Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.4

on 4/4/2018 3:41:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Great foundation — longest lasting foundation I tried. However, after 12 hours I need to reapply. Very easy application using a beautyblender or a brush. Needs a (sheer) setting powder to set.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This foundation is by far one of the most popular foundation in the EL range. This is a long lasted, fuller coverage with a very matte finish. I do not recommend this for anyone with dry or even normal skin because it's so matte. Don't even think about getting this when you have flaky skin.

This is a more higher end foundation but the colour range is good. All I can say is this is a good very matte foundation for anyone with oily skin and well moisturised skin

on 3/15/2016 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a greaat foundation for oily skin. The pros are : It doesnt transfer, it's truly lasts on the skin, i'm sure even longer than the 15hours it claims. it is full coverage so it will cover EVERYTHING !! If you like natural looking foundations, you might want to pass on this one. The only thing i dislike about this foundation is the fact it doesnt come with a pump. It's really liquidy so it's not difficult to get it out but for the price, i feel like a pump is a must have.

on 10/1/2015 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I have a mixed skin and this is the best foundation I've ever tried. It looks amazing and when they say it does not transfer for 15 hours, they mean it. If I want a really full coverage I use a normal amount of product and when I want just a light touch I use less and it's perfectly fine.
I've tried this foundation with Matte Perfecting Primer also from Estee Lauder and they work together just perfect.
Does not dry my face, does not make my face oily, I would definitely repurchase but not from Sephora since in Romania they lack a good service.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

i love the finish of this foundation for oily/combo skin this is amazing as it dries to a matte but not dry looking finish and has a great staying power it also photographs quite nicely. HOWEVER, unfortunately my skin doesnt like this foundation it broke me out, could be the new formula but its money wasted for me

on 9/15/2015 1:40:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Very nice full coverage and longlasting foundation. I have combination skin and this keeps my face matte for a good 10h before I have to use blotting paper/powder. It gives me full coverage pretty easily and a little goes a long way. Great color selection (not in my country tho but easy to get online) and the price ain't awful either so I don't really have anything bad to say about this! Except it doesn't come w/ a pump but I put a mac pump to it and it works well.

on 8/18/2015 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

MY HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION!!
This is probably the best foundation on the market! I have fair skin and i'm the colour BONE, I have never experienced a foundation give me a more flawless finish and that looks the same from when you put it on until you take it off, which is what Estee Lauder also claims it does.

It has a very flawless and smooth finish but i find that without a powder it doesn't dry very well and it is tacky. But when i pair it with my Mac Studio Fix Powder on top its absolutely amazing.

This product looks good with or without a primer but i find that if i don't use a very good moisturiser underneath that it can go dry.

Overall this foundation is amazing and the packaging is absolutely gorgeous as well, i love glass packaging on a foundation especially for a high end one.
Only downside is that it doesn't have a pump, but I have used my Mac pump for it and it works perfectly, but when you get to the end you need to remove the pump and pour out the product otherwise you will end up wasting foundation.

I have worn this for over a year straight and I don't think i'll ever change my foundation!

Give it a go!!

on 5/21/2014 5:35:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

It stays on forever. Full coverage. Even builable. I could probably wear this for two days straight without it disappearing. Even on my really oily days, it's there all day and it does it's job while I do mine. It could only be better if it didn't come in a glass bottle without a pump.

Not suitable for those dry skin days though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This is my HG foundation! I got matched to the colour Ecru, which looks beautiful in every light. This stuff literally stays on all day! I apply it in the morning and it lasts till bedtime! Also it doesn't come off on your clothes, hands, nothing. Super fuss-free. You can go through your busy day and not even have to worry about touch ups. Also it eliminates my smile lines when every other foundation I've used exaggerates them! FABULOUS. And it makes skin look flawless! I can achieve fuller coverage with a brush and if I want a more natural look I use a beauty blender, but either way it makes my skin look so flawless. Covers redness easily :) the only slightly negative thing I can think of is the finish. It claims to be semi-matte, but I consider it to be super dewy for me, and my skin is not even remotely oily haha. But easy fix, I can just apply some powder :) love this foundation!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Estee Lauder recently revamped the formula and also came out with new shades that have more of a warm-yellow undertone. I was matched to the shades, 2W2 Rattan & 3W2 Cashew mixed together, which suits my NC35 coloring but I didn't want to purchase both so I decided to get the lighter shade Rattan and just use a bronzer. Cashew I believe would be perfect for someone who is NC40 and Rattan would suit between NC25 - NC30.

I have very oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin and this is definitely a matte, long wearing foundation that can withstand humidity/heat better than any foundation I've tried. It keeps my t-zone matte reasonably, I only have to blot and powder by lunchtime on a working day and it doesn't aggravate my skin or cause breakouts but I have noticed slight clogged pores especially around my nose, but no breakouts.

It lasts beautifully, I've gone through a whole work day and into the night and I still have a relatively matte, concealed complexion, its amazing for its lasting power! I apply this with my fingers to warm up the product so that its easier to spread. If I needed to pick at something, it would be the application; Its not very "spreadable" and you have to buff it in fast, but as long as you get the hand of it, it looks flawless.

This does dry down a bit 'stiff' feeling. I can't explain it but you can feel it on your skin and it is not moisturising whatsoever. It feels very noticeable for me personally when I have it on. I was quite surprised when I used this for the first time, after reading so much reviews and watching people on YouTube applying this endless amounts of time, I expected it to be full coverage but it isn't. This new formula has a medium-buildable coverage and I needed to go over certain areas with more foundation or concealer.

Double Wear does have SPF and it unfortunately does flash back for me, so it's not the best for flash photography.

The packaging is classy with the gold lid and frosted glass but no pump which I'm not impressed with for a high-end foundation. I prefer pumps for hygiene so for the price I would expect one.

Overall, I'm happy that I picked this up as its fast become a favourite for extreme heat and humidity. I feel it is a bit heavy for my liking if I wear it all over so I like to use this exclusively in my t-zone to control oil which is works great for. Highly recommend you try this out!