Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

3.9

I love this foundation!! I have oily, acne prone skin. I have tried all kinds of drug store brands. I have even tried the dupe for this foundation(revlon color stay). None really worked with my skin type. A friend told me about this one. I was skeptical. I have always been bargain buyer. On a whim, I bought this and tried it. I'm so glad I did. It doesn't break me out. It is kinda thick going on, but it has great coverage as it covers my acne scares. It is very mattifying. I love that, But if thats not the look you are going for, then you aren't going to like it. I only have to blot and powder one time during my 10 hour work day(usually after i eat lunch). I have gotten lots of compliments on my make up since i switched to this. This has become my holy grail foundation. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that it doesn't have a pump.

on 12/31/2017 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a great coverage foundation. I have oily and acne prone skin with acne scars and the coverage is very buildable. However, there are better brands out there which last longer than this one. I have to powder my face quite often throughout the day to get rid of excess shine. Also the shade range is not the best and I have found it makes my skin look quite orangey. Overall a good foundation but not the best.

on 12/8/2017 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really love this foundation and it is the closest thing to perfect that I can find, which is why I see myself sticking to it for a long time to come. My skin is acne-prone and also very oily.

PROS-
Shade- a very good match to my fair, neutral skin (I use 1N1).

Coverage- a medium to full coverage. I find it covers my redness and acne/scarring quite well, but a little bit of redness does peek through.

Finish- definitely a matte foundation, although I find it isn't too much of a flat matte. If I don't set it, after about 15-30 minutes it becomes more of a soft matte.

Longevity- this foundation has the longest wear time that I have found on my very oily skin, about 7-9 hours of it looking quite good and me blotting once or twice. If I'm only wearing it for a few hours I've begun to not set my face w powder afterwards which is something unheard of w my skin.

CONS-
Formula- for me this is the biggest con. I find the liquid to be so thick and set so fast that it can be difficult to work with as it's more time consuming and feels heavier on the skin. It also cannot build on itself- I used to apply a little like concealer over any spots I had, but it would always set much darker than the rest of my face so I would end up having little orange splotches over the places I tried to cover. If you want full coverage you have to go in heavily w it cause once it sets, that's it. However I imagine this is the price one pays for a foundation with such good coverage and decent wear time.

Price- $46CAD is a lot for a foundation, however because you need so little to get the medium coverage I most often go for that to me it's worth it.

Longevity- as a con, my ideal foundation would last for about 12 hours, which this foundation simply cannot do on my oily skin. It just gets way too oily, begins to separate, and can sometimes pool into my pores so it looks like I have freckles of foundation.

Packaging- of course, cause no one likes that it doesn't come w a gd pump lol

OVERALL-
I had been on the hunt for a foundation that matched me well, did not break me out, and lasted a long time with my very oily skin for so damn long that for now ELDW is close enough. For now I am pleased with ELDW and very much recommend it to anyone w oily skin (altho my bff has very dry skin and it's her HG!)

on 11/28/2017 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

THIS foundation is by far the greatest foundation I have ever used. I have combination skin and nothing holds up with it like this does. The color selection is great and the price is affordable.

on 11/17/2017 7:01:00 AM

Sad to say that in a nutshell...the worst foundation for my skin.
I wish I could say it didn’t break me out but omg I had the worst acne breakout since I was 18. Comedones, whiteheads, acne cosmetica all over forehead, cystic acne. The works. I am very careful with my skincare and getting every scrap of makeup off my skin at night so I don’t breakout, but this stuff must have been welded on in my pores still and I didn’t realise. I wish I knew how other people with acne prone skin got on so well with it and how they removed it.
Also, within a couple of hours it oxidised.
It was very cakey which just accentuated the flaws, dry patches and bumps.
Photos look like your a ghost due to flashback.
Sad it didn’t work for me as it seems to work well for so many others.

on 11/1/2017 2:46:00 PM

Pros:
Medium-high coverage
Very long wearing

Cons:
The fact the bottle has no pump and you have to tip it out is irritating. For the price it should have a pump
Patchy and accentuates dry patches/acne etc
Because its so long wearing the colour is so flat on and dry/dull looking on

on 10/30/2017 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is hands down my HG, all time favorite foundation. I have really oily, sensitive skin and most of the foundations I have tried over the years had poor lasting power and oil control (by the end of the day I'd look a total mess). This stuff is amazing, I have been using it for about 3 years now and never looked back. My makeup still looks fresh 10 hours later.

PRO's:
- lasting power is amazing, it really does stay in place all day through sweat, heat and humidity.
- mattifying; there's no need to blot or even use a setting powder.
- does not transfer
- excellent coverage

CON's:
- could not find a perfect shade match (I have yellow undertones and use the shade "tawny" which is slightly pink; I was matched by the SA)
- every time I buy a new bottle I find that the price has gone up, its now roughly $42 (US).

TIPS: Be careful of what setting powder you use as the wrong one can make this look cakey. Also use a thin layer of foundation as too much can look cakey as well.

I give this 4 lippies instead of 5 because it's starting to get really pricey, but all in all it is a great foundation.

on 10/24/2017 7:30:00 AM

Best foundation ever! I have tried plenty of foundations throughout the years and keep going back to this one. This does not oxidise or start to fall apart on your face throughout the day, it last very long however if applied heavy-handedly it can look very thick and fake on the face so I will advise to apply where you need the most coverage and blend it outwards, that helps it look more natural.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Omg why didn't I try this sooner!! I wore it for the first time yesterday and I'm so impressed!!!

Pros:
-Beautiful finish- matte but not flat
-did not need a setting powder (I have Combo skin)
-Full coverage with one layer
-Perfect colour match (ivory nude- I'm 117 in had mufe, 120 mat velvet and buff in colorstay)
-stayed for the full 9 hours I wore it
-no transfer
- looks just as good at the end of the night as it did when I first applied it!
- didn't oxidize
- a little goes along way

Cons:
- no pump = messy and spillage prone
- you can definitely feel that you're wearing makeup
-does take more effort to remove than other foundations, but I mean duhhhhh ----with its lasting power, it should

So excited about this! I'm normally acne prone and my skin has been good for the last month until a couple days ago I got a food related break out- just in time for a big dinner party... So I decided to try this and I couldn't believe it-My skin looked flawless despite the breakout. I received several compliments on my skin at the party! Not my makeup but my skin- "wow you're skin looks great"! Awesome. I'll save this for special occasions tho since it does feel "heavy" (you don't forget that you have foundation on).
I used a beauty blender and let it set for 5 minutes before I did the rest of my makeup.

on 10/4/2017 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation does control oil and is long wearing, it lasts all day.
However, it is cakey, and it looks like your wearing a lot of foundation even if you use a smaller amount, and blend it in with a damp beauty blender with a good primer. It looks very heavy and crapey and my skin is normal/oily. I like this foundation mixed in with others or on top of other foundations, to build up coverage only where i need it. I love a full coverage but not when it looks like a thick cakey mask. This also oxidised slightly and emphasised pores. I dont think dry skin would like this at all. Its not bad for a night out, i know i can rely on it to last all night and at night no one can see my cakey face, but for day wear, big NO