Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 1/24/2017 9:24:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ah double wear foundation! I dont want to but I love you so much!!
On those days (most days) when i wake up and look in the mirror , thinking about all the stuff I gotta do and not wanting to face it all looking washed up & crappy I turn to you...and i KNOW whatever else goes on during the day my makeups not gonna let me down and its basically one less worry! So if anyones reading this wondering if its worth the price/hype , my humble opinion is, it is!

Have been buying for 3/4 years now and its quality foundation.
Bought 'shell' shade first, was too pink.
'Honey bronze' very nice, veeeery tan...(ma skin is quite fair skin!! Who cares :) i like being tan)
'Tawny' very nice, too pale (i prefer yellow undertones, think it counteracts any redness & looks nicer on my skin) good for winter
'Cashew' shade am using right now. Love it. Nice and yellow and tanned looking. But there are tons of shades to choose from. Get testers first :)

Apply with brush. Apply serum , sunblock under and rimmel powder to set.
Drink the coffee, slap on the makeup and its all that bit brighter!

on 1/12/2017 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have use several high end foundations but kept regularly going back to Almay TLC. I have wanted to get away from Almay however because of the sunscreen in it. It sounds crazy, I know, but it seems to irritate my skin using it every single day and becomes slightly drying.

I wanted to find something with good coverage that is matte and non-drying. Almay is borderline TOO matte. This is the first nice thing about Double Wear is that it absorbs oil but not excessively. I usually wear neautral ivory/naked drug store foundations and ECRU 1N2 is a perfect match for me. I mean perfect - it doesn't even need to be blended into my neck really.

The coverage in my opinion is moderate - not full coverage unless you use a heavy hand or 2 layers. I touch up with a concealer if I have a bigger pimple.

Minus the hefty price tag and the face that it has no pump(ALMAY PUMP FITS THIS BY THE WAY - just cut down the pump straw), I'd say this is my new HG. It looks great, lasts, blends well, doesn't irritate, and feels nice on my face. They also have a great color selection if you tend to be more difficult to match/have a very neutral skin color like me.

on 1/11/2017 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've used double wear for a while now and at first I LOVED it for it's amazing long-lasting coverage. However, it soon started sitting in my fine lines and seemed to dry before I could blend it properly with a brush. I definitely recommend a damp beauty blender to apply it and because it's so dry, I wouldn't use it without moisturiser and the right primer. I found velvety finish primers like Benefit POREfessional didn't work well with it, but that might just be my skin. I use the lightest warm tone - 1W1 Bone and it's a good match. The packaging is horrid, but I have repurchased and probably will again. Prefer not to use it for everyday foundation but it's perfect for a full glam look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Love this foundation!! It is great for oily skin and even though I have acne prone skin, it has never broken me out. I have used it since 2014. It starts to look kinda worn off or melted in like 8-9 hours, but it's not bad in terms of staying power

It is a thicker consistency and should be used with a brush or sponge, as the fingers would look less natural

Received this as a Christmas present (from my sister who went with me to get colour matched) so have not used it that much but here are my thoughts on it so far. I wore shade 2W1 Dawn
PROs:
Long lasting -over 10hour wear so far,
budge-proof,
Reasonably large colour range,
Dries fast and does not need setting with powder (unless in areas that are oily)
Didn't break me out and also feels really lightweight!

CONs
Quite difficult to clean off every bit with just face cleanser as it is so budge-proof but easy if you have an oil cleansing balm.
Shade was matched perfectly in store but it is much more orange on me in natural lighting!
Dries fast so you have to apply it quickly!
No pump and so poured way too much and so some went to waste.
It bunches up together around my nose but with a bit of strobe cream mixed it seemed to fix that problem!

Final thoughts:
It's an alright foundation but probably would buy a lighter shade!
Looks better as time goes on!
You would probably need to buy a pump (if you can find one that fits)
Works well with brushes more than a sponge (for me)
Little drying on non oily areas of my face as it is a matte foundation
Helps other makeup stay put longer!
This is a light to medium coverage foundation but buildable, as my freckles were still incredibly visible with one layer but two covered them well.
If you have got dry skin and still want to purchase this, (even though it is formulated more for the combination-oily skin types) you should definitely moisturise well before and leave it all to soak in before you apply your foundation!
Overall I like this foundation but there are cheaper drugstore alternatives that I like more!

EDIT: MAC PUMP FITS PERFECTLY!!!

I wanted to try this foundation for a long time but because it's very pricy I waited. I got a $20 off from Sephora so I thought this would be perfect time to try. I have to say I'm very disappointed and glad I did not pay full price for the product. The reason why I don't like it is that it accentuates my large pores and it has a rather chalky appearance- I guess some may say matte. Otherwise the colour is very beautiful and it does last a full day. The lasting part is important for me as all other products I try just don't have staying power. This product may be perfect for someone with discolouration because it has excellent coverage but not for someone with large pores or wrinkles. The bottle is nice, heavy glass. But, unfortunately there is no pump so hard to get product out. Maybe this product will be better for summer when my skin is more greasy...but then I'm not sure I want a heavy looking foundation for summer. Colour I purchased is 1W1 Bone. It's one of the lightest ones. I won't repurchase

on 12/28/2016 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first high end foundation I have purchased, and I am pretty happy with it. I cannot wear it everyday, or else my skin gets too clogged because it can be quite heavy on the skin. It is a high medium coverage that is buildable, but be careful because it can look cakey. I have pretty oily skin and this holds up and keeps me matte the longest without a mattifying primer (about 4 hours before I need to blot). The scent reminds me of paint, and you need to work fast with this foundation because it dries pretty quickly. I really do enjoy this foundation!

on 12/25/2016 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I had this one, i really wanted to love it, but no. Firstly, the bottle is such a mess. 60 euro foundation needs a pump. The foundation itself has extremely powdery consistency, it makes smears while blending. After a few hours it highlights my pores and other imperfections so bad and it also melts like crazy. Oxidize in 2 hours or less. This is just no.

on 12/20/2016 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After so long since i last shopped for foundation I finally got my hands on this! Didnt regret purchasing this one. I must say this beats my MAC prolongwear foundation. The E.L's promoter matched my shade using this particular detector and test it out with another shade to compare, and the shade detected was the one that matches me perfectly!
I applied it using my beauty blender and it's FLAWLESS. Don't really need much touch ups during the day except for my nose and forehead which is something i can't help. But last me throughout the day despite how busy I am with long working hours. Found my new favourite already that suits my skin perfectly. Got to try applying it with a brush someday and see how it looks like! The only thing that i do not like is the packaging; the product is kinda runny so it makes it a little messy when you wanna pour it.

on 12/19/2016 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Best foundation I have tried, I have very pale skin and the shade 1N1 matched me really well.I do have ance problems and very oily skin and it does good job for both of them.Medium to full coverage, buildable enough but you have to work quickly in my opinion.It stays flawless for at least 8 hours which is the least time I wear it every day.It works perfectly with the double wear concealer, It doesnt make my big pores stand out neither my pimples.And it has a perfect matte finish without looking dry af.