Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So disappointed with this....

Really needed a new foundation and was wanted something different to the one i have been using for years (Mac Studio Fix SPF 15) and really researched around.... I have really oily skin so wanted something that wouldn't slide off my face after a few hours and keep my makeup in place!

First off - this is expensive. I paid £32.50 and thats the highest i've paid for a foundation so had high hopes.

Dont get me wrong, the packaging looks fancy. It's in a really nice, glass clear bottle and looks good on my makeup desk! But it doesnt come with a pump and they dont even sell one seperatly. You waste sooo much product when you have to pour it on your hand (Also, it stains your hands for hours!!!)

Maybe i was putting it on wrong, maybe it's my skin, not sure...But it didnt look great at all. It's quite clay-like and has a pinkish tone. It's really thick but still managed to slide around my face and made me extremely oily.

I got my friend to try this who has normal-dry skin and she hated it, agreed it was like a clay mask and didnt like the tone of it.

There's better out there - i've gone back to my mac one and now used mac primer and the Becca Ever Matte Poreless Primer (AMAZING!)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i didn't buy it.I tried a sample and i didn't like it.Too heavy for me and expensive.if you are very oily,don't recommend it.The best foundation for me is L'oreal infallible 24.It doesn't stay 24 hours of course, only 3(at least for me) but it is cheap unlike Lancome and Estee Lauder which are expensive brands.Still searching the foundation that lasts at least 6 hours.Maybe i should blame my moisture.I don't know.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I always get the samples from the counter, I don't know maybe its because they never know how to shade match me or it doesn't blend well into the skin, other than that, the radiant finish is perfect and you don't need to set with powder because it sets into a powder finish. If the lady matched my shade right, I would purchase but I got shade matched 4 different times, and they were all different shades, and all wrong LOL. no pump and maybe im not buying this foundation because I don't trust them like r u srs gurl. do you actually not know my shade or do you just want my coint.

Its ok......I guess.....

EXPAND UR DAMN SHADE RANGE BICH WE NEED SOME DARKER SHADES,
like my girl said, RICH IN COLOR, RICH IN LIFE. - Patricia Bright

on 12/26/2017 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been looking for a foundation that didn't make my skin look oily after like 2 hours which shouldn't have been as hard as it is, but I finally decided to spend a little more money this time and let me tell you I can go 10 hours and my face looks as fresh and good as ever. My skin is extremely oily and in all my years as a makeup addict, I've never found a better foundation.

The packaging is a little dumb with no pump or wand but its fine and the price is pretty hefty but for a foundation that lasts me this long and looks as good as it does its worth it imo.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Estée Lauder is the 4th foundation I have tried! I have struggled so much in finding a foundation that fits my oily skin! I wanted something that made me look matte but not like a doll and I finally found that with Estée Lauder double wear!

I did love the matte finish I got from urban decay all night however there colours were just not right for my skin hence me looking for a new foundation after 3 attempts my 4th attempt was finally successful with Estée Lauder, I wear the foundation all day at work in a warm office and come home to make up that has not budged! Great for my oily skin, yes I do need to add a little powder toward the end of the day but this is miles better than any other foundation I have tried!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and most foundations dont last, break me out and show my huge pores. But honestly, the ELDW is for now the one that lasts the longer on my skin, gives a natural finish (I think it only happened twice that it got cakey and I accidentally put on way too much product) Is doen't work with all primers, but I think this is quite normal for any foundation. I can apply it with brush, beautyblender or fingers and can get a nice finish with any of those. I really like the performance of this product, even if you have to buy a pump - Mac ones work, and not EL does offer the possiblity to buy a pump for double wear but I think it's a bit dishonest - why not include the pump in the packaging? Anyway, for now this is my HG.

on 11/5/2017 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have bought this foundation three times. This is the King of all foundations for me. The coverage is buildable and about medium coverage when applied with a brush (I use a Morphe M439). If I put this on in the morning and go about my day I know it'll be on when I enter my house at ten at night. I always wear this and always get compliments on how great my skin looks! I have the oiliest skin, it's acne prone and I almost always have at least three pimples. I also live in a very hot, humid climate. I will say this is not matte. and I do get very shiny throughout the day but I am not a fan of matte foundations so that's fine for me. This breaks me out if it isn't washed off correctly, and by that I mean use more than a makeup wipe. I despise the fact that it has no pump, I'd like it more even if it was in a squeezy tube but this bottle is annoying. All in all though, a beautiful foundation and I would recommend it to everyone! (I have recommended it to my mom, three of my aunts, my sister, four of my friends and everyone has had great results with this!)

on 8/31/2017 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my holy grail! I wear shade 1W2 and there's literally no foundation that is yellow enough for me besides this one...
I have a lot to cover up and this does it so well while not looking cakey or that ugly foundation-y kind of texture that a lot of other foundations give you.
Keep in mind that this does not build though, so I apply a lot initially because if you try to layer it, it just removes the previous layer!
I have extremely oily skin and while this doesn't really keep me matte all day, the foundation itself stays in place and looking good if i blot and powder. I also have horribly acne-prone skin and this doesn't break me out.
I don't think I'll find a foundation I like more because of the finish, coverage, and color! Just wish this came with a pump.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I can't stand this foundation. Settles into pores, accentuates everything and doesn't last as long as it should. Oxidizes as well

on 7/30/2017 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to wear double wear years ago before they changed my colour (shell beige) and the formula. I decided to try it out again, I got a sample in the colour Buff.
I used a blending brush to apply, easy to blend apart from on my nose, which I always find difficult, I think due to oily skin. Colour began to oxidise which meant it ended up being to dark. Should also mention, which is my fault, I decided to go with that colour because I thought it would go with my tan best, and as I don't put tan on my face felt there was no point colour matching my face as I am very pale. It felt like I had ALOT of make up on, and I usually like a medium- full coverage but this felt to much.
I also noticed dots appearing on my nose, which is usually because of the oil coming through.
I was gutted this foundation didn't work out for me as I know how much I loved it before. I know lots of people who love this foundation so I wouldn't want to put someone off trying it as I'm sure it would be perfect for someone else!