Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

on 1/15/2018 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

If you have oily skin and want a long wear, medium coverage upon first coat, full coverage with 2 coats foundation, JUST GET IT. It really is the BEST on the market. I have been there, done that, and CONTINUE to venture out just out of curiosity and this remains untouchable for HG. All the other samples of enticing new foundations get tossed and I apologize to my double wear while kissing the bottle the next morning. Also, the shade match is the most impeccable I've found in ANY brand ever. A $42 bottle lasts me 2-3 months, and for almost every day use and such a reliable product, I find that to be a good price. My Estee Lauder counter gave me a pump for free & I just sanitize it and reuse it with each repurchase. But I think it's like 10 bucks, just get it if you don't make friends with your SA.

Disclaimers:
- Because the texture of this foundation is like PAINT (in a good way that feels very comfortable to the skin) you HAVE to have a moisturized base to lay it down on or it will NOT LOOK GOOD. It covers like a dream so if you have acne or issues you will love it, but you have to make sure your skin is hydrated first.
- If you are really oily like me, it's not a miraculous enough product that you still don't have to set with powder and setting spray. I start to look dewy at the 4-6 hour mark depending on the weather (but experience no dissappearance or patchiness which is why this is bomb). At that time I like to blot and/or apply pressed translucent powder and it looks good like I just applied for at least another 4 hours.
- Technique is very relative to how you're going to like this foundation. I find using a duo fibre brush to buff it in using light layers makes it look like my skin is naturally airbrushed. If you apply it with a damp beauty blender, it sheers it out alot & you get a very see thru light coverage, and I find the lasting power struggles even after setting powder and setting spray when using that method. Which might be what some people are going for, and in that case, applied that way those people will dig this foundation too.

on 12/16/2017 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Always avoided the foundation because it didn't cater to my skin tone. I recently realized they have expanded their line and went for a bottle.

I have had such bad luck with foundations lately. Nothing has been sticking past 2 hours. I only wore tinted moisturizer.

This works. I don't even have to set my foundation and it stays all day. Not the most beautiful finish from the get go but it melts into my skin within an hour and it looks great.

on 12/8/2017 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really love this foundation and it is the closest thing to perfect that I can find, which is why I see myself sticking to it for a long time to come. My skin is acne-prone and also very oily.

PROS-
Shade- a very good match to my fair, neutral skin (I use 1N1).

Coverage- a medium to full coverage. I find it covers my redness and acne/scarring quite well, but a little bit of redness does peek through.

Finish- definitely a matte foundation, although I find it isn't too much of a flat matte. If I don't set it, after about 15-30 minutes it becomes more of a soft matte.

Longevity- this foundation has the longest wear time that I have found on my very oily skin, about 7-9 hours of it looking quite good and me blotting once or twice. If I'm only wearing it for a few hours I've begun to not set my face w powder afterwards which is something unheard of w my skin.

CONS-
Formula- for me this is the biggest con. I find the liquid to be so thick and set so fast that it can be difficult to work with as it's more time consuming and feels heavier on the skin. It also cannot build on itself- I used to apply a little like concealer over any spots I had, but it would always set much darker than the rest of my face so I would end up having little orange splotches over the places I tried to cover. If you want full coverage you have to go in heavily w it cause once it sets, that's it. However I imagine this is the price one pays for a foundation with such good coverage and decent wear time.

Price- $46CAD is a lot for a foundation, however because you need so little to get the medium coverage I most often go for that to me it's worth it.

Longevity- as a con, my ideal foundation would last for about 12 hours, which this foundation simply cannot do on my oily skin. It just gets way too oily, begins to separate, and can sometimes pool into my pores so it looks like I have freckles of foundation.

Packaging- of course, cause no one likes that it doesn't come w a gd pump lol

OVERALL-
I had been on the hunt for a foundation that matched me well, did not break me out, and lasted a long time with my very oily skin for so damn long that for now ELDW is close enough. For now I am pleased with ELDW and very much recommend it to anyone w oily skin (altho my bff has very dry skin and it's her HG!)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Omg why didn't I try this sooner!! I wore it for the first time yesterday and I'm so impressed!!!

Pros:
-Beautiful finish- matte but not flat
-did not need a setting powder (I have Combo skin)
-Full coverage with one layer
-Perfect colour match (ivory nude- I'm 117 in had mufe, 120 mat velvet and buff in colorstay)
-stayed for the full 9 hours I wore it
-no transfer
- looks just as good at the end of the night as it did when I first applied it!
- didn't oxidize
- a little goes along way

Cons:
- no pump = messy and spillage prone
- you can definitely feel that you're wearing makeup
-does take more effort to remove than other foundations, but I mean duhhhhh ----with its lasting power, it should

So excited about this! I'm normally acne prone and my skin has been good for the last month until a couple days ago I got a food related break out- just in time for a big dinner party... So I decided to try this and I couldn't believe it-My skin looked flawless despite the breakout. I received several compliments on my skin at the party! Not my makeup but my skin- "wow you're skin looks great"! Awesome. I'll save this for special occasions tho since it does feel "heavy" (you don't forget that you have foundation on).
I used a beauty blender and let it set for 5 minutes before I did the rest of my makeup.

on 10/4/2017 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation does control oil and is long wearing, it lasts all day.
However, it is cakey, and it looks like your wearing a lot of foundation even if you use a smaller amount, and blend it in with a damp beauty blender with a good primer. It looks very heavy and crapey and my skin is normal/oily. I like this foundation mixed in with others or on top of other foundations, to build up coverage only where i need it. I love a full coverage but not when it looks like a thick cakey mask. This also oxidised slightly and emphasised pores. I dont think dry skin would like this at all. Its not bad for a night out, i know i can rely on it to last all night and at night no one can see my cakey face, but for day wear, big NO

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

First of all it oxidized on my skin within one hour after application.At the end of the day my skin look ashy.I have dry skin and this does not do any favor at all!Plus its way too expensive.
But if it works for your skin,good for you because this is the only foundation that did not break me out.

on 9/21/2017 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My mom used this. She didnt love it nor hate it. She never asked for a second bottle. She always goes back to wearibg Korean BB creams.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Purchased this to use as tattoo cover for a wedding. The reviews persuaded me. The coverage was strong, it definitely stayed put. But it had a few fatal flaws: The color was different in the bottle than what I was matched to at the makeup counter. Yes, I checked the bottle to see if there was a mix up, and no, there wasn't. The color on my neck, was a totally different tone than what came out of my bottle. And as the day wore on, the color changed, oxidized and became ashy in patches. It went on smooth, and cracked within an hour. I wasn't impressed for the price. Gave it away. Won't be purchasing again. Really? $50 and no pump?

on 9/8/2017 4:16:00 PM

I've been wearing this for a few years, tried things in between but always come back to this. I need something matte and long wearing that doesn't break me out or clog my pores. I have oily, large pores, acne prone skin btw & I can't use anything with SD alcohol aka alcohol denat. because of my sensitive skin.
Tarte - Breaks me out
MUFE mat velvet + - Caused overload of oil production
Nars luminous - I was luminous alright
Nars TM- greasy mess
Laura Mercier TM - See above
Too faced Peach - Looked dull and broke me out after a week of daily wear

... anyways you get the idea, nothing works for me. I continue the hunt for something less heavy duty that can control my oil or at least not leave me looking messy, until then I wear ELDW on the daily. Winter I am 2N1 Desert Beige and sometimes Sand, then in summer I am the shade Tawny.

This is best applied with a brush or sponge - fingers work in a pinch but it doesn't blur/fill as well

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My holy grail foundation! The best for coverage and for combination/oily skin!