Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 7/9/2017 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this foundation. It's my all time favorite, and my go to foundation if I want my makeup to look flawless and last all day. My skin is quite dry, but this foundation does not cling to the dry patches nor does it make my skin look patchy. This foundation last all day, and does not get oily. The foundation sets well, and feels like skin. Not sticky at all, but not drying either. Even though this foundation is "double wear" it looks pretty natural on my skin. I like the packaging, but i would prefer if it had a pump. But it's not a problem, once you get used to it.

on 7/8/2017 7:46:00 PM

This is my holy frail foundation. I tried so many that I had this one in my Sephora cart months before trying it. I didn't want to waste anymore money.
Surprisingly, my skin is quite dry but this works amazing for it. I do not have to wear any setting powder and it doesn't crease under my eyes. Most days I don't use any concealer. It truly lasts all day, too. I have put this on and left the house at 7am and not washed it off until close to 10pm (although I try not to ever have makeup on that long) and it looked the same as when I had first applied it.
It does not clog my pores or irritate my skin at all, so I am able to wear this everyday if I feel like it. A lot of foundations always break me out and I need to give my skin a break from using them. Not this one! Also the color match is spot on. I am the lightest shade but it doesn't leave me feeling like a ghost.
Lastly, this is my first foundation that I've finished an entire bottle of. Already repurchased.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Excellent matte or almost matte foundation. Wide color choice from cool light to deep dark rich.

Pro: Coverage is full. I put some on my hand and you could see the brighteners and titanium or zinc oxide which makes a reflective cover to hide skin flaws and even tone.

Easy to blend, especially if you use a foam blender.

Wears all day.

No scent, seems to work on sensitive skin.

Cons: It probably will photograph too light (there is a lot of titanium or zinc oxide that is reflective in flash.)
It doesn't have a pump.

It really is full coverage. If you want sheer, my skin-but-better, not your foundation.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

LISTEN UP! This stuff is for REAL! It is NOT for the faint-hearted! I'm sick of people whinging that it's 'very dry' 'impossible to apply' and 'cakey' because a foundation that literally stays on for like 24 hours is always going to be a tumultuous ride if you ask me. It really is a case of trading off a little bit of your comfort for flawless looking skin for a long period of time.

I swear by this for activities including: going clubbing for 6 hours, working a 16 hour shift, going for a run ..probably a triathlon although I haven't done it.

What I'm trying to convey here is that this sh*t doesn't go anywhere, you need to apply it with a WET sponge for the best application, if you use a brush it's too thick and can become cakey. Also, you can use it very sparingly if you don't need that extreme coverage that a thicker application does provide.

It could definitely do with a pump lid rather than just a screw on one.. but if that would drive the price up then I would rather battle it out without one as it's fairly pricey. (Although there are other similar options that charge a lot more IMO)

I will continue to use this product because it means I basically never have to touch up my makeup when I'm out and about, and I don't have to worry about it (ain't nobody got time for that)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this foundation! I apply only one layer with a moistened beauty blender and it looks great! I prefer higher coverage with my foundations because I have dark marks and sometimes redness, and I'd say one layer of this gives good medium coverage and it's easily build-able if you need a bit more. I've never broken out from this foundation which is a big thing I always look for since I'm a very busy full-time college student who also works and I often come home so exhausted that I forget to take my makeup off until the following morning (AWFUL I know). With that said I have to add THIS STUFF LASTS!! It really is "stay-in-place" as the label says because it's not going anywhere!! I spend all day running errands, going to class, etc. and I'm always sweating like crazy but this foundation can handle it all!

I have to add something that's super important, however, and that's about how this isn't very moisturizing. I have dry skin and typically would run away from a foundation better built for oily skin types however I recently started moisturizing with vegetable glycerin (HIGHLY RECOMMEND FOR ANYONE WITH DRY SKIN, it's natural, it's cheap, only has one ingredient, and the tiniest dot keeps your face soft and buttery for ages. Also, definitely an awesome addition to your night routine) so this is no longer an issue for me.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I gave this a 5/5, because it does what it claims. I can NOT wear this whatsoever in the winter time, when I need something like MUFE face and body or Armani Maestro Glow (the one that's mostly oil based.). However, ladies if you are looking for a foundation that will not budge on humid summer days - and nights ;) - then this is it. My skin is dry, but I use Argan Oil every single morning so it doesn't dry me out in the summer. It almost feels like a clay mask when applying but my face feels like I'm wearing nothing once it dries. I noticed how light this felt in contrast to other foundations after applying a MAC full coverage foundation the next day, where I could literally feel my makeup trying to slip off.

And the rumors are true, this foundation does make skin appear airbrushed. I use 4c but I need to buy one cool shade lighter to mix for the right shade when i'm less tan. Worth it. But again, this is a summer staple for this dry skinned gal, unfortunately, and it is so drying in the winter on my skin.

This product really doesn't live up to the hype. Its extremely cake, settles in my pores and lines on my face even after using a primer. the coverage is good, but the packaging is a big downside. the lack of a pump means that I always pour out way more than needed and waste a lot. definitely will not buy again.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This was my go to foundation for years. It's very nice, light and has good sheer coverage, with layering approaching a moderate finish. It is expensive, but has a very nice feel, look and texture. However I have found that I like Too Faced Born This Way better. If you don't want/need the moderate coverage of BTW then this is a very nice foundation. It has a nice satin finish and looks and feels very light.

on 4/23/2017 5:41:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

best foundation ever.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Rating: 4.25!
Update 8-4-17: I have switched to the shade 5N1 Rich Ginger which is a bit less orange on me!
I LOVE this foundation, I have combo/dry skin and as long as I moisturize well I can wear this foundation WITH NO PRIMER!! (Which is a blessing because I have yet to find one that works for me) I definitely powder and spray with setting spray after application and my oils don't break out on my forehead/nose until around the 7-8 hour mark. It lasts up to 10+ hours on me with it STILL looking bomb!

Color range is wonderful, but I do wish my shade (5w2 Rich Caramel) was a little less orange because it's the only shade that works decently out of the 30-40 foundations I've tried before. I have to bring it down to my neck.

Pros: Color range, FULL COVERAGE, don't need a primer, lasts 10+ hours, sets quickly with NO TRANSFER, oil control, applies beautifully with Beauty Blender/sponge
Cons: Flashback looks TERRIBLE, if it's the wrong color you will KNOW it's so full coverage that you can see the difference quickly, no pump (like really???), a bit orange and slightly oxidizes?

Overall, I love this foundation it's my go-to! I recommend at least getting some samples to try.