Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.2

on 5/25/2018 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I’m yet to find any foundation that performs anywhere near as well as this.

I have oily skin that gets dehydrated and I can get dry patches if I dont keep it hydrated. I have a lot of blemishes in the form of scarring and redness, mostly around my jaw and chin.

While this is a full coverage foundation, I find it does not cling to dry patches and does not feel heavy on the skin.

This foundation lasts incredibly well, and only starts to break down on my oily T-Zone after 12+ hours of wear.

Will keep repurchasing this forever probably.

The formula for this foundation is my all time favorite. I have oily/acne-prone/sensitive skin and I wore this for a long hole day and it made my skin look incredible. I love the coverage and how flawless it makes my skin look. However, I am not a fan of the packaging and wish it already came with a pump. I am also not a fan of the palette ice but since it is my favorite foundation it is worth it to me.

on 5/20/2016 9:13:00 AM

I have been using this foundation on and off again since high school. My skin used to be very dry, but is now combination skin. When it was dry, it looked absolutely perfect and the foundation really lasted! but now that I am older and my skin has a tendency to be oily now and again, the foundation becomes patchy only after a few hours and looks like it is cracking on my face. Don't get me wrong, when I first put it on it looks LOVELY! it looks flawless for 1-2 hours, but after that...nope. I wasn't a big fan of how quickly I have to blend it in either- and how if I ever tried to retouch, it would look ridiculous. So I have very mixed feelings on this one. Has perfect coverage and comes in a nice package, but really doesn't have much staying power.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I switched to this makeup from the Lancôme 24hour wear makeup because they didn't have my color match. I use cool bone because I have pink undertones and this is the best match I've ever had to my skin. I have been wearing this stuff in 90 degree humid weather and this lasts about 8 hours on my face before it starts to separate on my skin. I found the best method of applying this foundation is to first sort of rub it in with your fingers one section at a time then use the beauty blender. I set this foundation with urban decays oil control finishing spray this stuff is just wonderful and does not cause breakouts.

UPDATE: This makeup broke me out like NO other this is not for people with acne prone skin. This doesn't come off when you wash your face I have to use a makeup remover wipe as well with lots of residue. I have since switched back to Clinique stay matte and becca ultimate coverage for when I have a night out on the town.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Love love love ! It does dry fast so work fast ! The only thing I would say about this product is that once it completely dries and you try applying concealer / highlighter it will somehow come off on the areas where you apply the concealer . Long lasting and full coverage 💖

on 4/30/2015 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I just can't find a foundation better then this one. I have been sampling sooo many brands lately and nothing else compares.
I have super dry skin and am obsessed with long lasting foundation. This can be hard to find for dry skin at times, especially the full-coverage and long-lasting elements.

I noticed a lot of reviews say stay away from this of you have dry skin but if you can find the right skin care products (I use Lush's Angels on bare skin followed by either British Nanny or Imperials moisturiser) with a tiny amount of primer and this works fantastically for me. My favourite method of application is the Beauty Blender purely for the airbrushed finish but a stipple brush works well too (and uses less product). I set it with MAC's translucent powder and since using Lush moisturisers I have been dry-skin-free throughout the day.

I think the price is great for what you get, mine usually lasts about 10 or so months (or more)! Only con imo is there is no pump. Makeup brands - WHY U NO MAKE PUMPS?

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is an excellent product. I will not stray from this again. Revlon colorstay is not an exact duplicate as the DW has a matte finish and has more coverage. The DW spreads like a dream and it covers most of my Hyperpigmentation from battling acne. It can't completely cover the angry red bumps but the estee lauder maximum cover foundation can do that. I've tried so many different products and all become patchy, cause my pimples to show through. With the DW, I know that my makeup stays in place even through the sweltering heat or a dry air conditioned area. I know that my makeup doesnt sit well on top of sunscreens or moisturisers so I usually just wash my face in the morning with water or wipe it with rosewater and let my natural oils do the work. I will never stray away from the double wear and maximum cover combination again because they make me feel confident.

on 6/24/2014 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Out of all the foundations I've tried, this one is by far the best. It looks great with a very thin layer and still looks great when built up for complete coverage. Does not look cakes AT ALL. It matches like nothing else I've ever tried. The lasting power is fantastic even through a sweaty workout at the gym, definitely a summer foundation! I couldn't be happier. Only reason I gave it a 4 was because I feel as though there is so little in the bottle considering the price. Hopefully it lasts! I'll definitely be buying again!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After trying hundreds of different foundations (hundreds might be an exaggeration but I've tried a lot!) this is the only foundation that I have absolutely no complaints about!

My colour is cool bone 66 and suits my skin perfectly. I apply with a MAC stippling brush and love how easy it is to blend. It covers all of my blemishes from small acne scarring and marks around my chin to pimples and dark circles under my eyes. It is easily to build on so you can wear it light coverage or heavier. After setting with an Australis powder and NYX setting spray i don't need to touch up my makeup for about 6-7 hours. I have been wearing this foundation nearly every day for about a year so have gone through 3-4 bottles but if you don't wear foundation every day their 30ml bottle will last you much longer.
This foundation does exactly everything it claims it does:
15-hour staying power: tick!
Flawless all day: tick!
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity, nonstop activity: tick!
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes: tick!
Feels lightweight and comfortable: tick!

I don't think ill bother purchasing any other foundation from now on because this is the only one my skin agrees with 100%. Im a uni student so have had to cut down on some luxuries but this won't be one of them, It is a bit more expensive ($50 for 30ml) but is worth every cent when it works as well as it does.

I tried this foundation out when it was Recommended by a man at sephora (Steven Reynoso) its eh...ok its medium coverage and DEFINATLY covers all my redness it looks FLAWLESS when first applied but its obvious that you are wearing makeup....4 hours after i apply the foundation on my foreheads flakes off (i have a dry forehead with some pimples) so i am not going to buy this again :(