Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.2

12/2012 REFORMULATION

This Estee Lauder foundation is Fantastic! I have been using it for YEARS religiously...I have never been able to achieve such flawless results with any other product and omg...this lasts all day into the evening without need for touch up. The best part for me is the No Transfer! It stays in place...reminding me of the time I bought a Dior foundation that left my wallet empty and a white shirt covered in foundation...that never happens with ELDW. I have primarily stuck with Ivory Beige although the Wheat works well in the summer months when I have a bit more color to my skin. It is absolutely full coverage, but never cakey. My skin is fairly normal with the T zone being a bit oily. I do moisturize and prime prior to foundation application. I am finding this year though, that it is settling a bit in my fine eye lines, but that is no reflection of the product..my skin is just aging...😣 I give 4 lippies on price because I find most cosmetics overpriced...but that wouldn't stop me from buying this product because it delivers the results I seek.

on 2/28/2017 12:26:00 PM

the best foundation all time. amazing coverage, no mask feeling and naturally look:) i would recommend to everyone!

on 2/28/2017 4:49:00 AM

I love this foundation so much, it kills me that I won't re purchase this foundation due to the fact the flash back in photos is absolutely horrible !!! I look like a ghost in photos ! I love the way it looks on my face it's a shame that it doesn't look good in flash photos.

on 2/28/2017 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This stuff has the consistency and smells very strongly of paint, if you need FULL coverage and don't mind a cakey feeling then it would be okay for you, but not for me. I have normal- dry skin, this foundation brings out every tiny patch of dryness I didn't even know I had, and it clings to the tiny hairs on my face making my overall skin look like it has a very strange and unpleasant texture. I mix a little in with my favourite foundations when I want a little extra coverage, then it's not so bad but I just do that to try and use it up!

on 12/14/2016 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The staying power on this is amazing! I hardly ever have to touch up, it will happily stay on 12+ hours. I was a little bit disappointed with the coverage, I usually have to do 2 layers to get a decent amount, which used a lot more product, however, it is buildable and doesn't go cakey. I've found the best application is with a beauty blender. For more coverage I'll mix with a bit of becca ultimate coverage foundation - it saves doing the second layer. The packaging is classy, a pump would be nice but not completely nessesary. Didn't have any sort of reaction, wasn't drying etc, just make sure you remove it properly as this stuff doesn't want to budge! Will repurchase!!

My favourite ever foundation, tried others and always switched back to this one. Was my saviour when I had severe acne. Amazing coverage and lasts for ages only down side is that it feels heavy on the skin and needs a pump on the bottle!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My hg foundation for high end products! Stays on all day and shows no signs of fading compared to other foundations. Love it and will repurchase even it's over my budget.

It is great foundation because it looks like you are not wearing makeup at all and your face looks perfect it does not show imperfections. I was using clinic which is really good too but my daughter and husband noticed the pores on my face had increased due to the clinic foundation. My husband told my daughter it was due to the makeup. I was really worried. I still had some of Estee Lauder foundation and noticed my face and pores decreased. I just purchased a brand new bottle.

Thank you; Estee Lauder.

on 9/15/2016 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is really my go to foundation and does really live up to the hype. Along with a good primer/setting spray this can pretty much last you all day without 'fading'. Best part is that is very buildable, thus those looking for very light or full coverage can use it. I personally find that is applied better with a stippling blush, i've tried a beauty blender with it but it was VERY patchy on my skin.
The only downside of the product is the range of shades. I have yellow/warm skin, but in saying that my skin is very light and I haven't really found a shade that works perfectly with my skin. I currently use 1N1 which is not the greatest match but I have found that the 1C1 is way too pink for my skin and the 1W1 is just way too orangey. I've been able to get it closer to my skin tone by dropping is some shade adjusting drops (Cover FX) which the foundation works fine with.

on 8/19/2016 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My favourite foundation!! Lasts all day, at first I found it quite drying, but if you use a good moisturizer before you apply it then it looks a lot better! I'm a Mac NW20 and wear Fresco 2C3. I've been wearing it over a year and find it gives the best coverage when I compare it to other foundations, I think it gives better coverage and lasts a lot longer than the MAC foundations I used to be obsessed with. I adore this foundation and it leaves a flawless finish (I also use a beauty blender.) I wasn't keen on the bottle when I first got it, but you can use the Mac foundation pump and cut it a little at the bottom for it to fit in the Estée bottle and it works perfectly! Love, love, love!!!