Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

Short Review about the Foundation (About 3min) with all the information that you need, no shit chat, no talking about cats and dogs... just facts and the foundation enjoy! :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Excellent matte or almost matte foundation. Wide color choice from cool light to deep dark rich.

Pro: Coverage is full. I put some on my hand and you could see the brighteners and titanium or zinc oxide which makes a reflective cover to hide skin flaws and even tone.

Easy to blend, especially if you use a foam blender.

Wears all day.

No scent, seems to work on sensitive skin.

Cons: It probably will photograph too light (there is a lot of titanium or zinc oxide that is reflective in flash.)
It doesn't have a pump.

It really is full coverage. If you want sheer, my skin-but-better, not your foundation.

on 6/18/2017 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used this foundation in high school when my skin was oily and needed extra coverage. It was perfect and so easy, because I never had to set it with powder, and yet it still stayed all through the school day and kept my skin from getting shiny. The only reason I've moved on from it is that I prefer something a lot lighter now and my skin is no longer oily.

But for younger girls that need extra coverage or have spots, this is the best! I still use it occasionally when I want the higher coverage.

on 6/17/2017 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Wow! I love this stuff.

I'm a foundation junkie. I rarely buy the same thing twice. I've tried SO many foundations; all of Cliniques and MACs, I've tried makeup forever, Dior, benefit, Sephora collection, hourglass, Josie maran, Lancôme, many of the drug store brands (more recently bourjois), Marc jacobs....if Sephora sells it I've probably had a bottle at some point over the years.

This stuff is my holy grail of foundation. It's awesome. Once it's on, it doesn't budge all day. I usually put my makeup on around 7:30am and take it off around 9pm. Usually with other brands the make up has worn off and it looks streaky, and my face looks a little oily.

This stuff is amazing. Nice medium coverage and matte finish, I don't even have to use a concealer or a powder. By the evening, my makeup looks the same as it did that morning. I have combination/oily skin. No oiliness at all.

The BEST foundation I have ever used. Will be in my makeup bag forever (until I find the next best thing). Would highly recommend it unless you have dry skin. Make sure you use a foundation brush to apply as well.

And at $46 a bottle it's practically free!! Great price point.

on 6/2/2017 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Good colors....I like using a foundation brush with this...I think this colors are good and match well....It stays on food for me...I have normal skin...

on 5/24/2017 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got a two samples of this foundation; the lightest in the warm and cool range. Both were INCREDIBLY dark!!! I am quite pale but I wouldn't say I'm extremely pale, Im between a mac NC10 and NC15 . I decided to brave it and try the formula anyway because I figured if the formula was great I could just buy lightening drops from nyx or somewhere else. The formula feels so dry and cakey and it looked like a mask on my face. I was excited as it's meant to be good coverage but it was medium at best and you could still see some acne scars through the dry cakey mask.
For anyone who's looking for a medium coverage foundation that actually looks like skin I'd really recommend the YSL touche eclat foundation over this; it doesn't cover all my acne scars with one layer but when you layer a but more or use concealer it looks perfect and it's totally breathable and just way better than this.
Honestly disappointed.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've tried so hard to like this and no matter what I can't get it to work. I've tried two colors one was a neutral - Desert Beige and the other was a "cooler" toned but darker - Dawn. Dawn was a better match but I still felt it was a tad too dark. Aside from the off color of it, I find this foundation literally just sits on top of my face and makes my pores, texture and lines stand out so much. I've tried applying it with a sponge and a brush, different primers and different powders and I still can't get it to look good on me! I will say it does last and controls oil, but I feel like it looks so terrible up close - I just can't wear it.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been on the hunt for a med to full coverage foundation. This didn't come to mind intial. I tried MUFE ,Nars Sheer Glow, Mac Pro Longwear and Tarte Amazonian clay recently but didn't love any of them accept MPL. After reading so many rave reviews I figured it was time to give DW a try. I just applied it for the 1rst time and I gotta say.....I'm totally impressed with it!! Absolutely flawless coverage without a heavy look and feel. Only one application was all I needed. It didnt make my skin a flat mat, more of a demi mat, satin finish. There's still a translucency to my skin which I want, but didnt except to get from this formula. I applied it over Mac Strobe cream with a Sigma f80 flat kabuki. I'm nc25 so Sand is perfect for me and has a nice olive yellow undertone, not orange as Mac Pro Longwear is. As far as wear time, I can't say at this point, but assuming will be great. If you haven't tried it yet I would do so.

on 4/20/2017 2:27:00 AM

I love this foundation. I will say it definitely took some getting used to, and I had to try a few different ways of applying it to make it work best for me. Once I got the hang of it, however, it is absolutely flawless with every single application! I have oily skin and after a lot of trial and error I discovered that for the most perfect coverage for my skin type, I need to mix the Double Wear with a bit of serum (I use Lauder Idealist or Lancôme Visionnaire). Then I apply with a dense foundation brush, buffing outward from the center of my face. I find that for me, the primers I have tried with Double Wear tend to make it look a bit splotchy, so I skip a primer with this foundation. Sometimes I set with a little powder but usually the Double Wear + serum is perfect. Wish the bottle had a pump but besides that, Double Wear lives up to its hype! Play with it a bit and find what works best for you.

on 4/16/2017 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The curious creature that I am I had to find out more about this foundation as everyone seemed to rave about it. I was my usual sceptical self. I managed to buy a couple of mls off EBAY to give it a test. I was pleasantly surprised!
I found the perfect shade for my pale olive complexion and a foundation that doesnt slide off my skin after an hour or two. Its easy to apply but dont hang about as it "sets" quite quickly! I might be on the wrong side of 40 but I still have super oily skin. Im told to be thankful for it as it means I have hardly any lines but it is still a major pain when it comes to my makeup lasting the day.
Im not the sort of woman who will keep peering at herself through the day to check or tweek my makeup. This foundation had to perform and still be intact by the early evening. Miracles of miracles it did indeed succeed.
Ive been using it for a year or so and Im pleased it is still doing the business.