Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 19-24
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Liquid Makeup

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Methicone, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Alumina, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)

on 1/19/2019 11:28:00 PM

This product does exactly what it is advertised to do, it wears beautifully all day long, provides full coverage, and keeps your skin looking matte. I’ve used it for 6 months and loved the texture and how it made my overall skin look. HOWEVER, I have sensitive acne prone skin, I found that none of my cleansers (Philosophy, Clinique, Dermalogica) would completely remove it even with double washing. You pretty much have to scrub it off and my sensitive skin cannot exfoliate that much. This led to more breakouts over time with blackheads, little bumps everywhere, and some cystic acne. On a whim I switched to a drug store makeup made for sensitive skin and I cleared up completely. This product is great as far as durability goes, and looks stunning on even for oily skin people, but it’s long lasting properties were just too strong for what my skin needs.

Good buildable coverage. Definitely great for covering acne or blemishes. Very heavy on the skin though and a bit expensive.

on 1/9/2019 8:58:00 PM

Holy grail foundation! I love the consistency/coverage and shade range! I am very pale, so shell works well for me. Also does not melt and lasts a full day of wearing!

on 12/28/2018 3:38:00 PM

I finally tried this foundation after hearing about how great it is for years. Of course I apparently chose the wrong time - they changed the formula! I use CosDna as an ingredient lookup for anything and everything that goes on my face. It's how I check if something will break me out or not (and it's always been right!), so I accidentally looked at their old formula when checking it out, which has a clean record! I picked some up yesterday, looked at some reviews on here last night, and saw that it has a bunch of "bad breakout" ratings recently, so I decided to revisit the ingredients, and there we go, they changed the formula. Too bad, I really like it. I'm wearing it today and I do already have some small bumps on my face....wow. If your skin isn't sensitive then it's a semi-matte, full coverage foundation that has held up around 9 hours and counting without fading or getting oily, though my nose feels a bit dry.

I've re-purchased Double Wear 3 times now and I do still love it! I wear this mostly as a weekend/going on a night out foundation. I have combination to oily skin. The coverage for me is full coverage, however I still use powder around my T-zone. I got colour matched in store, and it is the perfect match for me. I am fairly light, I am in the shade Ecru. The downsides, it doesn't have a pump and it does dry fast, so blend fast! But would definitely recommend.

on 10/28/2018 3:21:00 PM

I LOVED this foundation when I first bought it. It smoothed out my skin like nothing else. It hid my acne and was full coverage but also didn't look cakey. My favourite part was that it stayed on all day. I'm a student, so I don't have much money to spend on makeup. I thought this was my HG foundation, but after a while I noticed that it made my skin look so dry. It would be perfect once applied, but then throughout the day it would sink into my skin (even when using primer) and make my skin look awful. I'm 24, but I had lines all over my face like I had never seen before. I looked like I was about 70. After 6 hours I would look super unhealthy and like my skin was very dry, when it actually isn't. I tried using different moisturisers, primers, etc underneath but unfortunately nothing worked. I stopped using it and will not be rebuying. Perhaps it may work well for people in warm climates, but it didn't work well for me in the UK. I have also spoken to friends who have experienced a similar issue... strangely, we all found that it was great in the beginning and drying/creasing problem developed later

My Shade: 1N2 Ecru
Other shades that work for me: TF BTW Porcelain, Nars Deauville, MAC C1.

Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup definitely lives up to the hype. It is a full coverage foundation with a matte finish which lasts all day on the skin - even through heat, humidity and sweat. This is what I put on when I know I am having a long day and will be wearing makeup for around 12 hours. I like the look of this best when applied with a damp sponge, it maintains its full coverage look whilst not being heavy and looks more radiant than when applied with a brush. This makes my skin look perfect - but still look like my own skin. It doesn't ever look cakey or heavy. It doesn't cling to dry areas or textured areas. This product is amazing, and I highly recommend it. The only downside is that you need to buy the pump separately - and it is quite expensive at $10AUD. Happily you only need to buy one pump and can put it into new bottles of foundation but it is very pricey for a pump! The foundation itself is quite well-priced at $58AUD. It's not as expensive as other equivalent products such as Nars for example. This product is so good - everyone needs this!

on 9/8/2018 11:09:00 AM

HG FOUNDATION!! It definitely needs a pump and the shade range needs to expand, but I love this so much, it's the best foundation I've ever tried. Get it, it's worth the hype!

on 7/20/2018 5:02:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is heavy as frick but it's great if you've got a pizza face like mine. It really does not move. I'll always fall back on this when my face is a disaster, as it usually is

on 5/25/2018 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I’m yet to find any foundation that performs anywhere near as well as this.

I have oily skin that gets dehydrated and I can get dry patches if I dont keep it hydrated. I have a lot of blemishes in the form of scarring and redness, mostly around my jaw and chin.

While this is a full coverage foundation, I find it does not cling to dry patches and does not feel heavy on the skin.

This foundation lasts incredibly well, and only starts to break down on my oily T-Zone after 12+ hours of wear.

Will keep repurchasing this forever probably.