Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by hair type : Other
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

I wanted to love this. It really does last all day and does not feel heavy on your face. The color range is ok i am about NC 35 and had to go with Tawny. There is a scent to this product and it applies well with either BB or brush. But it is just not workable if you have any dryness. It is almost too matte and sets very quickly so you can't really blend it well. It also imho does not seem to build well on top, it looks very obvious. I even tried mixing in different things to make the texture better (primer/moisturizer/oil) but then the foundation almost separated and would not apply well, like it would lift. I am in Canada and think the ELDW sold here and outside of the US is a different formulation maybe because reading other reviews it seems to be a common issue for people outside the US. It is $48 CDN and does not come with a pump (WTF EL.)

This is my GO-TO foundation - every time I find myself trying different foundations to find something better, I come back to this one because there is nothing better. In a foundation, I like medium to full coverage, non transferable, does not go into fine lines, and swear proof. This foundation covers all the requirements! I went to Cali last year and I have a sweating problem on my nose which ruins my foundation most of the time. The sweat did initially break through from the foundation and I had dots of foundation missing but once I was indoors, the foundation just settled back into place again!!!! I been using this for so many years and will continue doing so.

PALE GIRLS REJOICE!!! Lets just take a moment to hail Estee Lauder for finally bringing back the shade 1C0 Shell. This has been a long time coming and I'm so ecstatic as I write this review hugging my brand new bottle of Double Wear in this highly coveted pale shade that was shamefully discontinued many years ago. The discontinuation of this particular shade sent a lot of fair skinned women in distress because they no longer had a shade match in their beloved Estee Lauder Double Wear - it also meant doing crazy stuff like considering buying a bottle on Ebay for an extortionate price or trying to hunt it down whilst on vacation in Europe. They sell different shades of Double Wear in different countries its actually rather interesting if you are a ELDW obsessee. Other new shades have also been released and are now available on the official Estee Lauder website, Sephora etc. We already know how amazing this foundation is so I just wanted to come here to spread the word about the new shades. There's a gazillion reviews on how great this stuff is so I'll cut my rambling short here.

For anyone who is interested the new shades are 1C0 Shell, 2N2 Buff, 3W1.5 Fawn and 5W1.5 Cinnamon.

on 2/2/2018 5:17:00 AM

Double wear is the most amazing coverage, I struggled with a good color match. The new 3.15 Fawn is an exact match for my light / medium olive skin. I couldn’t be happier unless they start making in the nude water fresh.

on 1/31/2018 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

absolutely love this foundation. It's my all time favorite, and my go to foundation if I want my makeup to look flawless and last all day. My skin is quite dry, but this foundation does not cling to the dry patches nor does it make my skin look patchy. This foundation last all day, and does not get oily. The foundation sets well, and feels like skin. Not sticky at all, but not drying either. Even though this foundation is "double wear" it looks pretty natural on my skin. I like the packaging, but i would prefer if it had a pump. But it's not a problem, once you get used to it.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm having mixed feelings about this product. I have a very oily skin, but I also have a lot of flakiness from dry patches.

Yes, this foundation does stay matte for a loooooong period of time. I am loving this aspect of the foundation and I can understand why it's so well loved by many who has oily skin.

However, it's not that great for those who suffers from acne, textured skin etc. The foundation is so matte that it actually dries the skin (probably because of the presence of alcohol). It makes my skin look so old and bad. Maybe it's just because I haven't moisturise my face enough, or that I didn't exfoliate my face before using this foundation.

I'm just really not loving this foundation as much as I wanted to... Maybe I'll give it another try when my skin is in a better condition.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this foundation I was matched in sephora however the color match oxidised and at the end of my 8 hrs shift I look like the anoying orange so I remached myself several shades apart with my warm neutral undertones it's gives me full coverage first I must say I have oily skin ,it's one of my HG, I gives good coverage last well over 8 hrs and does not give a mask effect on the face.

on 5/11/2017 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my new HG foundation. My skin is oily so it doesn't look matte on my skin, it feels quite light (I'm happy with medium coverage so I don't use too much) and it didn't break me out so far. It's the only foundation I tried that didn't disappear from my skin after 10 hours and it actually looked quite nice at the end of the day. The only thing I dislike it's the packaging.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

When you need coverage and longevity Double Wear is still the gold standard for a department store foundation. Now that it has been out 20 plus years, I would like to see the formula tweaked to look more modern and skin like. I recommend going extremely light with your powder or it is going to be a heavy and very unnatural look. A dusting of loose only on the nose cheeks forehead and chin is all that should be needed no matter the skin type, and many should be able to get away with just blotting the foundation once it sets to take off the top most shine left over. I personally like to see it without a powder on normal skin types. Be aware you will need good facial cleanser to remove Double Wear or you may start having breakouts. Many of the cleansing facial oils work well to break it down, and even after that I would suggest a foaming cleanser or at least a swiping of toner to make sure all traces are wiped away. I've seen many women through the years who would splurge on their Double Wear and skimp on their cleanser and it just does work out. Be careful about the bottle. It is glass and there is no pump. Don't dip dirty fingers or brushes on the open top. I wish Estee Lauder would make a pump. Really cheap on their part for such a high end and well loved product.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This was my go to foundation for years. It's very nice, light and has good sheer coverage, with layering approaching a moderate finish. It is expensive, but has a very nice feel, look and texture. However I have found that I like Too Faced Born This Way better. If you don't want/need the moderate coverage of BTW then this is a very nice foundation. It has a nice satin finish and looks and feels very light.