Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup definitely lives up to the hype. It is a full coverage foundation with a matte finish which lasts all day on the skin - even through heat, humidity and sweat. This is what I put on when I know I am having a long day and will be wearing makeup for around 12 hours. I like the look of this best when applied with a damp sponge, it maintains its full coverage look whilst not being heavy and looks more radiant than when applied with a brush. This makes my skin look perfect - but still look like my own skin. It doesn't ever look cakey or heavy. It doesn't cling to dry areas or textured areas. This product is amazing, and I highly recommend it. The only downside is that you need to buy the pump separately - and it is quite expensive at $10AUD. Happily you only need to buy one pump and can put it into new bottles of foundation but it is very pricey for a pump! The foundation itself is quite well-priced at $58AUD. It's not as expensive as other equivalent products such as Nars for example. This product is so good - everyone needs this!

on 9/8/2018 11:09:00 AM

HG FOUNDATION!! It definitely needs a pump and the shade range needs to expand, but I love this so much, it's the best foundation I've ever tried. Get it, it's worth the hype!

on 8/31/2018 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

If you have oily skin and live in a humid country this foundation is for you. But for it to have a flawless look you have to makesure you really prep your skin before application, that is, masks, serums, moisturisers and hydrating primers etc.. This foundation does have a tendency to look cakey, best application item is a beauty blender and just press it in your skin till you feel like it has become part of your skin. Also, if you have acne prone skin then this may cause breakouts as this foundation just clings to your skin, so do save this foundation for special occasions.If i have an important event, then this is the foundation i grab...

on 8/22/2018 4:14:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I would consider this an expensive foundation because of the price point but it is so worth it. The coverage is incredible and a little goes a long way, because before I used this I was using a light-med foundation, but this is extremely full coverage!!
I find the consistency to be slightly too thick for me so I usually mix some other stuff with a small amount and it covers my whole face + more. The longevity of this is also amazing, once I wore this for a whole day from morning and went out to party at night till 4am, and this foundation firmly remained on my face. I also live in a country that is humid all year round and so far this foundation has held up to the heat and humidity!
I will repurchase this for sure because although it is pricey, it’s worth every cent.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A super-helpful SA at Estee Lauder counter in Selfridges, London - UK told me this is the UK's best-selling foundation and it was precisely at that point I decided I just had to try it for myself! She tried a few different shades on me and in the end settled on giving me a sample of this in 3W1.5 (Fawn). I applied it eagerly the next morning in place of my CC cream. Well...it stayed put throughout the day. By the time I got back in that evening it was 9pm and other than a touch of shine on my t-zone (nothing that a few blotting papers couldn't sort out) I was happy to see the foundation hadn't settled into my pores or accentuated any fine lines.

The coverage is buildable and somewhere in the 'medium' category. It didn't transfer onto any of the many clothes I tried on whilst out shopping and if it had an SPF higher than 10 this would be amongst one of my favorite foundations. I did find the tone slightly light for my skin tone with a noticeable beige undertone, however it wasn't too far off and if given more time I'm sure the SA would have been able to find a precise match for me.

To put it to the test I kept what was left in my sample tube and tried it for a day in the real deal (Miami in mid-summer). Again it did not budge or transfer. The shine did increase - and not just nose, but the rest of my face too. But to be fair it wasn't a huge issue and I've yet to find a foundation that isn't gong to do that when the heat and humidity is turned up to full blast.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 8/9/2018 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Firstly, this foundation is very pricey. Doesn't even come with a pump or any applicator.

Secondly, terrible oxidation. Looks fine when applied but turned my skin into Annoying Orange -both colour and texture (yes I do have a few textures but this foundation just amplifies it, thanks a lot.)

Lastly, it feels heavy, tacky and uncomfortable.

Seriously, who allowed this foundation to be sold on the shelf?

on 8/7/2018 1:24:00 AM

Non-transfer all day wear. I mix 2N and 4N for the right color. I have used for years, have tried many different things but always come back to this stuff.

on 7/22/2018 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation always settles into fine lines or creases, doesn't cover hyper-pigmentation, and I find it gets a bit oily (which makes it easier to rub/wear off through the day). That being said, I can see why everyone likes it so much. It does last longer than other foundations by a stretch, is build-able for fuller coverage, smells lovely, and feels like nothing on the face. Primer is very important with this foundation because different primers make this foundation look better or worse.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really really wanted to love this foundation but I had issues with it.

The first problem was the colour matching - I was matched to Pale Almond which I bought a whole bottle of, but it's just too dark and too pink. I went to a different store and the SA gave me a generous sample of Desert Beige, which was so nice of her. Unfortunately this was too pale and too yellow. Looking at the shade range I find it totally baffling.

The staying power is amazing. I applied it with a damp beauty blender working fast and kind of bouncing it in.

It really is like paint, and that's another problem for me. It creates such a uniform finish (like paint!) that instead of covering uneven skin it seemed to make it more obvious! It just seemed to highlight every uneven feature because of the flat, paint-like finish. I've since tried Max Factor Lasting Performance foundation and I actually prefer that, and it's cheaper. I might give Double Wear Light a try though - always on the search for the perfect foundation!

I hate the fact that it's not in a tube or that it doesn't have a pump top, especially considering how expensive it is. And it's runny so too easy to waste it.

on 5/27/2018 2:18:00 AM

I did not like this foundation. It felt like paint on my skin. It exentuated all my flaws such as dryness and didn't blend well. It dried so fast it was hard to apply and had a chemical smell. It was a huge disappointment as it has so many great reviews but did not work well on my skin. Maybe for someone with oily skin.