Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

3.8

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I wanna start with the packaging. The packaging really bothers me because it would be my fault if I slipped and broke the bottle, I'm super clumsy, sorry! I still need to lighten the shade a bit and I'm in shade 1C0 Shell. The lightest shade on the Sephora website. THE LIGHTEST! If I still need to lighten the product to get it to match me perfectly then you know I'm pale. The formula is not my favourite, it might be to someone else, but for me it's just too cakey and looks patchy in certain areas and I know I'm blending it in correctly. Overall, not the worst but would not buy again.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I feel like i'm taking crazy pills- I absolutely *hated* this and I'm a very small portion of people with that opinion! Nothing has looked worse on my skin. I looked powdery and cakey using the foundation even with a hydrating primer.

I like my foundation to the dewy end generally and usually attempt to look at things objectively and say 'maybe this just isn't for my skin' but I can't with this. I just found so few plus points to it. I have combination skin and on dry patches it looked truly awful, but it even looked dry and flaky on my oily nose. Now I exfoliate with AHAs and BHAs depending on the area of my skin, plus I previously used a somewhat drying but lighter foundation (Fusion ink) with no issues, so I don't think it's an issue with my nose texture particularly.
The coverage is to the heavier end of medium, but I didn't find it easy to build with a damp beauty blender. It more looked like it was sitting on top in layers than blending together to provide high coverage in certain areas seamlessly. Looked a slightly 'flat' on, but excusably so if you really need something with staying power.

There being no pump is a bad show too. This is *not* a drug store foundation, there is no excuse for not having one, really. The packaging is at least pretty, though.

This does oxodise like nothing I've seen before too- Shell was even a little off after a few hours. I don't think shell is available in the US either so I have no idea how anyone pale would be able to use this formula without a *lot* of white mixer.

From my experience, you'd have to be of a *very* oily skin type to love this. I'm glad it exists even if I hated it though- A holy grail for very oily skin is hard to find and it's wonderful people with that skin type are able to use this foundation without blotting every .5 femtoseconds! If you have anything other than that (especially dry) have a proper look in sunlight before you buy a full sized bottle though, I have seen people who use this look *incredibly* textured and chalky because they tried and applied it in artificial lighting.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this foundation! I apply only one layer with a moistened beauty blender and it looks great! I prefer higher coverage with my foundations because I have dark marks and sometimes redness, and I'd say one layer of this gives good medium coverage and it's easily build-able if you need a bit more. I've never broken out from this foundation which is a big thing I always look for since I'm a very busy full-time college student who also works and I often come home so exhausted that I forget to take my makeup off until the following morning (AWFUL I know). With that said I have to add THIS STUFF LASTS!! It really is "stay-in-place" as the label says because it's not going anywhere!! I spend all day running errands, going to class, etc. and I'm always sweating like crazy but this foundation can handle it all!

I have to add something that's super important, however, and that's about how this isn't very moisturizing. I have dry skin and typically would run away from a foundation better built for oily skin types however I recently started moisturizing with vegetable glycerin (HIGHLY RECOMMEND FOR ANYONE WITH DRY SKIN, it's natural, it's cheap, only has one ingredient, and the tiniest dot keeps your face soft and buttery for ages. Also, definitely an awesome addition to your night routine) so this is no longer an issue for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

On the one hand, this foundation really does last ALL day. I don't look cakey, oily, and neither does it completely disappear after a couple of hours. But unfortunately, it's given me horrendous acne after a couple of weeks use. I've never had skin as bad as this, even as a particularly oily teenager. I can see how this is a 'holy grail' for people, but unfortunately, it just doesn't agree with my skin. Shame.

on 7/17/2016 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is my basic foundation.
·Plus:
Good coverage without being cakey (even on my dry skin).
Great texture.
Doesn't feel heavy on the skin.
Stays on good all day (I do set it with some Ben Nye luxury powder)
·Cons:
The bottle is so annoying.
Not enough colortones. I'm really fair and the foundation I use is actually just a bit to dark. It still is wearable when I shape the rest of the face or use a bronzer.

on 5/12/2016 6:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the first foundation I've really loved. Prior to this foundation I tried Clinique Beyond Perfecting, which I hated and made me break out. Before that I was a broke student and bought drug store foundations. SO..with that said I don't have a lot of experience with different foundations, but this is the only foundation I've bought over and over again. (And the only makeup product I splurge on)
I have the occasional breakout and I have quite a bit of acne scarring on my face, so I prefer a more full coverage foundation. The double wear is perfect for that, you can build it to be full and all imperfections are gone. I particularly love how long it lasts. I was so used to having to reapply foundation through out the day, I was amazed how well this stays on literally all day long.
The only slight negative I would say about this product is that when you first put it on it can feel slightly "tight" on your face, almost like you have a mask on. But that goes away after your makeup is set.

on 4/19/2016 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have combo (more oily) acne prone skin. This foundation has not broken me out and it lasts all day long! I blend with a damp beauty blender and it goes on nicely. I usually touch up mid day with my MUFE hd powder to get rid of the excess shine but it is better than re-applying mid day (like I used to).
I have discoloration from previous acne, and this covers up great and is buildable.
Being a longwear foundation, this is so hard to get off, so I make sure to double cleanse!
I use colour Cashew 3W2 , and I don't notice any oxidation either with colour.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I don't know why there's so much hype over this, it breaks me and many other people out! This foundation gives medium to full coverage, is long lasting and has a satin finish. It feels quite heavy on the face and is difficult to get off. It's not drying though! Id like it only for the fact that it gives me spots and doesn't come in my colour: I have pale neutral/warm skin (approx nc10-15), 1w1 and 1n1 are too dark while 1c1 and 1c0 are too pink!

on 4/17/2016 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

My absolute #1 Holy grail foundation. Background TMI skin info: I have thee most sensitive skin, with a tendency to react with painful deep cystic acne to most new skincare that I try, and an extreemely oily t-zone with just the most amazing random dry patches *eye roll*. So anyway, I work 10-14 hour days, and even with blotting and touch ups by the end of the day, every and I mean EVERY other foundation leaves me looking like a gross oil-slicky-flaky-skinned grease ball. Not this baby!! With proper moisturizing, powder setting and a spritz of UD de-slick (or all nighter whichever you prefer) girl go swimming on that first date! Nobody will ever take your place double wear, nobody. Lmao

on 3/13/2016 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great foundation, that literally stays in place. After a long workday it still looks good on my face. My acne-prone skin doesn't break out from this, it gives me a flawless finish (especially used with a BeautyBlender, try it!) and gives good coverage. The only two downsides are the packaging (no pump) and the minimal choice of available colors (in The Netherlands, that is).
Overall a very good foundation!