Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 5/24/2017 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got a two samples of this foundation; the lightest in the warm and cool range. Both were INCREDIBLY dark!!! I am quite pale but I wouldn't say I'm extremely pale, Im between a mac NC10 and NC15 . I decided to brave it and try the formula anyway because I figured if the formula was great I could just buy lightening drops from nyx or somewhere else. The formula feels so dry and cakey and it looked like a mask on my face. I was excited as it's meant to be good coverage but it was medium at best and you could still see some acne scars through the dry cakey mask.
For anyone who's looking for a medium coverage foundation that actually looks like skin I'd really recommend the YSL touche eclat foundation over this; it doesn't cover all my acne scars with one layer but when you layer a but more or use concealer it looks perfect and it's totally breathable and just way better than this.
Honestly disappointed.

I try so many products and i have sensitive acne prone skin and this foundation doesn't cause acne or cystic acne like others this is most important thing for me and this foundation have a buildable coverage and perfect for summer because realy stay in place all day

on 4/10/2017 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has been my favourite and go-to foundation since 11 years ago. I have oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin with a lot of acne scars. This covers very well, doesn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts, looks nice and it's the only foundation that lasts on my oily face for more than 7 hours. Occasionally, I tried out other foundation but haven't found another one that beats this. Some people say it's cakey, but I have no issue with it because I always use moisturizer with SPF 30+ underneath it and apply it with thin layer and gradually build the coverage in areas that require a bit more coverage. It doesn't work well with brushes. The best way to apply it is with a sponge blender or BB. It does take a bit more effort to take it off thoroughly because it has very good staying power. I don't think it's full coverage because it allows some skin imperfections showing through even after two layers. It's a decent medium coverage foundation that it's suitable for oily, combination or normal skin. I wish it comes with a pump though.

For reference, my MAC shade is MAC 15-25. I wear DW shade 1W2 Sand and 2W1 Dawn.

on 3/21/2017 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This will cover everthing. But be aware that this is not a neutral looking foundation. Other will notice that you have makeup on, but it will make skin look flawless, and stays on all day.

Very good fooundation

on 3/19/2017 9:06:00 AM

I love this foundation. My mother has used it since she was in high school and she has great skin even today. So, now I use it! It gives a matte finish somewhat so that you really do not need to add powder, unless you just prefer it after to smooth things over. It has been around a long time so you know they must be doing something right!

on 3/12/2017 6:59:00 AM

Pros:
-covers purple/ red acne scarring relatively well if built up (i use the RT miracle sponge and foundation shade 2w0, im a c25 in mac concealer and powder and 20 in maybelline fit my foundation for reference)
-doesnt wear off throughout the day (i blot my face around hour 3 as i get oily fast, if im feeling fancy then i'll dust over with my elf hd powder and pray with the mini fix plus i keep in my bag)

Cons:
-expensive (im from Hong Kong and makeup here is usually marked up, apparently in the US, this costs 39$ and I got mine for 47$)
-breaks apart on nose area really fast (my typical routine is foundation, concealer, set with powder but before i have even had the time to set with powder, i can already see it breaking apart on my nose, i didn't notice this at first and after i set my nose i saw the little dots of oil, it was gross and i tried building it up and fixing it with more foundation which didn't work and made it look worse and cakey, havent found a way past this so now i just use my healthy mix foundation on my nose and under my eyes in shade 51)
-doesn't seem hygienic and packaging is annoying as there is no pump

Not sure if would repurchase, i like it for my acne scarring but not sure if i would pay that much again or if i would rather just spend more time with concealer covering

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The lightest shade available in my country is Pebble. Which is way to dark and orange for me. Which is ofcourse my problem and not the product's. I bought it anyways because it made my skin look flawless and it dries very nice and quickly. Im going to try and lighten it with the La Girl Pro HD liquid foundation in White because Ive heard they have the same quick drying formula.
The only downside: the stupid opening. No pump. Just letting the product pour out...

Will report back, make up soldiers!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I seriously think something might be wrong (or just different?) with my skin since I can't seem to get this foundation to work for me.

I keep giving this foundation a chance every few years due to all the rave reviews I keep reading! I keep hoping that maybe my skin has changed and that this foundation will one day look good on me. But sadly, Double Wear is honestly one of the worst foundations I've ever used.

This isn't the first highly-rated foundation that looks terrible on me (Revlon Colorstay liquid: I'm looking at you!), so I'm beginning to think it must be an ingredient(s) that my skin just can't handle.

The pros:
- Covers my red acne marks to a certain degree

The cons:
- Feels and looks like paint, no matter how I apply it
- It sits on top of my skin
- Makes my skin look dull/dead
- While it does cover acne, it still requires more layers (for me) than my other HG foundations
- Can't find a good shade match (2N1 and 2W1 are the closest)
- The glass bottle does not have a pump, so you have to be careful not to pour the foundation too quickly

I'm a little jealous that this seems to work for so many others! ;) I'm going to keep researching what ingredients are in this foundation that my skin doesn't like, so that I can be aware and avoid it in the future.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love that it covers beautifully and stays put all day, I also love the yellow undertone. However, I do find that it's a bit too obvious on the face, it leaves a bit of a powdery finish. So I mix this with a liquid highlighter and apply it with a damp beauty blender. This way the result is more natural but still allows for a high coverage.

I would advice to thoroughly cleanse the skin after wearing this foundation. After my initial purchase and after wearing this foundation undiluted and without primer for a few days I noticed some skin irritation. With a primer underneath this doesn't seem to happen.

Great foundation, will repurchase for long days when a perfect make-up look is required.

on 2/18/2017 4:54:00 AM

Very good coverage and stayed true to its claim that it is Long wearing, water and smear proof. Can look cakey after a few hours and settle into crease lines around mouth area. Blends amazingly and definitely one of my Favourite foundation