Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

3.8

12/2012 REFORMULATION

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A little bit about me, my skin is sensitive and combination. I generally like foundations that look natural and are lightweight, not too heavy on my face. I personally did not like this foundation. First of all it was not easy to apply, it wasn't very spreadable. It was pretty thick and didn't go on well with my beauty blender, I think you would need to put this on with a brush instead. I also think its way too matte, if you have dry skin I would recommend to stay away. It didn't feel heavy on my skin more like I could feel a layer on top of my skin. It also looks like you are wearing makeup , if you like the natural look I wouldn't recommend this for you. Overall , I did not particularly like this foundation and I would not repurchase. I found myself wanting to go home and wash it off already. So it's a no for me.

on 1/11/2017 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've used double wear for a while now and at first I LOVED it for it's amazing long-lasting coverage. However, it soon started sitting in my fine lines and seemed to dry before I could blend it properly with a brush. I definitely recommend a damp beauty blender to apply it and because it's so dry, I wouldn't use it without moisturiser and the right primer. I found velvety finish primers like Benefit POREfessional didn't work well with it, but that might just be my skin. I use the lightest warm tone - 1W1 Bone and it's a good match. The packaging is horrid, but I have repurchased and probably will again. Prefer not to use it for everyday foundation but it's perfect for a full glam look.

on 11/27/2016 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after seeing the hype about it. This has great coverage and lasting power; however, the foundation makes me break out. I thoroughly remove all my makeup at the end of the day using the double cleanse method so the breakouts were not due to the poor makeup removal but the foundation. I wanted to love it but it didn't work out. I wouldn't repurchase and caution those with sensitive and acne prone skin to beware.

on 11/20/2016 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Too bad it doesn't has pump :( the formula is very good, last all day even i don't using primer, full coverage, affordable price 👍🏻 i would recommend this Foundation. Don't forget to use moisturizer because it has matte finish. I use stippling brush to apply

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A solid "I made an effort today" foundation! Your skin looks poreless so you can tell you're wearing makeup, but in a lovely way. Would not recommend for dry skin -- can be a bit drying and can sink into fine lines. Use with moisturizer. Does not feel heavy and does not rub off on anything. Would recommend for a night out/special occasion due to the high price point.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

*lengthy review warning, lol*

This is my first HE foundation. My skin is so annoying that I've been afraid to commit to something expensive since nothing seems to work with my skin type AND match me colour-wise. I just didn't want to spend tons of money just to be disappointed yet again. But I finally took a risk, and you guys... This stuff is so bomb.

I've been looking for a foundation for my combo skin (w/ super greasy t-zone) that won't just slide off of me, get so shiny I look wet, break me out, or rub off around my nose (I have chronic rhinitis and have to use a lot of tissues) - and let me tell you... This stuff covers all of my issues and will. not. budge.
It feels as light as water on my face. Seriously, I feel like I'm hardly wearing any makeup but it somehow it still covers EVERYTHING and makes me look photoshopped, but not cake-faced. It looks like real skin, but perfected. Powders apply nicely overtop and don't go patchy when I blend them out. It doesn't gunk up in lines or pores. It hasn't broken me out yet. Keeps me matte. The colour doesn't oxidize one bit. And IT MATCHES MY SKIN TONE! This is so hard to find when you're fair-skinned because almost everything I've tried shows up soooo pink on me.
Packaging is ok, it's a screw top bottle that you just pour out. Pretty basic.
Price is $46 CAD which is a lot for me personally but the product is so perfect I don't even care.

Just so you know with the following fdtn routine, the other day I only started to get shiny after ELEVEN HOURS. Here it is if you're curious:
Hourglass veil mineral primer followed by EL double wear (applied with blending sponge). The concealers I use are boo-boo cover up & maybelline dream lumi touch. I set the under eye with Joe Fresh loose powder. Face powders are Laura Mercier translucent loose powder for baking and Flower powder trip for buffing out. Depending on my day, setting spray is UD all nighter (longer days) or Hard candy fast & fabulous (shorter days/when I need more moisture)
These products work amazing together on my skin. My dream team.

Hope this essay of a review helped someone!

on 9/22/2016 4:07:00 AM

Like other reviewers, I find this is my go-to foundation, and although I've tried other brands I always come back to this, because it's absolutely the best for my skin.

I have sensitive skin on the oily side, with patches of rosacea on my nose and cheeks. I have them treated every year with IPL, but they never completely go away and they get worse in winter. This foundation is the only one which covers them up and still looks natural.

You do have to apply it carefully, and use a brush for difficult spots, like the corners of your nose. As it dries quite fast I find it's better to stipple it on, a little at a time. But it's worth the trouble, because it really does what it says - it lasts all day, doesn't come off, and it looks very natural, like my own skin but better.

I used to have to mix two shades to get the right colour, but now they have added some extra shades and I use the 1C1 Cool Bone, which blends nicely with my own skin tone. It's actually a little darker than my natural shade - which matches exactly with Shell - but when I use Shell on my nose and cheeks it looks quite pale and pasty. I think you just have to experiment to find the best shade.

I'm going to stick with this foundation, because my dermatologist advised me to stay with the products that work for me! And this does!

on 8/19/2016 4:29:00 PM

I got a sample of this as pictures on Instagram tagging it looked flawless. I never purchased and never will. The sample came in a pot that was supposed to last 7 days but I don't use much so it lasted over 3 weeks. Amazing coverage but once set with powder it started to sink. It clogged my pores and I broke out badly. It emphasised my pores and looked like soggy flour on my face when I added a sweep of setting powder. Can't comment on packaging as it was only a sample tub. Might work better with a setting spray but it's not for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

On the one hand, this foundation really does last ALL day. I don't look cakey, oily, and neither does it completely disappear after a couple of hours. But unfortunately, it's given me horrendous acne after a couple of weeks use. I've never had skin as bad as this, even as a particularly oily teenager. I can see how this is a 'holy grail' for people, but unfortunately, it just doesn't agree with my skin. Shame.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I can say it's my holy grail foundation. The shade I'm wearing is 3W1 Tawny.
Estee Lauder Double Wear has been around for some time and has gained a lot of followers. I remember my mom recommended this one to me because she likes it, and she thinks it would also suit my skin - albeit it being sensitive. I first tried this one for my high school graduation in 2010, never looked for another since (well, I did try some other foundations, but others were no match).
The coverage is medium, I'd say it's quite buildable to help achieve better coverage. The good thing about this foundation is that you don't need much to cover - so 1 bottle goes a long way! It stayed on for about 10 hours (I never wear foundation for longer than 12hrs, I guess) and it stood out against the tests of rain and sweat. It's better to wear a primer before putting on this foundation, it does help with the staying power. With this foundation, I don't feel like I need to conceal much afterwards.
The main downside is, personally, the price. It's quite beyond student's budget!