Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

on 9/17/2017 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm NC20 or NW20 in MAC. I was matched to Cool Bone, which looked very good when I put it on, but by the end of the day it had oxidized, which was a deal killer for me. As others have mentioned, it's not especially buildable. I had to use a separate concealer for spots. Again as others have mentioned it may not be the best for dry skin. My skin is not super dry, and I used a moisturizer underneath and blended with the foundation as well, but my skin just didn't feel that good, especially as the day wore on. Thankfully, I only had EL's 3-10 day trial size made for me, did not buy a full bottle. Try before you buy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Excellent matte or almost matte foundation. Wide color choice from cool light to deep dark rich.

Pro: Coverage is full. I put some on my hand and you could see the brighteners and titanium or zinc oxide which makes a reflective cover to hide skin flaws and even tone.

Easy to blend, especially if you use a foam blender.

Wears all day.

No scent, seems to work on sensitive skin.

Cons: It probably will photograph too light (there is a lot of titanium or zinc oxide that is reflective in flash.)
It doesn't have a pump.

It really is full coverage. If you want sheer, my skin-but-better, not your foundation.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was in Macy's & asked the sales associate about it,she put some on,it looked good on me.My Complexion is very Fair & Pink...My color is the lightest cool color...Very Nice foundation!

on 2/7/2016 8:36:00 PM

One of many liquid foundations I have tried - I continue to use this upon occasion, especially when I feel the need for a bit more coverage. The consistency of this product is somewhat thick so I usually err on the side of using as little as possible and then building up. I always apply this with a beauty blender as that creates the most "air brushed" look from it. Definitely for someone who wants that total coverage, flawless look. Just be cautious and don't over apply and get that "mask-like" look going on.

on 3/9/2015 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was encouraged by my daughter to try this product. She has very sensitive skin and the fact that it was parabens free made it a good deal for her. She gave me a sample which was the wrong shade for me so we ended up going to the EL counter to try on a shade that would suit me. I ended up purchasing a bottle in Rattan shade as it had yellow undertones, perfect for my Asian skin color. I'm a Mac NC30 and Rattan was a perfect match. To say that the foundation covered my dark spots and freckles is an understatement. I found little need to use a concealer. I apply my moisturizer first, then my Missha CC cream with spf before Double Wear with a Real Technique stippling brush for light coverage and an expert face brush or foundation brush for a full coverage. This product gives a flawless finish and stays on from morning to night even in tropical weather. What's nice is it doesn't feel heavy on my face. My caveat is the packaging. As it doesn't come with a pump, you can end up spilling the product from the bottle if you are not careful, so I had to transfer some into a small container. The price might be a bit high but since a little goes a long way and the quality is really good, it's all worth it. There are at least 20 shades so it won't be a problem finding the right one. Would I repurchase? Yes, definitely but I don't see myself doing so in the near future as I think the bottle would last at least 6 months of every day use.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been a Double Wear user for 15 years and it will continue to be my foundation forever. This foundation has been perfect through many skin changing stages. In my younger years I was oily then I went through hormonal breakouts during menopause and now I'm dry. The trick to using this foundation is the proper moisturizer underneath it for your skin type. I had sales reps tell me that I needed to switch to more moisturizing foundations now that I'm old..excuse me...now that I have mature skin. I have tried samples of every foundation known for older, dry and mature skin and ALWAYS came back to my beloved Double Wear. The older you get the more drying this foundation becomes but if you use creamier moisturizers and a good primer it will look flawless no matter what!! The "new" formula really isn't all that changed and it still contains sunscreen. The EL sales rep told me they just stopped labeling the bottle with the amount of sunscreen but it's still in there.

on 3/28/2013 8:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Although this foundation looked great from a distance and was long lasting, my face felt dry after application. A close look in the mirror showed a lot of unevenness and dry skin. To be fair I use Retina A and my skin will peel at times, but this foundation does me no favors. I won't repurchase it.