Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.2

12/2012 REFORMULATION

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is popular and for a good reason. It really does last for 16+ hours on the skin. Once on it does not move l and stays flawless throughout the day/evening.

The shade range is amazing so finding a shade to match should not be a problem. I'd advise getting arched at the counter just because there are that many shades!!

It is a heavier coverage foundation so it's not for everyone. It is sweat proof in that I've worn in in high 30/40 degrees C temperatures and its stayed put. I've heard of people using it in the gym too. I'v never worn make up at the gym but I reckon double wear would withstand a gym class!

The only slightly negative point which lost a point from me in the packaging category is that is doesn't have a pump. It's that thick, it could probably clog up a pump. Instead I pour a little on the back of my hand or finger, dot some on my face then use a brush or damp beauty sponge to apply and blend. It is easy to go too far and pour loads out and waste it.

It is a best selling foundation for a reason though. The coverage is amazing. It is suitable or a range of skin types and shades and it does stay put all day. On dry akin types, load up on your moiaturiser as it can be a little drying. It doesn't cling to dry patches though.

I have bought this over and over again and will continue to do so until I find something better.

on 7/10/2017 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

It's been awhile since iv been on to review all my new Summer products iv bought,but as i was reviewing the new Estee Edit i realized id never said how i felt ab this awesome foundation! In short,even the worst reviews iv read ab ED double wear,i found seemed to be quite happy with it anyway,and i will say for a girl with semi normal skin, until this year anyway,I'm now experiencing dry moments AND oily ones as of this Summer so i can officially say this is a must have for ALL skin types! When i used when i had normal skin,i used a foundation brush and got full coverage and only used my norm moisturizer and primer.. Now? Whether I'm having a cakey or oily day,double wear STILL gives full coverage! The only thing i find difficult ab it is if your a BB girl,it dries fast causing creases BUT as long you use a good brush or even a damp BB,this will help sooo much! All in all this is one of the two foundations i currently use that i can ALWAYS count on! xo

on 6/30/2017 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Have been using this for years and love it. Tried numerous other foundations but they did not stand up to the power of Double Wear. Makes my skin look great - everyone compliments this foundation on me. I use shade "Ivory Beige" which I would normally think was too light for me but because its a neutral tone it is perfect. I noticed that all reviewers here from 16 - 60 love it. Highly recommend!! :):)

on 6/17/2017 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Wow! I love this stuff.

I'm a foundation junkie. I rarely buy the same thing twice. I've tried SO many foundations; all of Cliniques and MACs, I've tried makeup forever, Dior, benefit, Sephora collection, hourglass, Josie maran, Lancôme, many of the drug store brands (more recently bourjois), Marc jacobs....if Sephora sells it I've probably had a bottle at some point over the years.

This stuff is my holy grail of foundation. It's awesome. Once it's on, it doesn't budge all day. I usually put my makeup on around 7:30am and take it off around 9pm. Usually with other brands the make up has worn off and it looks streaky, and my face looks a little oily.

This stuff is amazing. Nice medium coverage and matte finish, I don't even have to use a concealer or a powder. By the evening, my makeup looks the same as it did that morning. I have combination/oily skin. No oiliness at all.

The BEST foundation I have ever used. Will be in my makeup bag forever (until I find the next best thing). Would highly recommend it unless you have dry skin. Make sure you use a foundation brush to apply as well.

And at $46 a bottle it's practically free!! Great price point.

on 6/2/2017 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Good colors....I like using a foundation brush with this...I think this colors are good and match well....It stays on food for me...I have normal skin...

on 6/2/2017 2:55:00 PM

this foundation is just ok to me cuz well I agree that it has a really good coverage and lasts long but it oxidises and it's a little bit drying. It does feel quite heavy and you have to work really carefully with this one cuz it can get Cakey but if u apply a nice thin layer it does look smooth. Of course if I were a person with a lot acne or blemishes or any kind of eczema I would buy it because of its coverage but I already have a clear skin I don't have skin issues so I won't buy it. MAIN REASON: heavy and oxidises
The packaging is not good at all I actually like a pump dispenser but these kind of open bottles I don't like cuz u can mistakenly pour it all over your hand. A pump is good cuz it gives u a good amount according to your liking. U can get a required amount effortlessly. But these open bottles can be a bit messy. Price is not worth the product.

on 5/26/2017 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Great foundation. Theres a bit of a learning curve to get over when first using it. Silicon primer does very well underneath (dont use water based) and if you have a great skin care routine with great skin its even easier to the point you can apply it with your fingers and it looks perfect. Otherwise applying with a flat top foundation brush (ive used IT cosmetics brand) has also produced amazing results as well.
It lasts all day 12 hours +
Theres no oxidation
Ive swam in the ocean and its held up fine
Nice medium to almost full coverage (many tout it can be used to spot conceal but i dont find that it does that very well)
Great range of shades

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Color selection amazing coverage amazing yes i we'll recommend needs new application funtion

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

When you need coverage and longevity Double Wear is still the gold standard for a department store foundation. Now that it has been out 20 plus years, I would like to see the formula tweaked to look more modern and skin like. I recommend going extremely light with your powder or it is going to be a heavy and very unnatural look. A dusting of loose only on the nose cheeks forehead and chin is all that should be needed no matter the skin type, and many should be able to get away with just blotting the foundation once it sets to take off the top most shine left over. I personally like to see it without a powder on normal skin types. Be aware you will need good facial cleanser to remove Double Wear or you may start having breakouts. Many of the cleansing facial oils work well to break it down, and even after that I would suggest a foaming cleanser or at least a swiping of toner to make sure all traces are wiped away. I've seen many women through the years who would splurge on their Double Wear and skimp on their cleanser and it just does work out. Be careful about the bottle. It is glass and there is no pump. Don't dip dirty fingers or brushes on the open top. I wish Estee Lauder would make a pump. Really cheap on their part for such a high end and well loved product.

on 4/24/2017 4:37:00 AM

I love this stuff, great coverage and long wear. Always repurchase