Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 1/3/2017 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HG foundation, definitely! I have oily, sensitive, and acne-prone skin, and we all know how hard it is to find a foundation that looks like skin, covers well, and doesnt make you look like a greaseball at the end of the day.

This takes the cake. I've used it to parties and even my 8 to 5 job. It really stays on. I recommend using a Beautyblender or a damp sponge to apply as this foundation is quite thick and is a bit tricky to blend. A damp Beautyblender will help dilute the formula a bit and will make it a breeze to apply, and will lessen any cakiness heavy-duty foundations always create. It does highlight any flakiness you might have, so make sure to moisturize well (I recommend facial oils as a prep!)

As a whole, it is a bit of a high-maintenance foundation (you need to apply to well-moisturized skin and you need to blend quickly), but it does mattify beautifully and stay all day, which works for me. Although this tends to have a whitecast on me with flash photography, I find this photographs well (aka makes your skin look good).

I took down one lippie because of the tendency of the white cast and the price (but you only need a little amount to cover the entire face).

on 12/30/2016 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily skin, so usually by mid-afternoon my makeup has melted off my face. Not a pretty sight! I had read good reviews and while I hate changing foundation it was made so easy. I was colour matched and given a sample to try, which lasted about a week and I just love it. I have slight redness and scarring but this product is great. It gives full and even coverage without looking cakey. It lasts all day and when I say all day, I mean 18+ hours. The product is thick and dries quickly and once it's set, it just stays put! My perfect match is 1W2 Sand as I'm fair but olive toned. In comparison, I was Mac Studio Fix NC15. I recommend asking for a sample from the counter so as not to waste your money if the colours not quite right.

on 12/28/2016 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first high end foundation I have purchased, and I am pretty happy with it. I cannot wear it everyday, or else my skin gets too clogged because it can be quite heavy on the skin. It is a high medium coverage that is buildable, but be careful because it can look cakey. I have pretty oily skin and this holds up and keeps me matte the longest without a mattifying primer (about 4 hours before I need to blot). The scent reminds me of paint, and you need to work fast with this foundation because it dries pretty quickly. I really do enjoy this foundation!

on 12/25/2016 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I had this one, i really wanted to love it, but no. Firstly, the bottle is such a mess. 60 euro foundation needs a pump. The foundation itself has extremely powdery consistency, it makes smears while blending. After a few hours it highlights my pores and other imperfections so bad and it also melts like crazy. Oxidize in 2 hours or less. This is just no.

on 12/20/2016 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After so long since i last shopped for foundation I finally got my hands on this! Didnt regret purchasing this one. I must say this beats my MAC prolongwear foundation. The E.L's promoter matched my shade using this particular detector and test it out with another shade to compare, and the shade detected was the one that matches me perfectly!
I applied it using my beauty blender and it's FLAWLESS. Don't really need much touch ups during the day except for my nose and forehead which is something i can't help. But last me throughout the day despite how busy I am with long working hours. Found my new favourite already that suits my skin perfectly. Got to try applying it with a brush someday and see how it looks like! The only thing that i do not like is the packaging; the product is kinda runny so it makes it a little messy when you wanna pour it.

on 12/19/2016 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Best foundation I have tried, I have very pale skin and the shade 1N1 matched me really well.I do have ance problems and very oily skin and it does good job for both of them.Medium to full coverage, buildable enough but you have to work quickly in my opinion.It stays flawless for at least 8 hours which is the least time I wear it every day.It works perfectly with the double wear concealer, It doesnt make my big pores stand out neither my pimples.And it has a perfect matte finish without looking dry af.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I LOVE this foundation! This is my absolute go-to foundation when i just neeeed to look good on a day because i know its not gonna let me down.
I have very oily skin and i am somewhere between NC42-44. I mix Bronze and Spiced Sand to get my perfect shade. I know there is an in-betweener shade called Toasty Toffee if i remember correctly but unfortunately i haven't been able to find it anywhereee!

About the foundation, it just makes my skin look a million times better. I find that my face gets less oily when i use this and it gives such a beautiful finish that is not to matte/flat but certainly not dewy. Its hard to explain...it just makes me look flawless.
Everything else i apply with this also seem to stay on longer...blush, shadow, highlighter. Even my mum commented that i looked so fresh, just as i did when i left my home early in the morning, although i live in a super humid, hot, country and had been out basically the whole day! This is not usual for me. When i use MAC studio fix, i just look like a tired oily mess in a few hours. Most foundations tend to slide off and disappear by the end of the day for me.
So i'm very very pleased with this!
For reference, i apply a bit on the back of my hand and buff it in with my RT all purpose brush, color correct and then cover the corrected parts with a bit more foundation and a beauty blender. The result is flawless skin with excellent coverage.
Although this foundation is thick, it doesn't feel so on the skin. With the right technique, it looks gorgeous!
My pet peeve though, is that it doesn't have a pump...i tend to pour out more product than i need because of this. That is really annoying since its not cheap! Come on Estee Lauder...you charge enough for this to afford to provide a freaking pump!

on 12/3/2016 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a staple foundation in my collection. I will warn you this is defiantly a full coverage foundation on the matte side. If you like more a light, dewy foundation this is defiantly not for you. This is not a natural looking foundation. I wear this on days I want my foundation to last the whole day and cover everything. It is a great foundation and looks really nice on the skin. Good choice for oily skinnned girls. I took took off a lippy as for the price it should have a pump.

on 11/19/2016 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG foundation! I've been using this for years and it's never let me down. It stays on my face all day, and it breaks my heart at 10pm at night when it still looks flawless and I have to take it all off :(
When my skin changed In my early 20's due to pregnancy, it still stayed on my oily, slick breakout skin and hid the shine really well which was unbelievable cause my skin was super sensitive and red raw from my usual exfoliators no longer working on my post pregnancy skin.
Now that I use all the right skin care products and my skin's oil is completely under control, it just looks stunning and natural and has a glow that it gives my skin which I've never seen with makeup ever before.
I dot it all over my face from the bottle with clean fingers and use a beauty blender to blend it into my skin over the top of my concealer and primer. I then use a pressed power over the top to seal it and I don't re apply ever!! I use a micellar water makeup remover with a cotton pad to remove it and it comes off to easily in one wipe.
It looks matte and makes my skin look poreless and smooth.
The price is rough at $52 a bottle from Myer in Australia but a 30ml bottle literally lasts me a whole year because I only wear makeup twice a week as I run a business from my home so it's worth it for me.

on 11/2/2016 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hands down my favorite foundation. I'm 30 with combo dehydrated skin, fine lines on forehead and between brows and large pores on nose and sides of nose. This is the only foundation that works for me! I apply it with real techniques sponge set with nars crystal pressed and finish with mac fix plus spray and it looks amazing and last all day. It looks better as the day goes on. I work 9 hr shifts overnight and i get sweaty but by the time i leave i have people complementing my makeup saying how does it look so good after all night. I will continue to repurchase and highly recommend to all.