Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Dry age: 19-24
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

horrible cakey makeup. stay away if you got dry skin because it makes your skin look like Sahara desert!

on 11/30/2015 1:08:00 AM

I might have gotten a bad batch, but I really expected more out of this foundation.
I have dry skin with acne, hyper pigmentation, and scarring which is a lot to ask a foundation to cover, but I have found some good ones. (Kat von D, Infallible, ect)
This was thin, watery, with little coverage. I used my beloved primer before application as I always do, applied with a brush and BB on one side, and stippling on the other, and both sides looked awful. It went on super streaky and I could not blend it out!
I ended up taking it off completely because I just gave up trying to make this work.
Would not buy again. Total Dud for me.

This product really doesn't live up to the hype. Its extremely cake, settles in my pores and lines on my face even after using a primer. the coverage is good, but the packaging is a big downside. the lack of a pump means that I always pour out way more than needed and waste a lot. definitely will not buy again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation gives full coverage and it's very long-lasting but it's definitely not for dry skin as it is very heavy, mask-like, cakey, and it enhances flakes and dry patches. It's definitely not for everyday use as well because it's like cement on skin literally "smothering" your skin making it impossible for your skin to breathe and clear its impurities, which is very important for good healthy skin.

on 10/21/2016 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have bought this product before many times a few years ago and loved it so I am putting it down to buying it in a different country (or they have changed the formula) but it is so drying and sticks to any problem areas. It's very thick consistency which is obviously best for scarring and blemishes but actual active acne, stay away from it. It makes every little dry patch and lump and bump stick out. Was really hoping for something amazing, unfortunately not.

I heard a lot of positive reviews from this foundation and i wanted to see what the hype was about. I love buying different foundations to find which works best for me.. Unfortunately, this foundation was just the worst. Its cakey and settles into my fine lines and pores. also broke me out on my chin and left flakes. If you have dry skin i do not recommend for you. That being said, this foundation is perfect for oily skin. On the other hand, revlon color stay is the exact dupe for this foundation!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Unfortunately I didn't love this foundation for many reasons a lot of which were my own fault.
I wanted to try a high end foundation (thinking that maybe it would do wonders for my skin because I paid more money for it: wrong) one this is definitely wrong for my dry patchy skin type. It feels heavy on the skin to me even when I mix with something more fluid like a lotion. It does dry to a matte finish which is not my cup of tea I prefer luminosity above all else. If you do not blend it well enough you can see the spots where foundation is applied. I also don't like it to look like I'm wearing much makeup and this looks a bit cakey on my skin (dry patches of course) giving away that I'm trying to look flawless but failing at doing so. I also ordered it online so I didn't get a good idea of what shade was proper for me and because they have soooo many colors it was really hard to choose.

My tips for anyone interested in this product
1. Make sure you are color matched at a counter, wear it about for a day, then make a decision about buying it because it is quite pricey
2. Have a compatible skin type with the foundation, I would not recommend to anyone with dry skin
3. blend very well before it sets I would work in sections

Pros
1. Noticeable high quality, the packaging is very pretty
2. Long lasting for sure
3. Great coverage
4. Large color range

Cons (for my skin)
1. Drying
2. expensive
3. heavy packaging (glass obviously)
4. No pump, pouring on the back of my hand isn't my favorite

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I started using this and thought it was the best stuff in the world.

Until after about a month of use I broke out like crazy. So I used their recommended makeup remover to get it off. It made matters worse. So I quit using. It gives a great coverage and matte finish. I would continue using this, but I can't because of the breakouts. You practically have to scrub it off. And then your lucky to get it off after that. A foundation like this possibly could not be good for ones skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I wanna start with the packaging. The packaging really bothers me because it would be my fault if I slipped and broke the bottle, I'm super clumsy, sorry! I still need to lighten the shade a bit and I'm in shade 1C0 Shell. The lightest shade on the Sephora website. THE LIGHTEST! If I still need to lighten the product to get it to match me perfectly then you know I'm pale. The formula is not my favourite, it might be to someone else, but for me it's just too cakey and looks patchy in certain areas and I know I'm blending it in correctly. Overall, not the worst but would not buy again.

on 2/6/2016 2:18:00 PM

I love the coverage and lightweight feel this has, but their shade range is no good when it comes to the lighter tones. I have the lightest shade and it is absurdly dark/yellow. Also the glass bottle packaging makes me feel like towards the end of the bottle the last bit of product will be a nightmare to get out. And if I'm going to pay that much for a foundation, I want tobe able to use it all (aside from the fact that I can't even get by using this color)