Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 1/5/2017 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have a love/hate with this but it is a staple in my foundation arsenal. I'm NC25 in Mac Pro Longwear and I have this in 2W1 (dawn) and 2N1 (desert beige). I reach for the 2W1 more. It is a very good long wearing foundation especially for those with oily skin like me. It will break apart on my nose late in the day but looks fine on the rest of my face. Less is more and a little goes a long way! Make sure to cleanse well to get it off. Additionally make sure to exfoliate and moisturize before application. Overall it is an excellent foundation.

Edit: using Mac skin refined zone on my nose has helped tremendously. This is a very good foundation. I will continue to use regularly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

Great formula, medium coverage, matte and wide color selection. Stays on till you take it off with oil based makeup remover. Great for weddings or everyday use.

on 9/3/2016 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I tried this foundation because i wanted another "high end" option. Currently i use Nars All Day Luminous and love it but you can't just have one foundation ladies, right?

I bought this in Bronze (i believe it's 5W2?) because of all the hype and positive reviews and I'll be honest, though, I returned it to Sephora after just one wear. It was a reluctant return. I actually really liked it and the shade matched me beautifully and perfectly. The only downsides were the fact there was no pump (but that can be fixed by switching it to an airless pump container or buying the Mac pump for it) and the white cast flash back. The latter is why i returned it. While i didn't buy this for every day wear i have to take in the fact that when i do a full face on special occasions, im usually taking pictures. This is a no no if my foundation is giving me a flash back white cast.

The coverage is medium but buildable, however, if you aren't careful it can look caked on. shade range is really, really good especially for WOC like myself. It does give you a lovely, flawless finish so i can't say i hate it. I wish I'd known it had SPF 10 in it before i purchased. I don't need my foundation to have that. If they had the same formula with medium to full coverage with no SPF I'd definitely try that out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

On the one hand, this foundation really does last ALL day. I don't look cakey, oily, and neither does it completely disappear after a couple of hours. But unfortunately, it's given me horrendous acne after a couple of weeks use. I've never had skin as bad as this, even as a particularly oily teenager. I can see how this is a 'holy grail' for people, but unfortunately, it just doesn't agree with my skin. Shame.

on 8/4/2016 4:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Holy grail foundation - actually looks BETTER as the day wears on and it melts into your face. A few things to know though:
- better suited to combination/oily skin. Dry skin ladies may find it drying on them or they look ashy
- dries quickly so work one area at a time - if you smear it all over your whole face and try to blend it it will lift and drag, so do t-zone/forehead, then cheeks. I use a dior foundation brush to apply and then stipple with a slightly damp beautyblender to get rid of any brush marks
- DO NOT use in your eye area AT ALL. Too drying. I avoid my entire lid and undereye - much better to use Lancome effacernes with a light hand for the entire lid area. Trust me on this.
- Set with a little of the Lancome doublewear powder using a fluffy brush, or a translucent powder. THIS FOUNDATION WILL LIFT IF YOU DISTURB IT so use a light and fluffy hand for powder, blush, bronzer etc.
- buildable, so you can go medium to full coverage but you MUST BUILD IT WHILE IT'S STILL DAMP. Building a new layer over a dry layer tends to create splotchiness/dragging if you're not careful.
- covers most imperfections, but I do spot conceal with Vichy dermablend on bad spots. For minor imperfections I'll just stipple extra foundation still left in my foundation brush onto the spot and then pat gently with my finger or a beautyblender to avoid any brush marks.

* I remove it with a first swipe of micellar water and then a full face wash of Cetaphil. No breakouts.
**side note - this does build up in foundation brushes and doesn't wash out well with even dish soap, shampoo, anything - stays caked in the brush, possibly from the sunscreen in it. I found vegetable cooking oil (from your kitchen) will dissolve it if you're having a hard time cleaning your foundation brush. Then shampoo or soap out the oil and you'll have a completely clean and wonderfully soft brush again.

on 7/17/2016 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is my basic foundation.
·Plus:
Good coverage without being cakey (even on my dry skin).
Great texture.
Doesn't feel heavy on the skin.
Stays on good all day (I do set it with some Ben Nye luxury powder)
·Cons:
The bottle is so annoying.
Not enough colortones. I'm really fair and the foundation I use is actually just a bit to dark. It still is wearable when I shape the rest of the face or use a bronzer.

on 7/15/2016 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like the coverage this foundation gives so much. Skin is flawless with this on, barely need any concealer.
It can emphasize pores, but nothing too bad. I've seen much worser (I tried almost every foundation out there) Use a good pore filling primer.
Doesn't enlarged fine lines
The soft look is so lovely.

Looking at the coverage this gives, I'm suprised how natural this can look. Looks like skin. Not over powdery (which i really hate) or cakey.

BUT. Sometimes.. this stuff can be a little drying. And if i apply too much (on the nose or chin area mostly) this can look cakey and dry. Sometimes a little chalky even.

The other problem I have with this foundation, is the way it sets.. Like revlon colorstay sets so quick and you have to work fast? This you get a little more time, but once it sets, its set. You can't go back. You cant touch it! If you do it will get flakey/powdery.
So.. It's not the easiest foundation to work with.

But still, when you moisterize well, use a good primer (I like this with the too faced pore primer) it looks so so nice. So smooth. Stays on the skin for hours.

I have this in 'Fresco' and it's the best colormatch I've ever had, its my exact skin colour. Never had such a good match before.

I do recommend this, but not for really dry skin.
And you do have to find out how to use this, what works best for you.

When it comes to full coverage foundations, I do think this is one of the best. But because of the way it sets, I do like my teint idole better. It's just easier.

on 5/17/2016 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This foundation is pretty great. I had to take off one Lippie because of the packaging :(
It is definitely full coverage, to the point of almost looking mask like, if you don't spread it well. You really have to blend, blend, blend. Especially at the jaw line. And you better buy the perfect color, or it will be extremely obvious you have foundation on.
It has crazy good staying power. Like glue! LOL
It sticks to skin, and also sticks to any flakiness or dry spots you have, so exfoliate and moisturize well before you apply! Stands up well to oil breakthrough, or sweat. Definitely a good summer foundation!

on 5/12/2016 6:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the first foundation I've really loved. Prior to this foundation I tried Clinique Beyond Perfecting, which I hated and made me break out. Before that I was a broke student and bought drug store foundations. SO..with that said I don't have a lot of experience with different foundations, but this is the only foundation I've bought over and over again. (And the only makeup product I splurge on)
I have the occasional breakout and I have quite a bit of acne scarring on my face, so I prefer a more full coverage foundation. The double wear is perfect for that, you can build it to be full and all imperfections are gone. I particularly love how long it lasts. I was so used to having to reapply foundation through out the day, I was amazed how well this stays on literally all day long.
The only slight negative I would say about this product is that when you first put it on it can feel slightly "tight" on your face, almost like you have a mask on. But that goes away after your makeup is set.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

In my opinion, this product is definitely more hyped than it should be.. I has very high hopes for this foundation and to say I expected more was an understatement. The coverage it providing was not near what I was expecting. My Rimmel Lasting Perfection foundation is almost as high coverage! I have redness and acne prone skin and though it did look nice after layering the foundation, you could definitely tell I had a thick layer of foundation on. Even 1 layer didn't sit right on my skin. It did show to be quite powdery on the skin when set with my all time favorite powder, Australis fresh and flawless. Though it was a disappointing buy, I will continue to try it out at an upcoming festival and see how it wears. So far not worth the hype! Will keep updated.