Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

on 5/17/2018 5:04:00 PM

pros:
med to full coverage
matte and do not need to set with powder (i have oily combo skin this keeps me matte all day)
long lasting
great color selection, (nc20-25, 2w1 dawn in this foundation)

cons:
broke me out and very skin congesting
can look dry and cakey if put too much on or if you dont moisturize well enough
smells a bit odd
no pump

on 5/7/2018 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My HG foundation for over ten years! I have oily, acne-prone skin, so I like a matte, longlasting finish and this does the deed. This is almost full coverage, but you can sheer it out if you want to (add a bit of moisturizer) on 'natural' days or build it up on 'bad skin days'. You only need a small amount, because if you use too much, it will look cakey. If you are more on the dry/normal side it might accentuate dry patches, so moisturise well before using this. The bottle is glass, so not that great for traveling. It doesn't come with a pump (sigh..) but you can buy one separately. The smell is quite neutral and faint, not disturbing or anything at all. Despite the price, which is quite high, I will keep repurchasing because this gives me a nice finish, good coverage and lasts most of the day (with setting powder on top), and I have not find any other (drugstore or luxury) foundation to match this one. I also really appreciate the fact that they have a wide array of shades with different undertones, from very fair to very dark, although my shade is only available online in my country. I am a NW15-20 in Mac (fair with cool undertones) for reference and I use 1n2 Ecru in EL Double Wear (I can make 2n1 Desert Beige also work for me). Note: I prefer the neutral undertone to the more pinkish undertone of the c-shades (c=cool, n=neutral, w=warm).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Some MU items are classic for a reason. Very few MU products become instant HGs to me and this is one of them. I'm so happy with my purchase. It's highly covering and gives a beautiful finish. It's called a "stay-in-place MU", let me tell you, it does NOT move all day. I swear, I wore it for over 12 hours as I was travelling and my face still looked good at the end ! I agree with other reviewers as it gets better as the day goes by. However, it dries quite fast so you need to blend it quickly. I find it works perfectly with the RT complexion brush. I like that it has no pump because I can control how much product I need, you usually end up with more than you want with pumps.

on 4/27/2018 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Definitely my HG foundation. Double Ware does not budge on my combination skin for at least 12 hours easily and looks honestly much better on my face at the end of the day than most other foundations look in 4-5 hours.
I prefer applying it with a damp beauty sponge on a well moisturized and primed skin. I noticed that I need much smaller amount of product than when working with most other foundations I've tried. With just one very thin layer and a damp sponge I can easily get high-medium or light-high coverage which I really enjoy even for an everyday look. It looks quite natural, I have never experienced cakyness with Double Ware (I think applying it in very thin layers and not more than 1-2 layers helps in that regard). I normally set it very lightly with a bit of a setting powder and I usually don't need any touch-ups during the entire day (not even on my T-zone).
I truly love it and don't even know why I have another 5 different foundations at the moment when all I want to use is Double Ware :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i didn't buy it.I tried a sample and i didn't like it.Too heavy for me and expensive.if you are very oily,don't recommend it.The best foundation for me is L'oreal infallible 24.It doesn't stay 24 hours of course, only 3(at least for me) but it is cheap unlike Lancome and Estee Lauder which are expensive brands.Still searching the foundation that lasts at least 6 hours.Maybe i should blame my moisture.I don't know.

on 3/14/2018 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This had full coverage and lasted a long time on my skin, but I really didn't notice a huge difference between this and my Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless. It was also a little bit too matte for me (even more matte than the Maybelline foundation) so I would not repurchase this and would prefer to get the drugstore option.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my 2nd try. I've used mineral powders in the past but need something with more coverage and staying power since getting more "mature" skin. I've also become a bit drier in areas through I do have some break through shiny areas come through as the day progresses on my T Zone area. My first effort with using double wear was frustrating. I had trouble getting anyone to match me right Either too orange or pink) and I used either my fingers or a beauty blender to apply. I found that the product would crease up by my nose and chin and just did not have a natural look at all but looked more like a mask. This time I found the closest shade I could that match with golden glow compact powder by Jane Irdale, since it was a good match. I went with the shade Tawny. This time I appied it with a foundation brush, buffing it in lightly and just building on the redness by my nose and under my eyes. Looks MUCH better with a brush on me. I do not have to use much product at all. Covers my reddness great! Pores are unseen and it didn't crease up the light lines I have under my eyes. Also didn't show up any dry spots and I LOVE the finish, looks very natural without looking or feeling caked on. I don't need a concealer or a finishing powder when I use this though I do throw on a tiny bit of bye bye pores powder on my T Zone keeps me fresh all day long. Also the staying time with this is incredible! And no transferring! I feel that it does oxidize little on me but comes to a great match that melts into my skin that doesn't become orange or a funky pink. Only down side is having to really make sure I cleanse my face well at night to remove it but it's the price you pay for a product that stays on during the day, and of course the cost.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I used this foundation for a long hour event, I put on my makeup at 4 am and my makeup still looked good even after 12 hours.
This foundation works like heaven on my normal-dry & sensitive skin, though I had to mix this foundation with a little pump of my Clinique Even Better. The shade matches my skin perfectly. But the cons of this product is the packaging. I've spilled a good amount of this foundation a few times, because this product don't have a pump. But, over all; H A N D S D O W N! I love this product!

on 2/17/2018 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best high end long wear foundation ever! Love the coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is fantastic. Makes my skin look flawless and without that horrible mask like look. Plus it lasts. This is my favorite "going out" foundation.

You do have to exfoliate well and moisturize before applying, that's for sure.

One problem is that I wish it came with a pump.