Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry age: 19-24
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Methicone, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Alumina, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

If I could give it 0 I would. It was applied by the woman in the store when I wanted to try it out and it looked awful on my skin (extremely dry and sensitive). My whole face looked incredibly dry and red due to the other products she used. I tried applying it myself via a sample to see if it was any better - no luck. I was very disappointed as I'd heard amazing things and have a friend with dry skin and it looks good on her. I'd say AVOID if you have very dry skin! I can see how it would be good for oily skin though but I'm glad I didn't buy it.

on 10/29/2016 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have quite dry and sensitive skin. I usually go for a lighter foundation but a small amount of double wear works really well for me. You can also build on your coverage, my go to on nights out. This foundation really does last all day. When being colour matched in Myer, I was impressed with the huge colour range available. The bottle in a little annoying to use, especially when low but it's packaging is quite nice. I paid $50, which I think is well priced for such a lovely foundation.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've used this foundation for 6 years,they change the formulation from when I just started it and now I feel like the coverage isnt as good as it used to be.. With that being said its still a medium to full coverage. The biggest problem that I have at this foundation is always have to mix in elixirs to make the foundation actually match me which sucks especially when you're in a hurry. The where time is very nice I get about nine hours going non stop while using it. I absolutely love the smell it just reminds me of years past . My only complaint is this foundation doesn't have a pump however you can buy a Mac pump and it will work perfect. I use shade cool bone

on 3/8/2016 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My HOLY GRAIL foundation!
I have dry , acne prone redness skin.
This foundation a little goes a long way . Covers up every thing with just one layer, even with two layers it dose NOT CAKE UP ! It looks flawless! I am in my 5 th bottle no way I'm replacing

Pros :
Many colors to choose from
Full coverage
Dose not cake up
Matte finish

Cons :
Touch up every now and there if you get oily

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Let's talk about the pros of this foundation. It has a matte/demi-matte finish, very good coverage and an incredible staying power! So why am I rating this two lippies? Well, it clings to dry patches, highlights EVERY. SINGLE. HAIR. you have on your face and is extremely hard to remove. You'll have yo use an oil based makeup remover AND double cleanse to remove every trace of the foundation. It also broke me out; the mornings after using this I would wake up with those deep, painful cyst that would last for weeks. And do we want to talk about the packaging? Yes, it is beautiful and luxurious, but not practical at all! It's heavy, made of glass (so if you drop it it will break and make a big mess) and DOESN'T COME WITH A PUMP! I mean, no pump?? Come on!

on 2/8/2016 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Let me start off by saying I'm on my 3rd bottle of this foundation. It is my HOLY GRAIL foundation! I have dry to very dry acne prone skin and it is very hard to find a good foundation that doesn't patch up or dosent have a full coverage I've tried plenty of foundations from high end to drugstore. None will ever replace this !

It is full coverage with one layer, I don't need a setting powder the Finnish is a beautiful matte .

Pros : many color options, medium to full coverage, dose not require setting powder, a little goes a long way , dose not break me out , A BOTTLE FOR LASTS ME ABOUT 8months

Con : no pump

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I've bought this for the first time a few weeks ago and have been giving it a good test. I always like to keep a light coverage & a fuller coverage foundation in my bag, as I chop and change on a daily basis.
Anyway, having read lots of different reviews on Double Wear, I kinda held back on it a long time since its pretty pricey, its not the biggest bottle in the world and sad as it may seem it felt a little 'risky' for me in case I didn't like it. However, I bit the bullet and I'm fairly satisfied that I did!
I have this in the shade 1W1 Bone, and I assumed the 'w' stood for warm; can't be a thousand per cent sure though because I went on a Sunday and there was no Estee Lauder lady to help me pick my colour would you believe. None of the other available counter ladies wished to help me either (one of my peeves at makeup shopping) so I just had to make it up as I went along. I wanted the 'Shell' shade, but it seemed they were all out, so I went with the next best thing.
Its very yellow based, so that's where I get the idea that its warm, and truth be told it is slightly too warm for me, I have quite a neutral undertone to my skin but it kinda leans a little more neutral cool if that makes any sense at all (probably not), either way its always a struggle.
However, the warmth has not really impacted me too much, it doesn't look orange, it blends in beautifully and the best bit is that you only need the smallest amount because it goes a really long way. I'd say it starts out at medium coverage and depending on how much you apply you can get it all the way to full coverage if that's your jam.
I love the way it makes my skin look radiant and soft especially if you pair it with a brightening primer, plus even though it is full coverage you don't get that cake face feeling.
This also appears to be pretty much smudge & sweat proof too when you set your t-zone with a little bit of powder. The end of my nose is usually the only place I tend to get problems with my foundation rubbing off, but with this on it stays all day.
I feel the only reason I can't give this full marks is because first off, the fact that his comes with no pump gets on my nerves something chronic. I don't see why this huge companies can't just put a little plastic pump on and have done. Its far more hygienic, plus you can gauge the amount you want better. Without the pump there is always the risk you're gunna dump a huge dollop on the back of your hand and it will just be a hot mess.
The second reason is that if feel that this foundation is definitely forumlated for those who are more oily, because this definitely makes my small patches of redness on my face worse. I'm dry so these things sadly happen. But, it doesn't take too much to correct, as long as you slap on plenty of moisturiser before and after then it does help. I'm not wearing this every day so it doesn't effect me too bad.
Overall, this is quickly becoming a must have for my make up bag. I think if you are in the market for a decent full coverage foundation that this is most definitely not a bad way to go. Would recommend and repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My mum used to use this when I was little, and when I wore makeup for the first time I used this foundation and I loved it. I was eager to try it again, but saw many reviews saying that the formula had changed and it is not as good as it used to be, so I became hesitant to spend $50. Moreover, I have very very dry skin and even the Estee Lauder lady warned me about how thick and dry it was. However, I bought it anyway, and I do not regret it at all. I have uneven skin tone as a result of a childhood of neglecting to use sunscreen, and it covers it up beautifully. I do have to moisturise a lot, and if I use too much it does get flakey but I just had to master the application and now it is my go to product for special occasions. I also hate the bottle it comes in but I can look over it.

on 4/1/2014 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best foundation I have ever used!!! It literally stays put all day, normally I would have to powder and touch up my make up in the afternoon but I look in the mirror at lunch time now and it's like I've just applied my make up! You have to leave it to set before you apply more, add bronze, blush etc. I've got really dry skin so I always puts a generous amount of moisturiser on and it goes on perfectly! I did also find that this foundation doesn't go on very well with a brush so I use a damp beauty blender. It's very pricey but so worth it, the only thing I hate is that it doesn't have a pump!! Other than that it's perfect!

on 3/23/2013 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love this foundation! When I was on Accutane and topical Retin-A it covered ALL my acne scars and imperfections perfectly without ever causing an additional breakout. Because a little goes such a long way I have only just finished my first bottle which I had for 1.5 years. The reasons I don't give this foundation 5 stars are as follows: 1. If you have SEVERELY dry skin and I do mean severe (were talking peeling, itchy, red) it can highlight fine lines and wrinkles if you aren't properly moisturized and 2. The negative "new formula" reviews worry me just a bit, but honestly I love this so much I wouldn't hesitate from repurchasing! This foundation is one of the only ones on the market that I believe caters to acne prone, sensitive, oily, combination, and dry skins and actually works the same for each of them! If you fall under any of those categories and are looking for a nontransferable, full coverage foundation that is non-acnegenic and hypoallergenic and that has a fabulously extensive color range then this is for you!