Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Once you find your shade in this foundation it is fabulous! I have aging combo skin and this foundation glides over pores and lines and makes your skin look flawless. I also like I don't have to use powder with this formula, the foundation is matte enough on it's own. It is more of a natural matte so if you're looking for a filtered look you would definitely need powder. I used a small amount and blended it with the Real Techniques triangular foundation brush and it looked amazing. I am so happy I finally found a foundation that doesn't age me and lasts all day!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation! It sits on the skin really well. You have to use it with a good primer otherwise I think it slides off the face and clings to any dry patches you might have. When wearing this I don't use any concealer as the foundation is already high coverage. I set the main areas with powder still. Its a full coverage foundation with good consistency.
However the only thing that lets it down is the bottle itself. It has no pump but you can get one for an additional cost.So if you are just pouring it be careful as you might pour too much and waste it. You get a pretty standard amount of product in the bottle.
I would definitely repurchase this as its one of my go to foundations.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I wanna start with the packaging. The packaging really bothers me because it would be my fault if I slipped and broke the bottle, I'm super clumsy, sorry! I still need to lighten the shade a bit and I'm in shade 1C0 Shell. The lightest shade on the Sephora website. THE LIGHTEST! If I still need to lighten the product to get it to match me perfectly then you know I'm pale. The formula is not my favourite, it might be to someone else, but for me it's just too cakey and looks patchy in certain areas and I know I'm blending it in correctly. Overall, not the worst but would not buy again.

on 4/8/2018 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

One of the best foundations I have ever come across. I have used this foundation for years now, I wear the shade 4W1 Honey Bronze. This foundation claims to be 24 hour wear, it is definitely the most long wearing foundation I have used by far. They provide a good variety of undertones. I believe there are 50 shades (UK) might be more elsewhere. Provides a semi - matte finish and it’s medium to full coverage. I have dry to normal skin so I don’t go for matte foundations this one is a nice in between. If your skin is more of the dry side and you’re thinking about purchasing but you’re worried too, don’t be. As long as you prep your skin really well underneath, it’ll work well. I typically like to use Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base & MAC strobe cream with this. I sometimes mix the strobe cream into the foundation. Only down side is... It’s a glass bottle so if you drop it on hard flooring, it’ll likely smash and for the price point (£33.50) that’s steep. Doesn’t come with a pump but you can purchase one on counter for £5.00

on 3/30/2018 8:16:00 AM

This is my go to foundation! I have been using it on and off for nearly 5 years but I always find my way back to it once I have been 'tricked' by marketing to try another but they always fall short of this gem!
I have dry sensitive skin so I have to make sure I moisturise properly before applying, I use a damp beauty blender always, I don't get on with it much applying it with a brush, its quite thick.
The only thing if you have dry skin is that I can't use it under my eyes or on top of my lids (I realise its not a concealer) but would be lovely if it could do both as the coverage is just wonderful!
Its worth every penny, just be sparing with it.

on 3/17/2018 10:17:00 PM

I always reach for this foundation when my skin needs coverage. This is not the type of foundation that looks like your skin. It's full coverage and will emphasize fine-lines. But it's very long lasting, when I wear it I knew by the end of the day, I'll look the same as I first apply it. I don't recommend wear it everyday, because it has the tendency to break out. Make sure you use a oil based cleanser to remove this foundation.

on 3/14/2018 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This had full coverage and lasted a long time on my skin, but I really didn't notice a huge difference between this and my Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless. It was also a little bit too matte for me (even more matte than the Maybelline foundation) so I would not repurchase this and would prefer to get the drugstore option.

on 1/19/2018 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am not a full coverage type of person in general but I purchased this for travelling to humid destinations.
I have been wearing this for over 12 months and it's been tried and tested in Vietnam. This foundation really holds up in the humidity & stays in place all day. I wear it to the gym as well.
A little goes a long way and if you have combination or dry skin, you must moisturise well beforehand.
The color selection is quite good as well, with a choice of pink/neutral/yellow undertones available. Not having a pump on this foundation make it a bit messy. I don't use a lot when I wear this, so I scoop a little out with a spatula, but if you are pouring it out, you need to be careful.

I just wished this product was made by a cruelty free company. Once I finish this up, I will not be repurchasing as it is not cruelty free. Other than that, it is a very good long-wearing foundation.

on 1/5/2018 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am looking for a new foundation. It’s so sad that they reformulated this. It’s just bad. No coverage and it does not last. It’s a joke compared to what it used to be.

on 1/4/2018 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hell No! This looks like a mask, no matter how one applies it (i tried many ways!) it ages my normal to dehydrated skin terribly...just terrible! It is so matte and drying. Accentuates all the stuff one would like to blur. It also feels heavy, my skin looks 100% better without it on. I would not recommend. I got matched to "bone" i am an nc15, colour was close, just a hair yellow.