Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

on 1/5/2018 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am looking for a new foundation. It’s so sad that they reformulated this. It’s just bad. No coverage and it does not last. It’s a joke compared to what it used to be.

on 12/26/2017 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been looking for a foundation that didn't make my skin look oily after like 2 hours which shouldn't have been as hard as it is, but I finally decided to spend a little more money this time and let me tell you I can go 10 hours and my face looks as fresh and good as ever. My skin is extremely oily and in all my years as a makeup addict, I've never found a better foundation.

The packaging is a little dumb with no pump or wand but its fine and the price is pretty hefty but for a foundation that lasts me this long and looks as good as it does its worth it imo.

on 12/21/2017 5:07:00 AM

The foundation with the best staying power. However, it’s a bit drying around the corners of my mouth and chin. I also get little bumps on the sides of my nose. They all disappear with a spray of rose water. I only use this foundation when I know I have long days. Otherwise, if it’s a typical work day of 10 hours, I use Dior Star as I don’t get any reactions from it and the freedom of foundation coming out from a pump. Double Wear is also quite difficult to manage when putting it on. Definitely need a tool of some sort for that blurring effect. I am still trying to find my correct shade. I have tried three colours and all were a bit off in one way or another.

on 12/12/2017 11:04:00 PM

No good sale service, sample testing is bad if there's ain't enough good lightings in the room. I went through sample testing in a drugstore on my face, made a glimpse at my face and trusted the sale girl has made the right pick for me for the best shade, but when I tried it at home it's more pale and drape in shade/colour! It's too low in colour/shade when comparing to the colour shown inside the small bottle! There is no seal on the box and bottle, I've tried LA GIRL, NYX and other tools and brushes and their packagings all has seals! My nose's skin is rather dry and it sweats over night, in after 6 to 7 hours one third of the foundation has came off on the nose. I hope they has 3ml shade tester sizes that comes in cheap sealed plastic bags that's very small so buyers can take home to test on their face, I don't have a problem to paid for 3ml sized samples of different shades.

on 11/29/2017 8:11:00 AM

I am 20, i have oily, acne prone skin. My skin is very red and break outs around my mouth and forehead. Bottom line of this foundation is it covers fully. You would never know that I’m breaking out it’s great.It’s very thick but it covers my acne. Problem is, if you apply it a certain way, it will look cakey or tend to look that way. At the end of the day your face looks dry and creased. Even after priming and setting your face. i have been using this foundation for months, and for the price, it should perform miracles. I found Revlon color stay foundation for only $12 and it is an exact dupe. If you are to try this foundation, save at least $25 and go with the Revlon. Hope i helped!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and most foundations dont last, break me out and show my huge pores. But honestly, the ELDW is for now the one that lasts the longer on my skin, gives a natural finish (I think it only happened twice that it got cakey and I accidentally put on way too much product) Is doen't work with all primers, but I think this is quite normal for any foundation. I can apply it with brush, beautyblender or fingers and can get a nice finish with any of those. I really like the performance of this product, even if you have to buy a pump - Mac ones work, and not EL does offer the possiblity to buy a pump for double wear but I think it's a bit dishonest - why not include the pump in the packaging? Anyway, for now this is my HG.

on 11/5/2017 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have bought this foundation three times. This is the King of all foundations for me. The coverage is buildable and about medium coverage when applied with a brush (I use a Morphe M439). If I put this on in the morning and go about my day I know it'll be on when I enter my house at ten at night. I always wear this and always get compliments on how great my skin looks! I have the oiliest skin, it's acne prone and I almost always have at least three pimples. I also live in a very hot, humid climate. I will say this is not matte. and I do get very shiny throughout the day but I am not a fan of matte foundations so that's fine for me. This breaks me out if it isn't washed off correctly, and by that I mean use more than a makeup wipe. I despise the fact that it has no pump, I'd like it more even if it was in a squeezy tube but this bottle is annoying. All in all though, a beautiful foundation and I would recommend it to everyone! (I have recommended it to my mom, three of my aunts, my sister, four of my friends and everyone has had great results with this!)

FIRST, let me say I have extremely sensitive skin. Meaning anything cheap, or small can cause the littlest thing to go wrong with my skin. I've had foundations that turned my skin red, into rashes, into acne outbreaks, basically you name it. This is the FIRST one that I can honestly say didn't. What you see is what you get, other reviews say it oxidizes, but for me it did not. The shades I apply is the shade that's on hours later. I never find myself touching up this foundation. It's build able which I like. If you wanna go light with you can, or if you want that heavier make up look that's possible as well with this estee foundation. It stays on lock down. I have dry skin, so I hydrate with their moisturizer before applying. My mom, is however oily not dry and it works for her as well. Yes, it's a bit pricey but a bottle lasts me three months and that's wearing it just about everyday. I work at Hooters and it with stands all the heat, running around, and looking glamours that my job requires. No questions asked it's my everyday GO TO foundation!

on 10/24/2017 7:30:00 AM

Best foundation ever! I have tried plenty of foundations throughout the years and keep going back to this one. This does not oxidise or start to fall apart on your face throughout the day, it last very long however if applied heavy-handedly it can look very thick and fake on the face so I will advise to apply where you need the most coverage and blend it outwards, that helps it look more natural.

on 10/4/2017 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation does control oil and is long wearing, it lasts all day.
However, it is cakey, and it looks like your wearing a lot of foundation even if you use a smaller amount, and blend it in with a damp beauty blender with a good primer. It looks very heavy and crapey and my skin is normal/oily. I like this foundation mixed in with others or on top of other foundations, to build up coverage only where i need it. I love a full coverage but not when it looks like a thick cakey mask. This also oxidised slightly and emphasised pores. I dont think dry skin would like this at all. Its not bad for a night out, i know i can rely on it to last all night and at night no one can see my cakey face, but for day wear, big NO