Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

on 10/11/2018 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

OMG, can't believe I missed out on this for so long. I actually bought it before and got rid of it, since it looked cakey and felt heavy. My skin breaks out with almost everything and reviews had me fearful.
Then I forgot my YSL All Hours liquid and needed something in a pinch for an event. Happened to grab a blending sponge, which I don't normally use and it changed everything!
This is just awesome.
Pros
-Excellent lasting power
-Impressive shade range (online)
-Makes my finicky skin happy
-Removes easily with my Neutrogena facial cleaner
-Doesn't transfer, better than my beloved All Hours
-Lovely natural matte finish
-Doesnt settle much in my lines

Cons
-If applied in certain manners, can look cakey and mask-like. A damp blending sponge made all the difference for me

I use the shade Bone (palest available in some stores) mixed with varying levels of Alabaster (palest online) for seasons. It's very rare for me to find one pale enough and Alabaster is way too light. The shades blend well together and the custom shade looks just perfect. They seem to have more deeper shades than many lines too.

The best part is my happy skin. It's nearly impossible for me to find something with no: bismuth oxychloride, algae, sodium chloride, lauroyl lysine, caprylil glycol, oils, etc.

Don't discontinue, Estee!

Personnellement je suis folle de ce fond de teint il est très très magnifique il est permis les top fond de teint, il couvre bien avec une longue tenue il convient ma peau mixte j'ai beaucoup aimer sa texture son odeur.. même si il est cher mais vraiment il mérite et pour le packaging j'ai aimer aussi il est très simple

on 10/7/2018 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! My friend got this for me as a 21st birthday present and now I'm 32 and its still my HG.. tragically I still also have oily skin with acne lol. Its the only foundation I've ever found that reliably keeps my skin matte, even in the hot humid Australian summer. It's also got great coverage and doesn't make my acne worse. I've tried various shades for my medium skin, tans easily with slight yellow undertones. Warm creme is my current match :)

on 9/27/2018 3:43:00 AM

After 2 days of application, I had lots of pimples on my face. I think I am allergic to this product. I advise you to do a test on a small part of ​​your face before using it. Do not hesitate to ask for a sample.

This stuff is good but not great especially not for the price. It definitely stays on but I noticed that it seems to show my pores way too much and it's drying on my skin. I have combo skin; it looks dry and flaky on my nose and chin. I've tried 5 different primers and it still makes my pores very noticeable.

I think it works better on younger skin. If you're in your mid-30s like me and don't want your pores to be exaggerated try something else especially at this price point.

on 9/18/2018 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this one. For a gal with very oily skin with acne scars, I struggle when it comes to finding a good foundation that won't break down on my T-zones during the day. This one is beautiful when I want a nice coverage and flawless skin. I barely need to spot conceal when I wear this foundation. I also like that it's long wearing, Stay-In-Place for real! Sometimes I don't even powder, and it helps not to look too cakey, but I see the oil comes through after a few hours, but it looks more dewy than fried-chicken-oily.
It doesn't break me out at all, but it does accentuate my pores near my nose a little, and although that doesn't bother me much (because every foundation does that on me), siliconated primer helped with the problem. I would like very much if this foundation came with a pump, but I can survive, lol.

TL;DR:
Pros: long-wearing, good coverage, beautiful finish, doesn't accentuate texture
Cons: no pump, doesn't blur larger pores

on 9/16/2018 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this foundation for over 3 years now. It is perfect for my super oily skin that is acne prone. It stays on for 12+hours. I don't get shiny, but I do get smile lines unfortunately. I tried everything but I always get them. I wear shade 3w1 tawny. I have a medium skintone. Really recommend this one. I only buy it in sale.

Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup definitely lives up to the hype. It is a full coverage foundation with a matte finish which lasts all day on the skin - even through heat, humidity and sweat. This is what I put on when I know I am having a long day and will be wearing makeup for around 12 hours. I like the look of this best when applied with a damp sponge, it maintains its full coverage look whilst not being heavy and looks more radiant than when applied with a brush. This makes my skin look perfect - but still look like my own skin. It doesn't ever look cakey or heavy. It doesn't cling to dry areas or textured areas. This product is amazing, and I highly recommend it. The only downside is that you need to buy the pump separately - and it is quite expensive at $10AUD. Happily you only need to buy one pump and can put it into new bottles of foundation but it is very pricey for a pump! The foundation itself is quite well-priced at $58AUD. It's not as expensive as other equivalent products such as Nars for example. This product is so good - everyone needs this!

on 9/8/2018 11:09:00 AM

HG FOUNDATION!! It definitely needs a pump and the shade range needs to expand, but I love this so much, it's the best foundation I've ever tried. Get it, it's worth the hype!

Love Love Love!!! This is my favourite foundation!
It does exactly what they say it will do, which is "Stay in Place". I apply this early morning, and wear it all day which for me is a minimum 12 hours, and I don't have to touch it up at all.
I should note, my skin is normal/dry, but def not oily. This goes on really easily and it's great to blend, it gives you enough time to get it right before it sets. And when it does set it's not chalky or cement like, its soft and light and feels comfortable on.
I always use a primer before any foundation, and I do with this one too so I'm not sure if it would hold as long without primer (but I reckon it would).
I use to wear the MAC Pro Longwear but that was way too drying and would crack after about 5 hours.
This one is not as dry as the MAC, but it somehow stays matte all day, it literally doesn't move and it is NOT CAKEY - if anyone says this is a cakey product then you're obviously applying something too heavy underneath.
Some people are complaining about the fact that the bottle doesn't have a pump but seriously, who cares!! When the product is this good no pump is the least of my worries.
Its a bit pricey $58 a bottle, but you really do get what you pay for and the price doesn't put me off. I can't fault this at all and I know a few others that use it and love it just as much as me.
Thanks Estee Lauder, finally the perfect foundation has been produced!
HUGE thumbs up!!