Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation gives full coverage and it's very long-lasting but it's definitely not for dry skin as it is very heavy, mask-like, cakey, and it enhances flakes and dry patches. It's definitely not for everyday use as well because it's like cement on skin literally "smothering" your skin making it impossible for your skin to breathe and clear its impurities, which is very important for good healthy skin.

on 1/21/2017 2:11:00 AM

I bought this foundation with really high hopes based on reviews. Actually it has almost full coverage, but for my dry skin... meh, it makes me look cakey. But depends on how to apply, it can be tolerable, by using damp sponge and few drops of facial oil and then buffing with flat top brush.

on 1/13/2017 6:48:00 PM

i love how it blends

on 1/13/2017 1:43:00 PM

Not good for dry skin! When I apply my Mac Prolong concealer and the MAC Prep and prime highlighter on, it removed a layer of foundation! It was so frustrating. So, I decided to add extra moisturizer on my face and face primer and it still removed a layer of foundation. I had to remove all the foundation and redo it with my Born This Way foundation and it worked. So, it was definitely this foundation that was causing it. I really do believe that this foundation is very good for oily skin.

on 1/11/2017 2:55:00 PM

I have dryish/ normal skin and this foundation never makes me look dry or cakey. The coverage is medium and fairly natural I use the shade Fresco. I'm surprised people say its full coverage and for oily skin, I doubly 😂 disagree! I find it great for work, hiding thread veins and redness. Allround good foundation would repurchase for everyday use.

I had heard so much about this foundation and so many amazing reviews and decided to give it a go... However I'm not impressed. This foundation must be for more oily skin as I have quite dry skin and it doesn't work for me. It makes my skin look dry and powdery and Cakey in areas, no matter how little I put on and no matter how I apply it, it doesn't change the appearance! I was so excited to try this and I feel as if it's a complete waste of money when there's probably better drugstore foundations for dryer skin! Deffo give a go if your skin is oily tho!

I've given this cult phenomenon foundation a chance for 2 entire years. I read nothing but gushing reviews. I genuinely tried to love it. I did every trick in the book; applied it with a damp beauty blender, a brush, over a moisturizer, a primer, mixed it in with other serums, other foundations, and tried to dot it sparingly like suggested, but in every way I have tried to find a reason to love it, I just can't! What was I doing wrong? The negatives are enough reason to disown this foundation and here is why:

#1.) Accentuates my frown lines. They are not very pronounced naturally, but this emphasizes and seaps into every crack. People tend to think I look "older" in this foundation.

#2.)Sucks up every bit of moisture on the face, a factor that goes hand in hand with reason 1. At the end of a 4 hour day, face appears dry and scaly. Accentuates tiny bumps.

#3.)Extremely heavy looking. On the box this claims to give you a "natural" look, but due to the thick consistency it is anything but.

#4.)Aggravates my small acne and causes major breakouts. I believe this is due to the heaviness of the liquid and pigmentation. Basically this foundation is so thick, it gives my skin no room to breathe. It is as if I have covered my entire face with a thick itchy mask.

#5.) Difficulty removing. And this worries me very much. My most prized makeup remover can take off even the driest mascaras. When I thought I had thoroughly cleansed my face from the E.L.D.W, my face still felt unclean. I had wiped again and there was still residue. So I cleansed it, and wiped again. And then? Still residue! I wasted a lot of makeup remover by triple cleansing. And even then I was not rest-assured that it was completely gone. Going to sleep with foundation still on your face is a terrible thing. It speeds up the aging process and clogs your pores.

Also, I want to mention I have combination skin. In the summer, my face becomes an oily mess. But even then, reasons 1-4 are still very prevalent. However, the only pro I will say is that due to its heavy pigmentation, it is great at covering scars and discoloration.

So in truth, I was every shocked at how much I did not like the Estee Lauder double wear. To sum everything up; it makes you look older, accentuates any fine lines, appears mask-like, rids you of any moisture, so hard to remove even with a thorough cleansing, and something about Estee Lauder's ingredients that causes a breakout like never before. Not worth the price at all. Possibly the worst foundation I have ever tried.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I read the reviews. Decided to try it for myself. No regrets! I've never had a foundation color match me as well as double wear. The shade range is amazing. The winning factor for this foundation, for me, is that it does not transfer. I have extremely bad allergies all year round and I'm constantly blowing my nose. The foundation does NOT come off. This is the first foundation I've ever tried that didn't. I fell in love. I dropped my $40 but in my opinion it's worth it. Try a sample before you buy to make sure it works for you!

on 10/22/2016 1:26:00 PM

Firstly I should state I have extremely Dry skin. I am also the wrong side of 30. These two things combined means that this foundation hates my skin!

It is soooo drying. It clung to patches regardless of how moisturised my skin was beforehand. I use good moisturisers and primers as I believe a foundation is only as good as the base you are putting it on.

It sunk into fine lines and emphasised them. I looked a lot better before I put it on!

The staying power is good. It stayed like that all day (mores the pitty)

This would be a good foundation for a more youthful skin that possibly verges on oily.

However if like me you are beginning the downward spiral of getting older and have a more dryer skin type you need to avoid this foundation!

on 10/21/2016 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have bought this product before many times a few years ago and loved it so I am putting it down to buying it in a different country (or they have changed the formula) but it is so drying and sticks to any problem areas. It's very thick consistency which is obviously best for scarring and blemishes but actual active acne, stay away from it. It makes every little dry patch and lump and bump stick out. Was really hoping for something amazing, unfortunately not.