Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 12/14/2016 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The staying power on this is amazing! I hardly ever have to touch up, it will happily stay on 12+ hours. I was a little bit disappointed with the coverage, I usually have to do 2 layers to get a decent amount, which used a lot more product, however, it is buildable and doesn't go cakey. I've found the best application is with a beauty blender. For more coverage I'll mix with a bit of becca ultimate coverage foundation - it saves doing the second layer. The packaging is classy, a pump would be nice but not completely nessesary. Didn't have any sort of reaction, wasn't drying etc, just make sure you remove it properly as this stuff doesn't want to budge! Will repurchase!!

My favourite ever foundation, tried others and always switched back to this one. Was my saviour when I had severe acne. Amazing coverage and lasts for ages only down side is that it feels heavy on the skin and needs a pump on the bottle!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My hg foundation for high end products! Stays on all day and shows no signs of fading compared to other foundations. Love it and will repurchase even it's over my budget.

It is great foundation because it looks like you are not wearing makeup at all and your face looks perfect it does not show imperfections. I was using clinic which is really good too but my daughter and husband noticed the pores on my face had increased due to the clinic foundation. My husband told my daughter it was due to the makeup. I was really worried. I still had some of Estee Lauder foundation and noticed my face and pores decreased. I just purchased a brand new bottle.

Thank you; Estee Lauder.

on 9/15/2016 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is really my go to foundation and does really live up to the hype. Along with a good primer/setting spray this can pretty much last you all day without 'fading'. Best part is that is very buildable, thus those looking for very light or full coverage can use it. I personally find that is applied better with a stippling blush, i've tried a beauty blender with it but it was VERY patchy on my skin.
The only downside of the product is the range of shades. I have yellow/warm skin, but in saying that my skin is very light and I haven't really found a shade that works perfectly with my skin. I currently use 1N1 which is not the greatest match but I have found that the 1C1 is way too pink for my skin and the 1W1 is just way too orangey. I've been able to get it closer to my skin tone by dropping is some shade adjusting drops (Cover FX) which the foundation works fine with.

on 8/19/2016 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My favourite foundation!! Lasts all day, at first I found it quite drying, but if you use a good moisturizer before you apply it then it looks a lot better! I'm a Mac NW20 and wear Fresco 2C3. I've been wearing it over a year and find it gives the best coverage when I compare it to other foundations, I think it gives better coverage and lasts a lot longer than the MAC foundations I used to be obsessed with. I adore this foundation and it leaves a flawless finish (I also use a beauty blender.) I wasn't keen on the bottle when I first got it, but you can use the Mac foundation pump and cut it a little at the bottom for it to fit in the Estée bottle and it works perfectly! Love, love, love!!!

on 7/15/2016 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like the coverage this foundation gives so much. Skin is flawless with this on, barely need any concealer.
It can emphasize pores, but nothing too bad. I've seen much worser (I tried almost every foundation out there) Use a good pore filling primer.
Doesn't enlarged fine lines
The soft look is so lovely.

Looking at the coverage this gives, I'm suprised how natural this can look. Looks like skin. Not over powdery (which i really hate) or cakey.

BUT. Sometimes.. this stuff can be a little drying. And if i apply too much (on the nose or chin area mostly) this can look cakey and dry. Sometimes a little chalky even.

The other problem I have with this foundation, is the way it sets.. Like revlon colorstay sets so quick and you have to work fast? This you get a little more time, but once it sets, its set. You can't go back. You cant touch it! If you do it will get flakey/powdery.
So.. It's not the easiest foundation to work with.

But still, when you moisterize well, use a good primer (I like this with the too faced pore primer) it looks so so nice. So smooth. Stays on the skin for hours.

I have this in 'Fresco' and it's the best colormatch I've ever had, its my exact skin colour. Never had such a good match before.

I do recommend this, but not for really dry skin.
And you do have to find out how to use this, what works best for you.

When it comes to full coverage foundations, I do think this is one of the best. But because of the way it sets, I do like my teint idole better. It's just easier.

I bought this foundation because of the coverage and overall it is an amazing foundation. I use it if i have an event, or big day that will give me a nice coverall throughout the day. I've worn it to a music festival (which was a 40 degree day) and i got no make up lines from wearing sunglasses and it still looked good by the end of the day throughout all the sweating and what not from the hot weather. I've also worn it out clubbing and woke up with in the next day looking not too bad either

The foundation is known to have bad flash back but i didn't see too much of a difference when i had photos taken wearing it from what i normally would with other foundations.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Was a little disappointed with this one.

because I seem to be the only one who is not wowed by this foundation. It definitely does have staying power but I feel that it is really heavy and feels almost glue like on my skin, it also has a weird fragrance that I personally dislike. I say if that's not an issue for you then go for it. I will finish the bottle that I bought because it's not awful it's just a bit too heavy for daily use.

on 4/24/2016 8:12:00 PM

I haven't liked a foundation this much in years. I like it better than Revlon colorstay whipped. I got matched in person, but I have an unusual skin tone- yellow and olive yet pale. This lasts all day on me. Love it!