Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Other
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

on 5/25/2018 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I’m yet to find any foundation that performs anywhere near as well as this.

I have oily skin that gets dehydrated and I can get dry patches if I dont keep it hydrated. I have a lot of blemishes in the form of scarring and redness, mostly around my jaw and chin.

While this is a full coverage foundation, I find it does not cling to dry patches and does not feel heavy on the skin.

This foundation lasts incredibly well, and only starts to break down on my oily T-Zone after 12+ hours of wear.

Will keep repurchasing this forever probably.

I wanted to love this. It really does last all day and does not feel heavy on your face. The color range is ok i am about NC 35 and had to go with Tawny. There is a scent to this product and it applies well with either BB or brush. But it is just not workable if you have any dryness. It is almost too matte and sets very quickly so you can't really blend it well. It also imho does not seem to build well on top, it looks very obvious. I even tried mixing in different things to make the texture better (primer/moisturizer/oil) but then the foundation almost separated and would not apply well, like it would lift. I am in Canada and think the ELDW sold here and outside of the US is a different formulation maybe because reading other reviews it seems to be a common issue for people outside the US. It is $48 CDN and does not come with a pump (WTF EL.)

on 3/17/2018 4:58:00 AM

After using it double cleaning must be done.. and during the day it gets a bit yellowish.. but it is the best foundation i have ever used and i think using my fifth bootle

on 2/22/2018 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just watch another demo of this foundation, so I pulled it out of the box and retried it with Tarte primer. I do not like this!! this is the cakey, settles is pores and wrinkles and dries to a weird finish that looks dry, powdery and more cakey. I have tried this multiple times with numerous primers and numerous application techniques and the results are always the same. Very unflattering to mature skin. Reminds me of house paint. I had to take it off and start over, which is time consuming. This time I put it in the trash so I will not be tempted to try to make this work. 5 times is enough

on 12/20/2017 7:10:00 PM

This is my HG foundation. Amazing!! It doesn’t oxidize on me, doesn’t cake, and lasts forever!!! The ONLY thing I hate is that it doesn’t have a pump. It’s messy, and I feel like I waste a lot of product.

on 12/16/2017 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Always avoided the foundation because it didn't cater to my skin tone. I recently realized they have expanded their line and went for a bottle.

I have had such bad luck with foundations lately. Nothing has been sticking past 2 hours. I only wore tinted moisturizer.

This works. I don't even have to set my foundation and it stays all day. Not the most beautiful finish from the get go but it melts into my skin within an hour and it looks great.

on 10/30/2017 8:32:00 PM

I wish there were more color ranges for darker warm toned people. Rich caramel is way too orange and rich ginger is too light.

The formula for this foundation is my all time favorite. I have oily/acne-prone/sensitive skin and I wore this for a long hole day and it made my skin look incredible. I love the coverage and how flawless it makes my skin look. However, I am not a fan of the packaging and wish it already came with a pump. I am also not a fan of the palette ice but since it is my favorite foundation it is worth it to me.

I decided to buy this high-end product thinking that it was going to be of good quality and safe for sensitive skin. I was wrong. This product broke me out so badly. :-( I'm gonna switch back to MAC for now until I discover my holy grail foundation.

on 6/12/2017 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation!! This is one of my HG all time favorite foundations! I always come back to this one after experimenting with other foundations.

Pros:
Oil free
Long wearing
Sweat proof (it stayed on after an intense work out)
Mattifying
Full coverage

Cons:
Can look a bit cakey