Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone age: 19-24
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

I don't like this foundation since it feels so heavy on my skin.

I like full cover foundations, but this one is not a good one for me.

Also if you try to apply more layers, it creates patches in the application, which i never have with other foundations!

and there is no pump on the bottle, which kind of sucks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have acne-prone skin. I decided to get this foundation as I had read some reviews on various websites that said it was good for acne-prone skin. However, I had to stop using it due to my skin breaking out so bad! I would put this on in the morning, and by mid-day my skin would be feeling so greasy and oily! Whether it is an ingredient in the foundation that my skin just doesn't agree with - I don't know. But I defiantly won't be buying again.

The packaging was good and I found the price reasonable just a shame my skin didn't like it!

on 6/29/2015 7:59:00 PM

This broke me out like CRAZY!

on 3/9/2015 12:02:00 AM

One of the worst foundations I've ever used. DOES NOT blend. Very dry at first, then settles into creases but looks like an oil slick after 30 minutes

on 10/28/2014 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So I tried this foundation, I wanted to love it but it was all wrong for me.
Usually I have oily skin but this foundation actually felt so dry on and dried my skin out.
I feel like you have to work with this foundation really quick because once it dries a bit and you try to put another layer on it just becomes a mess and comes off or looks cakey. I find it hard to blend around the nose, and I finally got it right one night, left the house, looked in a mirror and it was all streaky in places. The coverage is great and i can see how if you worked with one layer of this and blended it quickly it could look very natural, but this foundation is just to much work for me.

on 6/21/2014 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

First of all, I was very disappointed that I didn't like this foundation since there was so many great reviews. I don't know why, (because I tried it without a primer, with a primer, a different one, and then a different one etc.) but this foundation breaks out on my skin. It looks perfect freshly apply with an amazing coverage but it separates itself after an hour!! I would also love a pump according to the price.

*Warning* If you live in Australia Estee Lauder have reformulated the iconic foundation and added SPF 10. I had been wearing this foundation for five years and it was the only thing I could put on my skin that would never break me out and lasted for 12 hours. I recently repurchased without knowing about the reformulation and the formula/consistency/feeling and longevity were completely different. When I put it on I thought they must've made a bad batch and I bought an unlucky bottle. I went about doing my face as normal. The coverage has been halved, product separates and disappears if any cream products are layered on top (concealer blush etc). Does not stick to certain areas of the face, will not layer, cakes and feels disgusting on the skin, before you could not feel it, and now it feels hot and heavy.
The worst part, after six hours of wear I come home and I have clogged pores all over my face. It managed to break me out in six hours! (my skin is really allergic to chemical spf, so all spf in foundation)
I'm devastated, I wish they bought out an spf version whilst keeping the orginal. It would've made much more sense considering how many people are allergic to chemical sunscreen

on 10/4/2017 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation does control oil and is long wearing, it lasts all day.
However, it is cakey, and it looks like your wearing a lot of foundation even if you use a smaller amount, and blend it in with a damp beauty blender with a good primer. It looks very heavy and crapey and my skin is normal/oily. I like this foundation mixed in with others or on top of other foundations, to build up coverage only where i need it. I love a full coverage but not when it looks like a thick cakey mask. This also oxidised slightly and emphasised pores. I dont think dry skin would like this at all. Its not bad for a night out, i know i can rely on it to last all night and at night no one can see my cakey face, but for day wear, big NO

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used to see this foundation as my holy grail - full coverage for my acne and scarring and lasted pretty much all day. I re bought this for around 3 years....

So why the low review?
As I have had bad skin for around 8 years I decided to take some action by going to dermatologist. She took one look at my face (without make up.... eeekk!) and said "you wear double wear and if you continue I will not help you". Apparently double wear contains the worst ingredients possible and since stopping wearing it 5 weeks ago I've has zero break outs.

please, if you have bad/acne prone skin and use this... give your skin a break from it and you'll notice a difference.

on 11/9/2015 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

It's with a heavy heart that I give this foundation 2 lipsticks.

The colour match is really good - although it took 2 visits to the Estée Lauder counter to get the correct shade. I love the flawless finish it gives and the staying power is very impressive.

HOWEVER.

Everything I wear it, I breakout in cystic acne bumps. I tried to convince myself that it wasn't the cause but after switching foundations and wearing no foundation base, I've realised that unfortunately this was the cause.

It's a shame.. But I've got to let it go :(