Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Other
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 3/28/2017 9:03:00 AM

The best Iv ever had. Really covers all redness but not too heavy. Stays all day. Not oily.

I have tried a lot of foundations and this is the best one I've tried so far. I have oily skin and this is the only foundation that stays on all day. I do need to retouch after 8 hours or so. Still the best though

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best product for oily skin
Lasts all day especially if i use it with a good base product.
Smooth aplication but beware because it dries really fast.
Best colour shades ever
You shoud try it if you suffer from oily skin

Skin: Other, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I reviewed this a few years ago and stopped using it since as the need for full coverage did not arise. Recently i have been battling post pregnancy acne and blackheads eek. I have had cauterize treatments done to remove this deep rooted blackheads which in turn leaves black spots, i look dreadful i was so depressed. My derm recommended this foundation and since i had already tried it i was pretty keen. The SA was very helpful and showed me how to apply it perfectly with a brush and sponge to blend out. OMG amazing!!!!!! you cant see traces of the black spots! it lasts all day and barely any transfer. I cant express how this has improved my mood im happy because my face looks presentable. The price is very high but i dont mind paying for such a phenomenal product. I had to use the DW concealer on the dark marks and its a tad too dark i wish they had more colours..i put a little foundation over concealer and bam perfect face hehe. The concealer is amazing as well does not rub off or look cakey. The trick to this foundation is a very light had and work quickly!

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Bought this in tawny last week it was great until the foundation would not stick to my nose! Primer,moisturiser nothing would get this to stick I actually was rather baffled as I never had this issue before. I think it may be the powdery Base of the foundation but on other parts of my face the foundation looked flawless. I may try a sponge and see how we go. The bottle is a bit tricky if your heavy handed like me as you will pour half the bottle if your not careful as there is no pump do be mindful. The price is standard but caking and sticking to my nose upon application? That's a no go!

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I love this foundation . It's a buildable and full coverage foundation. [I have combo to oily skin ] It never dry out my skin and my skin looks prefect/fine throughout the day. It doesn't give me break out as well. The only downside of its - there's no bump and it got messy at the end of the day.

on 5/23/2016 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The first time I tried this foundation I applied it with a foundation brush and HATED it, it looked so cakey and it was so hard to blend in, but after a couple days I tried it out again but with a real techniques sponge and it looked 100% better, if you want this foundation to look good, you have to apply it with a sponge.
It isn't as full coverage as I expected it to be, if I want it to cover all of my blemishes and acne scars I have to apply at least two layers, and to be honest for a "stay in place" foundation it does not stay very well at all. No matter what I do after 2 hours in this foundation the oil in my t-zone will start to show through and if I don't blot it away it continues to get worse and worse.
I was really disappointed in this foundation because I had heard so many good things about it! For the price I expected it to be a much better product :(

on 5/20/2016 9:13:00 AM

I have been using this foundation on and off again since high school. My skin used to be very dry, but is now combination skin. When it was dry, it looked absolutely perfect and the foundation really lasted! but now that I am older and my skin has a tendency to be oily now and again, the foundation becomes patchy only after a few hours and looks like it is cracking on my face. Don't get me wrong, when I first put it on it looks LOVELY! it looks flawless for 1-2 hours, but after that...nope. I wasn't a big fan of how quickly I have to blend it in either- and how if I ever tried to retouch, it would look ridiculous. So I have very mixed feelings on this one. Has perfect coverage and comes in a nice package, but really doesn't have much staying power.

on 4/14/2016 11:50:00 PM

One of the gold standers! I see reviews of people saying this gave them "cake face".... use less! This product can be light-full coverage depending on how you use it, and what you use to apply it. It has a very natural matte finish and can look very very natural and skin like! Also lasts all day Love it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The holy grail of foundations. I want to look like I'm wearing makeup, but not feel like I'm wearing it. Not heavy at all for a foundation that stay put all day. A little pricy at $40 a bottle, but it lasts a long time, considering that I wear it every day.