Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by hair type : Other
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

3.9

Love Love Love!!! This is my favourite foundation!
It does exactly what they say it will do, which is "Stay in Place". I apply this early morning, and wear it all day which for me is a minimum 12 hours, and I don't have to touch it up at all.
I should note, my skin is normal/dry, but def not oily. This goes on really easily and it's great to blend, it gives you enough time to get it right before it sets. And when it does set it's not chalky or cement like, its soft and light and feels comfortable on.
I always use a primer before any foundation, and I do with this one too so I'm not sure if it would hold as long without primer (but I reckon it would).
I use to wear the MAC Pro Longwear but that was way too drying and would crack after about 5 hours.
This one is not as dry as the MAC, but it somehow stays matte all day, it literally doesn't move and it is NOT CAKEY - if anyone says this is a cakey product then you're obviously applying something too heavy underneath.
Some people are complaining about the fact that the bottle doesn't have a pump but seriously, who cares!! When the product is this good no pump is the least of my worries.
Its a bit pricey $58 a bottle, but you really do get what you pay for and the price doesn't put me off. I can't fault this at all and I know a few others that use it and love it just as much as me.
Thanks Estee Lauder, finally the perfect foundation has been produced!
HUGE thumbs up!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A super-helpful SA at Estee Lauder counter in Selfridges, London - UK told me this is the UK's best-selling foundation and it was precisely at that point I decided I just had to try it for myself! She tried a few different shades on me and in the end settled on giving me a sample of this in 3W1.5 (Fawn). I applied it eagerly the next morning in place of my CC cream. Well...it stayed put throughout the day. By the time I got back in that evening it was 9pm and other than a touch of shine on my t-zone (nothing that a few blotting papers couldn't sort out) I was happy to see the foundation hadn't settled into my pores or accentuated any fine lines.

The coverage is buildable and somewhere in the 'medium' category. It didn't transfer onto any of the many clothes I tried on whilst out shopping and if it had an SPF higher than 10 this would be amongst one of my favorite foundations. I did find the tone slightly light for my skin tone with a noticeable beige undertone, however it wasn't too far off and if given more time I'm sure the SA would have been able to find a precise match for me.

To put it to the test I kept what was left in my sample tube and tried it for a day in the real deal (Miami in mid-summer). Again it did not budge or transfer. The shine did increase - and not just nose, but the rest of my face too. But to be fair it wasn't a huge issue and I've yet to find a foundation that isn't gong to do that when the heat and humidity is turned up to full blast.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 8/9/2018 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Firstly, this foundation is very pricey. Doesn't even come with a pump or any applicator.

Secondly, terrible oxidation. Looks fine when applied but turned my skin into Annoying Orange -both colour and texture (yes I do have a few textures but this foundation just amplifies it, thanks a lot.)

Lastly, it feels heavy, tacky and uncomfortable.

Seriously, who allowed this foundation to be sold on the shelf?

on 6/13/2018 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I just don’t like this foundation and I really tried to. It’s like house paint! I tried to use it as sparingly as possible and it just made me look old and tired. I don’t think it leaves a flattering finish at all! I’m super oily and break through every foundation, but this was like sludge by the 4 hour mark. One of the worst I’ve used. Drying too.

It is with an extremely heavy heart that I write this long overdue conclusion that truly grieves me. My relationship with this foundation has endured for 3 years and although I was deeply in denial for the majority of that time I can now face reality and say definitively that Estee Lauder Double Wear breaks me out. Basically, I am both a makeup junkie and someone that takes very good care of her skin. I never fall asleep in my makeup and even when stumbling into my house drunk at 3AM after a wild party I still indulge in my skincare routine. I use the double or triple cleansing method where I remove makeup with a cleansing oil, use a face wash and follow up with a toner and a chemical exfoliant like glycolic acid, AHA, BHA etc. The only reason I'm even sharing this information is because I feel like whenever someone pops up and accuses Double Wear of residual effects people are so quick to judge like "Well maybe you're not removing it properly" or "It could be something else in your beauty routine".
For years I was convincing myself that it was my face wash, moisturizer, primer, diet, dehydration, pollen in the air, my cat etc. I never considered for a moment that it was in fact this foundation because I just didn't want to believe it. It is the #1 bestselling foundation and the fancy blue box itself claims the formula is non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic. I also find it strange that although I am not the only person who has experienced this nobody has been able to successfully pinpoint the actual ingredient(s) that may be causing breakouts. The truth is anytime I have this in my makeup rotation and especially when I wear it on a continual basis my pores become clogged, my complexion looks dull and I get these wet angry pimples on my chin and jaw area. But when I put this at the back of my makeup drawer and use other foundations my skin mysteriously clears up to the point I honestly don't even need a foundation. Its like the more I wear ELDW the more I need to wear it because my skin looks so bad.

I'm just so heartbroken about this because I adored literally everything about this foundation for a very long time. I recently bought a new bottle and I will likely return it because I am no longer willing to have pimply unattractive skin so I can continue to wear it. It's time to break up and finally let Estee Lauder Double Wear go...

on 5/3/2018 7:49:00 PM

This is my holy grail foundation.

It looks great after initial application. But what made it my go to is that as it wears during the day, it gets a little more dewey looking on my combo (leaning towards oily) skin. But dewey in a good, “I’m naturally glowing” way. It really wears off beautifully (all foundations wear off as the day goes on, it’s just HOW they wear off on your skin that’s important!). Personally, I’ve never had any issues with it gathering or wiping off the way other foundations have.

The only thing people have to be careful with is that this can look cakey if you apply too much OR if your skin isn’t properly hydrated beforehand. However, that’s a problem that can be worked around once you find out the best way to prep your skin and apply.

Personally, I feel like people with oily skin types and those looks for medium leaning towards high coverage (with spot concealing on problematic areas b/c zit redness/discoloration still peeks through on me) would really enjoy this foundation.Those with dry skin or those that want a lot of coverage after initial application may not be too into it as it would probably look cakey by the end of the day.

I wanted to love this. It really does last all day and does not feel heavy on your face. The color range is ok i am about NC 35 and had to go with Tawny. There is a scent to this product and it applies well with either BB or brush. But it is just not workable if you have any dryness. It is almost too matte and sets very quickly so you can't really blend it well. It also imho does not seem to build well on top, it looks very obvious. I even tried mixing in different things to make the texture better (primer/moisturizer/oil) but then the foundation almost separated and would not apply well, like it would lift. I am in Canada and think the ELDW sold here and outside of the US is a different formulation maybe because reading other reviews it seems to be a common issue for people outside the US. It is $48 CDN and does not come with a pump (WTF EL.)

This is my GO-TO foundation - every time I find myself trying different foundations to find something better, I come back to this one because there is nothing better. In a foundation, I like medium to full coverage, non transferable, does not go into fine lines, and swear proof. This foundation covers all the requirements! I went to Cali last year and I have a sweating problem on my nose which ruins my foundation most of the time. The sweat did initially break through from the foundation and I had dots of foundation missing but once I was indoors, the foundation just settled back into place again!!!! I been using this for so many years and will continue doing so.

on 2/2/2018 5:17:00 AM

Double wear is the most amazing coverage, I struggled with a good color match. The new 3.15 Fawn is an exact match for my light / medium olive skin. I couldn’t be happier unless they start making in the nude water fresh.

on 1/31/2018 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

absolutely love this foundation. It's my all time favorite, and my go to foundation if I want my makeup to look flawless and last all day. My skin is quite dry, but this foundation does not cling to the dry patches nor does it make my skin look patchy. This foundation last all day, and does not get oily. The foundation sets well, and feels like skin. Not sticky at all, but not drying either. Even though this foundation is "double wear" it looks pretty natural on my skin. I like the packaging, but i would prefer if it had a pump. But it's not a problem, once you get used to it.