Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily age: 19-24
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

4.2

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Methicone, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Alumina, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)

on 9/18/2018 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this one. For a gal with very oily skin with acne scars, I struggle when it comes to finding a good foundation that won't break down on my T-zones during the day. This one is beautiful when I want a nice coverage and flawless skin. I barely need to spot conceal when I wear this foundation. I also like that it's long wearing, Stay-In-Place for real! Sometimes I don't even powder, and it helps not to look too cakey, but I see the oil comes through after a few hours, but it looks more dewy than fried-chicken-oily.
It doesn't break me out at all, but it does accentuate my pores near my nose a little, and although that doesn't bother me much (because every foundation does that on me), siliconated primer helped with the problem. I would like very much if this foundation came with a pump, but I can survive, lol.

TL;DR:
Pros: long-wearing, good coverage, beautiful finish, doesn't accentuate texture
Cons: no pump, doesn't blur larger pores

on 9/16/2018 11:54:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this foundation for over 3 years now. It is perfect for my super oily skin that is acne prone. It stays on for 12+hours. I don't get shiny, but I do get smile lines unfortunately. I tried everything but I always get them. I wear shade 3w1 tawny. I have a medium skintone. Really recommend this one. I only buy it in sale.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Decent foundation with a smooth matte finish. As per usual annoying bottle with no pump but still good.

Sadly this foundation made me breakout. Cannot use it as an every day foundation but will definitely use it for special occasions

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG foundation. I’m about to finish my third bottle and will definitely be getting my fourth. I have very oily-skin with lots of scarring and redness. Many foundations have broke me out or gets eaten away by my oils. However, this doesn’t do that at all. It has a strong lasting power and a beautiful matte to satin finish (depends on the application). For a full coverage look, I like to use a dense brush. And for a more light, everyday look, I use my fingers. I’ve tried it with a damp sponge and it looks very nice too! Blends nicely with all different applications. If you’re looking to try a new foundation, this is worth it :)

The only downsides are the price (about 60$ CAD) and the packaging (it can get messy if you’re not careful).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So disappointed with this....

Really needed a new foundation and was wanted something different to the one i have been using for years (Mac Studio Fix SPF 15) and really researched around.... I have really oily skin so wanted something that wouldn't slide off my face after a few hours and keep my makeup in place!

First off - this is expensive. I paid £32.50 and thats the highest i've paid for a foundation so had high hopes.

Dont get me wrong, the packaging looks fancy. It's in a really nice, glass clear bottle and looks good on my makeup desk! But it doesnt come with a pump and they dont even sell one seperatly. You waste sooo much product when you have to pour it on your hand (Also, it stains your hands for hours!!!)

Maybe i was putting it on wrong, maybe it's my skin, not sure...But it didnt look great at all. It's quite clay-like and has a pinkish tone. It's really thick but still managed to slide around my face and made me extremely oily.

I got my friend to try this who has normal-dry skin and she hated it, agreed it was like a clay mask and didnt like the tone of it.

There's better out there - i've gone back to my mac one and now used mac primer and the Becca Ever Matte Poreless Primer (AMAZING!)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Estée Lauder is the 4th foundation I have tried! I have struggled so much in finding a foundation that fits my oily skin! I wanted something that made me look matte but not like a doll and I finally found that with Estée Lauder double wear!

I did love the matte finish I got from urban decay all night however there colours were just not right for my skin hence me looking for a new foundation after 3 attempts my 4th attempt was finally successful with Estée Lauder, I wear the foundation all day at work in a warm office and come home to make up that has not budged! Great for my oily skin, yes I do need to add a little powder toward the end of the day but this is miles better than any other foundation I have tried!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Working two jobs, sitting in an office with a phone constantly on my face, then working at an extremely high volume restaurant, this is by far my most favorite liquid I have ever used. I have extremely oily skin. Full, flawless coverage. I use the shade Tawny. I apply it with my beauty blender, or my BH cosmetics liquid brush. Seamless. I get so many compliments. Usually, after a few hours, I could take the back of my hand and wipe my liquid right off.

on 11/23/2016 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have really oily skin that most foundations slide off. I decided to try this because I have a friend who this foundation is so flawless and perfect on, and it lasts all day. It was a different story on my skin. I'm pale with freckles and it just looked really un-natural. It lasted all day, which no other foundation I have used before has, but it just didn't look good. Another huge downside for me was how much it affected the quality of my skin. Double wear made it dry in parts and just really dull. Finally, I completely stopped using this when all my hair line began to flake non-stop, and another one of my friends who tried it also experienced this problem. Probably one you have to try to see if it works for your skin. Now I use Mac studio fix with a beauty blender, porefessional by benefit underneath, and Laura Mercier translucent powder on top and it wears well during 12 hour days. Not as good as double wear but still quite well.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My skin is: very pale, very oily, sensitive, and acne-prone. I have rosacea so bad and so persistent that I have never, never seen my face-skin the same color as the rest of my body.

Let me go over the quick pros and cons.
PROS:
-Covers well, you need veeery very little for a full face of makeup.
-Because of the good cover the price tag becomes much more manageable. If you limit your waste and use it lightly (as it was meant to be) then I can see this foundation literally lasting you a year or two if you wore it every day.
-My rosacea becomes ancient history.
-My blemishes, if not freshly picked, scratched, or popped are pretty much eliminated. If they are agitated and bright red then they will stick out and require concealer.
-Looks decent regardless of your skill level. There is no way to go horribly wrong with this foundation unless you add layer upon layer upon layer...
-Sets quickly
-Does not fall off upon resting your cheek on some fabric. Stays put. However, rubbing with fabric will remove some.
-As someone who becomes heavily irritated by hair brushing my face, the weight of this foundation doesn't bother me. I barely felt it.

CONS:
-Sets quickly. You can't dab-dab-dab all over your face then blend otherwise it will set in the dabbed spots and become patchy.
-Must have some skill to apply or you will end up a cakey mess. This is my first foundation and a few times I have made the mistake of putting on the first coat...then just a little more...and some more...attempting to cover up all traces of redness...
-Hell to remove at night. You may need multiple rounds of cleansers to fully remove it, and this will destroy your skin if it's sensitive. You need to absolutely drown your face in cleanser, rub it in, then let it sit to get 90% off in one go.
-If your skin can be described as "pale" then there isn't a perfect match for you here. The lightest shade is more like..."lightly tanned" once it sets and oxidizes.
-The formulation is so heavy that a pump isn't usable, so you end up with a nail polish container minus the brush. Its too easy for you to pour out 10x more than you need. Pour out at a dab, apply quickly (it sets quickly on your hand as well), repeat as necessary.
-Not really buildable...it becomes visibly more cakey.
-Does not look entirely natural. It's much too matte for that.

I'm going to buy a foundation lightener to salvage this foundation, because I love the formulation, the staying power, the weight, and...basically everything. The removal process is something I still have to figure out (Aveeno Ultra Gentle cleanser is what I'm using right now and yes it removes it fully but my skin becomes highly irritated) but I think it's worth it thus far.

Will update if it breaks me out horribly but thus far my skin doesn't seem that much worse.

on 6/22/2016 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is seriously the BEST foundation ever, i have been through so many foundation and none did good to my oily skin except for this! i have been using this foundation for two years and i will never switch from it