Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

on 2/23/2018 6:40:00 PM

A mind blower. Before starting to use makeup like crazy :)... I used to look at models and wonder how they get this flawless, wax like skin... I only experienced that same look after I got the double wear. First when I wanted a foundation I got the Lancome one, but than I read all the reviews and watched reviews on YouTube. It is almost at 5 stars rating by thousands of people. I thought I must try it. I had a 20% coupon from Estee Lauder so I used it for a foundation and a concealer. From the first time I applied it I fell in love with it. It has a super full coverage. It looks flawless but not like skin. So you can tell that someone is wearing foundation. It doesn't get cakey and is very long lasting. It stays the same from morning till you take it off with makeup remover. It does NOT oxidize at all nor change its color. The only con would be getting too close to a mirror.. like 10 centimeters :) you will start seeing the foundation and some pores. I think this might go away with a good hi end primer. I don't have one in the mean time and tired it with my infallible from L'oreal. MM... also the shade was a bit orangy on me. I have warm undertone and medium skin tone so I got the Tawny as the Cashew and the one before didn't match my skin when I tested them in the beauty boutique so I got the Tawny which is also the shade I've been using in my compressed powder years and years long. I would say 10 years ago I started getting the compressed powder and would purchase a new one whenever I go through it until now it's been my absolute favorite. It is lightweight and gives a very light coverage not even medium but brightens my skin a lot making me look good :) so I thought it is safe to get the same shade in the liquid double wear... I still love it and am not complaining but I wish there are more shades for warm undertones. The package is very cute the bottle is glass with this gorgeous golden lid. I find it the best foundation for looks like cleopatra or any character as it totally changes the skin tone to the shade you pick. You don't need to build it up as one small hint of it would cover everything and tone up your skin tone. Other makeup products blend well with it. I tried the tarte amazonian clay blush with it and it blended really cool and also the tarte slenderizer blended very smoothly as my contouring stick. I used a powder highlighter by Maybelline as well and it looked so shiny and lovely. I love this stuff so much and highly recommend it. Don't waste your money trying to find a perfect foundation, this is the BEST. I hope you find my review helpful. If so, Please hit the helpful button. xoxoxo

Here is a link to my YouTube video where I used this foundation as mentioned above... Thanks so much for reading....

on 2/22/2018 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just watch another demo of this foundation, so I pulled it out of the box and retried it with Tarte primer. I do not like this!! this is the cakey, settles is pores and wrinkles and dries to a weird finish that looks dry, powdery and more cakey. I have tried this multiple times with numerous primers and numerous application techniques and the results are always the same. Very unflattering to mature skin. Reminds me of house paint. I had to take it off and start over, which is time consuming. This time I put it in the trash so I will not be tempted to try to make this work. 5 times is enough

I’ve been using this product since December and I’ve had the worst acne of my life. My face was virtually flawless before I started using this product. It has basically ruined my face! I remember thinking what the hell could be breaking my face also bad? I have a good diet, I drink nothing but water, I exercise, the only thing that I could think of was me changing up my foundation. So I did a little digging on the Internet and found out that Estee Lauder double wear did a formula change a couple years ago and with that formula change, they now use 3 to 4 ingredients that are extremely pore clogging. my face is covered with acne scars now. I just figured out what was going on with my face yesterday, so I’m starting the journey to get my skin back to what it used to be. I was using color stay by Revlon before this high-end make up brands and my face was absolutely fine. Looks like I’ll be going back to the cheap stuff. My face and my wallet will thank me !!

on 2/17/2018 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best high end long wear foundation ever! Love the coverage.

on 2/2/2018 5:17:00 AM

Double wear is the most amazing coverage, I struggled with a good color match. The new 3.15 Fawn is an exact match for my light / medium olive skin. I couldn’t be happier unless they start making in the nude water fresh.

on 1/5/2018 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am looking for a new foundation. It’s so sad that they reformulated this. It’s just bad. No coverage and it does not last. It’s a joke compared to what it used to be.

on 12/26/2017 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been looking for a foundation that didn't make my skin look oily after like 2 hours which shouldn't have been as hard as it is, but I finally decided to spend a little more money this time and let me tell you I can go 10 hours and my face looks as fresh and good as ever. My skin is extremely oily and in all my years as a makeup addict, I've never found a better foundation.

The packaging is a little dumb with no pump or wand but its fine and the price is pretty hefty but for a foundation that lasts me this long and looks as good as it does its worth it imo.

on 12/21/2017 5:07:00 AM

The foundation with the best staying power. However, it’s a bit drying around the corners of my mouth and chin. I also get little bumps on the sides of my nose. They all disappear with a spritz of rose water. I only use this foundation when I know I have long days. Otherwise, if it’s a typical work day of 10 hours, I use Dior Star as I don’t get any reactions from it and the freedom of foundation coming out from a pump. Double Wear is also quite difficult to manage when putting it on. Definitely need a tool of some sort for that blurring effect. I am still trying to find my correct shade. I have tried three colours and all were a bit off in one way or another.

on 12/12/2017 11:04:00 PM

No good sale service, sample testing is bad if there's ain't enough good lightings in the room. I went through sample testing in a drugstore on my face, made a glimpse at my face and trusted the sale girl has made the right pick for me for the best shade, but when I tried it at home it's more pale and drape in shade/colour! It's too low in colour/shade when comparing to the colour shown inside the small bottle! There is no seal on the box and bottle, I've tried LA GIRL, NYX and other tools and brushes and their packagings all has seals! My nose's skin is rather dry and it sweats over night, in after 6 to 7 hours one third of the foundation has came off on the nose. I hope they has 3ml shade tester sizes that comes in cheap sealed plastic bags that's very small so buyers can take home to test on their face, I don't have a problem to paid for 3ml sized samples of different shades.

on 11/29/2017 8:11:00 AM

I am 20, i have oily, acne prone skin. My skin is very red and break outs around my mouth and forehead. Bottom line of this foundation is it covers fully. You would never know that I’m breaking out it’s great.It’s very thick but it covers my acne. Problem is, if you apply it a certain way, it will look cakey or tend to look that way. At the end of the day your face looks dry and creased. Even after priming and setting your face. i have been using this foundation for months, and for the price, it should perform miracles. I found Revlon color stay foundation for only $12 and it is an exact dupe. If you are to try this foundation, save at least $25 and go with the Revlon. Hope i helped!