Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Dry age: 19-24
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation! It sits on the skin really well. You have to use it with a good primer otherwise I think it slides off the face and clings to any dry patches you might have. When wearing this I don't use any concealer as the foundation is already high coverage. I set the main areas with powder still. Its a full coverage foundation with good consistency.
However the only thing that lets it down is the bottle itself. It has no pump but you can get one for an additional cost.So if you are just pouring it be careful as you might pour too much and waste it. You get a pretty standard amount of product in the bottle.
I would definitely repurchase this as its one of my go to foundations.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I wanna start with the packaging. The packaging really bothers me because it would be my fault if I slipped and broke the bottle, I'm super clumsy, sorry! I still need to lighten the shade a bit and I'm in shade 1C0 Shell. The lightest shade on the Sephora website. THE LIGHTEST! If I still need to lighten the product to get it to match me perfectly then you know I'm pale. The formula is not my favourite, it might be to someone else, but for me it's just too cakey and looks patchy in certain areas and I know I'm blending it in correctly. Overall, not the worst but would not buy again.

on 4/8/2018 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

One of the best foundations I have ever come across. I have used this foundation for years now, I wear the shade 4W1 Honey Bronze. This foundation claims to be 24 hour wear, it is definitely the most long wearing foundation I have used by far. They provide a good variety of undertones. I believe there are 50 shades (UK) might be more elsewhere. Provides a semi - matte finish and it’s medium to full coverage. I have dry to normal skin so I don’t go for matte foundations this one is a nice in between. If your skin is more of the dry side and you’re thinking about purchasing but you’re worried too, don’t be. As long as you prep your skin really well underneath, it’ll work well. I typically like to use Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base & MAC strobe cream with this. I sometimes mix the strobe cream into the foundation. Only down side is... It’s a glass bottle so if you drop it on hard flooring, it’ll likely smash and for the price point (£33.50) that’s steep. Doesn’t come with a pump but you can purchase one on counter for £5.00

FIRST, let me say I have extremely sensitive skin. Meaning anything cheap, or small can cause the littlest thing to go wrong with my skin. I've had foundations that turned my skin red, into rashes, into acne outbreaks, basically you name it. This is the FIRST one that I can honestly say didn't. What you see is what you get, other reviews say it oxidizes, but for me it did not. The shades I apply is the shade that's on hours later. I never find myself touching up this foundation. It's build able which I like. If you wanna go light with you can, or if you want that heavier make up look that's possible as well with this estee foundation. It stays on lock down. I have dry skin, so I hydrate with their moisturizer before applying. My mom, is however oily not dry and it works for her as well. Yes, it's a bit pricey but a bottle lasts me three months and that's wearing it just about everyday. I work at Hooters and it with stands all the heat, running around, and looking glamours that my job requires. No questions asked it's my everyday GO TO foundation!

on 7/9/2017 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this foundation. It's my all time favorite, and my go to foundation if I want my makeup to look flawless and last all day. My skin is quite dry, but this foundation does not cling to the dry patches nor does it make my skin look patchy. This foundation last all day, and does not get oily. The foundation sets well, and feels like skin. Not sticky at all, but not drying either. Even though this foundation is "double wear" it looks pretty natural on my skin. I like the packaging, but i would prefer if it had a pump. But it's not a problem, once you get used to it.

on 7/8/2017 7:46:00 PM

This is my holy frail foundation. I tried so many that I had this one in my Sephora cart months before trying it. I didn't want to waste anymore money.
Surprisingly, my skin is quite dry but this works amazing for it. I do not have to wear any setting powder and it doesn't crease under my eyes. Most days I don't use any concealer. It truly lasts all day, too. I have put this on and left the house at 7am and not washed it off until close to 10pm (although I try not to ever have makeup on that long) and it looked the same as when I had first applied it.
It does not clog my pores or irritate my skin at all, so I am able to wear this everyday if I feel like it. A lot of foundations always break me out and I need to give my skin a break from using them. Not this one! Also the color match is spot on. I am the lightest shade but it doesn't leave me feeling like a ghost.
Lastly, this is my first foundation that I've finished an entire bottle of. Already repurchased.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this foundation! I apply only one layer with a moistened beauty blender and it looks great! I prefer higher coverage with my foundations because I have dark marks and sometimes redness, and I'd say one layer of this gives good medium coverage and it's easily build-able if you need a bit more. I've never broken out from this foundation which is a big thing I always look for since I'm a very busy full-time college student who also works and I often come home so exhausted that I forget to take my makeup off until the following morning (AWFUL I know). With that said I have to add THIS STUFF LASTS!! It really is "stay-in-place" as the label says because it's not going anywhere!! I spend all day running errands, going to class, etc. and I'm always sweating like crazy but this foundation can handle it all!

I have to add something that's super important, however, and that's about how this isn't very moisturizing. I have dry skin and typically would run away from a foundation better built for oily skin types however I recently started moisturizing with vegetable glycerin (HIGHLY RECOMMEND FOR ANYONE WITH DRY SKIN, it's natural, it's cheap, only has one ingredient, and the tiniest dot keeps your face soft and buttery for ages. Also, definitely an awesome addition to your night routine) so this is no longer an issue for me.

This product really doesn't live up to the hype. Its extremely cake, settles in my pores and lines on my face even after using a primer. the coverage is good, but the packaging is a big downside. the lack of a pump means that I always pour out way more than needed and waste a lot. definitely will not buy again.

on 4/23/2017 5:41:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

best foundation ever.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Rating: 4.25!
Update 8-4-17: I have switched to the shade 5N1 Rich Ginger which is a bit less orange on me!
I LOVE this foundation, I have combo/dry skin and as long as I moisturize well I can wear this foundation WITH NO PRIMER!! (Which is a blessing because I have yet to find one that works for me) I definitely powder and spray with setting spray after application and my oils don't break out on my forehead/nose until around the 7-8 hour mark. It lasts up to 10+ hours on me with it STILL looking bomb!

Color range is wonderful, but I do wish my shade (5w2 Rich Caramel) was a little less orange because it's the only shade that works decently out of the 30-40 foundations I've tried before. I have to bring it down to my neck.

Pros: Color range, FULL COVERAGE, don't need a primer, lasts 10+ hours, sets quickly with NO TRANSFER, oil control, applies beautifully with Beauty Blender/sponge
Cons: Flashback looks TERRIBLE, if it's the wrong color you will KNOW it's so full coverage that you can see the difference quickly, no pump (like really???), a bit orange and slightly oxidizes?

Overall, I love this foundation it's my go-to! I recommend at least getting some samples to try.