Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

3.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is fantastic. Makes my skin look flawless and without that horrible mask like look. Plus it lasts. This is my favorite "going out" foundation.

You do have to exfoliate well and moisturize before applying, that's for sure.

One problem is that I wish it came with a pump.

PALE GIRLS REJOICE!!! Lets just take a moment to hail Estee Lauder for finally bringing back the shade 1C0 Shell. This has been a long time coming and I'm so ecstatic as I write this review hugging my brand new bottle of Double Wear in this highly coveted pale shade that was shamefully discontinued many years ago. The discontinuation of this particular shade sent a lot of fair skinned women in distress because they no longer had a shade match in their beloved Estee Lauder Double Wear - it also meant doing crazy stuff like considering buying a bottle on Ebay for an extortionate price or trying to hunt it down whilst on vacation in Europe. They sell different shades of Double Wear in different countries its actually rather interesting if you are a ELDW obsessee. Other new shades have also been released and are now available on the official Estee Lauder website, Sephora etc. We already know how amazing this foundation is so I just wanted to come here to spread the word about the new shades. There's a gazillion reviews on how great this stuff is so I'll cut my rambling short here.

For anyone who is interested the new shades are 1C0 Shell, 2N2 Buff, 3W1.5 Fawn and 5W1.5 Cinnamon.

on 1/31/2018 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my all time favorite foundations. It covers everything and stays on all day. The only problems I have with it is that it can get a bit cakey if you put on a little bit too much, and the packaging is annoying, as it's really difficult to get the foundation out without spilling.
I have slightly oily skin, and it works wonders for me, so I'd definitely recommend it for my fellow oily skin people!

I was so sceptical of Double Wear, but holy heck am I hooked now! I
Pros:
Elegant packaging. I feel like a fancy b***h every time I pull it out of my makeup drawer (every single day, it's just so good)
The liquid formula isn't too thick. I prefer to roughly spread it over my skin before blending with my RT sponge, and I really enjoy the thinner consistency of this.
The coverage. I believe it's a a medium-full coverage foundation, but I typically apply enough for a medium coverage. It can easily be built to full coverage though. I think it looks pretty and skinlike, natural matte.
Sits well with my Tarte Shape Tape concealer (I use that for my eye area)
Has great lasting power. It doesn't seperate or slide off of my oily skin, and I can usually get 5-6 hours of wear before I want to blot. However, if I sweat for hours (as I do working with no air con this summer) I find it does tend to seperate.

Cons:
It's hella expensive! $69NZD and it's the most I've ever spent on a foundation.
NO PUMP. Sometimes it's just too easy to use too much of this liquid gold because it's so easy to pour onto your waiting hand (or brush, sponge, or even the bathroom counter, oops)

I'm now onto my second bottle (1C1 Cool Bone) and I have every intention to repurchase when I run out.

*Warning* If you live in Australia Estee Lauder have reformulated the iconic foundation and added SPF 10. I had been wearing this foundation for five years and it was the only thing I could put on my skin that would never break me out and lasted for 12 hours. I recently repurchased without knowing about the reformulation and the formula/consistency/feeling and longevity were completely different. When I put it on I thought they must've made a bad batch and I bought an unlucky bottle. I went about doing my face as normal. The coverage has been halved, product separates and disappears if any cream products are layered on top (concealer blush etc). Does not stick to certain areas of the face, will not layer, cakes and feels disgusting on the skin, before you could not feel it, and now it feels hot and heavy.
The worst part, after six hours of wear I come home and I have clogged pores all over my face. It managed to break me out in six hours! (my skin is really allergic to chemical spf, so all spf in foundation)
I'm devastated, I wish they bought out an spf version whilst keeping the orginal. It would've made much more sense considering how many people are allergic to chemical sunscreen

good coverage, good oil control, AMAZING lasting power. for the first time ever I can be confident that my foundation has not run by the 6 hour mark. im just kicking myself for not getting this earlier. for reference, I am pale warm toned and 1W1 is a good match. I mix it with a bit of 1N1 on days when I want a 'pinker' look.

on 1/19/2018 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am not a full coverage type of person in general but I purchased this for travelling to humid destinations.
I have been wearing this for over 12 months and it's been tried and tested in Vietnam. This foundation really holds up in the humidity & stays in place all day. I wear it to the gym as well.
A little goes a long way and if you have combination or dry skin, you must moisturise well beforehand.
The color selection is quite good as well, with a choice of pink/neutral/yellow undertones available. Not having a pump on this foundation make it a bit messy. I don't use a lot when I wear this, so I scoop a little out with a spatula, but if you are pouring it out, you need to be careful.

I just wished this product was made by a cruelty free company. Once I finish this up, I will not be repurchasing as it is not cruelty free. Other than that, it is a very good long-wearing foundation.

For the price of this stuff I wasn't impressed at all..Color was too light for me (i tried the 2C3 and am fair skinned) but that was more of my problem..dissapointed

on 1/6/2018 12:48:00 AM

Hi All,

I am reviewing estee lauder stay in place make up shade Ivory rose. When i bought this at the store it kind of suited my skin color but after coming back from there i tried it at home it looked too bright/light. It doesn't really look natural. I called the store and told them about it but they are not ready to exchange it because I have opened the bottle. I have no clue what to do with it. I found this forum i am hoping that it will be of some help to me. I have the bill too with the cover it is still brand new.Please anyone interested to buy this shade i can give it for a much lesser price. Please let me know.
Email me at Nausheen1113@gmail.com

Thanks

I love this foundation!! I have oily, acne prone skin. I have tried all kinds of drug store brands. I have even tried the dupe for this foundation(revlon color stay). None really worked with my skin type. A friend told me about this one. I was skeptical. I have always been bargain buyer. On a whim, I bought this and tried it. I'm so glad I did. It doesn't break me out. It is kinda thick going on, but it has great coverage as it covers my acne scares. It is very mattifying. I love that, But if thats not the look you are going for, then you aren't going to like it. I only have to blot and powder one time during my 10 hour work day(usually after i eat lunch). I have gotten lots of compliments on my make up since i switched to this. This has become my holy grail foundation. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that it doesn't have a pump.