Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

3.9

Personnellement je suis folle de ce fond de teint il est très très magnifique il est permis les top fond de teint, il couvre bien avec une longue tenue il convient ma peau mixte j'ai beaucoup aimer sa texture son odeur.. même si il est cher mais vraiment il mérite et pour le packaging j'ai aimer aussi il est très simple

on 10/7/2018 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! My friend got this for me as a 21st birthday present and now I'm 32 and its still my HG.. tragically I still also have oily skin with acne lol. Its the only foundation I've ever found that reliably keeps my skin matte, even in the hot humid Australian summer. It's also got great coverage and doesn't make my acne worse. I've tried various shades for my medium skin, tans easily with slight yellow undertones. Warm creme is my current match :)

on 8/24/2018 4:40:00 AM

This foundation just does not work for me. I have oily, blemish prone skin and heard so many great things about this foundation. I had it applied by a makeup artist as part of my wedding makeup trial, it didn’t last for more than a few hours before it became dark and patchy with oily areas. It was used with a decent NARS primer and finishing powder along with a MAC setting spray. It just isn’t good for very oily skin. I looked like I’d bathed in fake tan and baby oil!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is the only foundation I have ever repurchased. I have owned three of these, never in my proper shade. The cool shades are too pink, the warm tones are way too orange and the neutral tones are also too pink.

On one hand, the coverage is beautiful, I have terrible acne and it helps cover it very nicely. I wear this and often feel a lot more confident. I also feel like it doesn't emphasize pores, but it's quite easy to make it look cakey. I prefer using a brush to apply it and then going over that with a sponge just to give me the most coverage.

On the other hand, this is horrible at controlling my oils. I have very oily skin and I live in an extremely hot and humid climate where sweating ensues within seconds of stepping outside of my car. This foundation actually makes me look sweaty within minutes after putting it on in an air-conditioned room. It also rubs off on everything and anything. RIP to all my white shirts' collars because they're now the colour of my foundation. It creases horribly in my smile line area but I barely have smile lines? I just do not like this foundation on myself. I kept buying it because it did the trick. I now have found better options and do not thing I will ever repurchase it,

I really really want to give this product 5*. I’ve been wearing this for 2 years and absolutely love the formula, it’s long lasting and doesn’t need much touching up during the day.

The problem I have is my skin is fair and is hard to colour match. I have tried Ecru, Cool vanilla, pebble and petal.

Petal was just too pink in my opinion for my skin tone after using a bottle. I then got matched with Ivory Nude which is a neutral tone which I thought would be better as it wouldn’t be pink or too yellowy but even that was too yellow. The perfect shade would be a mix of the two but as it is an expensive foundation it isn’t very practical to own both and mix.

For me this foundation isn’t practical but if you find your perfect colour match then this will be your go to.

NB: my foundation pump broke within 2 weeks don’t know if mine was just faulty or they are cheaply made, it was not ideal

on 8/11/2018 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Full coverage, matte, lasts ALL day. It's perfect. Flashback is awful with this foundation though, that's the only negative.

on 6/16/2018 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you're looking for transfer resistant, look no further. This stuff does not budge! I was recommended this quite a few times as I'm always in search of full coverage for my cystic acne and redness. Some days it would cover everything, other bad skin days id need more. This foundation really oxidizes more than any other I've used. Unfortunately, this did make my acne worse with regular use, and really clinged to acne scars/healing acne, but I kept the bottle for occasional days/nights that I wanted a transfer resistant foundation which is always nice to have! Mixing with a lighter concealer has helped the oxidizing issue slightly. It looks amazing when first applied, however throughout the day, I notice it really catching any dry spots or textured areas. This foundation would be great for those who only have redness! Wouldn't recommend to anyone with textured skin. Definite down side is the packaging. I feel that it is messy when having to pour it out of the bottle!

on 6/13/2018 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I just don’t like this foundation and I really tried to. It’s like house paint! I tried to use it as sparingly as possible and it just made me look old and tired. I don’t think it leaves a flattering finish at all! I’m super oily and break through every foundation, but this was like sludge by the 4 hour mark. One of the worst I’ve used. Drying too.

on 5/10/2018 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had to try this foundation because it is so famous. The foundation it self has AMAZING coverage. However, it comes across a little cakey after a while because it is so thick and kind of heavy. I personally prefer a lighter and more natural looking foundation, but it does what it promises - high coverage.

on 5/4/2018 4:40:00 AM

This stuff is so good and actually much better than what it use to be ( it use to bemuch more like spack filler but still good)! It’s a true medium, buildable, satin long wearing foundation. I’ve found my favourite products to use under it (the olay complete spf range is good) but did have a bit of trial and error, anything to lipid rich and it does move around but anything too ‘matte’ can cause the foundation to cling. My favourite brushes to apply are Real Techniques buffing and contour brushes to really help pull and spread the product, I find with these brushes I can continue to deposit and buff coverage even when the brush feels dry. Personally I’ve found a beauty blender does not work with this, particularly if you are dry because your skin is fighting for moisture from the damp sponge and the foundation and then it just looks patchy. I also like to set this with the Laura Mercier Baked Radiance powder, it brings life with no sparkle and locks in the foundation. The shades are a little tricky too...I have 3 actually, cool bone, ecru and desert beige depending on the weather and if I have any tan!