Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

I really like this foundation. I have oily skin and this stays in place beautifully. The coverage is really nice and it does not look heavy on the skin. It does not have a prominent scent. I am quite fair and i have the shade 2C0 cool vanilla, which is slightly too dark but it's easy to balance it out with concealer. The only downside is that the bottle does not come with a pump so you have to pour the foundation out or buy a separate pump. The bottle contains 1fl. oz. which is a pretty standard amount of product for a foundation. This foundation is also a little pricey at over 50€ (57 USD).

I like a full coverage with a matte finish so the Estee Lauder Double Wear is like my perfect bff. It controlled oiliness very well, 5 hours until I had the need to blot and it didn't fade until I took it off at the end of the day, even on my oiliest areas such as my t-zone. It also covered all the minor scars and hyperpigmentation very well. It gave a smooth-matte and non cakey finish.

Since I live in a humid beach area, you can imagine how impressed I am with this foundation when I wore it to the beach and it stayed throughout the day without making my face look greasy. Neither was I wearing a primer nor setting spray, I only set it with a translucent loose powder. My skin didn't get any bad reactions from this foundation. I'm happy, so does my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great coverage. It's expensive but it's the only foundation that won't break me out. My skin is pretty oily and break out easily.

I always go back to this foundation. Love/hate relationship. I apply this with a damp beauty blender for less coverage. If I want a little more coverage I apply this foundation with a sigma f80. I have dry skin due to the fact that I was accutane twice. I love the fact that I don't have to touch up throughout the day with this foundation, after one application I know that I am good to go, although the more I start using it on a daily basis I find the texture of my skin to dry out and look dull. Also due to the fact that this foundation can be very heavy I find that it can clog my pores. I have tried to switch to other foundations but always seem to come back, mainly due to the fact that I don't have to touch up throughout the day and the color selection is spot on.
I have recently tried Maybelline matte and poreless foundation but realized that you get what you pay for, and for me personally I would rather spend a little more on my foundation, looks like I'm going back to my double wear.

on 6/18/2017 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been wearing this foundation for years now. I will always recommend this as my holy grail. I have normal to oily skin with a breakout here and there. It has amazing coverage that is buildable. It stays in place and as long as you use a good mattifying primer to prevent it from getting oily. I can't say enough good things about this foundation and the price is worth what you get.

on 5/24/2017 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got a two samples of this foundation; the lightest in the warm and cool range. Both were INCREDIBLY dark!!! I am quite pale but I wouldn't say I'm extremely pale, Im between a mac NC10 and NC15 . I decided to brave it and try the formula anyway because I figured if the formula was great I could just buy lightening drops from nyx or somewhere else. The formula feels so dry and cakey and it looked like a mask on my face. I was excited as it's meant to be good coverage but it was medium at best and you could still see some acne scars through the dry cakey mask.
For anyone who's looking for a medium coverage foundation that actually looks like skin I'd really recommend the YSL touche eclat foundation over this; it doesn't cover all my acne scars with one layer but when you layer a but more or use concealer it looks perfect and it's totally breathable and just way better than this.
Honestly disappointed.

I try so many products and i have sensitive acne prone skin and this foundation doesn't cause acne or cystic acne like others this is most important thing for me and this foundation have a buildable coverage and perfect for summer because realy stay in place all day

on 4/10/2017 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has been my favourite and go-to foundation since 11 years ago. I have oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin with a lot of acne scars. This covers very well, doesn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts, looks nice and it's the only foundation that lasts on my oily face for more than 7 hours. Occasionally, I tried out other foundation but haven't found another one that beats this. Some people say it's cakey, but I have no issue with it because I always use moisturizer with SPF 30+ underneath it and apply it with thin layer and gradually build the coverage in areas that require a bit more coverage. It doesn't work well with brushes. The best way to apply it is with a sponge blender or BB. It does take a bit more effort to take it off thoroughly because it has very good staying power. I don't think it's full coverage because it allows some skin imperfections showing through even after two layers. It's a decent medium coverage foundation that it's suitable for oily, combination or normal skin. I wish it comes with a pump though.

For reference, my MAC shade is MAC 15-25. I wear DW shade 1W2 Sand and 2W1 Dawn.

on 3/21/2017 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This will cover everthing. But be aware that this is not a neutral looking foundation. Other will notice that you have makeup on, but it will make skin look flawless, and stays on all day.

Very good fooundation

on 3/19/2017 9:06:00 AM

I love this foundation. My mother has used it since she was in high school and she has great skin even today. So, now I use it! It gives a matte finish somewhat so that you really do not need to add powder, unless you just prefer it after to smooth things over. It has been around a long time so you know they must be doing something right!