Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Oily age: 19-24
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really want to love this foundation but I just can't make it work. Every makeup artist that I know raved about this, which leads me to get the sample

Pro: I do love the coverage, the finish and the shade. It's medium-high coverage and the finish is a nice satin-matte.
For reference I have an oily skin, NC15/20 in MAC and I used 1W2 Sand. I have a very yellow undertone and this is quite yellow, which I really appreciate since I always have a hard time finding a light-yellow foundation.

Cons: This foundation is heavy. 3 out of 5 times I used this foundation it ended up looking cakey and ended up cracking badly, which rarely happened to me. It also occasionally broke me out somehow. Someone told me that you need to really prep your skin, wear the correct base, etc... It's too much effort to make it work. I understand if it isn't meant for daily wear, but tbh I don't want to pay $30 (in my country) for a foundation that I can only use once in a while. Maybe this foundation is just not meant for everyone.

on 7/20/2018 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is heavy as frick but it's great if you've got a pizza face like mine. It really does not move. I'll always fall back on this when my face is a disaster, as it usually is

on 1/13/2018 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have super oily skin and I've been trying to find a long wearing foundation for as long as I can remember. I've considered buying this for years but I'm not a fan of heavy matte looking finishes so I was always wary, and the first time I swatched this the scent reminded me of that foundation smell of paint which I don't love . My usual favourite foundation is mac face and body and this is almost the opposite to that.
I use a hydrating primer underneath as I find its best, and if I add some all nighters setting spray this looks almost dewy so you can definitely avoid a cake face.
I apply with a beauty blender and it's generally fine but I can't seem to build this product at all, not in the slightest? I'm not sure why but I find if I try and add slightly more coverage it will disturb and remove the foundation underneath leaving me with horrible patches. It's something I've noticed also happens when I conceal under my eyes afterwards too. I don't mind too much as it's a small area but it's not ideal and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong!
I got the colour sand, which matches me well when I'm not fake tanned but I don't mind wearing extra bronzer when my body is more tanned, although I think I'm going to purchase a more warm tanned tone to match me better. The price isn't too crazy as it performs so I don't mind buying another shade as I'll need it in summer anyway if I keep using this.
The staying power of this is not over hyped at all, it's fantastic and lasts all day long. Not just a 8 hour work day, it can stay looking beautiful well over 12 hours and beyond. I tend to use a blotting sheet at some point during the day as my skin is super oily so inevitably my skin will start getting a sheen at some point, but this blots beautifully.
I can't be certain but I have suspicions that this is starting to break me out. I'm getting spots in places I would never usually get them. It's disappointing because I otherwise love this product but I don't want to sacrifice my skin for any makeup product so it's something I'll keep an eye on. I do really like this foundation so if I have to step up my skincare routine and products then I probably would but it's not ideal haha!

Overall I do love this but I am still undecided because I'm sure it's giving me bloody spots! But I would recommend this, and the hype is well deserved! X

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Buy.it.
Forget all the "matte", "24h lasting" drugstore AND highend foundations and get this little piece of heaven instead. it feels amazing on the skin from the first application. It leaves the perfect amount of coverage (HIGH) without clogging the pores or create a thick layer of product. It complements the skin beautifully and IT LASTS. I tested out on a full day out and my skin never looked better. I checked my makeup expecting to find the usual oily mess..not a chance!! It may need a touch up after 8/9 hours but nothing before that. Even my boyfriend noticed it and complemented it. That's how i know it not only feels great but it also looks great.
It's the REAL deal!

on 6/17/2017 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation so so so so much. I dont know how to say, but everytime i applied this foundation to my face it makes me feel like having a good skin and it definitely made my day!

on 5/22/2017 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation. It has the perfect coverage, and is buildable up to a certain point. When I get embarrassed my face gets really red, and this foundation prevents the redness from seeking out. It is a life savior for me. The one thing that I do not like about this foundation is that it sometimes makes my face look patchy on certain days. For example, when I use a damp beauty blender some areas, like my cheeks, looks a little patchy. That being said though, I think this foundation looks better used with a beauty blender than a brush, but different types of applications may work better with different skin types. A dupe of this foundation is the Revlon Colorstay for oil/combination skin, but the Revlon selection is a little on the pinky/peach tones than the golden warm tones.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I had wanted to try this for ages after hearing so much about it so I went and got my free 10 day sample. If I'm going to be honest I don't really know what all the fuss is about. It's good because it gives good coverage and lasts a long time but in my opinion it is a bit of an old lady foundation, it looks incredibly thick on the skin. I find it difficult to apply because it doesn't blend easily and I have to use a lot of product. I don't like the fact there isn't a pump or an applicator of some sort. I still have to use an oil absorbing sheet at lunchtime when I wear this. Ultimately I think it just comes down to preference, if you don't mind a heavy look then it will suit you but I prefer to look youthful and healthy with a good complexion rather than like I'm caked in make up.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Only foundation that works for my combination oily skin, it is amazing coverage with a huge variety of shades. A little expensive but one bottle lasts a long time.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have a lot to say about this product. I really did try to make this work and got through the whole bottle in doing so but my opinion remains unchanged; this looks terrible on my skin.
Let's start with the positives; this foundation can be really full coverage. On the days where I was going for a really full on look, this aspect was good. Also, it does not budge. It feels almost waterproof as taking it off can prove to be a task. This makes it great for nights out. I know so many people who love this foundation, but more often than not, their skin is flawless to begin with and they have a normal skin type. This allows the foundation to just glide over the skin giving an even, full coverage finish and it does look beautiful.
However, if your skin is anything like mine, you may not like this. My friend has the exact same skin type as myself and her opinion on this foundation was the same. I have an oily T Zone which has resulted in a lot of texture. This includes breakouts, large open pores, blackheads and whiteheads. Whilst this foundation made my cheek and under eye area look flawless where my skin is normal, my T Zone looked like a hot mess. Any texture on my skin was emphasised to the point where I'd sometimes remove my foundation because I felt it looked better without it. This foundation sunk into the large pores on and around my nose, and clung to the blackheads and whiteheads making them appear larger. What made it worse was the huge contrast between this and how smooth and flawless the rest of my skin looked. My nose would look almost dry because the foundation clung and made the area look chalky. So I guess if your skin is oily without the texture, this COULD work for you to help keep your skin looking matte. However, the chalkiness on the clinging areas meant that it started to break apart as the days went on. Another disappointing factor is the packaging. It's a pumpless bottle so you have to pour it out - I wasted so much because a little of this foundation goes a long way. You can buy pumps but for a foundation of this price, you'd expect the full package without having to purchase add-ons. The pouring process also leads to mess around the top of the bottle which is inconvenient if you're in a rush and don't have time to be cleaning it up.
The reason why I said I'd repurchase this is for a couple of reasons. The first is I think this could look good for photography if it is at a distance due to the full coverage matte finish. The second is because this would look great on my clients who have more normal skin than myself.
So to summarise, this foundation has the potential to be great, just not for someone with skin like myself.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. I have very oily skin and this stuff really stays in place. I use it with Mac Pro blot powder and they staying power triples. I have yet to use this in the summer, but I'm sure it will stay put through sweat as well and it stays put through my oil. The color variations are great, if you go to the EL makeup counter they have a little digital reader that can read your skin and tell you what shade you are. That's what I did and got a perfect match. The only thing with this product though is it seems to dry my skin out a little, but I also use proactiv daily which is also drying so it could be chalked up to that. But I got a free sample of the night recovery complex with my foundation purchase and that stuff really works well for moisturizing oily skin, it soaks right in and doesn't leave any residue. Another great thing about this foundation is it doesn't break me out, at all. Great stuff!!