Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 6/4/2017 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This foundation is a beast! To be able to handle my super oily skin like boss without budging is a feat! I do get some oil breakthrough after 2 hours but it's nothing that a blotting sheet can't fix. I wear this during my 12 hour night shifts and it lasts the whole 12 and beyond. Removing it is a job, if I don't have a jar of Ponds or a cleansing oil available to take this off, I'll have to work to take it off. The best long wearing full coverage foundation I've tried!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Shade: 2W2 Rattan
Current skin tone: NC30

This is the best foundation I've tried so far, and I've tried many high end like UD All Nighter to drugstore like Freedom UK. I have extremely oily skin and live in a tropical climate, so imagine how difficult it is for foundation not to be a greasy mess on me. I find the coverage just okay, it's not full in my eyes, some of my dark spots still peek through unlike say the Becca Full Cover Creme. It does a great job of controlling oil and is very long lasting, but my favourite part is it does not crease on me. Every foundation creases around my nose and laugh lines, but not Double Wear.
The shade does not completely match me, because of my work I got a tan yet their medium shades are too dark for me. Nevertheless I like this foundation very much, I would like it more if it had a smoother finish (I know matte foundations will always emphasise fine lines and texture more) and if it had a pump because I have to add $10 for a MAC pump. In Singapore this costs a hefty 62$ but on days were I needed it to stick to my skin I'm glad I paid that money.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought shade 4N1 for summer. I already use tanning bed so it is only a bit darker than my skin but it blends perfectly. It is little cakey for my taste when I apply it but since I am extremly oily it become dewy and it is amazing. Looks very natural on me. I use small amount and I see it will last forever. I notice main diffrence between cheap and expensive foundation- cheap ones I bought every month since I use bigger amount so with pricey foundation I save money. I can't imagine someone with dry skin using double wear. I think it is perfect for oily and very oily skin. I wear it now for 8 hours and my skin looks amazing. I am not oily which is miracle, I have natural dewy perfect skin. Only complain is bottle without pump. It is such shame.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have dehydrated combo skin. Ive been searching for years for a foundation that would not separate on my face. I used MUFE mat velvet for a few years but found it to be too matte and made me flakey. Colorstay was a little better but still very drying. I found this gem and have been hooked. I use a hydrating primer underneath and apply this with my Tarte airbursh brush and my face is absolutely AMAZING. I actually enjoy doing my makeup now whereas before I dreaded it.

on 1/22/2017 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This is hands down the best foundation I've ever used. I constantly try out new foundations, hoping I'll find one that's better, but every time I do I always think to myself "why do I even bother... ELDW is the supreme just don't even try anymore".

I'm one of those people that just doesn't even understand the concept behind a foundation that only lasts a few hours until it starts falling apart. I refuse to spend like $40 on something that will only look good for 2 hours... like I have things to do that take longer than 2 hours and I'm gonna need to not look a mess while I'm doing them... sorry not sorry. This foundation is the only one that I, as an extremely oily person, have tried that looks good 8+ hours after applying it. No decomposing whatsoever. You slap this puppy on in the morning, come home in the evening and look at yourself in the mirror expecting a mess only to find that you still look 100% put-together. Incredible.

For dry or even normal people, this may be too matte. As an oily person, though, the oils from my skin make this foundation look very natural after about 30 mins of wear. I cannot sing the praises of this foundation enough, just wish it came with a pump (you can buy those for like $2 online though)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this foundation on and off for around five years with the occasional break to try something new. Each time I've tried something new, most recently Napoleon Perdis and MAC, I always end up coming back to this as it lasts the longest. I've noticed that if I set it with EL Double Wear powder it gets cakey and oily within an hour or so, but if I set it with EL mineral powder it starts matte all day.

on 12/26/2016 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation has been around for a while and I am glad that they have not changed its ingredients so far. I am super oily but at the same time, under my eyes can look dry and agitated from a drying foundation. Comparing this with Revlon Colostay, I have to say this does a better job in keeping my face in a great condition. Under my eyes do not suffer either. The shades are a bit challenging for me. They are categorized but like many other brands, yellows are super yellow and almost look unnatural. I am NC30 in MAC although not as yellow. The best shade for me is 3N1 or Ivory Beige. It is neutral so it won't make me look too yellow. It lasts on my skin for the whole day. It doesn't budge, melt or transfer. I use Neutrogena Deep Clean and see no debris after the wash. Overall, let's hope they keep this one in the market but add more shades to it.

on 12/19/2016 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Best foundation I have tried, I have very pale skin and the shade 1N1 matched me really well.I do have ance problems and very oily skin and it does good job for both of them.Medium to full coverage, buildable enough but you have to work quickly in my opinion.It stays flawless for at least 8 hours which is the least time I wear it every day.It works perfectly with the double wear concealer, It doesnt make my big pores stand out neither my pimples.And it has a perfect matte finish without looking dry af.

on 12/17/2016 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation leaves my skin extremely oily and shiny after a couple of hours after applying it. It is horrible. I started wearing a light water based moisturizer by clinique to minimize the oil on my face but it didn't work. The foundation will manage to make me oily and shiny no matter what I do. I do not recommend this product for oily skin people.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Working two jobs, sitting in an office with a phone constantly on my face, then working at an extremely high volume restaurant, this is by far my most favorite liquid I have ever used. I have extremely oily skin. Full, flawless coverage. I use the shade Tawny. I apply it with my beauty blender, or my BH cosmetics liquid brush. Seamless. I get so many compliments. Usually, after a few hours, I could take the back of my hand and wipe my liquid right off.