Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by hair type : Other
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

3.9

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm having mixed feelings about this product. I have a very oily skin, but I also have a lot of flakiness from dry patches.

Yes, this foundation does stay matte for a loooooong period of time. I am loving this aspect of the foundation and I can understand why it's so well loved by many who has oily skin.

However, it's not that great for those who suffers from acne, textured skin etc. The foundation is so matte that it actually dries the skin (probably because of the presence of alcohol). It makes my skin look so old and bad. Maybe it's just because I haven't moisturise my face enough, or that I didn't exfoliate my face before using this foundation.

I'm just really not loving this foundation as much as I wanted to... Maybe I'll give it another try when my skin is in a better condition.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this foundation I was matched in sephora however the color match oxidised and at the end of my 8 hrs shift I look like the anoying orange so I remached myself several shades apart with my warm neutral undertones it's gives me full coverage first I must say I have oily skin ,it's one of my HG, I gives good coverage last well over 8 hrs and does not give a mask effect on the face.

on 5/11/2017 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my new HG foundation. My skin is oily so it doesn't look matte on my skin, it feels quite light (I'm happy with medium coverage so I don't use too much) and it didn't break me out so far. It's the only foundation I tried that didn't disappear from my skin after 10 hours and it actually looked quite nice at the end of the day. The only thing I dislike it's the packaging.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

When you need coverage and longevity Double Wear is still the gold standard for a department store foundation. Now that it has been out 20 plus years, I would like to see the formula tweaked to look more modern and skin like. I recommend going extremely light with your powder or it is going to be a heavy and very unnatural look. A dusting of loose only on the nose cheeks forehead and chin is all that should be needed no matter the skin type, and many should be able to get away with just blotting the foundation once it sets to take off the top most shine left over. I personally like to see it without a powder on normal skin types. Be aware you will need good facial cleanser to remove Double Wear or you may start having breakouts. Many of the cleansing facial oils work well to break it down, and even after that I would suggest a foaming cleanser or at least a swiping of toner to make sure all traces are wiped away. I've seen many women through the years who would splurge on their Double Wear and skimp on their cleanser and it just does work out. Be careful about the bottle. It is glass and there is no pump. Don't dip dirty fingers or brushes on the open top. I wish Estee Lauder would make a pump. Really cheap on their part for such a high end and well loved product.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This was my go to foundation for years. It's very nice, light and has good sheer coverage, with layering approaching a moderate finish. It is expensive, but has a very nice feel, look and texture. However I have found that I like Too Faced Born This Way better. If you don't want/need the moderate coverage of BTW then this is a very nice foundation. It has a nice satin finish and looks and feels very light.

on 4/10/2017 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has been my favourite and go-to foundation since 11 years ago. I have oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin with a lot of acne scars. This covers very well, doesn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts, looks nice and it's the only foundation that lasts on my oily face for more than 7 hours. Occasionally, I tried out other foundation but haven't found another one that beats this. Some people say it's cakey, but I have no issue with it because I always use moisturizer with SPF 30+ underneath it and apply it with thin layer and gradually build the coverage in areas that require a bit more coverage. It doesn't work well with brushes. The best way to apply it is with a sponge blender or BB. It does take a bit more effort to take it off thoroughly because it has very good staying power. I don't think it's full coverage because it allows some skin imperfections showing through even after two layers. It's a decent medium coverage foundation that it's suitable for oily, combination or normal skin. I wish it comes with a pump though.

For reference, my MAC shade is MAC 15-25. I wear DW shade 1W2 Sand and 2W1 Dawn.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is absolutely worth the price and the awkward bottle.
As someone with pretty oily skin, blemishes, and redness, this works wonders.
This never transfers, even after my oils start to come through later through the day. It blends amazingly, however I would recommend the use of a Beauty Blender, or other sponge, over a brush because this helps marry the foundation with the skin much more naturally.
The colours selection is fantastic, and as the very lightest shade (1C0 Shell), I was so impressed with all the choice, and how well it matches me.
I do have gripes with this foundation however. I find I need to use a pore filling primer underneath this (Benefit POREfessional is my personal favourite), as it can sit a little odd in my nose pores. It can be very drying for those with more combo skin, so I use a moisturiser beforehand. However, this can mix nicely with your moisturiser for a more radiant finish. It doesn't come with a pump, which sucks, but to me, I don't tend to mind because the product is so good. I cannot recommend this enough. A lot of people dupe the Revlon Colourstay with this, but I have to be honest, this is so much bette. It doesn't break me out, it looks beautiful, and it lasts all day.
Absolutely invest in this if you can.

on 4/8/2017 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Packaging needs improvement. It's so dated not to have a pump to dispense the foundation.

Aside from that, oily and pimply girls like me would enjoy this foundation A LOT. It doesn't break me out and stays on 16 hours no joke. I do feel a huge difference on days I don't use it as I will experience oily skin after a long day at work. Would purchase this over and over again.

on 1/19/2017 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Anyways..

CHARACTERISTICS;
-SPF 10 (some like it, others don't,but that makes it not ideal for flash photography)
-1.0 οz(30 ml)

PROS;
- It stays on all day long
-Very lightweight
-Medium,buildable coverage
-Doesn't make you look cakey or super matte,has a semi-matte but kinda natural finish
-Perfect for normal to oily skin

CONS;
-Not suitable for dry skin
-It's pricey (Sephora does a 40% off on Estee Lauder at times, so that makes it more affordable)
-It doesn't have a pump, and the container may may make it hard for you to reach all of the product.

on 12/3/2016 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a staple foundation in my collection. I will warn you this is defiantly a full coverage foundation on the matte side. If you like more a light, dewy foundation this is defiantly not for you. This is not a natural looking foundation. I wear this on days I want my foundation to last the whole day and cover everything. It is a great foundation and looks really nice on the skin. Good choice for oily skinnned girls. I took took off a lippy as for the price it should have a pump.