Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

on 5/7/2018 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My HG foundation for over ten years! I have oily, acne-prone skin, so I like a matte, longlasting finish and this does the deed. This is almost full coverage, but you can sheer it out if you want to (add a bit of moisturizer) on 'natural' days or build it up on 'bad skin days'. You only need a small amount, because if you use too much, it will look cakey. If you are more on the dry/normal side it might accentuate dry patches, so moisturise well before using this. The bottle is glass, so not that great for traveling. It doesn't come with a pump (sigh..) but you can buy one separately. The smell is quite neutral and faint, not disturbing or anything at all. Despite the price, which is quite high, I will keep repurchasing because this gives me a nice finish, good coverage and lasts most of the day (with setting powder on top), and I have not find any other (drugstore or luxury) foundation to match this one. I also really appreciate the fact that they have a wide array of shades with different undertones, from very fair to very dark, although my shade is only available online in my country. I am a NW15-20 in Mac (fair with cool undertones) for reference and I use 1n2 Ecru in EL Double Wear (I can make 2n1 Desert Beige also work for me). Note: I prefer the neutral undertone to the more pinkish undertone of the c-shades (c=cool, n=neutral, w=warm).

on 1/15/2018 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

If you have oily skin and want a long wear, medium coverage upon first coat, full coverage with 2 coats foundation, JUST GET IT. It really is the BEST on the market. I have been there, done that, and CONTINUE to venture out just out of curiosity and this remains untouchable for HG. All the other samples of enticing new foundations get tossed and I apologize to my double wear while kissing the bottle the next morning. Also, the shade match is the most impeccable I've found in ANY brand ever. A $42 bottle lasts me 2-3 months, and for almost every day use and such a reliable product, I find that to be a good price. My Estee Lauder counter gave me a pump for free & I just sanitize it and reuse it with each repurchase. But I think it's like 10 bucks, just get it if you don't make friends with your SA.

Disclaimers:
- Because the texture of this foundation is like PAINT (in a good way that feels very comfortable to the skin) you HAVE to have a moisturized base to lay it down on or it will NOT LOOK GOOD. It covers like a dream so if you have acne or issues you will love it, but you have to make sure your skin is hydrated first.
- If you are really oily like me, it's not a miraculous enough product that you still don't have to set with powder and setting spray. I start to look dewy at the 4-6 hour mark depending on the weather (but experience no dissappearance or patchiness which is why this is bomb). At that time I like to blot and/or apply pressed translucent powder and it looks good like I just applied for at least another 4 hours.
- Technique is very relative to how you're going to like this foundation. I find using a duo fibre brush to buff it in using light layers makes it look like my skin is naturally airbrushed. If you apply it with a damp beauty blender, it sheers it out alot & you get a very see thru light coverage, and I find the lasting power struggles even after setting powder and setting spray when using that method. Which might be what some people are going for, and in that case, applied that way those people will dig this foundation too.

on 1/13/2018 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have super oily skin and I've been trying to find a long wearing foundation for as long as I can remember. I've considered buying this for years but I'm not a fan of heavy matte looking finishes so I was always wary, and the first time I swatched this the scent reminded me of that foundation smell of paint which I don't love . My usual favourite foundation is mac face and body and this is almost the opposite to that.
I use a hydrating primer underneath as I find its best, and if I add some all nighters setting spray this looks almost dewy so you can definitely avoid a cake face.
I apply with a beauty blender and it's generally fine but I can't seem to build this product at all, not in the slightest? I'm not sure why but I find if I try and add slightly more coverage it will disturb and remove the foundation underneath leaving me with horrible patches. It's something I've noticed also happens when I conceal under my eyes afterwards too. I don't mind too much as it's a small area but it's not ideal and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong!
I got the colour sand, which matches me well when I'm not fake tanned but I don't mind wearing extra bronzer when my body is more tanned, although I think I'm going to purchase a more warm tanned tone to match me better. The price isn't too crazy as it performs so I don't mind buying another shade as I'll need it in summer anyway if I keep using this.
The staying power of this is not over hyped at all, it's fantastic and lasts all day long. Not just a 8 hour work day, it can stay looking beautiful well over 12 hours and beyond. I tend to use a blotting sheet at some point during the day as my skin is super oily so inevitably my skin will start getting a sheen at some point, but this blots beautifully.
I can't be certain but I have suspicions that this is starting to break me out. I'm getting spots in places I would never usually get them. It's disappointing because I otherwise love this product but I don't want to sacrifice my skin for any makeup product so it's something I'll keep an eye on. I do really like this foundation so if I have to step up my skincare routine and products then I probably would but it's not ideal haha!

Overall I do love this but I am still undecided because I'm sure it's giving me bloody spots! But I would recommend this, and the hype is well deserved! X

on 12/26/2017 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have very oily skin, rosacea, and post acne scarring & discoloration. This foundation makes my skin look not only flawless but natural. And it stays on all day despite my oil production. Very impressive. People actually think my skin looks this way naturally (haha). Only thing is I wish it was more full coverage. With other foundations I use a beauty blender but for some reason I have to use a brush with this. Otherwise it just doesn’t cover well. It does blend very well, though. I also hate that it doesn’t have a pump yet. It’s expensive enough to have a pump-c’mon now EL. UPDATE: Do not buy this if you have dry skin! I had forgotten that it dries to dry patches badly until winter rolled around. Just reminded me that if I had dry skin all the time, I would not purchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After I've started using this product, I came to know that what the word "holy grail product" actually means. Formerly I used to think that it is normal for foundations to come off from my face with smartphone screen, or crease after a few hours. But after I've started using this foundation, my expectation from the 'foundation' department has been sky-touching! It is expensive, but I don't regret spending my money on it. In fact, I'll certainly purchase another bottle, when I'll use it all up. It worths every penny.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the foundation itself. It is literally the only foundation that sticks to my oil slick face. I can make this look natural, applied either with buffing brush or beauty blender. I have been using this for about 8years and have yet to find something else I prefer. I do dislike that it doesnt come with a pump, but I just decant into another bottle. I will say it is harsh to wear constantly like I have been and trying to reduce the amount of daily wear. If you have oily skin and need a good foundation, I do recommend it. This covers my redness from thread veins. It can plog pores though, so make sure it is removed each night.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Buy.it.
Forget all the "matte", "24h lasting" drugstore AND highend foundations and get this little piece of heaven instead. it feels amazing on the skin from the first application. It leaves the perfect amount of coverage (HIGH) without clogging the pores or create a thick layer of product. It complements the skin beautifully and IT LASTS. I tested out on a full day out and my skin never looked better. I checked my makeup expecting to find the usual oily mess..not a chance!! It may need a touch up after 8/9 hours but nothing before that. Even my boyfriend noticed it and complemented it. That's how i know it not only feels great but it also looks great.
It's the REAL deal!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My holy grail foundation! The best for coverage and for combination/oily skin!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm having mixed feelings about this product. I have a very oily skin, but I also have a lot of flakiness from dry patches.

Yes, this foundation does stay matte for a loooooong period of time. I am loving this aspect of the foundation and I can understand why it's so well loved by many who has oily skin.

However, it's not that great for those who suffers from acne, textured skin etc. The foundation is so matte that it actually dries the skin (probably because of the presence of alcohol). It makes my skin look so old and bad. Maybe it's just because I haven't moisturise my face enough, or that I didn't exfoliate my face before using this foundation.

I'm just really not loving this foundation as much as I wanted to... Maybe I'll give it another try when my skin is in a better condition.

on 6/17/2017 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation so so so so much. I dont know how to say, but everytime i applied this foundation to my face it makes me feel like having a good skin and it definitely made my day!