Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have dry 43 year ols skin.
I cannot use this foundation alone, or it ages me horribly.
However, mixed with my It Cosmetics MoisturiIng foundation has become my holy grail!
Beautiful finish, and lasts like nothing else!
Pretty much transfer proof.
I fell asleep with my makeup on one night, and the next morning my foundation was still intact and looking good.
Amazing foundation that I will repurchase for the rest of time!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I used this foundation for a long hour event, I put on my makeup at 4 am and my makeup still looked good even after 12 hours.
This foundation works like heaven on my normal-dry & sensitive skin, though I had to mix this foundation with a little pump of my Clinique Even Better. The shade matches my skin perfectly. But the cons of this product is the packaging. I've spilled a good amount of this foundation a few times, because this product don't have a pump. But, over all; H A N D S D O W N! I love this product!

on 11/24/2017 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This product is always on my makeup shelf. It's coverage is fantastic, but not noticeable. It's matte, super long-wearing, and evens out redness in my skin. The only thing I don't like about it is the bottle. (Why has no one but Chanel figured out that bottles of foundation with no squeeze-top or similar mechanism, leave gloppy, gluey foundation all over the mouth of the bottle? What a waste of product.)

on 11/22/2017 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Went to the estee lauder counter and was colour matched by the very helpful and knowledgeable BA to 2W2, which is a warm yellow based shade. The colour was the best match for any foundation I have ever had, including my beloved Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, absolutely spot on. I have a very difficult skin tone to match and most other cosmetic houses don't offer a wide enough selection. I also have extremely dry, sensitive skin and was very excited to try this. The BA gave me an extremely generous weeks supply to trial. This was great, as based on the first hour I would have purchased it. But as the day went on, my face got drier and tighter and the skin around my eyes was so dry it was flaking. What a shame I really wanted to love this just for the colour alone, but I think this is a foundation best suited to a combination oily skin or a younger skin with more natural moisture. It certainly lives up to the longevity and does not transfer at all, a great bonus. Just not for me.

on 11/18/2017 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This makes me break out...at first I figured it must be because I didn’t take off my makeup at night before (sometimes I do tend to get lazy) but even when I do take off my makeup at night, I’d notice the next day, a cystic acne would start to appear! Also, it does oxidise. And I’m not a fan of high coverage foundation even though I have blemishes. I prefer to put on light-medium coverage foundation that looks like skin to even out my skin tone and I put on Laura Mercier concealer to cover my acne spots. I stopped using this after a few usage and will definitely not repurchase this.

on 7/12/2017 12:39:00 PM

I've probably tried every high-end foundation on the market, and poured hundreds of dollars down the drain, only to keep coming back to this baby. This is truly my HG, and every time I cheat on it to try the latest and greatest thing, I learn my lesson and come crawling back. It's the only foundation that offers me full coverage without a sticky finish (looking at you, Kat Von D Lock-it foundation), keeps my oily nose in control, doesn't oxidize pink or orange on me, and most importantly, LASTS all day. I have a busy job and work long hours, often with no time to look in the mirror and touch things up. There's nothing worse than trying out a new foundation that is melting off my skin 3 hours in, without being able to fix it. This foundation, however, is a true workhorse for me and never lets me down. It's the only one I can truly rely on, and trust me, I've tried them all. And, out of all of the foundations I've ever tried (high-end and drug store) this is the only one that I've ever purchased more than once.

My only complaint about this foundation is the lack of a pump. To me, there's no reason why it's 2017 and they still haven't added a pump to this. However, I've found that the pump from my discarded smashbox studio skin (another fail) fits it perfectly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This foundation definitely stays in place like it says but it seems to show more than hide my pores. I have large pores and use Benefits Porefessional as well as a primer but it still manages to show them which could be different with others. My skin is very pale so it is hard to find a foundation that matches my skin tone and doesn't leave me looking like a Cheeto but I use the shade Ivory Nude and use loose, translucent face powder to set it and so far that has worked for me in not achieving the Cheeto look lol. It's worth the money and lasts a while, I would just recommend experimenting with it and seeing how you can optimize it to its full potential.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Best foundation i have ever tried. The only con is the fact that it doesn't come with pump.

on 6/26/2017 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

If you wondering if you should but this LET ME just SAY BUY THIS!
It is the BEST foundation ever!! The coverage is amazing and lasts allll day... will defs buy it again once I run out :)
And the price is very decent as well!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really think this foundation would be perfect for oily and acne prone skin types.

I have a love/hate relationship with this product.

I love the coverage. It doesn't cause acne flare ups or breakouts. Looks great on oily areas and stays put all day. It doesn't seep into fine lines or pores so it looks flawless with one exception. If you have dry skin like I do.

It makes my dry skin look really dull and it seems to just suck the moisture out of my face! It also really dries out my under eye areas and causes dry patches and skin flaking.

I want to love this product and my oily t-zone does! But I wouldn't recommend this for combination/dry skin types.