Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

Personnellement je suis folle de ce fond de teint il est très très magnifique il est permis les top fond de teint, il couvre bien avec une longue tenue il convient ma peau mixte j'ai beaucoup aimer sa texture son odeur.. même si il est cher mais vraiment il mérite et pour le packaging j'ai aimer aussi il est très simple

This stuff is good but not great especially not for the price. It definitely stays on but I noticed that it seems to show my pores way too much and it's drying on my skin. I have combo skin; it looks dry and flaky on my nose and chin. I've tried 5 different primers and it still makes my pores very noticeable.

I think it works better on younger skin. If you're in your mid-30s like me and don't want your pores to be exaggerated try something else especially at this price point.

on 9/18/2018 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this one. For a gal with very oily skin with acne scars, I struggle when it comes to finding a good foundation that won't break down on my T-zones during the day. This one is beautiful when I want a nice coverage and flawless skin. I barely need to spot conceal when I wear this foundation. I also like that it's long wearing, Stay-In-Place for real! Sometimes I don't even powder, and it helps not to look too cakey, but I see the oil comes through after a few hours, but it looks more dewy than fried-chicken-oily.
It doesn't break me out at all, but it does accentuate my pores near my nose a little, and although that doesn't bother me much (because every foundation does that on me), siliconated primer helped with the problem. I would like very much if this foundation came with a pump, but I can survive, lol.

TL;DR:
Pros: long-wearing, good coverage, beautiful finish, doesn't accentuate texture
Cons: no pump, doesn't blur larger pores

Love Love Love!!! This is my favourite foundation!
It does exactly what they say it will do, which is "Stay in Place". I apply this early morning, and wear it all day which for me is a minimum 12 hours, and I don't have to touch it up at all.
I should note, my skin is normal/dry, but def not oily. This goes on really easily and it's great to blend, it gives you enough time to get it right before it sets. And when it does set it's not chalky or cement like, its soft and light and feels comfortable on.
I always use a primer before any foundation, and I do with this one too so I'm not sure if it would hold as long without primer (but I reckon it would).
I use to wear the MAC Pro Longwear but that was way too drying and would crack after about 5 hours.
This one is not as dry as the MAC, but it somehow stays matte all day, it literally doesn't move and it is NOT CAKEY - if anyone says this is a cakey product then you're obviously applying something too heavy underneath.
Some people are complaining about the fact that the bottle doesn't have a pump but seriously, who cares!! When the product is this good no pump is the least of my worries.
Its a bit pricey $58 a bottle, but you really do get what you pay for and the price doesn't put me off. I can't fault this at all and I know a few others that use it and love it just as much as me.
Thanks Estee Lauder, finally the perfect foundation has been produced!
HUGE thumbs up!!

on 8/22/2018 4:14:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I would consider this an expensive foundation because of the price point but it is so worth it. The coverage is incredible and a little goes a long way, because before I used this I was using a light-med foundation, but this is extremely full coverage!!
I find the consistency to be slightly too thick for me so I usually mix some other stuff with a small amount and it covers my whole face + more. The longevity of this is also amazing, once I wore this for a whole day from morning and went out to party at night till 4am, and this foundation firmly remained on my face. I also live in a country that is humid all year round and so far this foundation has held up to the heat and humidity!
I will repurchase this for sure because although it is pricey, it’s worth every cent.

I really really want to give this product 5*. I’ve been wearing this for 2 years and absolutely love the formula, it’s long lasting and doesn’t need much touching up during the day.

The problem I have is my skin is fair and is hard to colour match. I have tried Ecru, Cool vanilla, pebble and petal.

Petal was just too pink in my opinion for my skin tone after using a bottle. I then got matched with Ivory Nude which is a neutral tone which I thought would be better as it wouldn’t be pink or too yellowy but even that was too yellow. The perfect shade would be a mix of the two but as it is an expensive foundation it isn’t very practical to own both and mix.

For me this foundation isn’t practical but if you find your perfect colour match then this will be your go to.

NB: my foundation pump broke within 2 weeks don’t know if mine was just faulty or they are cheaply made, it was not ideal

on 8/7/2018 1:24:00 AM

Non-transfer all day wear. I mix 2N and 4N for the right color. I have used for years, have tried many different things but always come back to this stuff.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really want to love this foundation but I just can't make it work. Every makeup artist that I know raved about this, which leads me to get the sample

Pro: I do love the coverage, the finish and the shade. It's medium-high coverage and the finish is a nice satin-matte.
For reference I have an oily skin, NC15/20 in MAC and I used 1W2 Sand. I have a very yellow undertone and this is quite yellow, which I really appreciate since I always have a hard time finding a light-yellow foundation.

Cons: This foundation is heavy. 3 out of 5 times I used this foundation it ended up looking cakey and ended up cracking badly, which rarely happened to me. It also occasionally broke me out somehow. Someone told me that you need to really prep your skin, wear the correct base, etc... It's too much effort to make it work. I understand if it isn't meant for daily wear, but tbh I don't want to pay $30 (in my country) for a foundation that I can only use once in a while. Maybe this foundation is just not meant for everyone.

on 6/16/2018 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you're looking for transfer resistant, look no further. This stuff does not budge! I was recommended this quite a few times as I'm always in search of full coverage for my cystic acne and redness. Some days it would cover everything, other bad skin days id need more. This foundation really oxidizes more than any other I've used. Unfortunately, this did make my acne worse with regular use, and really clinged to acne scars/healing acne, but I kept the bottle for occasional days/nights that I wanted a transfer resistant foundation which is always nice to have! Mixing with a lighter concealer has helped the oxidizing issue slightly. It looks amazing when first applied, however throughout the day, I notice it really catching any dry spots or textured areas. This foundation would be great for those who only have redness! Wouldn't recommend to anyone with textured skin. Definite down side is the packaging. I feel that it is messy when having to pour it out of the bottle!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really really wanted to love this foundation but I had issues with it.

The first problem was the colour matching - I was matched to Pale Almond which I bought a whole bottle of, but it's just too dark and too pink. I went to a different store and the SA gave me a generous sample of Desert Beige, which was so nice of her. Unfortunately this was too pale and too yellow. Looking at the shade range I find it totally baffling.

The staying power is amazing. I applied it with a damp beauty blender working fast and kind of bouncing it in.

It really is like paint, and that's another problem for me. It creates such a uniform finish (like paint!) that instead of covering uneven skin it seemed to make it more obvious! It just seemed to highlight every uneven feature because of the flat, paint-like finish. I've since tried Max Factor Lasting Performance foundation and I actually prefer that, and it's cheaper. I might give Double Wear Light a try though - always on the search for the perfect foundation!

I hate the fact that it's not in a tube or that it doesn't have a pump top, especially considering how expensive it is. And it's runny so too easy to waste it.