Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 2/13/2017 7:44:00 AM

Definitely a must buy. Recently bought this for the first time, haven't even had it a week and I love it so much. Amazing product for people like me who have combination skin, doesn't dry the face out but also isn't too oily, feels very light on the face and is medium to full coverage depending on how much you build it up. The coverage is really good. I think this would be a great foundation for those who have mild/moderate acne as it doesn't have any ingredients that clog the pores. The foundation stays on all day and needs very minimal top up if ever needed. Makes the face look like an airbrush finish and applies really well with a sponge / beauty blender but a brush works miracles too. It also goes perfectly with the double wear concealer!!!! Happy customer and will definitely be buying this again when I run out!

P.s make sure to actually go in to the shop and get the right colour by asking for a colour match rather than just guessing online as there may be a few shades that match your skin tone and they can apply them all on your skin so you can pick your favourite shade.

on 2/10/2017 4:28:00 PM

I used this foundation for about a year and I really wanted to like it. It covers very well but I'm pretty sure it made me break out. Taking it off at night is also a chore. I have to wash my face 3 times to get all of it off... that cant be a good sign. I probably will not purchase again.

on 2/6/2017 1:36:00 PM

I bought this product for 5 years. It is not the only foundation i use but it,s the best regarding longevity , it stays on your skin many hours and if you use powder even more...you can wake up with it in a good shape :))) i do not recommend it if you want a radiant skin. It has no radiance but it has a very good coverage.i am using more than one foundation and if i want a glow finish i prefer other products

I was super excited to try this foundation after all the awesome reviews. My first impression was the smell. It literally smells like paint, and it claims the foundation is unscented. I also felt like the foundation was extremely difficult to work with, it seems to dry very fast before you have time to blend it in. It also seems to be very heavy and cakey if you dot it on, you need to either apply with a brush or a sponge NOT with your fingers or directly on your face. The coverage I got wasn't worth the effort of applying this makeup. I felt pretty good leaving the house after I finally figured out how to apply it, but then while I was in the restroom at the restaurant in different lighting, it seemed to be really heavy and cakey on my skin, accentuating every single line or dry patch. I think this would be a good foundation for someone with really oily smooth skin or a few blemishes, but not for someone with combo skin and dry patches, large pores or any texture issues. It definitely accentuates them, but I guess that could be said for any full coverage foundation. I guess my skin just likes BB creams better. ALSO, PLEASE give this foundation a pump!! Dumping it out all over your hand just wastes product and is not hygenic.

on 1/24/2017 9:24:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ah double wear foundation! I dont want to but I love you so much!!
On those days (most days) when i wake up and look in the mirror , thinking about all the stuff I gotta do and not wanting to face it all looking washed up & crappy I turn to you...and i KNOW whatever else goes on during the day my makeups not gonna let me down and its basically one less worry! So if anyones reading this wondering if its worth the price/hype , my humble opinion is, it is!

Have been buying for 3/4 years now and its quality foundation.
Bought 'shell' shade first, was too pink.
'Honey bronze' very nice, veeeery tan...(ma skin is quite fair skin!! Who cares :) i like being tan)
'Tawny' very nice, too pale (i prefer yellow undertones, think it counteracts any redness & looks nicer on my skin) good for winter
'Cashew' shade am using right now. Love it. Nice and yellow and tanned looking. But there are tons of shades to choose from. Get testers first :)

Apply with brush. Apply serum , sunblock under and rimmel powder to set.
Drink the coffee, slap on the makeup and its all that bit brighter!

on 1/23/2017 7:19:00 AM

After hearing mixed reviews about this foundation, some rave that it covers everything and lasts all day, and others saying it is thick, drying and "feels like cement", I finally decided to give it a shot on two occasions (so far). One on a particularly bad skin day, with a big pimple to hide, and second on a night out. I have oily skin.

First off, the packaging is crap. you have to pour it out into your hands - which is messy, and you have very little control over how much you get out. Probably because it is too thick to draw up through a pump, but a squeezy tube like the DW light could work.

Application felt horrible. It actually did feel a little like applying cement, it was thick and sticky and very difficult to blend. Perhaps a paint roller would have sufficed?

Having got the negatives out of the way, it did cover well and where I did manage to blend it the finish looked flawless. The shade was a good match too, and it did stay put all day without any shininess coming through. However it did start to come away in some areas, like it was drying up and peeling away.

Glad I tried it, but will save for bad skin days or special occasions. Would probably not repurchase.

I love this foundation, BUT not for every day use. It provides great coverage and easy to build up. It has a wide range of shades and my two favourites are 2N1 Desert Beige and 1N2 Ecru. I love it as I know my makeup will last all night and not run down my face, however, after a few hours my skin starts to feel a bit dry and almost painful. Overall, I will keep re-purchasing it, because I trust it on a good night-out like no other foundation, but I always need other foundations to keep in my makeup collection for every day use, because nobody wants to feel uncomfortable on the daily. :)

on 1/5/2017 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have a love/hate with this but it is a staple in my foundation arsenal. I'm NC25 in Mac Pro Longwear and I have this in 2W1 (dawn) and 2N1 (desert beige). I reach for the 2W1 more. It is a very good long wearing foundation especially for those with oily skin like me. It will break apart on my nose late in the day but looks fine on the rest of my face. Less is more and a little goes a long way! Make sure to cleanse well to get it off. Additionally make sure to exfoliate and moisturize before application. Overall it is an excellent foundation.

Edit: using Mac skin refined zone on my nose has helped tremendously. This is a very good foundation. I will continue to use regularly.

on 1/3/2017 12:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My number 1 foundation, for the following reasons:

1) FULL COVERAGE! I have rosacea and just generally bad-looking skin, and this is the only foundation I have ever used which covers it all and evens it out. Also, even though it is full coverage, it feels lightweight on the skin and is like I am not even wearing makeup.

2) It stays in place all day, and looks exactly the same at the end of a 12 hour day.

3) It's compatible with my dry skin. All other full-coverage foundations I have used look horrifically cakey and unnatural on my skin. Estee Lauder DW is a miracle, in that it sits beautifully on my skin and doesn't exacerbate my dry patches.

4) The palest shade is pale enough for my ghost-like skin. (Some might say too pale, but nothing blush and bronzer won't sort out).

Nothing is perfect, I suppose, so negatives about this product include:

1) No pump, so you do tend to waste a lot of product. This problem can be easily solved, however, by buying the MAC pump which is compatible with it. No more waste!

2) £££
However, even though it is expensive, I would say it is worth paying the price for. You are getting a high quality product which is going to last a long time, as the formula is thick and you only need to use a little bit to cover the face.

I will never stop using this product!

I really do love this foundation albeit pricey $$$. Worth it though. It's awesome to find a foundation that really allows you to build layers--provides me with both light and thicker coverage. A little goes a longgggg way. I've got a pretty pink/red cherry face naturally and this really camouflages all that

I do find the product dries fast so I apply it with a damp beauty blender sponge to my face. Having double-whammy combo skin, I get pretty oily in my t-zone and this foundation holds up pretty well against that, even without using a primer. So that gives it more brownie points

I do kind of hate that it doesn't have a pump top. Mostly because I'm half asleep when applying this in the morning and I end up pouring a monstrous amount onto my hand