Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 6/4/2017 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This foundation is a beast! To be able to handle my super oily skin like boss without budging is a feat! I do get some oil breakthrough after 2 hours but it's nothing that a blotting sheet can't fix. I wear this during my 12 hour night shifts and it lasts the whole 12 and beyond. Removing it is a job, if I don't have a jar of Ponds or a cleansing oil available to take this off, I'll have to work to take it off. The best long wearing full coverage foundation I've tried!

on 5/26/2017 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Great foundation. Theres a bit of a learning curve to get over when first using it. Silicon primer does very well underneath (dont use water based) and if you have a great skin care routine with great skin its even easier to the point you can apply it with your fingers and it looks perfect. Otherwise applying with a flat top foundation brush (ive used IT cosmetics brand) has also produced amazing results as well.
It lasts all day 12 hours +
Theres no oxidation
Ive swam in the ocean and its held up fine
Nice medium to almost full coverage (many tout it can be used to spot conceal but i dont find that it does that very well)
Great range of shades

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love, love, love this foundation. I have dark skin with different shades of brown and I find that this foundation from Estee Lauder covers my face up perfectly! I also have sensitive, oily, and acne-prone skin and I never have any problems using this foundation. I've tried other brands and even tried make-up specifically for "acne-prone" skin and have had problems with them.

I also love it because they offer dark shade that blends my face smoothly without leaving a white, ashy, or redish tone like other made-up. You know which ones I'm taking about...

It is expensive, but it's so worth it! Plus if I think about the amount of foundations I use to buy in search of the "right" one, this is cheaper for sure.

Oh, p.s. did I mention that it stay on for the whole day? And it doesn't rub off on your clothes?

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This is an amazing foundation, I have repurchased on many occasions (usually when it's bonus time)

I have oily skin so the formulation works wonders, keeping the shine at bay all day. Yes I repeat ALL DAY! It literally doesn't budge. I have a few shades depending on whether I've applied tan, I sometimes mix them together too to create the perfect match.

What I would say is make sure to use some decent makeup brushes to apply the product to your skin, as it can settle around pores if not buffed in correctly.

Worth every penny in my opinion.

on 7/28/2016 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've watched and read tons of reviews, before purchasing the double wear foundation. So I was convinced that this would be my HG product. The shade (Sandalwood) was okay, maybe a bit too neutral for my liking. I tried my best to like it, but it just didn't work for me. I have bumps all over my jawline now (double cleansed my face at night). I came to the conclusion, that my skin reacts bad to products of the Estee Lauder brand..Clinique, MAC :( they all tend to break me out!
I will not use this foundation anymore </3
Still searching for my holy grail foundation..

on 4/10/2016 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

My absolute holy grail all time favourite foundation.

I have very oily skin and I also need foundation that lasts at least 10 hours- generally not a good combination. I bought this foundation not expecting much- but I was very wrong!! I can get away without blotting or powdering for about 10 hours, but the wear will be about 13-14 hours if I blot and powder in the middle of the day.

The price is almost unbearable but I guess I'll have to deal with it...

on 4/3/2016 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I have two of these in ecru (too dark) and cool bone (still too dark but better). I can't find a shade that matches my very pale skin. It also is very drying which is great for my oily skin until it drys on my nose and looks like cracked mudcake. I wanted to like this but it's going to be something I only use rarely. I find that mixing it with bb creams helps a lot with the dryness and I still get the coverage I need.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Although the texture of this foundation works well on my skin type, I can never get a correct colour match. I find if you're very pale and neutral toned that even the ivory shade is too dark.
The packaging is awful and unless you purchase a pump you;ll waste a lot of product.

I would buy this foundation if there was a suitable colour for myself as it's good at oil control, coverage and only has some flash back in photos.

on 1/4/2016 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I was a little disappointed by this foundation. Everyone had raved about it, but it does feel like I'm putting a face mask on. It's really heavy despite using a beauty blender and it makes my face look so flat. I do get its supposed to be long lasting, but i feel very fake and like I've plastered my face when I wear this.
Am going to try again in the summer when it's not and a bit sweaty(come on girls, we've all been there) and this might save some embarrassment.

on 11/9/2015 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

It's with a heavy heart that I give this foundation 2 lipsticks.

The colour match is really good - although it took 2 visits to the Estée Lauder counter to get the correct shade. I love the flawless finish it gives and the staying power is very impressive.

HOWEVER.

Everything I wear it, I breakout in cystic acne bumps. I tried to convince myself that it wasn't the cause but after switching foundations and wearing no foundation base, I've realised that unfortunately this was the cause.

It's a shame.. But I've got to let it go :(