Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

on 11/19/2017 3:39:00 PM

Because of FINALLY being able to find this at my local ulta, I'm planning to go back and return all my other foundations for store credit because this foundation blew me away! I wore it for the first time on a very busy day at work, where at some points I'd feel my face sweating and I'd get worried that my face would start melting...not a bit! This even helps with creasing and fine lines, it doesn't eliminate them but it does keep them from settling in and cracking. I blend this using my it cosmetics airbrush #101 and it covers my terrible redness, discoloration and irritated looking pimples like a charm. The finish I love! I don't even want to set it with powder because it's a soft dewy/semi matte for me. It is pretty good about not coming off, where other foundations it would end up all over my phone screen, this one barely rubbed off. Packaging isn't great, no pump or anything special. I'm hoping and praying it doesn't break me out because I'm just so ecstatic about how it works for me!!

on 11/18/2017 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This makes me break out...at first I figured it must be because I didn’t take off my makeup at night before (sometimes I do tend to get lazy) but even when I do take off my makeup at night, I’d notice the next day, a cystic acne would start to appear! Also, it does oxidise. And I’m not a fan of high coverage foundation even though I have blemishes. I prefer to put on light-medium coverage foundation that looks like skin to even out my skin tone and I put on Laura Mercier concealer to cover my acne spots. I stopped using this after a few usage and will definitely not repurchase this.

on 10/30/2017 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is hands down my HG, all time favorite foundation. I have really oily, sensitive skin and most of the foundations I have tried over the years had poor lasting power and oil control (by the end of the day I'd look a total mess). This stuff is amazing, I have been using it for about 3 years now and never looked back. My makeup still looks fresh 10 hours later.

PRO's:
- lasting power is amazing, it really does stay in place all day through sweat, heat and humidity.
- mattifying; there's no need to blot or even use a setting powder.
- does not transfer
- excellent coverage

CON's:
- could not find a perfect shade match (I have yellow undertones and use the shade "tawny" which is slightly pink; I was matched by the SA)
- every time I buy a new bottle I find that the price has gone up, its now roughly $42 (US).

TIPS: Be careful of what setting powder you use as the wrong one can make this look cakey. Also use a thin layer of foundation as too much can look cakey as well.

I give this 4 lippies instead of 5 because it's starting to get really pricey, but all in all it is a great foundation.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I have normal-combo skin that has some mild discolouration. I prefer full coverage foundations because I think my skin lacks radiance, and I love the look full coverage gives me. I also have an issue with makeup not lasting throughout the day. This looks as good as when you first applied it after a long day. It has that matte, quick dry quality to it that makes it stick - but you can still blend it comfortably while applying. I would say the finish is natural satin-matte. I use a beauty blender and don't use too much product. I'm NC25-30 2W2 Rattan is a perfect match, have also used 3N1 Beige Ivory and 3W1 Tawny as well and they were an ok match.

on 9/13/2017 10:24:00 PM

I can't live without this foundation!!!

on 9/1/2017 12:57:00 PM

I have combination more on the dry side, textured skin. I was really excited about this product because on youtube it was hyped up a bit by beauty gurus but one thing I noticed is that a lot of these beauty gurus already have good skin, so the foundation looks amazing. For me it accentuated ALL imperfections. Texture, dry patches and basically looked very very cakey and dry. My skin definitely looks better without it. It kind of made my skin look worse. I'm sure it's a great product for those that don't have too many skin bumps, dry patches and are more on the oily side. But if you have dry patches, texture - I wouldn't suggest buying it. And it sucks 'cause I wasted 45 bucks..

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My holy grail foundation! The best for coverage and for combination/oily skin!

Personally, I don't think this feels heavy at all.
Good coverage bur sinks into my pores if I don't wear a primer.

Get with the program EL! This needs a freaking pump!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great coverage. It's expensive but it's the only foundation that won't break me out. My skin is pretty oily and break out easily.

Short Review about the Foundation (About 3min) with all the information that you need, no shit chat, no talking about cats and dogs... just facts and the foundation enjoy! :)