Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.2

I’ve been using this product since December and I’ve had the worst acne of my life. My face was virtually flawless before I started using this product. It has basically ruined my face! I remember thinking what the hell could be breaking my face also bad? I have a good diet, I drink nothing but water, I exercise, the only thing that I could think of was me changing up my foundation. So I did a little digging on the Internet and found out that Estee Lauder double wear did a formula change a couple years ago and with that formula change, they now use 3 to 4 ingredients that are extremely pore clogging. my face is covered with acne scars now. I just figured out what was going on with my face yesterday, so I’m starting the journey to get my skin back to what it used to be. I was using color stay by Revlon before this high-end make up brands and my face was absolutely fine. Looks like I’ll be going back to the cheap stuff. My face and my wallet will thank me !!

on 1/31/2018 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my all time favorite foundations. It covers everything and stays on all day. The only problems I have with it is that it can get a bit cakey if you put on a little bit too much, and the packaging is annoying, as it's really difficult to get the foundation out without spilling.
I have slightly oily skin, and it works wonders for me, so I'd definitely recommend it for my fellow oily skin people!

on 12/21/2017 5:07:00 AM

The foundation with the best staying power. However, it’s a bit drying around the corners of my mouth and chin. I also get little bumps on the sides of my nose. They all disappear with a spritz of rose water. I only use this foundation when I know I have long days. Otherwise, if it’s a typical work day of 10 hours, I use Dior Star as I don’t get any reactions from it and the freedom of foundation coming out from a pump. Double Wear is also quite difficult to manage when putting it on. Definitely need a tool of some sort for that blurring effect. I am still trying to find my correct shade. I have tried three colours and all were a bit off in one way or another.

on 12/8/2017 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation is very full coverage, great for a night out but not for everyday wear. It oxidizes a lot, so if you were to wear it throughout the day I would recommend going 1 or 2 shades lighter. I used it daily for a while and it definitely didn't do my skin any favours.

on 11/14/2017 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The coverage is pretty nice. It will look good on those who have to cover up acne.
If you have a dry skin, it will make it even more dry by the end of the day.
After 9-10 hours you will see it will start to clump around the eye area.

4 out 5 because of it makes the dry skin even more dry.

on 11/6/2017 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this foundation! A little goes a very long way. My skin looks absolutely flawless after. It also wears so well. I have gone to festivals mid summer when the temperatures are in the high 90s and been outside for hours, looked in the mirror, and been shocked by how good my skin still looks. It’s amazing. It can feel a little tacky at times, but setting it with a foundation is all it needs. It’s such a great foundation. You can wear it light or layer it. Dries semi matte. I love it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I have normal-combo skin that has some mild discolouration. I prefer full coverage foundations because I think my skin lacks radiance, and I love the look full coverage gives me. I also have an issue with makeup not lasting throughout the day. This looks as good as when you first applied it after a long day. It has that matte, quick dry quality to it that makes it stick - but you can still blend it comfortably while applying. I would say the finish is natural satin-matte. I use a beauty blender and don't use too much product. I'm NC25-30 2W2 Rattan is a perfect match, have also used 3N1 Beige Ivory and 3W1 Tawny as well and they were an ok match.

on 9/26/2017 11:29:00 PM

I'll start with the pros of this foundation:

-Photographs well
-Stays in Place (the claim is not lying- I wore it for 8 hours straight and it did not budge)
-Blends well
-Does not cause breakouts
-Excellent full coverage that doesn't look cakey

Cons:
-Oxidises
-Difficult to find a match despite all the shades
-Made my normal skin feel tight/elastic/stiff sort of like it has a rubber agent or something in it
-My skin felt 'heavy' when I had it on (heavier than Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation)
-Difficult to remove. I really had to scrub my skin to get this off, and even after I showered and exfoliated, there were still some traces of makeup on my face

Review:
I do like this foundation and I think it is a good quality product that does what it says, and I will save it for when I am going out and don't want my makeup to melt off my face. Other than that, I just feel as if the cons outweigh this foundation for me over the pros. I have Olive/Tan skin with mostly neutral undertones. I was matched with Shell Beige- on application, this foundation easily looked 2 shades too light for my skin. Even when blended in, it still looked a little too light. However, I waited a couple of hours and the formula oxidized, and then it *mostly* matched my skin. It photographs beautifully in natural daylight, however I noticed once it became evening and into night, again, the foundation actually looked too light for my skin- with and without flash. Not entirely unexpected considering it wasn't a perfect match even with oxidization. However, if you have found a perfect match with this foundation, I feel as if it would photograph beautifully in any light. I have tried to try other shades, but the shades up from Shell Beige are too pink for my skin. I really wish companies would manufacture more darker shades for neutral undertones, but overall I think EL have done a good job of making so many shades available for different skin colors and tones as lots of people seem to have found their match with this foundation. The other thing is that this foundation felt heavy on my face- and my skin felt very stiff/tight when I had it on. I can overlook that though, due to the fantastic non-transfer qualities and coverage this makeup has.

If they introduce more shades I'd definitely give it another go, but for now I wont be repurchasing.

on 9/21/2017 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My mom used this. She didnt love it nor hate it. She never asked for a second bottle. She always goes back to wearibg Korean BB creams.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is popular and for a good reason. It really does last for 16+ hours on the skin. Once on it does not move and stays flawless throughout the day/evening.

The shade range is amazing, so finding a shade to match should not be a problem. I'd advise getting matched at the counter just because there are that many shades and the right one for you might not be the one you originally thought!

It is a heavier coverage foundation so it's not to everyone's liking. It is sweat proof in that I've worn it in high 30/40 degrees C temperatures and it has stayed put. It is like cement- onceit dries, it's set. It can feel a little tight and drying on skin though after that pont where it's "set"

I've heard of people using it in the gym due to its sweat proof staying power. I've never worn make up at the gym but I reckon double wear would withstand a gym class!

The only slightly negative point, which lost a point from me in the packaging category, is that is doesn't have a pump. It's that thick, it could probably clog up a pump. Instead I pour a little on the back of my hand or finger, dot some on my face then use a brush or damp beauty sponge to apply and blend. It is very easy to go too far and pour loads out and waste it :(

It is a best selling foundation for a reason though. The coverage is amazing. Very full.
It is suitable or a range of skin types and shades and it does stay put all day. On dry akin types, load up on your moisturiser as it can be a little drying and feel tight.

I have bought this over and over again and will continue to do so for a lasting coverage foundation.