Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

on 12/26/2017 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been looking for a foundation that didn't make my skin look oily after like 2 hours which shouldn't have been as hard as it is, but I finally decided to spend a little more money this time and let me tell you I can go 10 hours and my face looks as fresh and good as ever. My skin is extremely oily and in all my years as a makeup addict, I've never found a better foundation.

The packaging is a little dumb with no pump or wand but its fine and the price is pretty hefty but for a foundation that lasts me this long and looks as good as it does its worth it imo.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Estée Lauder is the 4th foundation I have tried! I have struggled so much in finding a foundation that fits my oily skin! I wanted something that made me look matte but not like a doll and I finally found that with Estée Lauder double wear!

I did love the matte finish I got from urban decay all night however there colours were just not right for my skin hence me looking for a new foundation after 3 attempts my 4th attempt was finally successful with Estée Lauder, I wear the foundation all day at work in a warm office and come home to make up that has not budged! Great for my oily skin, yes I do need to add a little powder toward the end of the day but this is miles better than any other foundation I have tried!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and most foundations dont last, break me out and show my huge pores. But honestly, the ELDW is for now the one that lasts the longer on my skin, gives a natural finish (I think it only happened twice that it got cakey and I accidentally put on way too much product) Is doen't work with all primers, but I think this is quite normal for any foundation. I can apply it with brush, beautyblender or fingers and can get a nice finish with any of those. I really like the performance of this product, even if you have to buy a pump - Mac ones work, and not EL does offer the possiblity to buy a pump for double wear but I think it's a bit dishonest - why not include the pump in the packaging? Anyway, for now this is my HG.

on 11/5/2017 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have bought this foundation three times. This is the King of all foundations for me. The coverage is buildable and about medium coverage when applied with a brush (I use a Morphe M439). If I put this on in the morning and go about my day I know it'll be on when I enter my house at ten at night. I always wear this and always get compliments on how great my skin looks! I have the oiliest skin, it's acne prone and I almost always have at least three pimples. I also live in a very hot, humid climate. I will say this is not matte. and I do get very shiny throughout the day but I am not a fan of matte foundations so that's fine for me. This breaks me out if it isn't washed off correctly, and by that I mean use more than a makeup wipe. I despise the fact that it has no pump, I'd like it more even if it was in a squeezy tube but this bottle is annoying. All in all though, a beautiful foundation and I would recommend it to everyone! (I have recommended it to my mom, three of my aunts, my sister, four of my friends and everyone has had great results with this!)

on 8/31/2017 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my holy grail! I wear shade 1W2 and there's literally no foundation that is yellow enough for me besides this one...
I have a lot to cover up and this does it so well while not looking cakey or that ugly foundation-y kind of texture that a lot of other foundations give you.
Keep in mind that this does not build though, so I apply a lot initially because if you try to layer it, it just removes the previous layer!
I have extremely oily skin and while this doesn't really keep me matte all day, the foundation itself stays in place and looking good if i blot and powder. I also have horribly acne-prone skin and this doesn't break me out.
I don't think I'll find a foundation I like more because of the finish, coverage, and color! Just wish this came with a pump.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I can't stand this foundation. Settles into pores, accentuates everything and doesn't last as long as it should. Oxidizes as well

on 7/30/2017 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to wear double wear years ago before they changed my colour (shell beige) and the formula. I decided to try it out again, I got a sample in the colour Buff.
I used a blending brush to apply, easy to blend apart from on my nose, which I always find difficult, I think due to oily skin. Colour began to oxidise which meant it ended up being to dark. Should also mention, which is my fault, I decided to go with that colour because I thought it would go with my tan best, and as I don't put tan on my face felt there was no point colour matching my face as I am very pale. It felt like I had ALOT of make up on, and I usually like a medium- full coverage but this felt to much.
I also noticed dots appearing on my nose, which is usually because of the oil coming through.
I was gutted this foundation didn't work out for me as I know how much I loved it before. I know lots of people who love this foundation so I wouldn't want to put someone off trying it as I'm sure it would be perfect for someone else!

on 7/28/2017 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My all time HG! Still haven't found anything that works or wears better that this stuff. I recently gave the new version - Double wear nude water fresh one a try. Don't be fooled, it does not wear anything at all like the original. And it's definitely not for us oily skinned girls. So back to the original I go. The packaging of course could be a bit better if they added a pump, but I got myself one from mac that fits like a glove.

on 6/4/2017 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This foundation is a beast! To be able to handle my super oily skin like boss without budging is a feat! I do get some oil breakthrough after 2 hours but it's nothing that a blotting sheet can't fix. I wear this during my 12 hour night shifts and it lasts the whole 12 and beyond. Removing it is a job, if I don't have a jar of Ponds or a cleansing oil available to take this off, I'll have to work to take it off. The best long wearing full coverage foundation I've tried!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Shade: 2W2 Rattan
Current skin tone: NC30

This is the best foundation I've tried so far, and I've tried many high end like UD All Nighter to drugstore like Freedom UK. I have extremely oily skin and live in a tropical climate, so imagine how difficult it is for foundation not to be a greasy mess on me. I find the coverage just okay, it's not full in my eyes, some of my dark spots still peek through unlike say the Becca Full Cover Creme. It does a great job of controlling oil and is very long lasting, but my favourite part is it does not crease on me. Every foundation creases around my nose and laugh lines, but not Double Wear.
The shade does not completely match me, because of my work I got a tan yet their medium shades are too dark for me. Nevertheless I like this foundation very much, I would like it more if it had a smoother finish (I know matte foundations will always emphasise fine lines and texture more) and if it had a pump because I have to add $10 for a MAC pump. In Singapore this costs a hefty 62$ but on days were I needed it to stick to my skin I'm glad I paid that money.