Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

4.1

It's my favourite foundation. It's really efficient (30ml for 6 months), last all day, my skin look natural (I think). It doesn't have any smell (it's a big plus). But it's better for winter, for summer time it's too heavy. It's worth to invest in your face and comfort;).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok so this is my favourite foundation of all times and let me tell you why. I'll start with the cons so you can see how much the pros outweigh it.
However, there goes a short version of the review for those in a hurry: I love this foundation. It's a bit thick but easy to work with a brush (stippling, oval or beautyblender), medium to full coverage without looking heavy or cakey. Doesn't get oily through the day and it stays all day long, even in hot and humid places like Brazil. Transfers very very little in oily skin (my friends with dry skin swear that it doesn't transfer at all) It's a bit pricey and the packaging without a pump or something makes you waste a considerable amount of product.

Cons:
It's not a cheap foundation, although I don't find it so expensive. As a matter of fact I paid 24 euros for it at a Douglas promotion (usually is around 40 euros) in Spain (while travelling , I'm from Brazil) so it was totally worth the price.
The packaging is the lowest point to it. It actually outrages me that it doesn't come with a pump but you can ~buy one separately for 10 dollars~. This is so Appleish.
I usually use a flat small brush (initially conceived for applying concealer) to take it out of the package and then use a larger stippling or oval brush (I like the last one more) to spread it. I read that some people can only use this foundation with a wet Beauty Blender but that isn't the case for me - I only use a wet sponge if I want to give it a perfect finish. I can see that there is a considerable waste of product with this method, so this is a con.
Lastly and sadly, Estee Lauder left Brazil (I am never going to forgive you). I have to buy lots of it when I travel or ask friends that are abroad to bring it to me, which works but it's very unconvenient. None of the packages that I bought looked like they oxidized though, which is a pro.

Pros:
My skin is oily (mostly in the T zone) and has suffered with acne during my teenage years, so I have a few scars (only visible when me face is in the sun). Also I have rosacea and dermatitis, so my skin tends to have red spots and get a bit flaky and dry during sometimes in the places outside the T zone (cheeks and jaw line).
I live in a very hot and humid place (Rio the Janeiro - Brazil) and this makes things even worse because everything melts during the day.
Having said this I have to say that this is a GREAT foundation.
The color 2C3 Fresco is almost a perfect match to my skin tone (I have fair to medium skin tone and neutral undertone). The consistency of the product is a bit thick but it goes on the skin smoothly with a brush. It dries fast but not fast enough so that you can't work it.
The coverage is medium and you can build it to a full coverage. I don't think you can reach a light coverage with it. Although the coverage is medium, it doesn't look heavy on your skin. It also doesn't get flaky or cracked or cakey during the day (I had problems with a few foundations that looked like they dried up my skin and revealed lines that I don't even have). This looks very smooth, as if you have a naturally very good skin.
And now let me tell you this: IT STAYS. YOU CAN RUN A MARATHON AND THIS FOUNDATION WILL BE THERE FOR YOU! As I said, I live in a very (VERY - it is currently 39 celsius degrees around here) hot and humid place. I take a bus and the subway to get to work and I can feel that I am sweating in my face. However, when I arrive at work my face still looks fresh and the coverage is still very good.
This foundation barely transfers (of course if you rub a napkin on your face it will come off a bit, especially after sweating so much - but come on, for those wondering if their soul is melting inside one's body, a bit of transfering is a big win). I usually have a big problem with foreign make up because they are not made for tropical weather (hello Lancôme this is for you).

This foundation was a great surprise and I am completely in love with it. I use it on a daily basis and also to go out at night - it is super versatile for me. I believe that for those living in colder and drier places it works perfectly as a night foundation. I will definitely continue to use it!

on 12/19/2018 4:32:00 PM

PROS:
-awesome coverage
-buildable formula
-long-wearing
-a little goes a long way
-beautiful matte/semi-matte finish
-no oxidation/separation
-range of colours & undertones

CONS:
-no pump
-$$$
-DOES fade, if you're a massive oil slick like i am

GORGEOUS finish when applied w/ BB, but best coverage with brush.

on 12/12/2018 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My HG guys honestly . For a year and a half now I’ve been try testing different foundations but after all the fuss I’ve come back to this & I forgot just how much I love it . It’s definitely a full coverage foundation for sure . It’s staying power is absolutely amazing , it doesn’t crease fade or transfer which is GREAT. The dry down is definitely a matte finish but it really depends what products you use with it . At the moment I’m leaning towards a fuller coverage matte look considering I work 9 hour shifts & I want something that will look exactly how it did when I applied it or even better . I think this foundation is just really good if you want something that LASTS but covers everything . It’s consistency is quite thick on its own although I have been mixing it with my Bobbi brown long lasting foundation just to lighten it up a bit so it does spread a bit easier . I use the Hourglass mineral veil primer underneath so let me tell ya my foundation does not move anywhere . & it looks smooth & wonderful I just love it . Only con is the packaging I wish they had a pump !

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My first ever MUA review! Here we go!

About about my skin: no acne, a bit of acne scarring, slight discoloration on the cheek bones, nose and chin, normal skin which goes dry in winter. I use the shade Fresco.

I haven't purchased this foundation yet, but I have tried several samples. Have only applied it with a beauty blender - no brush.

The first time I wore this was a nightmare. I applied way to much, didn't use a primer, set it with powder AND used concealer. I had no idea how full coverage it really is. I wore it for about 8 hours but it felt dry and tight very quickly. Having heard so many good things about this foundation I decided to give it a few more tries and I am so happy I did.

I use it on thoroughly moisturized skin (hydrating serum + moisturizer + Maybellines hydrating primer) and it works really well. I don't apply too much as I find it gets cake really fast if you do. No concealer, no setting powder. I just let it dry down and then go over the creasing in my fine lines under the eye with the clean side of the beauty blender to absorb left-over product. After having done the rest of my makeup I set it with setting spray and that's it.

I LOVE it. Here in Scandinavia it is getting quite cold and therefore it always wear a scarf when it go out. This foundation is the only foundation I have ever tried that does not transfer AT ALL. It stays put all day, no matter what.

It is absolutely on the dry side, so I strongly recommend that you moisturize really well before applying this, but other than that it's a great foundation. It does give you that "ghost look" when you apply it because it's SO full coverage, but I don't mind. I like to shape my face with bronzer, countour and blush. The best thing about it is that I don't need concealer under my eyes with this foundation.

Definitely will buy whenever I can afford it!

on 11/18/2018 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The packaging sucks - foundation without pump dispenser - seriously?
The foundation as such sits into fine lines, so it accentuates the fact that one is getting older (do not like!!). Moreover, it does not stay in place. After about 4-5 hrs, it fades away. True misser for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is too thick and it sinks into pores after a couple of hours. Patchy in places where I have dry skin like on my chin or around my nose. I think the lighter version is way better.

Short Review about the Foundation (About 3min) with all the information that you need.

Personnellement je suis folle de ce fond de teint il est très très magnifique il est permis les top fond de teint, il couvre bien avec une longue tenue il convient ma peau mixte j'ai beaucoup aimer sa texture son odeur.. même si il est cher mais vraiment il mérite et pour le packaging j'ai aimer aussi il est très simple

This stuff is good but not great especially not for the price. It definitely stays on but I noticed that it seems to show my pores way too much and it's drying on my skin. I have combo skin; it looks dry and flaky on my nose and chin. I've tried 5 different primers and it still makes my pores very noticeable.

I think it works better on younger skin. If you're in your mid-30s like me and don't want your pores to be exaggerated try something else especially at this price point.