Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

12/2012 REFORMULATION

I am a huge die-hard fan for Kryolan Ultra foundation.
I must admit once I started using this product i became obsessed with it. It looks great on the skin, easy to use and they have a great skin tone range for colours.
It does tend to dry and set quickly, so use small amounts at a time and spread. Otherwise you will get a slight cakey look.
Great to use on the beauty blender. Slightly pricey but worth it

on 2/23/2017 5:09:00 PM

In my opinion this foundation is ok... but I have dry patches and it clings to them. it settles into smile lines and sinks into my pores after about 2 hours and clogs them, especially in my T zone. I have to do a deep cleanse after use. It is full coverage and can look cakey if too much is applied or I re-apply powder
overall I don't recommend this foundation if your like me.

on 2/18/2017 4:54:00 AM

Very good coverage and stayed true to its claim that it is Long wearing, water and smear proof. Can look cakey after a few hours and settle into crease lines around mouth area. Blends amazingly and definitely one of my Favourite foundation

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A little bit about me, my skin is sensitive and combination. I generally like foundations that look natural and are lightweight, not too heavy on my face. I personally did not like this foundation. First of all it was not easy to apply, it wasn't very spreadable. It was pretty thick and didn't go on well with my beauty blender, I think you would need to put this on with a brush instead. I also think its way too matte, if you have dry skin I would recommend to stay away. It didn't feel heavy on my skin more like I could feel a layer on top of my skin. It also looks like you are wearing makeup , if you like the natural look I wouldn't recommend this for you. Overall , I did not particularly like this foundation and I would not repurchase. I found myself wanting to go home and wash it off already. So it's a no for me.

on 2/10/2017 4:28:00 PM

I used this foundation for about a year and I really wanted to like it. It covers very well but I'm pretty sure it made me break out. Taking it off at night is also a chore. I have to wash my face 3 times to get all of it off... that cant be a good sign. I probably will not purchase again.

on 2/6/2017 1:36:00 PM

I bought this product for 5 years. It is not the only foundation i use but it,s the best regarding longevity , it stays on your skin many hours and if you use powder even more...you can wake up with it in a good shape :))) i do not recommend it if you want a radiant skin. It has no radiance but it has a very good coverage.i am using more than one foundation and if i want a glow finish i prefer other products

on 1/24/2017 9:24:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ah double wear foundation! I dont want to but I love you so much!!
On those days (most days) when i wake up and look in the mirror , thinking about all the stuff I gotta do and not wanting to face it all looking washed up & crappy I turn to you...and i KNOW whatever else goes on during the day my makeups not gonna let me down and its basically one less worry! So if anyones reading this wondering if its worth the price/hype , my humble opinion is, it is!

Have been buying for 3/4 years now and its quality foundation.
Bought 'shell' shade first, was too pink.
'Honey bronze' very nice, veeeery tan...(ma skin is quite fair skin!! Who cares :) i like being tan)
'Tawny' very nice, too pale (i prefer yellow undertones, think it counteracts any redness & looks nicer on my skin) good for winter
'Cashew' shade am using right now. Love it. Nice and yellow and tanned looking. But there are tons of shades to choose from. Get testers first :)

Apply with brush. Apply serum , sunblock under and rimmel powder to set.
Drink the coffee, slap on the makeup and its all that bit brighter!

on 1/23/2017 7:19:00 AM

After hearing mixed reviews about this foundation, some rave that it covers everything and lasts all day, and others saying it is thick, drying and "feels like cement", I finally decided to give it a shot on two occasions (so far). One on a particularly bad skin day, with a big pimple to hide, and second on a night out. I have oily skin.

First off, the packaging is crap. you have to pour it out into your hands - which is messy, and you have very little control over how much you get out. Probably because it is too thick to draw up through a pump, but a squeezy tube like the DW light could work.

Application felt horrible. It actually did feel a little like applying cement, it was thick and sticky and very difficult to blend. Perhaps a paint roller would have sufficed?

Having got the negatives out of the way, it did cover well and where I did manage to blend it the finish looked flawless. The shade was a good match too, and it did stay put all day without any shininess coming through. However it did start to come away in some areas, like it was drying up and peeling away.

Glad I tried it, but will save for bad skin days or special occasions. Would probably not repurchase.

on 1/19/2017 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really good foundation for long wear. It really does stay in place! The shade selection is also great. My biggest complaint is the bottle. I hope someday they include a pump. It makes it hard to get all of the product, or too much can come out at once. That aside, it wears beautifully on the skin and is very versatile to use.

on 1/13/2017 6:48:00 PM