Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

on 8/31/2017 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my holy grail! I wear shade 1W2 and there's literally no foundation that is yellow enough for me besides this one...
I have a lot to cover up and this does it so well while not looking cakey or that ugly foundation-y kind of texture that a lot of other foundations give you.
Keep in mind that this does not build though, so I apply a lot initially because if you try to layer it, it just removes the previous layer!
I have extremely oily skin and while this doesn't really keep me matte all day, the foundation itself stays in place and looking good if i blot and powder. I also have horribly acne-prone skin and this doesn't break me out.
I don't think I'll find a foundation I like more because of the finish, coverage, and color! Just wish this came with a pump.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I can't stand this foundation. Settles into pores, accentuates everything and doesn't last as long as it should. Oxidizes as well

on 7/30/2017 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to wear double wear years ago before they changed my colour (shell beige) and the formula. I decided to try it out again, I got a sample in the colour Buff.
I used a blending brush to apply, easy to blend apart from on my nose, which I always find difficult, I think due to oily skin. Colour began to oxidise which meant it ended up being to dark. Should also mention, which is my fault, I decided to go with that colour because I thought it would go with my tan best, and as I don't put tan on my face felt there was no point colour matching my face as I am very pale. It felt like I had ALOT of make up on, and I usually like a medium- full coverage but this felt to much.
I also noticed dots appearing on my nose, which is usually because of the oil coming through.
I was gutted this foundation didn't work out for me as I know how much I loved it before. I know lots of people who love this foundation so I wouldn't want to put someone off trying it as I'm sure it would be perfect for someone else!

on 7/28/2017 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My all time HG! Still haven't found anything that works or wears better that this stuff. I recently gave the new version - Double wear nude water fresh one a try. Don't be fooled, it does not wear anything at all like the original. And it's definitely not for us oily skinned girls. So back to the original I go. The packaging of course could be a bit better if they added a pump, but I got myself one from mac that fits like a glove.

on 6/4/2017 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This foundation is a beast! To be able to handle my super oily skin like boss without budging is a feat! I do get some oil breakthrough after 2 hours but it's nothing that a blotting sheet can't fix. I wear this during my 12 hour night shifts and it lasts the whole 12 and beyond. Removing it is a job, if I don't have a jar of Ponds or a cleansing oil available to take this off, I'll have to work to take it off. The best long wearing full coverage foundation I've tried!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Shade: 2W2 Rattan
Current skin tone: NC30

This is the best foundation I've tried so far, and I've tried many high end like UD All Nighter to drugstore like Freedom UK. I have extremely oily skin and live in a tropical climate, so imagine how difficult it is for foundation not to be a greasy mess on me. I find the coverage just okay, it's not full in my eyes, some of my dark spots still peek through unlike say the Becca Full Cover Creme. It does a great job of controlling oil and is very long lasting, but my favourite part is it does not crease on me. Every foundation creases around my nose and laugh lines, but not Double Wear.
The shade does not completely match me, because of my work I got a tan yet their medium shades are too dark for me. Nevertheless I like this foundation very much, I would like it more if it had a smoother finish (I know matte foundations will always emphasise fine lines and texture more) and if it had a pump because I have to add $10 for a MAC pump. In Singapore this costs a hefty 62$ but on days were I needed it to stick to my skin I'm glad I paid that money.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought shade 4N1 for summer. I already use tanning bed so it is only a bit darker than my skin but it blends perfectly. It is little cakey for my taste when I apply it but since I am extremly oily it become dewy and it is amazing. Looks very natural on me. I use small amount and I see it will last forever. I notice main diffrence between cheap and expensive foundation- cheap ones I bought every month since I use bigger amount so with pricey foundation I save money. I can't imagine someone with dry skin using double wear. I think it is perfect for oily and very oily skin. I wear it now for 8 hours and my skin looks amazing. I am not oily which is miracle, I have natural dewy perfect skin. Only complain is bottle without pump. It is such shame.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have dehydrated combo skin. Ive been searching for years for a foundation that would not separate on my face. I used MUFE mat velvet for a few years but found it to be too matte and made me flakey. Colorstay was a little better but still very drying. I found this gem and have been hooked. I use a hydrating primer underneath and apply this with my Tarte airbursh brush and my face is absolutely AMAZING. I actually enjoy doing my makeup now whereas before I dreaded it.

on 1/22/2017 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This is hands down the best foundation I've ever used. I constantly try out new foundations, hoping I'll find one that's better, but every time I do I always think to myself "why do I even bother... ELDW is the supreme just don't even try anymore".

I'm one of those people that just doesn't even understand the concept behind a foundation that only lasts a few hours until it starts falling apart. I refuse to spend like $40 on something that will only look good for 2 hours... like I have things to do that take longer than 2 hours and I'm gonna need to not look a mess while I'm doing them... sorry not sorry. This foundation is the only one that I, as an extremely oily person, have tried that looks good 8+ hours after applying it. No decomposing whatsoever. You slap this puppy on in the morning, come home in the evening and look at yourself in the mirror expecting a mess only to find that you still look 100% put-together. Incredible.

For dry or even normal people, this may be too matte. As an oily person, though, the oils from my skin make this foundation look very natural after about 30 mins of wear. I cannot sing the praises of this foundation enough, just wish it came with a pump (you can buy those for like $2 online though)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this foundation on and off for around five years with the occasional break to try something new. Each time I've tried something new, most recently Napoleon Perdis and MAC, I always end up coming back to this as it lasts the longest. I've noticed that if I set it with EL Double Wear powder it gets cakey and oily within an hour or so, but if I set it with EL mineral powder it starts matte all day.