Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 5/19/2017 1:43:00 PM

I got the shade honey bronze which is a nice honey shade if you want a nice tanned look, in terms of the actual foundation it is horrendous, starts of with a medium coverage but can very built up but still not amazing coverage, i like the finish it's a satin finish not a powder finish last looks smooth and healthy.
This foundation settles on my own pores and clings to my dry patches and I'm oily so I don't would stay away if your dry or ensure your skin is well prepped!
Packaging is annoying no pump hard to control how much product to dispense, considering the price and the super liquid formula Estée Lauder should have includes a pump??

WARNING: This review is not going to be about the formula of this amazing foundation but rather geared at people with a skin tone like mine who are having difficulty with the vast shade selection and differentiating between the undertones.

I have fair skin with a neutral undertone with a slight tinge of yellow on the neck and chest. I was originally matched at a department store to 1W1 Bone and went along with it for awhile but then later realized it was too yellow for me. This shade is a little disproportionate in my opinion because it's super yellow for how pale it is. Tried pretty much every other shade and some were better than others. 1C1 Cool Bone is fair but has a peachy orange undertone that I hated, 1N1 Ivory nude is a lovely creamy shade but a little *too* pale, 1N2 Ecru is an interesting shade that looks great on some days but weird on others, 2N1 Desert Beige is a unique shade that would look beautiful on somebody who has light skin with olive undertones etc.
Recently Estee Lauder released a couple new random shades so I decided to try 2W0 Warm Vanilla aaaaaand... it's perfect! It's actually less yellow than Bone. It's a really pretty shade for us girls that are pale skinned but with only slight yellow undertones. So I would concur that the numbering system is a little out of sync. It would probably be best to sample several shades before making the purchase of this foundation.

P.S If I am fake tanning I use (or mix) 3W1 Tawny because its such a beautiful olive tanned shade that doesn't look orange and complements the tan.

on 5/9/2017 6:02:00 AM

This has to be the most industrial strength foundation I've ever put on my face! I have fair combination skin with a moderately shiny T-zone. The lovely lady at the Lauder counter expertly colour matched me and she did a great job, so no complaints on service or the colour. The colour range is amazing, so it should suit many skin tones. The texture of the foundation is nice, a creamy liquid and it applies well, dries very quickly, but this is where the positivity stopped for me. It just looked like a mask on my face and that was with one light layer. Very matte, with no luminosity and I couldn't see my real skin at all. I could also feel the product once dried and it has an unusual smell. Not unpleasant I don't think, but certainly not fragrance free. It took a lot to remove as it practically stuck on my skin. This stuff wasn't going anywhere!! I am used to lighter liquid foundations that are semi-matte to matte as well, but that still manage to make you look natural and a little luminous (but not shiny!). Basically products that make your skin look perfected naturally. So on that basis and from my own experience with this one, I think this would suit someone wanting a med-full coverage, very matte finish, a look where its obvious you're wearing makeup and something that just won't budge no matter what. It must work for lots out there due to the reviews, but it's not for me!

on 5/8/2017 2:32:00 AM

This does last a long time, and coverage is high, but I got the lightest shade Cool Bone, which looks good when I put it on, but by the end of the day, turns orange. Yes, I have really pale skin, but come on...I can't have this weird streaky look. It does cover blemishes and maybe if I get a different shade, I'll start to love it.

Love it. Nice consistency a little goes a long way. Hate the packaging would prefer a squirty bottle but its still a great product. Considering I use it everyday its a little expensive but a great product.

on 5/1/2017 4:10:00 AM

This is my HG foundation for sure! No matter how much I try other foundations I keep finding myself missing this one ! Best staying power out of any foundation I've ever tried and best coverage. I love it. It's full coverage and glam looking. So it will look like you have foundation on but it will look like you have FLAWLESS gorgeous foundation on. I love it so much I was hooked ever since I tried it almost 2 years ago. I repurchase it instantly every time it runs out

This did NOT do the job for me. After only 30 minutes the foundations sat i my mimic lines (not wrinkles but the places where my face moves naturally) I'm really sad cause I've heard so many nice things about this product and I was really expecting my new go-to foundation. I did not use any primer under the foundation since I read it was best without. But yeah.. not a foundation for me at least :(

on 4/26/2017 8:54:00 PM

Number one foundation. It smoothes all imperfections, pores become invisible and whenever I wear this foundation I just fall in love with my skin. Its not difficult to apply, but I have to pay attention and have a good light when applying it. Lasts forever. Sweat resistant. Not drying. Hard to wash off.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been on the hunt for a med to full coverage foundation. This didn't come to mind intial. I tried MUFE ,Nars Sheer Glow, Mac Pro Longwear and Tarte Amazonian clay recently but didn't love any of them accept MPL. After reading so many rave reviews I figured it was time to give DW a try. I just applied it for the 1rst time and I gotta say.....I'm totally impressed with it!! Absolutely flawless coverage without a heavy look and feel. Only one application was all I needed. It didnt make my skin a flat mat, more of a demi mat, satin finish. There's still a translucency to my skin which I want, but didnt except to get from this formula. I applied it over Mac Strobe cream with a Sigma f80 flat kabuki. I'm nc25 so Sand is perfect for me and has a nice olive yellow undertone, not orange as Mac Pro Longwear is. As far as wear time, I can't say at this point, but assuming will be great. If you haven't tried it yet I would do so.

on 4/20/2017 2:27:00 AM

I love this foundation. I will say it definitely took some getting used to, and I had to try a few different ways of applying it to make it work best for me. Once I got the hang of it, however, it is absolutely flawless with every single application! I have oily skin and after a lot of trial and error I discovered that for the most perfect coverage for my skin type, I need to mix the Double Wear with a bit of serum (I use Lauder Idealist or Lancôme Visionnaire). Then I apply with a dense foundation brush, buffing outward from the center of my face. I find that for me, the primers I have tried with Double Wear tend to make it look a bit splotchy, so I skip a primer with this foundation. Sometimes I set with a little powder but usually the Double Wear + serum is perfect. Wish the bottle had a pump but besides that, Double Wear lives up to its hype! Play with it a bit and find what works best for you.