Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So disappointed with this....

Really needed a new foundation and was wanted something different to the one i have been using for years (Mac Studio Fix SPF 15) and really researched around.... I have really oily skin so wanted something that wouldn't slide off my face after a few hours and keep my makeup in place!

First off - this is expensive. I paid £32.50 and thats the highest i've paid for a foundation so had high hopes.

Dont get me wrong, the packaging looks fancy. It's in a really nice, glass clear bottle and looks good on my makeup desk! But it doesnt come with a pump and they dont even sell one seperatly. You waste sooo much product when you have to pour it on your hand (Also, it stains your hands for hours!!!)

Maybe i was putting it on wrong, maybe it's my skin, not sure...But it didnt look great at all. It's quite clay-like and has a pinkish tone. It's really thick but still managed to slide around my face and made me extremely oily.

I got my friend to try this who has normal-dry skin and she hated it, agreed it was like a clay mask and didnt like the tone of it.

There's better out there - i've gone back to my mac one and now used mac primer and the Becca Ever Matte Poreless Primer (AMAZING!)

on 3/30/2018 8:16:00 AM

This is my go to foundation! I have been using it on and off for nearly 5 years but I always find my way back to it once I have been 'tricked' by marketing to try another but they always fall short of this gem!
I have dry sensitive skin so I have to make sure I moisturise properly before applying, I use a damp beauty blender always, I don't get on with it much applying it with a brush, its quite thick.
The only thing if you have dry skin is that I can't use it under my eyes or on top of my lids (I realise its not a concealer) but would be lovely if it could do both as the coverage is just wonderful!
Its worth every penny, just be sparing with it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i didn't buy it.I tried a sample and i didn't like it.Too heavy for me and expensive.if you are very oily,don't recommend it.The best foundation for me is L'oreal infallible 24.It doesn't stay 24 hours of course, only 3(at least for me) but it is cheap unlike Lancome and Estee Lauder which are expensive brands.Still searching the foundation that lasts at least 6 hours.Maybe i should blame my moisture.I don't know.

Thought this was great at first.
Sticks to your skin like cement, looks really natural if applied in sections using your fingers.
Colours lean to the cooler tone, all very pink.
Then after a few weeks it had given me cysts!
Disaster, I hate it.

on 2/26/2018 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

HG foundation, hands down. No matter what I try, I come running back to this. I had a bit of a time finding my perfect match. I'm NC15 in MAC, and I am neutral leaning a tad yellow. I tried 1N2, and that shade was thisclose to being perfect. Then, I tried 1W1 and ta da! Perfection! That said, I am pale, but I'm definitely not the palest in the world. So, I'm not sure how super pale girls will fare in this line (although they recently released some additional shades in other undertones, so perhaps they will introduce a very, very fair warm-leaning shade soon?). The finish isn't so matte that it makes your face look like dried cake frosting, but it isn't dewy, either. It's like the perfect balance. And this stuff just STICKS to your face like glue, but I haven't had any issues with breakouts on my acne-prone face. I can do a 30-minute full on cardio workout wearing this foundation, and it doesn't budge. The coverage is solid medium and buildable to full, but I can't imagine anyone needing much more than medium coverage in this line. My acne scars will attest to that for you! Finally, I have true combo skin, thanks to my rx retin-a. But I don't find this clings too terribly to my dry patches, as long as I sufficiently exfoliate with my Clarisonic.

on 2/23/2018 6:40:00 PM

A mind blower. Before starting to use makeup like crazy :)... I used to look at models and wonder how they get this flawless, wax like skin... I only experienced that same look after I got the double wear. First when I wanted a foundation I got the Lancome one, but than I read all the reviews and watched reviews on YouTube. It is almost at 5 stars rating by thousands of people. I thought I must try it. I had a 20% coupon from Estee Lauder so I used it for a foundation and a concealer. From the first time I applied it I fell in love with it. It has a super full coverage. It looks flawless but not like skin. So you can tell that someone is wearing foundation. It doesn't get cakey and is very long lasting. It stays the same from morning till you take it off with makeup remover. It does NOT oxidize at all nor change its color. The only con would be getting too close to a mirror.. like 10 centimeters :) you will start seeing the foundation and some pores. I think this might go away with a good hi end primer. I don't have one in the mean time and tired it with my infallible from L'oreal. MM... also the shade was a bit orangy on me. I have warm undertone and medium skin tone so I got the Tawny as the Cashew and the one before didn't match my skin when I tested them in the beauty boutique so I got the Tawny which is also the shade I've been using in my compressed powder years and years long. I would say 10 years ago I started getting the compressed powder and would purchase a new one whenever I go through it until now it's been my absolute favorite. It is lightweight and gives a very light coverage not even medium but brightens my skin a lot making me look good :) so I thought it is safe to get the same shade in the liquid double wear... I still love it and am not complaining but I wish there are more shades for warm undertones. The package is very cute the bottle is glass with this gorgeous golden lid. I find it the best foundation for looks like cleopatra or any character as it totally changes the skin tone to the shade you pick. You don't need to build it up as one small hint of it would cover everything and tone up your skin tone. Other makeup products blend well with it. I tried the tarte amazonian clay blush with it and it blended really cool and also the tarte slenderizer blended very smoothly as my contouring stick. I used a powder highlighter by Maybelline as well and it looked so shiny and lovely. I love this stuff so much and highly recommend it. Don't waste your money trying to find a perfect foundation, this is the BEST. I hope you find my review helpful. If so, Please hit the helpful button. xoxoxo

Here is a link to my YouTube video where I used this foundation as mentioned above... Thanks so much for reading....

on 2/22/2018 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just watch another demo of this foundation, so I pulled it out of the box and retried it with Tarte primer. I do not like this!! this is the cakey, settles is pores and wrinkles and dries to a weird finish that looks dry, powdery and more cakey. I have tried this multiple times with numerous primers and numerous application techniques and the results are always the same. Very unflattering to mature skin. Reminds me of house paint. I had to take it off and start over, which is time consuming. This time I put it in the trash so I will not be tempted to try to make this work. 5 times is enough

I’ve been using this product since December and I’ve had the worst acne of my life. My face was virtually flawless before I started using this product. It has basically ruined my face! I remember thinking what the hell could be breaking my face also bad? I have a good diet, I drink nothing but water, I exercise, the only thing that I could think of was me changing up my foundation. So I did a little digging on the Internet and found out that Estee Lauder double wear did a formula change a couple years ago and with that formula change, they now use 3 to 4 ingredients that are extremely pore clogging. my face is covered with acne scars now. I just figured out what was going on with my face yesterday, so I’m starting the journey to get my skin back to what it used to be. I was using color stay by Revlon before this high-end make up brands and my face was absolutely fine. Looks like I’ll be going back to the cheap stuff. My face and my wallet will thank me !!

on 2/17/2018 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best high end long wear foundation ever! Love the coverage.

on 2/2/2018 5:17:00 AM

Double wear is the most amazing coverage, I struggled with a good color match. The new 3.15 Fawn is an exact match for my light / medium olive skin. I couldn’t be happier unless they start making in the nude water fresh.