Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 1/11/2017 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

SO glad I finally bit the bullet and gave this foundation a go! I've been a die hard Mac user for around ten years and was nervous to stray from it, however after constantly hearing about how amazing this foundation is, I decided to take the plunge.

I suffered from acne when I was younger, and am now left with hyper-pigmentation marks which are the bane of my life! This is such amazing coverage that I barely needed concealer! I now finally have the confidence to go out without feeling paranoid about my scars.

I am still super nervous about developing spots so was worried this could cause me to break out, however two weeks in and I've seen no difference to my skin. Win!

It really does stay on all day as well, I work in an air-conditioned office so usually touch my foundation up at lunch time but with this I don't have to do a thing!

For colour reference, I use NC25 in Mac studio fix and C3 in Mac face and body and use shade 'Dawn' in EL Double Wear.

Forget Mac, I am now fully converted to this. It is around £10 more than Mac studio fix but because you end up using far less, it's actually around the same!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Love this foundation!! It is great for oily skin and even though I have acne prone skin, it has never broken me out. I have used it since 2014. It starts to look kinda worn off or melted in like 8-9 hours, but it's not bad in terms of staying power

It is a thicker consistency and should be used with a brush or sponge, as the fingers would look less natural

on 1/5/2017 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have a love/hate with this but it is a staple in my foundation arsenal. I'm NC25 in Mac Pro Longwear and I have this in 2W1 (dawn) and 2N1 (desert beige). I reach for the 2W1 more. It is a very good long wearing foundation especially for those with oily skin like me. It will break apart on my nose late in the day but looks fine on the rest of my face. Less is more and a little goes a long way! Make sure to cleanse well to get it off. Additionally make sure to exfoliate and moisturize before application. Overall it is an excellent foundation.

My HG product. I continually try to find an alternative, and something to replace it - but I always go back to wearing Double Wear. (Colorstay is NOT a dupe in my opinion)

This foundation is full coverage, but I have found that it wears more on the medium side for me. I will do do a full face and then go back over any problem areas (mainly the chin and lower cheeks). It dries to a matte coverage, and refuses to budge (I live in Southern Louisiana)

My recommendation is to get color matched on this foundation. Thankfully, there are a ton of shades, but the wrong color can make you look like you're wearing a mask.

Highly recommend this foundation for girls looking for a matte, long-wearing, full-coverage foundation.

on 12/20/2016 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After so long since i last shopped for foundation I finally got my hands on this! Didnt regret purchasing this one. I must say this beats my MAC prolongwear foundation. The E.L's promoter matched my shade using this particular detector and test it out with another shade to compare, and the shade detected was the one that matches me perfectly!
I applied it using my beauty blender and it's FLAWLESS. Don't really need much touch ups during the day except for my nose and forehead which is something i can't help. But last me throughout the day despite how busy I am with long working hours. Found my new favourite already that suits my skin perfectly. Got to try applying it with a brush someday and see how it looks like! The only thing that i do not like is the packaging; the product is kinda runny so it makes it a little messy when you wanna pour it.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Working two jobs, sitting in an office with a phone constantly on my face, then working at an extremely high volume restaurant, this is by far my most favorite liquid I have ever used. I have extremely oily skin. Full, flawless coverage. I use the shade Tawny. I apply it with my beauty blender, or my BH cosmetics liquid brush. Seamless. I get so many compliments. Usually, after a few hours, I could take the back of my hand and wipe my liquid right off.

My second placer HG. I really love this because I feel that eventhough the pigment is all gone, you still have coverage. My face still looks flawless from day to night. the difference between this and my Mac prolong waterproof is, the Mac one sinks into my skin showing my natural skin but still covers well. Estee, on the other hand, creates a second skin. But I tell you, Estee holds longer than the Mac one.

on 11/27/2016 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after seeing the hype about it. This has great coverage and lasting power; however, the foundation makes me break out. I thoroughly remove all my makeup at the end of the day using the double cleanse method so the breakouts were not due to the poor makeup removal but the foundation. I wanted to love it but it didn't work out. I wouldn't repurchase and caution those with sensitive and acne prone skin to beware.

on 11/27/2016 12:27:00 AM

I think this is a essential staple for the oily skin users out there!

A bit of background info: oily combo skin type, slightly sensitive skin user and blemish / acne prone. I prefer wearing full faced makeup, and i live in humid conditions ranging about 91.3°F on an average day.

I got a sample of this foundation and was matched to shade 3w1 tawny. Pls bear in mind I have never tried the old formula one before hence unable to make the comparison!

Other shade comparisons:
- MAC pro longwear NC35
- Inglot cream foundation shade 24

Pros:
+ medium to full coverage
+ buildable coverage
+ does not look cakey on the skin
+ great for photos, no flashback
+ longevity is quite lasting for my preference
+ shade matches my skin quite well
+ packaging feels luxurious, high end

Cons:
- full sized version does not come with a pump
- price tag

Application wise, I prefer applying the product first using a flat foundation brush and "paint" on my face before blending it out with my beautyblender. I find it that it gives a more airbrushed flawless finish and able to conceal my blemishes as well. Coverage wise is very buildable, but i find that just one layer is good enough for me.

The product does set quite fast so make sure you blend it out fast enough.

I wore this foundation for a dinner and dance event and it makes my skin look SO GOOD in photos. No flashback at all, and it looked just like my skin but even better.

I have oily combo skin, so i realised my t zone started getting slightly shiny after 5-6 hours. In my opinion i think this is a product that requires touch ups, but if you're not particular about that I don't think it'll be a problem for you.

What I'm more impressed about is that the foundation stayed put and did not slide off my skin after taking so many photos and running around the ballroom! I could still see my blush, my contour very well and I thought my skin looked more radiant and glowing instead of looking like an oil slick.

I finished my sample and I think i will purchase the full sized version, even though I'm disappointed that it does not come with a pump because i know it will get very messy during application!

However, based on the formula alone, i would rate it an 8/10 because i'm quite impressed by the results and does lives up to its claims. Minus 2 points for its price tag and my desire to have a pump! I think I will still go out there and make the purchase because i think it will soon be my HG.

Hope this helps some of you out there!

on 11/18/2016 4:42:00 PM

Super full coverage, doesn't wear (although never worn without UD All Nighter Setting Spray) and covers all imperfections - I have breakouts on forehead and chin regular - usually using concealer to highlight areas.
This is so thick so it goes go cakey, and I've found it sets into the fine lines under my eyes. Other than that I love this product - my shade is Ecru.
This is the second high-end foundation I have bought, other being UD All Nighter foundation which oxidises horribly.