Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

on 3/22/2018 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Okay let me just start off by saying this, this is not an everyday foundation! It’s a beautiful foundation if you want to have a super flawless dolled up for the club for hoenanigans look. It’s very full coverage and it stays on forever, but it’s too cakey looking for everyday. But it does cover everything and I would definitely say use it for special occasions. Unless you like the full full coverage. Personally, I only use it when I’m going out clubbing or somewhere where I need to look extra.

on 2/26/2018 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

HG foundation, hands down. No matter what I try, I come running back to this. I had a bit of a time finding my perfect match. I'm NC15 in MAC, and I am neutral leaning a tad yellow. I tried 1N2, and that shade was thisclose to being perfect. Then, I tried 1W1 and ta da! Perfection! That said, I am pale, but I'm definitely not the palest in the world. So, I'm not sure how super pale girls will fare in this line (although they recently released some additional shades in other undertones, so perhaps they will introduce a very, very fair warm-leaning shade soon?). The finish isn't so matte that it makes your face look like dried cake frosting, but it isn't dewy, either. It's like the perfect balance. And this stuff just STICKS to your face like glue, but I haven't had any issues with breakouts on my acne-prone face. I can do a 30-minute full on cardio workout wearing this foundation, and it doesn't budge. The coverage is solid medium and buildable to full, but I can't imagine anyone needing much more than medium coverage in this line. My acne scars will attest to that for you! Finally, I have true combo skin, thanks to my rx retin-a. But I don't find this clings too terribly to my dry patches, as long as I sufficiently exfoliate with my Clarisonic.

on 2/17/2018 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best high end long wear foundation ever! Love the coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is fantastic. Makes my skin look flawless and without that horrible mask like look. Plus it lasts. This is my favorite "going out" foundation.

You do have to exfoliate well and moisturize before applying, that's for sure.

One problem is that I wish it came with a pump.

on 2/2/2018 5:17:00 AM

Double wear is the most amazing coverage, I struggled with a good color match. The new 3.15 Fawn is an exact match for my light / medium olive skin. I couldn’t be happier unless they start making in the nude water fresh.

*Warning* If you live in Australia Estee Lauder have reformulated the iconic foundation and added SPF 10. I had been wearing this foundation for five years and it was the only thing I could put on my skin that would never break me out and lasted for 12 hours. I recently repurchased without knowing about the reformulation and the formula/consistency/feeling and longevity were completely different. When I put it on I thought they must've made a bad batch and I bought an unlucky bottle. I went about doing my face as normal. The coverage has been halved, product separates and disappears if any cream products are layered on top (concealer blush etc). Does not stick to certain areas of the face, will not layer, cakes and feels disgusting on the skin, before you could not feel it, and now it feels hot and heavy.
The worst part, after six hours of wear I come home and I have clogged pores all over my face. It managed to break me out in six hours! (my skin is really allergic to chemical spf, so all spf in foundation)
I'm devastated, I wish they bought out an spf version whilst keeping the orginal. It would've made much more sense considering how many people are allergic to chemical sunscreen

I love this foundation!! I have oily, acne prone skin. I have tried all kinds of drug store brands. I have even tried the dupe for this foundation(revlon color stay). None really worked with my skin type. A friend told me about this one. I was skeptical. I have always been bargain buyer. On a whim, I bought this and tried it. I'm so glad I did. It doesn't break me out. It is kinda thick going on, but it has great coverage as it covers my acne scares. It is very mattifying. I love that, But if thats not the look you are going for, then you aren't going to like it. I only have to blot and powder one time during my 10 hour work day(usually after i eat lunch). I have gotten lots of compliments on my make up since i switched to this. This has become my holy grail foundation. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that it doesn't have a pump.

on 12/31/2017 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a great coverage foundation. I have oily and acne prone skin with acne scars and the coverage is very buildable. However, there are better brands out there which last longer than this one. I have to powder my face quite often throughout the day to get rid of excess shine. Also the shade range is not the best and I have found it makes my skin look quite orangey. Overall a good foundation but not the best.

on 12/8/2017 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really love this foundation and it is the closest thing to perfect that I can find, which is why I see myself sticking to it for a long time to come. My skin is acne-prone and also very oily.

PROS-
Shade- a very good match to my fair, neutral skin (I use 1N1).

Coverage- a medium to full coverage. I find it covers my redness and acne/scarring quite well, but a little bit of redness does peek through.

Finish- definitely a matte foundation, although I find it isn't too much of a flat matte. If I don't set it, after about 15-30 minutes it becomes more of a soft matte.

Longevity- this foundation has the longest wear time that I have found on my very oily skin, about 7-9 hours of it looking quite good and me blotting once or twice. If I'm only wearing it for a few hours I've begun to not set my face w powder afterwards which is something unheard of w my skin.

CONS-
Formula- for me this is the biggest con. I find the liquid to be so thick and set so fast that it can be difficult to work with as it's more time consuming and feels heavier on the skin. It also cannot build on itself- I used to apply a little like concealer over any spots I had, but it would always set much darker than the rest of my face so I would end up having little orange splotches over the places I tried to cover. If you want full coverage you have to go in heavily w it cause once it sets, that's it. However I imagine this is the price one pays for a foundation with such good coverage and decent wear time.

Price- $46CAD is a lot for a foundation, however because you need so little to get the medium coverage I most often go for that to me it's worth it.

Longevity- as a con, my ideal foundation would last for about 12 hours, which this foundation simply cannot do on my oily skin. It just gets way too oily, begins to separate, and can sometimes pool into my pores so it looks like I have freckles of foundation.

Packaging- of course, cause no one likes that it doesn't come w a gd pump lol

OVERALL-
I had been on the hunt for a foundation that matched me well, did not break me out, and lasted a long time with my very oily skin for so damn long that for now ELDW is close enough. For now I am pleased with ELDW and very much recommend it to anyone w oily skin (altho my bff has very dry skin and it's her HG!)

on 11/28/2017 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

THIS foundation is by far the greatest foundation I have ever used. I have combination skin and nothing holds up with it like this does. The color selection is great and the price is affordable.