Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 1/21/2017 2:11:00 AM

I bought this foundation with really high hopes based on reviews. Actually it has almost full coverage, but for my dry skin... meh, it makes me look cakey. But depends on how to apply, it can be tolerable, by using damp sponge and few drops of facial oil and then buffing with flat top brush.

on 1/19/2017 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really good foundation for long wear. It really does stay in place! The shade selection is also great. My biggest complaint is the bottle. I hope someday they include a pump. It makes it hard to get all of the product, or too much can come out at once. That aside, it wears beautifully on the skin and is very versatile to use.

I love this foundation, BUT not for every day use. It provides great coverage and easy to build up. It has a wide range of shades and my two favourites are 2N1 Desert Beige and 1N2 Ecru. I love it as I know my makeup will last all night and not run down my face, however, after a few hours my skin starts to feel a bit dry and almost painful. Overall, I will keep re-purchasing it, because I trust it on a good night-out like no other foundation, but I always need other foundations to keep in my makeup collection for every day use, because nobody wants to feel uncomfortable on the daily. :)

on 1/3/2017 12:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My number 1 foundation, for the following reasons:

1) FULL COVERAGE! I have rosacea and just generally bad-looking skin, and this is the only foundation I have ever used which covers it all and evens it out. Also, even though it is full coverage, it feels lightweight on the skin and is like I am not even wearing makeup.

2) It stays in place all day, and looks exactly the same at the end of a 12 hour day.

3) It's compatible with my dry skin. All other full-coverage foundations I have used look horrifically cakey and unnatural on my skin. Estee Lauder DW is a miracle, in that it sits beautifully on my skin and doesn't exacerbate my dry patches.

4) The palest shade is pale enough for my ghost-like skin. (Some might say too pale, but nothing blush and bronzer won't sort out).

Nothing is perfect, I suppose, so negatives about this product include:

1) No pump, so you do tend to waste a lot of product. This problem can be easily solved, however, by buying the MAC pump which is compatible with it. No more waste!

2) £££
However, even though it is expensive, I would say it is worth paying the price for. You are getting a high quality product which is going to last a long time, as the formula is thick and you only need to use a little bit to cover the face.

I will never stop using this product!

on 12/30/2016 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily skin, so usually by mid-afternoon my makeup has melted off my face. Not a pretty sight! I had read good reviews and while I hate changing foundation it was made so easy. I was colour matched and given a sample to try, which lasted about a week and I just love it. I have slight redness and scarring but this product is great. It gives full and even coverage without looking cakey. It lasts all day and when I say all day, I mean 18+ hours. The product is thick and dries quickly and once it's set, it just stays put! My perfect match is 1W2 Sand as I'm fair but olive toned. In comparison, I was Mac Studio Fix NC15. I recommend asking for a sample from the counter so as not to waste your money if the colours not quite right.

on 12/26/2016 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation has been around for a while and I am glad that they have not changed its ingredients so far. I am super oily but at the same time, under my eyes can look dry and agitated from a drying foundation. Comparing this with Revlon Colostay, I have to say this does a better job in keeping my face in a great condition. Under my eyes do not suffer either. The shades are a bit challenging for me. They are categorized but like many other brands, yellows are super yellow and almost look unnatural. I am NC30 in MAC although not as yellow. The best shade for me is 3N1 or Ivory Beige. It is neutral so it won't make me look too yellow. It lasts on my skin for the whole day. It doesn't budge, melt or transfer. I use Neutrogena Deep Clean and see no debris after the wash. Overall, let's hope they keep this one in the market but add more shades to it.

on 12/14/2016 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The staying power on this is amazing! I hardly ever have to touch up, it will happily stay on 12+ hours. I was a little bit disappointed with the coverage, I usually have to do 2 layers to get a decent amount, which used a lot more product, however, it is buildable and doesn't go cakey. I've found the best application is with a beauty blender. For more coverage I'll mix with a bit of becca ultimate coverage foundation - it saves doing the second layer. The packaging is classy, a pump would be nice but not completely nessesary. Didn't have any sort of reaction, wasn't drying etc, just make sure you remove it properly as this stuff doesn't want to budge! Will repurchase!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is pretty amazing. I don't know why it took me so long to try. First of all, I have a lot of "needs" : I have combination skin which is dry but also acne prone, I have freckles, hyper pigmentation, some wrinkles and I couldn't stand the feeling of liquid foundation on my face before and didn't like transfer of makeup on clothes . I also work full time 8 hour days and have kids, so I'm constantly on the go and don't have time to reapply during lunch etc. I was noticing the last few years that during lunch, my makeup looked worn off :/ I finally decided to try this foundation out since I heard such great things. I love that it doesn't feel heavy, sets pretty quickly and covers medium and is build able but somehow it doesn't feel or look heavy? It brightens my skin tone and makes it look softer and more even, but somehow looks natural as well. Best of all, it lasts all day! People were not kidding- even after a long 10 hour work day, or my whole day at Disneyland with the kids, even when I went to wash it off at 10:00 at night it looked great! It also photographed great as well! Last, it didn't break me out at all. This is a HG foundation for me

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I didn't like this foundation. I felt it on all day and it made my pores and texture look worse. It also made me breakout, even though I took off properly. Or did I? I mean, it would probably be better to use an oil makeup remover with such a resilient foundation, however whenever I try one of those my skin breaks out. The packaging looks ok but the lack of a pump makes considerable waste a true possibility. On the positive side, it lasted better than any other foundation I have ever used and covered everything without looking too caked on. Also, the return policy of the UK official website is impeccable.

I can see why so many people love this and admittedly I have difficult skin at the moment, combination bu dehydrated, some textural issues and large pores... Along with dryness from using treatments on my chin... Also, I cannot use balm cleansers or anything like that so this foundation can be a challenge for me to remove. It would probably suit people with oily skin who don't have textural issues and like a made up look rather than a 'no makeup' look.

on 11/19/2016 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG foundation! I've been using this for years and it's never let me down. It stays on my face all day, and it breaks my heart at 10pm at night when it still looks flawless and I have to take it all off :(
When my skin changed In my early 20's due to pregnancy, it still stayed on my oily, slick breakout skin and hid the shine really well which was unbelievable cause my skin was super sensitive and red raw from my usual exfoliators no longer working on my post pregnancy skin.
Now that I use all the right skin care products and my skin's oil is completely under control, it just looks stunning and natural and has a glow that it gives my skin which I've never seen with makeup ever before.
I dot it all over my face from the bottle with clean fingers and use a beauty blender to blend it into my skin over the top of my concealer and primer. I then use a pressed power over the top to seal it and I don't re apply ever!! I use a micellar water makeup remover with a cotton pad to remove it and it comes off to easily in one wipe.
It looks matte and makes my skin look poreless and smooth.
The price is rough at $52 a bottle from Myer in Australia but a 30ml bottle literally lasts me a whole year because I only wear makeup twice a week as I run a business from my home so it's worth it for me.