Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

3.9

on 6/16/2018 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you're looking for transfer resistant, look no further. This stuff does not budge! I was recommended this quite a few times as I'm always in search of full coverage for my cystic acne and redness. Some days it would cover everything, other bad skin days id need more. This foundation really oxidizes more than any other I've used. Unfortunately, this did make my acne worse with regular use, and really clinged to acne scars/healing acne, but I kept the bottle for occasional days/nights that I wanted a transfer resistant foundation which is always nice to have! Mixing with a lighter concealer has helped the oxidizing issue slightly. It looks amazing when first applied, however throughout the day, I notice it really catching any dry spots or textured areas. This foundation would be great for those who only have redness! Wouldn't recommend to anyone with textured skin. Definite down side is the packaging. I feel that it is messy when having to pour it out of the bottle!

on 6/13/2018 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I just don’t like this foundation and I really tried to. It’s like house paint! I tried to use it as sparingly as possible and it just made me look old and tired. I don’t think it leaves a flattering finish at all! I’m super oily and break through every foundation, but this was like sludge by the 4 hour mark. One of the worst I’ve used. Drying too.

on 5/10/2018 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had to try this foundation because it is so famous. The foundation it self has AMAZING coverage. However, it comes across a little cakey after a while because it is so thick and kind of heavy. I personally prefer a lighter and more natural looking foundation, but it does what it promises - high coverage.

on 5/4/2018 4:40:00 AM

This stuff is so good and actually much better than what it use to be ( it use to bemuch more like spack filler but still good)! It’s a true medium, buildable, satin long wearing foundation. I’ve found my favourite products to use under it (the olay complete spf range is good) but did have a bit of trial and error, anything to lipid rich and it does move around but anything too ‘matte’ can cause the foundation to cling. My favourite brushes to apply are Real Techniques buffing and contour brushes to really help pull and spread the product, I find with these brushes I can continue to deposit and buff coverage even when the brush feels dry. Personally I’ve found a beauty blender does not work with this, particularly if you are dry because your skin is fighting for moisture from the damp sponge and the foundation and then it just looks patchy. I also like to set this with the Laura Mercier Baked Radiance powder, it brings life with no sparkle and locks in the foundation. The shades are a little tricky too...I have 3 actually, cool bone, ecru and desert beige depending on the weather and if I have any tan!

on 3/22/2018 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Okay let me just start off by saying this, this is not an everyday foundation! It’s a beautiful foundation if you want to have a super flawless dolled up for the club for hoenanigans look. It’s very full coverage and it stays on forever, but it’s too cakey looking for everyday. But it does cover everything and I would definitely say use it for special occasions. Unless you like the full full coverage. Personally, I only use it when I’m going out clubbing or somewhere where I need to look extra.

on 2/26/2018 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

HG foundation, hands down. No matter what I try, I come running back to this. I had a bit of a time finding my perfect match. I'm NC15 in MAC, and I am neutral leaning a tad yellow. I tried 1N2, and that shade was thisclose to being perfect. Then, I tried 1W1 and ta da! Perfection! That said, I am pale, but I'm definitely not the palest in the world. So, I'm not sure how super pale girls will fare in this line (although they recently released some additional shades in other undertones, so perhaps they will introduce a very, very fair warm-leaning shade soon?). The finish isn't so matte that it makes your face look like dried cake frosting, but it isn't dewy, either. It's like the perfect balance. And this stuff just STICKS to your face like glue, but I haven't had any issues with breakouts on my acne-prone face. I can do a 30-minute full on cardio workout wearing this foundation, and it doesn't budge. The coverage is solid medium and buildable to full, but I can't imagine anyone needing much more than medium coverage in this line. My acne scars will attest to that for you! Finally, I have true combo skin, thanks to my rx retin-a. But I don't find this clings too terribly to my dry patches, as long as I sufficiently exfoliate with my Clarisonic.

on 2/17/2018 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best high end long wear foundation ever! Love the coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is fantastic. Makes my skin look flawless and without that horrible mask like look. Plus it lasts. This is my favorite "going out" foundation.

You do have to exfoliate well and moisturize before applying, that's for sure.

One problem is that I wish it came with a pump.

on 2/2/2018 5:17:00 AM

Double wear is the most amazing coverage, I struggled with a good color match. The new 3.15 Fawn is an exact match for my light / medium olive skin. I couldn’t be happier unless they start making in the nude water fresh.

*Warning* If you live in Australia Estee Lauder have reformulated the iconic foundation and added SPF 10. I had been wearing this foundation for five years and it was the only thing I could put on my skin that would never break me out and lasted for 12 hours. I recently repurchased without knowing about the reformulation and the formula/consistency/feeling and longevity were completely different. When I put it on I thought they must've made a bad batch and I bought an unlucky bottle. I went about doing my face as normal. The coverage has been halved, product separates and disappears if any cream products are layered on top (concealer blush etc). Does not stick to certain areas of the face, will not layer, cakes and feels disgusting on the skin, before you could not feel it, and now it feels hot and heavy.
The worst part, after six hours of wear I come home and I have clogged pores all over my face. It managed to break me out in six hours! (my skin is really allergic to chemical spf, so all spf in foundation)
I'm devastated, I wish they bought out an spf version whilst keeping the orginal. It would've made much more sense considering how many people are allergic to chemical sunscreen