Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

on 11/19/2017 3:39:00 PM

Because of FINALLY being able to find this at my local ulta, I'm planning to go back and return all my other foundations for store credit because this foundation blew me away! I wore it for the first time on a very busy day at work, where at some points I'd feel my face sweating and I'd get worried that my face would start melting...not a bit! This even helps with creasing and fine lines, it doesn't eliminate them but it does keep them from settling in and cracking. I blend this using my it cosmetics airbrush #101 and it covers my terrible redness, discoloration and irritated looking pimples like a charm. The finish I love! I don't even want to set it with powder because it's a soft dewy/semi matte for me. It is pretty good about not coming off, where other foundations it would end up all over my phone screen, this one barely rubbed off. Packaging isn't great, no pump or anything special. I'm hoping and praying it doesn't break me out because I'm just so ecstatic about how it works for me!!

on 10/29/2017 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Used to be good but now they jacked the price by a whole 10 dollars now that more people are using it. Outrageous example of price gouging, and there are so many new foundations coming out in the 30 dollar range that there is no reason to keep buying bottles of Doublewear at 44 bucks. Estee Lauder is ridiculous. AND NO PUMP STILL. THEY WANT YOU TO PAY $10 FOR THE PUMP TOO, IN ADDITION TO RAISING THE PRICE BY $10! WILD!

on 10/18/2017 6:38:00 AM

I've been using it for years and there is no foundation on the market to get even close... and I' ve tried ! Still, it has its secrets: 1. The skin should be well moisturized. 2. Using mattifing moisturises is a NO GO - the foundation would look awfully cakey. 3. Cover the mouth of the bottle with your finger and turn it upside down - this should be a "shot"; max 3 will do. 4. It is important to spread it rather quickly allover the face, cause it kind of dries during the process. 5. I find the building up is a bad ideea - in my experience, 1 layer/ application is enough. Red spots and other defaults should be treated "on spot", discreetly.
Once you find its ways/ secrets, you become addicted to it. :-) <3 it !

on 10/14/2017 10:10:00 AM

The shade is a perfect match which normally is quite a struggle for me. I have combination skin with a few dry spots and some imperfections such as pimples and a few acne scars.

First of all, the packaging sucks. No pump?! How am I supposed to get the foundation out without wasting product? Nope, that's just dumb.

I used this foundation with a primer, a quite cheap drugstore primer that I use on an every day basis. As for the formula I find it a tad too thick but it blends really well on my skin. I used a damp beauty blender and it worked really well. I guess a thick formula is to expect when it is supposed to stay put for 10+ hours.

It's very buildable and the coverage ranges from ligh to heavy. I prefer a medium coverage so I used two layers. With this product you benefit from building it up gradually as opposed to using one thick layer.

After two layers I still need to use a concealer for spot touch up as I have a tiny bit of acne and the red spots are coming through.

I can really feel the foundation on my face which as a problem for me. I don't like the feeling of having a mask on and this feels really heavy.

Overall this is not ideal for me. It's a good product and my skin looks really good, almost like it's my own skin, but the feeling of the product on my skin really kills it for me. Normally I use the Estee lauder double wear cushion stick which I really LOVE so I automatically thought that the products would be similar only this one providing a bit more coverage. Nope, I still need my concealer here!

I put it on at 10 am and now it's 5 pm. The foundation still looks flawless! No cracking, no oxidation and it hasn't sunken into my pores. It looks really good! The mask-like feeling hasn't gone away and I constantly get reminded of having foundation on. If that is not a problem for you this is a really rad product! I think I will use this for special occasions when I want to look flawless without touching up.

PROS:
- Shade is a perfect match
- Looks really natural even after two layers
- A variation of coverage
- Blends really well
- Photographs well
- Doesn't oxide
- as promised it does hold for a really long time

CONS:
- No pump
- my face feels heavy with product
- The price
- Doesn't cover acne redness
- Thick formula

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

First of all it oxidized on my skin within one hour after application.At the end of the day my skin look ashy.I have dry skin and this does not do any favor at all!Plus its way too expensive.
But if it works for your skin,good for you because this is the only foundation that did not break me out.

on 9/19/2017 1:12:00 PM

I was first introduced to this foundation a few years back when I walked into Sephora and told them my oily skin needed something bullet proof. I have been using this foundation on and off ever since. The reason I am not loyal to this foundation are the few, but major, flaws in this formula.

First, no matter what I do, applying less, applying it with a different brush, applying with a primer, applying without (the list goes on), it always looks shiny! I find that it never fully dries down... what the eff? I hate this finish because i always look like a wax figure. I do apply powder to set (which i have also changed to accommodate to the fact that this does nothing to control my oil) and just to echo what everyone else is saying, the lack of a pump is really some BS, especially when paying $50 for a foundation. This foundation is also not easy to work with if you need to apply another layer and easily cakes up. For something that does not control oil, this still somehow manages to make me dry in areas and accentuate dry patches. And if i accidentally use too much and apply some under my eyes, man do they look worse for wear.

With all the negatives out of the way, its time to address the reasons why i do re-purchase. The main reason that I run back to this foundation is for the fact that it truly is "stay-in-place" makeup. When applied, no matter how much i blot, and I blot almost every hour, it is still left on my skin at the end of the day. My perfect colour match is ivory nude, but when matched by a rep. they gave me bone and sweet jesus i looked like a sweet potato at the end of the day, so be careful when matching. At the end of the day, if i could give it an HG status based on the sole reason that it doesn't budge, then i would. But with all other foundations on the market, the search continues for something better.

Please take into consideration that this review applies to me and how this foundation worked with me and my skin and my review of this foundation could differ to others but this is just my honest opinion. As my intrest in make up got deeper and fonder
I began to get fed up of using drugstore foundations and feeling like i was spending pointless amounts of money on foundations that had no impact on the way my makeup looked or lasted. I used numerious foundations from drugstores and still struggled to find one that was of a high coverage and lasted through out the day or at a evening party. My friend then requested i look into buying this foundation and in comparorison to other high end foundations it wasnt the price i could fault considering others that many beauty gurues rave about like 'Giorgio Armani' are so much more pricey, I found this a lot more affordable. I cant complain about how long this foundation lasts me from when i apply it to when i take it off the coverage still remains same and covers any pimple, spot or crease in my skin i dont want showing, so therefore i was pleased with that, however this foundation is extremely thick and doesnt give a natrual flawless look instead because of its thickness it tends to make my makeup look cakey. If you are looking into buying this foundation please do consider what skin type you are first as my skin is combination so is oily but i do find around my nose and under my eyes my skin is dry and i found that the foundation gripped onto my dry skin and didnt look duey instead it looked ruff when i added powder and i baked my under eye and when my sin got more oily in the process of wearing it the foundation sunk into my pores and made them appear through. This foundation would be much better for anyone who has oily skin or anyone that prefers a matte look instead of a duey one. I WOULDNT RECOMMED TO ANYONE WITH DRY SKIN.

on 9/13/2017 10:24:00 PM

I can't live without this foundation!!!

on 9/8/2017 4:16:00 PM

I've been wearing this for a few years, tried things in between but always come back to this. I need something matte and long wearing that doesn't break me out or clog my pores. I have oily, large pores, acne prone skin btw & I can't use anything with SD alcohol aka alcohol denat. because of my sensitive skin.
Tarte - Breaks me out
MUFE mat velvet + - Cause overload of oil production
Nars luminous - I was luminous alright
Nars TM- greasy mess
Laura Mercier TM - See above

... anyways you get the idea, nothing works for me. I continue the hunt for something less heavy duty that can control my oil or at least not leave me looking messy, until then I wear ELDW on the daily. Winter I am 2N1 Desert Beige and sometimes Sand, then in summer I am the shade Tawny.

I apply it with a brush and paint it on then smooth it out with my fingers or a sponge.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

EDIT: I don't know if this is just my skin, but the more I've worn it, the more I can't wait to get it off my face. It feels like a mask I can't wait to remove. Also - and this is weird - the full bottle seems to either turn reddish on my skin, or maybe I'm just blending out really sheer? Either way, I've put it to one side having used the full bottle for less than a week and have replaced with Fenty Beauty. I have to say, I didn't experience this issue with the sample I got so I don't know what the issue is. I've changed my review because of these issues and have left at a 2 lippie score because generously I think maybe it's user error and I just haven't found the best method of application for my skin.
----------------------
If you've seen my other reviews, you can see I've been on the hunt for a good full coverage foundation that doesn't slip off my face, irritate my rosacea, or separate and go grainy over the course of the day. This one is a winner all round, and I'm SO surprised because I just thought it wouldn't suit me at all.

My colour is Cool Bone which I think is the lightest. I got matched to Almond before which was odd - but Cool Bone is great. Doesn't oxidise and while I'm expecting flashback it's not something I'm especially worried about.

I dot all over my face and then blend with a damp RT sponge and it gives a really beautiful finish. For me, I don't think it gives a mask-like look; I don't know if that's because I'm using less than the beauty gurus I've watched on YouTube, my technique, or maybe just that the rosacea is peeking through and giving a 'natural' flush. Either way, it looks good. I can layer over the really red bits if needs be.

It's creamy and blends really well, it doesn't seem to dry down like for e.g. the Lock It foundation. I dust some Velvetizer finishing powder over the top and I'm genuinely flawless. While my skin requires a blotting by the end of the day, it's nothing I can't handle and doesn't look disgusting if I don't bother. Even the oils breaking through don't seem to disturb the make up which is EXACTLY what I was looking for! And even on my dryer bits, it didn't feel uncomfortable at all, even after 12 hours wear.

It's really pricey, and it's such a con that you have to buy the pump separately for an extra fiver, but I am going to have to splurge because it works so well.