Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

This is my GO-TO foundation - every time I find myself trying different foundations to find something better, I come back to this one because there is nothing better. In a foundation, I like medium to full coverage, non transferable, does not go into fine lines, and swear proof. This foundation covers all the requirements! I went to Cali last year and I have a sweating problem on my nose which ruins my foundation most of the time. The sweat did initially break through from the foundation and I had dots of foundation missing but once I was indoors, the foundation just settled back into place again!!!! I been using this for so many years and will continue doing so.

PALE GIRLS REJOICE!!! Lets just take a moment to hail Estee Lauder for finally bringing back the shade 1C0 Shell. This has been a long time coming and I'm so ecstatic as I write this review hugging my brand new bottle of Double Wear in this highly coveted pale shade that was shamefully discontinued many years ago. The discontinuation of this particular shade sent a lot of fair skinned women in distress because they no longer had a shade match in their beloved Estee Lauder Double Wear - it also meant doing crazy stuff like considering buying a bottle on Ebay for an extortionate price or trying to hunt it down whilst on vacation in Europe. They sell different shades of Double Wear in different countries its actually rather interesting if you are a ELDW obsessee. Other new shades have also been released and are now available on the official Estee Lauder website, Sephora etc. We already know how amazing this foundation is so I just wanted to come here to spread the word about the new shades. There's a gazillion reviews on how great this stuff is so I'll cut my rambling short here.

For anyone who is interested the new shades are 1C0 Shell, 2N2 Buff, 3W1.5 Fawn and 5W1.5 Cinnamon.

I was so sceptical of Double Wear, but holy heck am I hooked now! I
Pros:
Elegant packaging. I feel like a fancy b***h every time I pull it out of my makeup drawer (every single day, it's just so good)
The liquid formula isn't too thick. I prefer to roughly spread it over my skin before blending with my RT sponge, and I really enjoy the thinner consistency of this.
The coverage. I believe it's a a medium-full coverage foundation, but I typically apply enough for a medium coverage. It can easily be built to full coverage though. I think it looks pretty and skinlike, natural matte.
Sits well with my Tarte Shape Tape concealer (I use that for my eye area)
Has great lasting power. It doesn't seperate or slide off of my oily skin, and I can usually get 5-6 hours of wear before I want to blot. However, if I sweat for hours (as I do working with no air con this summer) I find it does tend to seperate.

Cons:
It's hella expensive! $69NZD and it's the most I've ever spent on a foundation.
NO PUMP. Sometimes it's just too easy to use too much of this liquid gold because it's so easy to pour onto your waiting hand (or brush, sponge, or even the bathroom counter, oops)

I'm now onto my second bottle (1C1 Cool Bone) and I have every intention to repurchase when I run out.

good coverage, good oil control, AMAZING lasting power. for the first time ever I can be confident that my foundation has not run by the 6 hour mark. im just kicking myself for not getting this earlier. for reference, I am pale warm toned and 1W1 is a good match. I mix it with a bit of 1N1 on days when I want a 'pinker' look.

For the price of this stuff I wasn't impressed at all..Color was too light for me (i tried the 2C3 and am fair skinned) but that was more of my problem..dissapointed

on 1/6/2018 12:48:00 AM

Hi All,

I am reviewing estee lauder stay in place make up shade Ivory rose. When i bought this at the store it kind of suited my skin color but after coming back from there i tried it at home it looked too bright/light. It doesn't really look natural. I called the store and told them about it but they are not ready to exchange it because I have opened the bottle. I have no clue what to do with it. I found this forum i am hoping that it will be of some help to me. I have the bill too with the cover it is still brand new.Please anyone interested to buy this shade i can give it for a much lesser price. Please let me know.
Email me at Nausheen1113@gmail.com

Thanks

on 12/18/2017 5:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used to use this until I switched to Lancome's foundation which I much prefer. DW is a good foundation, it provides good coverage for those of us with less than perfect skin and it truly does stay on all day. I never had a problem matching it to my skin tone,or causing break outs and it stays on well, even in heat and humidity. Overall, it is a good foundation but just a little too heavy and "flat" somehow. It doesn't photograph well, in my experience.

on 12/12/2017 11:04:00 PM

No good sale service, sample testing is bad if there's ain't enough good lightings in the room. I went through sample testing in a drugstore on my face, made a glimpse at my face and trusted the sale girl has made the right pick for me for the best shade, but when I tried it at home it's more pale and drape in shade/colour! It's too low in colour/shade when comparing to the colour shown inside the small bottle! There is no seal on the box and bottle, I've tried LA GIRL, NYX and other tools and brushes and their packagings all has seals! My nose's skin is rather dry and it sweats over night, in after 6 to 7 hours one third of the foundation has came off on the nose. I hope they has 3ml shade tester sizes that comes in cheap sealed plastic bags that's very small so buyers can take home to test on their face, I don't have a problem to paid for 3ml sized samples of different shades.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I feel like i'm taking crazy pills- I absolutely *hated* this and I'm a very small portion of people with that opinion! Nothing has looked worse on my skin. I looked powdery and cakey using the foundation even with a hydrating primer.

I like my foundation to the dewy end generally and usually attempt to look at things objectively and say 'maybe this just isn't for my skin' but I can't with this. I just found so few plus points to it. I have combination skin and on dry patches it looked truly awful, but it even looked dry and flaky on my oily nose. Now I exfoliate with AHAs and BHAs depending on the area of my skin, plus I previously used a somewhat drying but lighter foundation (Fusion ink) with no issues, so I don't think it's an issue with my nose texture particularly.
The coverage is to the heavier end of medium, but I didn't find it easy to build with a damp beauty blender. It more looked like it was sitting on top in layers than blending together to provide high coverage in certain areas seamlessly. Looked a slightly 'flat' on, but excusably so if you really need something with staying power.

There being no pump is a bad show too. This is *not* a drug store foundation, there is no excuse for not having one, really. The packaging is at least pretty, though.

This does oxodise like nothing I've seen before too- Shell was even a little off after a few hours. I don't think shell is available in the US either so I have no idea how anyone pale would be able to use this formula without a *lot* of white mixer.

From my experience, you'd have to be of a *very* oily skin type to love this. I'm glad it exists even if I hated it though- A holy grail for very oily skin is hard to find and it's wonderful people with that skin type are able to use this foundation without blotting every .5 femtoseconds! If you have anything other than that (especially dry) have a proper look in sunlight before you buy a full sized bottle though, I have seen people who use this look *incredibly* textured and chalky because they tried and applied it in artificial lighting.

on 12/4/2017 11:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Finally tried this much hyped foundation. Luckily I got a sample and didn't purchase because it did not work for me. I got matched to the color Rattan, which matched my skin perfectly. I tried this three different times and was disappointed all three times. First used it without a primer, then with the Smashbox primer, then with the Dr. Brandt Primer and it made no difference at all. By the three hour mark, it had gathered in creases that I didn't know I had! No other foundation that I currently use (itCosmetics CC cream, Revlon Age Defying and YSL) has ever done that. Very disappointing.