bad in terms of staying power

It is a thicker consistency and should be used with a brush or sponge, as the fingers would look less natural