Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 3/15/2017 1:45:00 PM

I put off buying this for years. Probably because I despise trends and tend to do them till others catch on. (I got a tattoo in 1984. Listen, there weren't even "tattoo artists" in 1984.)

This works very well for me. Two common complaints befuddle me. One, that it is hard to get off. Two words: micellar water. Done. Also, that it doesn't have a pump and you have to pour it out. Um, whut? Remove top, put your middle finger over the rim, turn bottle upside down. Touch finger to nose, cheek, cheek. Repeat bottle action. Forehead, forehead, chin. Use brush or sponge to spread. Done.

I am lucky that I don't often have to be out for hours and hours. But when I do, I am so glad I can depend on this gem to stay in place.

First I have to say that if you are looking for a foundation with some "give" when it blends out, then this wouldn't be for you. Even with a primer and/or moisturizer you have to work quickly to blend. I do my face in sections, and add more as I go. Dabbing some all over the face to start with won't work. For me a dampened beauty blender works best, but a brush will also work great. If for some reason I have to use my fingers, I mix some moisturizer in with the foundation first. This foundation is very full coverage, and long lasting. The finish is matte, and looks flawless when it's applied the right way! It lasts all day for me even in the summer.

on 3/10/2017 3:13:00 AM

When I was on vacation in Thailand, I went to Central Festival wich was like makeup heaven.
All the brands I can not buy in the Netherlands, and such a colour range which varied from very light to dark.
As I am extremely pale the Double wear is only sold in a shade too dark for me in the Netherlands, in Thailand I found 1w1 which is a great match. (comparable to Bourjois healthy mix in color 51)

First of all, the packaging.. There is no pump, only a big hole which makes it hard to get a small amount of product out of the bottle. The package looks chic but isn't usefull. Another thing I don't like is the smell. Like MAC, Estee Lauder Double wear got this same chemic smell. I know perfumes are no good to your skin but I love the way Bourjois Healthy mix smells like fruits. :)

The coverage of this foundation is extremely good, it is a thin liquid substance. Not a creamy formula more 'chalky'. I apply it with my beautyblender which give me a nice even finish. Not cakey at all, but it does emphasize the wrinkles around my eyes and when you use this foundation, don't forget to give your face a bit more dimension using a bronzer/blush, otherwise you'll look like a little porcelain doll :)

on 3/7/2017 9:21:00 AM

I have combination skin that is prone to breakouts. I bought this foundation based on all the great reviews. Unfortunately, it didn't go on evenly and believe me, I tried it on clean skin, on moisturiser and on primer. It was impossible to blend and the end result looked cakey and uneven. It just didn't work for me, IDK why :( Plus, after having tried it for a couple of days it seemed to dry out my skin.
I will stick to Lancome TIU and Clinique BB cream.

This foundation really does last all day. The coverage feels light and doesn’t wear like a mask. It also convincingly disguises skin imperfections. I like it very much. I made a review on Youtube where I´m showing you how the coverage is and how it looks like enjoy watching!

Okay!!!! So after finishing my 4th bottle of this foundation I decided to write a review bcz I want everyone to give it a try. If you are very oily or in a humid hot place please don't forget to carry it. It's the best foundation for the shades issue, with good yellow tone, yes it lasts long for a good time with primer, I won't say 15hrs without any diffence but yup it stays quite nicely even in summer, has very good nd matte finish dats wat i love abt it. Doesn't cake wen applied with my butyblendr, ummm only thing is it gives a look of makeup on, I love this foundation over Mac,Clinique,Dior, very very good coverage . Not drying, doesn't transfer, fotofriendly, love it overall .... Must try

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Very expensive (to me) but is very reliable, great color selection, and looks and lasts great. You can use a MAC foundation pump if you want a pump (thanks to someone @ Sephora for letting me know!)

It doesn't make me dry or oily, which is great as I have combo skin. By the end of the day I do have to blot, but it's nothing excessive. You don't need a lot, I only use one pump for most days (medium-high coverage to me). I love to dot it all over my face and then blend it in with a beauty blender for a skin like finish. It has a very slight paint smell to it which goes away when it dries down.

I really do enjoy & recommend this foundation.

Probably the best foundation ever tried especially for oily/combo skin type.

During winter months though I would suggest increasing the moisturizer under it, especially if you work or are somewhere with a bit of an aggressive air conditioning.

It provides a very good coverage, so take it easy on the application, as the over-application can cause dryness.

The T-zone may only have signs of shine by the end of the day and even then, it depends on your surroundings (dry air, AC, outdoors, etc).

It is a bit pricey, but I have not stumbled upon any other foundation that would make me change my mind.

For dry skins, this could eventually increase the dryness, as I noticed that if it is applied closer to the under the eyes zone, it has the tendency to bring out the fine lines.

Before this i used the Beyond Perfecting foundation from Clinique. I loved the coverage of that foundation but my face got way too shiny. So i was looking for another foundation that gives me a matte finish and a high coverage. The coverage of this foundation is good, but you can still see some dark spots so i have to cover them up with something else. My face keeps matte all day with this foundation so that's a big pro for me. A con is that it is a bit pricey and there is no pump applicator so it's hard to get the right amount of product, so i had to buy a foundation pump from MAC.

I am a huge die-hard fan for Kryolan Ultra foundation.
I must admit once I started using this product i became obsessed with it. It looks great on the skin, easy to use and they have a great skin tone range for colours.
It does tend to dry and set quickly, so use small amounts at a time and spread. Otherwise you will get a slight cakey look.
Great to use on the beauty blender. Slightly pricey but worth it