Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

3.9

on 1/19/2019 11:28:00 PM

This product does exactly what it is advertised to do, it wears beautifully all day long, provides full coverage, and keeps your skin looking matte. I’ve used it for 6 months and loved the texture and how it made my overall skin look. HOWEVER, I have sensitive acne prone skin, I found that none of my cleansers (Philosophy, Clinique, Dermalogica) would completely remove it even with double washing. You pretty much have to scrub it off and my sensitive skin cannot exfoliate that much. This led to more breakouts over time with blackheads, little bumps everywhere, and some cystic acne. On a whim I switched to a drug store makeup made for sensitive skin and I cleared up completely. This product is great as far as durability goes, and looks stunning on even for oily skin people, but it’s long lasting properties were just too strong for what my skin needs.

on 12/20/2018 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

packaging is fancy but for the price& how high end this is, the fact that it does not come with a pump- sucks.
this is an great foundation but you really can't use too much of it. fades nicely at the end of the day if you're oily, but even then it's kind of glowy. it's not fantastic but it's okay. not worth the steep price. you can find better foundations.

on 12/19/2018 4:32:00 PM

PROS:
-awesome coverage
-buildable formula
-long-wearing
-a little goes a long way
-beautiful matte/semi-matte finish
-no oxidation/separation
-range of colours & undertones

CONS:
-no pump
-$$$
-DOES fade, if you're a massive oil slick like i am

GORGEOUS finish when applied w/ BB, but best coverage with brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is too thick and it sinks into pores after a couple of hours. Patchy in places where I have dry skin like on my chin or around my nose. I think the lighter version is way better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Color match was perfect, but it looked cakey and emphasized pores. What I would expect from a drugstore foundation so I returned it.

on 10/28/2018 3:21:00 PM

I LOVED this foundation when I first bought it. It smoothed out my skin like nothing else. It hid my acne and was full coverage but also didn't look cakey. My favourite part was that it stayed on all day. I'm a student, so I don't have much money to spend on makeup. I thought this was my HG foundation, but after a while I noticed that it made my skin look so dry. It would be perfect once applied, but then throughout the day it would sink into my skin (even when using primer) and make my skin look awful. I'm 24, but I had lines all over my face like I had never seen before. I looked like I was about 70. After 6 hours I would look super unhealthy and like my skin was very dry, when it actually isn't. I tried using different moisturisers, primers, etc underneath but unfortunately nothing worked. I stopped using it and will not be rebuying. Perhaps it may work well for people in warm climates, but it didn't work well for me in the UK. I have also spoken to friends who have experienced a similar issue... strangely, we all found that it was great in the beginning and drying/creasing problem developed later

Personnellement je suis folle de ce fond de teint il est très très magnifique il est permis les top fond de teint, il couvre bien avec une longue tenue il convient ma peau mixte j'ai beaucoup aimer sa texture son odeur.. même si il est cher mais vraiment il mérite et pour le packaging j'ai aimer aussi il est très simple

on 10/7/2018 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! My friend got this for me as a 21st birthday present and now I'm 32 and its still my HG.. tragically I still also have oily skin with acne lol. Its the only foundation I've ever found that reliably keeps my skin matte, even in the hot humid Australian summer. It's also got great coverage and doesn't make my acne worse. I've tried various shades for my medium skin, tans easily with slight yellow undertones. Warm creme is my current match :)

on 8/24/2018 4:40:00 AM

This foundation just does not work for me. I have oily, blemish prone skin and heard so many great things about this foundation. I had it applied by a makeup artist as part of my wedding makeup trial, it didn’t last for more than a few hours before it became dark and patchy with oily areas. It was used with a decent NARS primer and finishing powder along with a MAC setting spray. It just isn’t good for very oily skin. I looked like I’d bathed in fake tan and baby oil!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is the only foundation I have ever repurchased. I have owned three of these, never in my proper shade. The cool shades are too pink, the warm tones are way too orange and the neutral tones are also too pink.

On one hand, the coverage is beautiful, I have terrible acne and it helps cover it very nicely. I wear this and often feel a lot more confident. I also feel like it doesn't emphasize pores, but it's quite easy to make it look cakey. I prefer using a brush to apply it and then going over that with a sponge just to give me the most coverage.

On the other hand, this is horrible at controlling my oils. I have very oily skin and I live in an extremely hot and humid climate where sweating ensues within seconds of stepping outside of my car. This foundation actually makes me look sweaty within minutes after putting it on in an air-conditioned room. It also rubs off on everything and anything. RIP to all my white shirts' collars because they're now the colour of my foundation. It creases horribly in my smile line area but I barely have smile lines? I just do not like this foundation on myself. I kept buying it because it did the trick. I now have found better options and do not thing I will ever repurchase it,