Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

4.1

on 1/11/2019 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Despite thorough moisturising and priming, I don't like the way this foundation feels or looks. I figure its probably best for younger skin. I realise everyone's skin's different, and hats off to you if it does work for you. But for me, its probably one of most difficult to blend, tacky, heavy foundations I've ever had the misfortune to spend money on. On the days I do wear it my face feels tight and uncomfortable. Makes me feel very unglamorous all day.

on 11/14/2018 9:28:00 AM

On opening I noticed a strong paint like smell which seemed to go away on application. The texture is fairly thick and runny. Coverage is full but you have to work quickly as it dries very fast!

In terms of how long it lasts...It does not seem to transfer at all and I find I do double cleanse to effectively remove this. Unfortunately it oxidizes like crazy and noticeably so. I also found that on wearing for a few hours I became very conscious of it on my skin and my skin did not feel like it could breathe (something I did not feel with the Max Cover version). Also be wary if you have dry skin as this really clings to everything.

I did not finish the bottle nor repurchase as the oxidization was perhaps the biggest deal breaker for me

on 10/30/2018 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this foindation. I've been trying a lot of foundations out there looking for the one. And i've heard about this. I dont know why i took so long to finally try this out, seriously. Tried luminous silk, broke me out. It cc cream, nice and comfy on skin but still moves around. Mac studio fix, good but still like any other foundations out there, it still moves around, you feel it especially when you have oily skin.
Now mine is oily to combination, sometimes kinda dry. This foundation is amazing. It's like paint. Once it's dried out it doesnt move doesnt budge. Maybe a little when i sweat but overall, it's just amazing. I've never seen any foundation like it. I'm just amazed by it. When apply thin layer with damped beauty blender, it could actually look pretty natural. It's like blending in with the skin. I dont even need to set at all, except for the under eye, only because my mascara would always budge down to the under eye if i don't set.
But i guess most people are heavy hand with foundation, and that way, it would definitely look like foundation.
The color though is a bit to the pinky side. I'm light- medium to medium and very yellow. I'm wearing the shade rattan and it looks quite yellow when it first comes out of the bottle but then turns a little pinker later, sort of like a little more peachy than how it first looks when it's dried down and that's what i dont like about it. But overall, amazing foundation. Just hope they will come out with more yellow shades soon!

on 10/7/2018 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! My friend got this for me as a 21st birthday present and now I'm 32 and its still my HG.. tragically I still also have oily skin with acne lol. Its the only foundation I've ever found that reliably keeps my skin matte, even in the hot humid Australian summer. It's also got great coverage and doesn't make my acne worse. I've tried various shades for my medium skin, tans easily with slight yellow undertones. Warm creme is my current match :)

on 9/16/2018 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this foundation for over 3 years now. It is perfect for my super oily skin that is acne prone. It stays on for 12+hours. I don't get shiny, but I do get smile lines unfortunately. I tried everything but I always get them. I wear shade 3w1 tawny. I have a medium skintone. Really recommend this one. I only buy it in sale.

on 8/11/2018 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE Estee Lauder makeup and it's foundations is definitely my HG.
I use this product on a daily basis and it'S Non-transfer all day wear!!
I have used for years, I tried many different things but always come back to this makeup!

on 5/10/2018 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had to try this foundation because it is so famous. The foundation it self has AMAZING coverage. However, it comes across a little cakey after a while because it is so thick and kind of heavy. I personally prefer a lighter and more natural looking foundation, but it does what it promises - high coverage.

on 4/27/2018 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Definitely my HG foundation. Double Ware does not budge on my combination skin for at least 12 hours easily and looks honestly much better on my face at the end of the day than most other foundations look in 4-5 hours.
I prefer applying it with a damp beauty sponge on a well moisturized and primed skin. I noticed that I need much smaller amount of product than when working with most other foundations I've tried. With just one very thin layer and a damp sponge I can easily get high-medium or light-high coverage which I really enjoy even for an everyday look. It looks quite natural, I have never experienced cakyness with Double Ware (I think applying it in very thin layers and not more than 1-2 layers helps in that regard). I normally set it very lightly with a bit of a setting powder and I usually don't need any touch-ups during the entire day (not even on my T-zone).
I truly love it and don't even know why I have another 5 different foundations at the moment when all I want to use is Double Wear :)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I used this foundation for a long hour event, I put on my makeup at 4 am and my makeup still looked good even after 12 hours.
This foundation works like heaven on my normal-dry & sensitive skin, though I had to mix this foundation with a little pump of my Clinique Even Better. The shade matches my skin perfectly. But the cons of this product is the packaging. I've spilled a good amount of this foundation a few times, because this product don't have a pump. But, over all; H A N D S D O W N! I love this product!

This is my GO-TO foundation - every time I find myself trying different foundations to find something better, I come back to this one because there is nothing better. In a foundation, I like medium to full coverage, non transferable, does not go into fine lines, and swear proof. This foundation covers all the requirements! I went to Cali last year and I have a sweating problem on my nose which ruins my foundation most of the time. The sweat did initially break through from the foundation and I had dots of foundation missing but once I was indoors, the foundation just settled back into place again!!!! I been using this for so many years and will continue doing so.