Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

12/2012 REFORMULATION

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really think this foundation would be perfect for oily and acne prone skin types.

I have a love/hate relationship with this product.

I love the coverage. It doesn't cause acne flare ups or breakouts. Looks great on oily areas and stays put all day. It doesn't seep into fine lines or pores so it looks flawless with one exception. If you have dry skin like I do.

It makes my dry skin look really dull and it seems to just suck the moisture out of my face! It also really dries out my under eye areas and causes dry patches and skin flaking.

I want to love this product and my oily t-zone does! But I wouldn't recommend this for combination/dry skin types.

on 5/19/2017 1:43:00 PM

I got the shade honey bronze which is a nice honey shade if you want a nice tanned look, in terms of the actual foundation it is horrendous, starts of with a medium coverage but can very built up but still not amazing coverage, i like the finish it's a satin finish not a powder finish last looks smooth and healthy.
This foundation settles on my own pores and clings to my dry patches and I'm oily so I don't would stay away if your dry or ensure your skin is well prepped!
Packaging is annoying no pump hard to control how much product to dispense, considering the price and the super liquid formula Estée Lauder should have includes a pump??

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've tried so hard to like this and no matter what I can't get it to work. I've tried two colors one was a neutral - Desert Beige and the other was a "cooler" toned but darker - Dawn. Dawn was a better match but I still felt it was a tad too dark. Aside from the off color of it, I find this foundation literally just sits on top of my face and makes my pores, texture and lines stand out so much. I've tried applying it with a sponge and a brush, different primers and different powders and I still can't get it to look good on me! I will say it does last and controls oil, but I feel like it looks so terrible up close - I just can't wear it.

on 5/11/2017 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my new HG foundation. My skin is oily so it doesn't look matte on my skin, it feels quite light (I'm happy with medium coverage so I don't use too much) and it didn't break me out so far. It's the only foundation I tried that didn't disappear from my skin after 10 hours and it actually looked quite nice at the end of the day. The only thing I dislike it's the packaging.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I had wanted to try this for ages after hearing so much about it so I went and got my free 10 day sample. If I'm going to be honest I don't really know what all the fuss is about. It's good because it gives good coverage and lasts a long time but in my opinion it is a bit of an old lady foundation, it looks incredibly thick on the skin. I find it difficult to apply because it doesn't blend easily and I have to use a lot of product. I don't like the fact there isn't a pump or an applicator of some sort. I still have to use an oil absorbing sheet at lunchtime when I wear this. Ultimately I think it just comes down to preference, if you don't mind a heavy look then it will suit you but I prefer to look youthful and healthy with a good complexion rather than like I'm caked in make up.

This product really doesn't live up to the hype. Its extremely cake, settles in my pores and lines on my face even after using a primer. the coverage is good, but the packaging is a big downside. the lack of a pump means that I always pour out way more than needed and waste a lot. definitely will not buy again.

on 4/24/2017 4:37:00 AM

I love this stuff, great coverage and long wear. Always repurchase

on 4/23/2017 5:41:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

best foundation ever.

on 4/10/2017 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has been my favourite and go-to foundation since 11 years ago. I have oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin with a lot of acne scars. This covers very well, doesn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts, looks nice and it's the only foundation that lasts on my oily face for more than 7 hours. Occasionally, I tried out other foundation but haven't found another one that beats this. Some people say it's cakey, but I have no issue with it because I always use moisturizer with SPF 30+ underneath it and apply it with thin layer and gradually build the coverage in areas that require a bit more coverage. It doesn't work well with brushes. The best way to apply it is with a sponge blender or BB. It does take a bit more effort to take it off thoroughly because it has very good staying power. I don't think it's full coverage because it allows some skin imperfections showing through even after two layers. It's a decent medium coverage foundation that it's suitable for oily, combination or normal skin. I wish it comes with a pump though.

For reference, my MAC shade is MAC 15-25. I wear DW shade 1W2 Sand and 2W1 Dawn.

on 4/9/2017 5:16:00 PM

I can't say enough about this foundation. I have oily acne prone skin and it lasts all day and doesn't break me out. I found the perfect shade for my skin tone. One trick is that I mix it with a little Advanced Night repair. It gives my skin more of a glow and makes my foundation more comfortable. I will never use another foundation!