Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

3.4

12/2012 REFORMULATION

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This is an amazing foundation, I have repurchased on many occasions (usually when it's bonus time)

I have oily skin so the formulation works wonders, keeping the shine at bay all day. Yes I repeat ALL DAY! It literally doesn't budge. I have a few shades depending on whether I've applied tan, I sometimes mix them together too to create the perfect match.

What I would say is make sure to use some decent makeup brushes to apply the product to your skin, as it can settle around pores if not buffed in correctly.

Worth every penny in my opinion.

on 7/28/2016 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've watched and read tons of reviews, before purchasing the double wear foundation. So I was convinced that this would be my HG product. The shade (Sandalwood) was okay, maybe a bit too neutral for my liking. I tried my best to like it, but it just didn't work for me. I have bumps all over my jawline now (double cleansed my face at night). I came to the conclusion, that my skin reacts bad to products of the Estee Lauder brand..Clinique, MAC :( they all tend to break me out!
I will not use this foundation anymore </3
Still searching for my holy grail foundation..

on 4/10/2016 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

My absolute holy grail all time favourite foundation.

I have very oily skin and I also need foundation that lasts at least 10 hours- generally not a good combination. I bought this foundation not expecting much- but I was very wrong!! I can get away without blotting or powdering for about 10 hours, but the wear will be about 13-14 hours if I blot and powder in the middle of the day.

The price is almost unbearable but I guess I'll have to deal with it...

on 4/3/2016 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I have two of these in ecru (too dark) and cool bone (still too dark but better). I can't find a shade that matches my very pale skin. It also is very drying which is great for my oily skin until it drys on my nose and looks like cracked mudcake. I wanted to like this but it's going to be something I only use rarely. I find that mixing it with bb creams helps a lot with the dryness and I still get the coverage I need.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Although the texture of this foundation works well on my skin type, I can never get a correct colour match. I find if you're very pale and neutral toned that even the ivory shade is too dark.
The packaging is awful and unless you purchase a pump you;ll waste a lot of product.

I would buy this foundation if there was a suitable colour for myself as it's good at oil control, coverage and only has some flash back in photos.

on 1/4/2016 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I was a little disappointed by this foundation. Everyone had raved about it, but it does feel like I'm putting a face mask on. It's really heavy despite using a beauty blender and it makes my face look so flat. I do get its supposed to be long lasting, but i feel very fake and like I've plastered my face when I wear this.
Am going to try again in the summer when it's not and a bit sweaty(come on girls, we've all been there) and this might save some embarrassment.

on 11/9/2015 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

It's with a heavy heart that I give this foundation 2 lipsticks.

The colour match is really good - although it took 2 visits to the Estée Lauder counter to get the correct shade. I love the flawless finish it gives and the staying power is very impressive.

HOWEVER.

Everything I wear it, I breakout in cystic acne bumps. I tried to convince myself that it wasn't the cause but after switching foundations and wearing no foundation base, I've realised that unfortunately this was the cause.

It's a shame.. But I've got to let it go :(

on 11/3/2015 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've edited my review for this multiple times. I guess because I really wanted to like it.

I like the foundation. It's very full coverage and too much can look like a mask. One layer covers my blemishes all by itself. Definitely not for everyday use.

It feels very light on the skin and doesn't transfer.

It dries quickly so work in sections.

The bottle is difficult to work with so I would suggest a pump.

The only problem I have is the color range. There aren't very many colors for Brown women. I am Brown skinned with yellow undertones (between nc45 to n50) I originally used 5w2, Rich Caramel, but the color looks ashy and too red.

Unfortunately no other colors match without mixing and i dont mix so I can't use this foundation. :/

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I wanted to love this product but the color match is way off. I've gone back several times for matches but I'm always in between shades with one being too yellow and the other too pink. I love that the product is matte but it emphasized everything wrong with my skin. I'm combination oily, prone to breakouts, and have very large pores. This product, though very beautiful despite my problems with it, just didn't work for me.
At the end of the day, it just made my skin look and feel worse. Still on the search for my holy grail.

on 10/5/2015 9:19:00 PM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

Love love love! This foundation literally doesn't move. It looks nice and I get great coverage without having to build. The only con is that it does feel a little heavy! With this one, a little goes a long way! I use the lightest shade and unlike most foundations, this one doesn't make me look yellow! Definitely my go to product!