Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone age: 19-24
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

on 6/16/2018 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you're looking for transfer resistant, look no further. This stuff does not budge! I was recommended this quite a few times as I'm always in search of full coverage for my cystic acne and redness. Some days it would cover everything, other bad skin days id need more. This foundation really oxidizes more than any other I've used. Unfortunately, this did make my acne worse with regular use, and really clinged to acne scars/healing acne, but I kept the bottle for occasional days/nights that I wanted a transfer resistant foundation which is always nice to have! Mixing with a lighter concealer has helped the oxidizing issue slightly. It looks amazing when first applied, however throughout the day, I notice it really catching any dry spots or textured areas. This foundation would be great for those who only have redness! Wouldn't recommend to anyone with textured skin. Definite down side is the packaging. I feel that it is messy when having to pour it out of the bottle!

on 3/22/2018 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Okay let me just start off by saying this, this is not an everyday foundation! It’s a beautiful foundation if you want to have a super flawless dolled up for the club for hoenanigans look. It’s very full coverage and it stays on forever, but it’s too cakey looking for everyday. But it does cover everything and I would definitely say use it for special occasions. Unless you like the full full coverage. Personally, I only use it when I’m going out clubbing or somewhere where I need to look extra.

on 2/17/2018 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best high end long wear foundation ever! Love the coverage.

*Warning* If you live in Australia Estee Lauder have reformulated the iconic foundation and added SPF 10. I had been wearing this foundation for five years and it was the only thing I could put on my skin that would never break me out and lasted for 12 hours. I recently repurchased without knowing about the reformulation and the formula/consistency/feeling and longevity were completely different. When I put it on I thought they must've made a bad batch and I bought an unlucky bottle. I went about doing my face as normal. The coverage has been halved, product separates and disappears if any cream products are layered on top (concealer blush etc). Does not stick to certain areas of the face, will not layer, cakes and feels disgusting on the skin, before you could not feel it, and now it feels hot and heavy.
The worst part, after six hours of wear I come home and I have clogged pores all over my face. It managed to break me out in six hours! (my skin is really allergic to chemical spf, so all spf in foundation)
I'm devastated, I wish they bought out an spf version whilst keeping the orginal. It would've made much more sense considering how many people are allergic to chemical sunscreen

on 12/8/2017 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really love this foundation and it is the closest thing to perfect that I can find, which is why I see myself sticking to it for a long time to come. My skin is acne-prone and also very oily.

PROS-
Shade- a very good match to my fair, neutral skin (I use 1N1).

Coverage- a medium to full coverage. I find it covers my redness and acne/scarring quite well, but a little bit of redness does peek through.

Finish- definitely a matte foundation, although I find it isn't too much of a flat matte. If I don't set it, after about 15-30 minutes it becomes more of a soft matte.

Longevity- this foundation has the longest wear time that I have found on my very oily skin, about 7-9 hours of it looking quite good and me blotting once or twice. If I'm only wearing it for a few hours I've begun to not set my face w powder afterwards which is something unheard of w my skin.

CONS-
Formula- for me this is the biggest con. I find the liquid to be so thick and set so fast that it can be difficult to work with as it's more time consuming and feels heavier on the skin. It also cannot build on itself- I used to apply a little like concealer over any spots I had, but it would always set much darker than the rest of my face so I would end up having little orange splotches over the places I tried to cover. If you want full coverage you have to go in heavily w it cause once it sets, that's it. However I imagine this is the price one pays for a foundation with such good coverage and decent wear time.

Price- $46CAD is a lot for a foundation, however because you need so little to get the medium coverage I most often go for that to me it's worth it.

Longevity- as a con, my ideal foundation would last for about 12 hours, which this foundation simply cannot do on my oily skin. It just gets way too oily, begins to separate, and can sometimes pool into my pores so it looks like I have freckles of foundation.

Packaging- of course, cause no one likes that it doesn't come w a gd pump lol

OVERALL-
I had been on the hunt for a foundation that matched me well, did not break me out, and lasted a long time with my very oily skin for so damn long that for now ELDW is close enough. For now I am pleased with ELDW and very much recommend it to anyone w oily skin (altho my bff has very dry skin and it's her HG!)

on 11/28/2017 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

THIS foundation is by far the greatest foundation I have ever used. I have combination skin and nothing holds up with it like this does. The color selection is great and the price is affordable.

on 10/24/2017 7:30:00 AM

Best foundation ever! I have tried plenty of foundations throughout the years and keep going back to this one. This does not oxidise or start to fall apart on your face throughout the day, it last very long however if applied heavy-handedly it can look very thick and fake on the face so I will advise to apply where you need the most coverage and blend it outwards, that helps it look more natural.

on 10/4/2017 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation does control oil and is long wearing, it lasts all day.
However, it is cakey, and it looks like your wearing a lot of foundation even if you use a smaller amount, and blend it in with a damp beauty blender with a good primer. It looks very heavy and crapey and my skin is normal/oily. I like this foundation mixed in with others or on top of other foundations, to build up coverage only where i need it. I love a full coverage but not when it looks like a thick cakey mask. This also oxidised slightly and emphasised pores. I dont think dry skin would like this at all. Its not bad for a night out, i know i can rely on it to last all night and at night no one can see my cakey face, but for day wear, big NO

I always go back to this foundation. Love/hate relationship. I apply this with a damp beauty blender for less coverage. If I want a little more coverage I apply this foundation with a sigma f80. I have dry skin due to the fact that I was accutane twice. I love the fact that I don't have to touch up throughout the day with this foundation, after one application I know that I am good to go, although the more I start using it on a daily basis I find the texture of my skin to dry out and look dull. Also due to the fact that this foundation can be very heavy I find that it can clog my pores. I have tried to switch to other foundations but always seem to come back, mainly due to the fact that I don't have to touch up throughout the day and the color selection is spot on.
I have recently tried Maybelline matte and poreless foundation but realized that you get what you pay for, and for me personally I would rather spend a little more on my foundation, looks like I'm going back to my double wear.

on 6/18/2017 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been wearing this foundation for years now. I will always recommend this as my holy grail. I have normal to oily skin with a breakout here and there. It has amazing coverage that is buildable. It stays in place and as long as you use a good mattifying primer to prevent it from getting oily. I can't say enough good things about this foundation and the price is worth what you get.