Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

on 11/9/2015 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

It's with a heavy heart that I give this foundation 2 lipsticks.

The colour match is really good - although it took 2 visits to the Estée Lauder counter to get the correct shade. I love the flawless finish it gives and the staying power is very impressive.

HOWEVER.

Everything I wear it, I breakout in cystic acne bumps. I tried to convince myself that it wasn't the cause but after switching foundations and wearing no foundation base, I've realised that unfortunately this was the cause.

It's a shame.. But I've got to let it go :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I really wanted to love this foundation after seeing such good reviews, especially from people with acne. I finally caved in after receiving a sample which matched my skin tone perfectly, rare when having pale skin. The coverage is good but after about an hour it starts to look cakey on my skin. It says oil free but I found my dry skin would look oily after a while. It also felt too thick, like it was clogging my pores. Since using it my spots have got ten times worse and bigger! Gone back to colorstay which I think is much better plus half the price!

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Although the texture of this foundation works well on my skin type, I can never get a correct colour match. I find if you're very pale and neutral toned that even the ivory shade is too dark.
The packaging is awful and unless you purchase a pump you;ll waste a lot of product.

I would buy this foundation if there was a suitable colour for myself as it's good at oil control, coverage and only has some flash back in photos.

on 4/10/2016 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

My absolute holy grail all time favourite foundation.

I have very oily skin and I also need foundation that lasts at least 10 hours- generally not a good combination. I bought this foundation not expecting much- but I was very wrong!! I can get away without blotting or powdering for about 10 hours, but the wear will be about 13-14 hours if I blot and powder in the middle of the day.

The price is almost unbearable but I guess I'll have to deal with it...

on 10/5/2015 9:19:00 PM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

Love love love! This foundation literally doesn't move. It looks nice and I get great coverage without having to build. The only con is that it does feel a little heavy! With this one, a little goes a long way! I use the lightest shade and unlike most foundations, this one doesn't make me look yellow! Definitely my go to product!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I've just started wearing makeup and I've tried the Revlon color stay foundation and it's pretty decent. But, i wanted a more high end foundation and i decided to give this a try. I've used it for a week now and This foundation is absolutely amazing!!!!! Doesn't break me out, great coverage on imperfections and leaves my skin looking flawless and natural. Wish it had a pump but it's great regardless.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine

My holy grail foundation! I am literally obsessed with this foundation. It works very well on my dry/normal skin and my oily forehead. Stays on for over 12 hours and doesn't rub off at all. The only medium/full coverage foundation which hasn't broken me out too. Covers up all of my redness with no trouble at all and I only have to apply a tiny bit extra on blemishes to fully cover them up.
It gives me a flawless finish, feels so smooth, and have had compliments from people telling me that my skin looks like a porcelain doll :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I LOVE this foundation. I have been using it for almost 2 years. I try other foundations thinking maybe there's something better out there...nope! Nothing else can look as beautiful and stay on as long as good old double wear!

I look like I have flawless skin if I do 2 layers with a flat top kabuki brush. So perfect.