Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 7/10/2017 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

It's been awhile since iv been on to review all my new Summer products iv bought,but as i was reviewing the new Estee Edit i realized id never said how i felt ab this awesome foundation! In short,even the worst reviews iv read ab ED double wear,i found seemed to be quite happy with it anyway,and i will say for a girl with semi normal skin, until this year anyway,I'm now experiencing dry moments AND oily ones as of this Summer so i can officially say this is a must have for ALL skin types! When i used when i had normal skin,i used a foundation brush and got full coverage and only used my norm moisturizer and primer.. Now? Whether I'm having a cakey or oily day,double wear STILL gives full coverage! The only thing i find difficult ab it is if your a BB girl,it dries fast causing creases BUT as long you use a good brush or even a damp BB,this will help sooo much! All in all this is one of the two foundations i currently use that i can ALWAYS count on! xo

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This foundation definitely stays in place like it says but it seems to show more than hide my pores. I have large pores and use Benefits Porefessional as well as a primer but it still manages to show them which could be different with others. My skin is very pale so it is hard to find a foundation that matches my skin tone and doesn't leave me looking like a Cheeto but I use the shade Ivory Nude and use loose, translucent face powder to set it and so far that has worked for me in not achieving the Cheeto look lol. It's worth the money and lasts a while, I would just recommend experimenting with it and seeing how you can optimize it to its full potential.

on 7/9/2017 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this foundation. It's my all time favorite, and my go to foundation if I want my makeup to look flawless and last all day. My skin is quite dry, but this foundation does not cling to the dry patches nor does it make my skin look patchy. This foundation last all day, and does not get oily. The foundation sets well, and feels like skin. Not sticky at all, but not drying either. Even though this foundation is "double wear" it looks pretty natural on my skin. I like the packaging, but i would prefer if it had a pump. But it's not a problem, once you get used to it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Best foundation i have ever tried. The only con is the fact that it doesn't come with pump.

Wow, this is one tenacious foundation. I was skeptical before trying it but it really does stay put on my oily nose.

I got "color matched" to wrong shade but got a sample before buying. I am NC15 and the SA gave me equivalent of NC30ish. I used Temptalia's Foundation matrix and went in and asked for 1W1 Warm Bone sample. It is the palest yellow toned shade in this foundation. At first I was put off as it is very yellow. I started using up the sample just on my very red nose & cheeks. I was blown away by the coverage and staying power. The match is pretty good though if I wanted to perfectly match my neck they would need a paler yellow toned shade. I then started using just small dabs on the rest of my face that I blended out carefully. I find my fingers work best for blending. You have sufficient time to blend but it does set fairly quickly. I blend in a paler foundation (Laura Mercier) along my jaw line into this foundation and it works quite well so no distinct demarcation line from face to neck.

It doesn't totally cover my hyperpigmentation but I don't expect a foundation to do that. For me it gives very good coverage and I use enough to improve my skin but also to let my skin show. I don't get how anyone could use 1 or 2 pumps (with added pump) on their face and it not look cakey....that is just too much. And anyone with super dry skin won't be happy with this unless they prep with a good moisturizer. I use over sunscreen with good results.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Shade: 2W2 Rattan
Current skin tone: NC30

This is the best foundation I've tried so far, and I've tried many high end like UD All Nighter to drugstore like Freedom UK. I have extremely oily skin and live in a tropical climate, so imagine how difficult it is for foundation not to be a greasy mess on me. I find the coverage just okay, it's not full in my eyes, some of my dark spots still peek through unlike say the Becca Full Cover Creme. It does a great job of controlling oil and is very long lasting, but my favourite part is it does not crease on me. Every foundation creases around my nose and laugh lines, but not Double Wear.
The shade does not completely match me, because of my work I got a tan yet their medium shades are too dark for me. Nevertheless I like this foundation very much, I would like it more if it had a smoother finish (I know matte foundations will always emphasise fine lines and texture more) and if it had a pump because I have to add $10 for a MAC pump. In Singapore this costs a hefty 62$ but on days were I needed it to stick to my skin I'm glad I paid that money.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I had wanted to try this for ages after hearing so much about it so I went and got my free 10 day sample. If I'm going to be honest I don't really know what all the fuss is about. It's good because it gives good coverage and lasts a long time but in my opinion it is a bit of an old lady foundation, it looks incredibly thick on the skin. I find it difficult to apply because it doesn't blend easily and I have to use a lot of product. I don't like the fact there isn't a pump or an applicator of some sort. I still have to use an oil absorbing sheet at lunchtime when I wear this. Ultimately I think it just comes down to preference, if you don't mind a heavy look then it will suit you but I prefer to look youthful and healthy with a good complexion rather than like I'm caked in make up.

on 4/23/2017 5:41:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

best foundation ever.

on 4/9/2017 5:16:00 PM

I can't say enough about this foundation. I have oily acne prone skin and it lasts all day and doesn't break me out. I found the perfect shade for my skin tone. One trick is that I mix it with a little Advanced Night repair. It gives my skin more of a glow and makes my foundation more comfortable. I will never use another foundation!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I purchased this as all of the foundations I have previously used have worn off by around 3pm, and I had heard great things about its staying power. Unfortunately it was so patchy on my skin by the afternoon, and clung to any dry bits that I still had to reapply later in the day. I also found it too thick, and resorted to mixing it with my moisturiser as the coverage was too intense and made me look like I'd piled it on.