Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

3.9

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 2/13/2017 7:44:00 AM

Definitely a must buy. Recently bought this for the first time, haven't even had it a week and I love it so much. Amazing product for people like me who have combination skin, doesn't dry the face out but also isn't too oily, feels very light on the face and is medium to full coverage depending on how much you build it up. The coverage is really good. I think this would be a great foundation for those who have mild/moderate acne as it doesn't have any ingredients that clog the pores. The foundation stays on all day and needs very minimal top up if ever needed. Makes the face look like an airbrush finish and applies really well with a sponge / beauty blender but a brush works miracles too. It also goes perfectly with the double wear concealer!!!! Happy customer and will definitely be buying this again when I run out!

P.s make sure to actually go in to the shop and get the right colour by asking for a colour match rather than just guessing online as there may be a few shades that match your skin tone and they can apply them all on your skin so you can pick your favourite shade.

on 2/10/2017 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

mmm well i have oily skin with some spots jut just a few....This product gives you a full coverage ,it has a good duration and you will look just a bit white in photos cause SPF...The big DISADVANTAGE it is that clog your pores and skin cannot breath ...i have to do antiacne therapy after this foundation...Not for everyday!!!Warning girls!!!

I was super excited to try this foundation after all the awesome reviews. My first impression was the smell. It literally smells like paint, and it claims the foundation is unscented. I also felt like the foundation was extremely difficult to work with, it seems to dry very fast before you have time to blend it in. It also seems to be very heavy and cakey if you dot it on, you need to either apply with a brush or a sponge NOT with your fingers or directly on your face. The coverage I got wasn't worth the effort of applying this makeup. I felt pretty good leaving the house after I finally figured out how to apply it, but then while I was in the restroom at the restaurant in different lighting, it seemed to be really heavy and cakey on my skin, accentuating every single line or dry patch. I think this would be a good foundation for someone with really oily smooth skin or a few blemishes, but not for someone with combo skin and dry patches, large pores or any texture issues. It definitely accentuates them, but I guess that could be said for any full coverage foundation. I guess my skin just likes BB creams better. ALSO, PLEASE give this foundation a pump!! Dumping it out all over your hand just wastes product and is not hygenic.

on 1/22/2017 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This is hands down the best foundation I've ever used. I constantly try out new foundations, hoping I'll find one that's better, but every time I do I always think to myself "why do I even bother... ELDW is the supreme just don't even try anymore".

I'm one of those people that just doesn't even understand the concept behind a foundation that only lasts a few hours until it starts falling apart. I refuse to spend like $40 on something that will only look good for 2 hours... like I have things to do that take longer than 2 hours and I'm gonna need to not look a mess while I'm doing them... sorry not sorry. This foundation is the only one that I, as an extremely oily person, have tried that looks good 8+ hours after applying it. No decomposing whatsoever. You slap this puppy on in the morning, come home in the evening and look at yourself in the mirror expecting a mess only to find that you still look 100% put-together. Incredible.

For dry or even normal people, this may be too matte. As an oily person, though, the oils from my skin make this foundation look very natural after about 30 mins of wear. I cannot sing the praises of this foundation enough, just wish it came with a pump (you can buy those for like $2 online though)

on 1/21/2017 2:11:00 AM

I bought this foundation with really high hopes based on reviews. Actually it has almost full coverage, but for my dry skin... meh, it makes me look cakey. But depends on how to apply, it can be tolerable, by using damp sponge and few drops of facial oil and then buffing with flat top brush.

on 1/19/2017 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Anyways..

CHARACTERISTICS;
-SPF 10 (some like it, others don't,but that makes it not ideal for flash photography)
-1.0 οz(30 ml)

PROS;
- It stays on all day long
-Very lightweight
-Medium,buildable coverage
-Doesn't make you look cakey or super matte,has a semi-matte but kinda natural finish
-Perfect for normal to oily skin

CONS;
-Not suitable for dry skin
-It's pricey (Sephora does a 40% off on Estee Lauder at times, so that makes it more affordable)
-It doesn't have a pump, and the container may may make it hard for you to reach all of the product.

on 1/12/2017 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have use several high end foundations but kept regularly going back to Almay TLC. I have wanted to get away from Almay however because of the sunscreen in it. It sounds crazy, I know, but it seems to irritate my skin using it every single day and becomes slightly drying.

I wanted to find something with good coverage that is matte and non-drying. Almay is borderline TOO matte. This is the first nice thing about Double Wear is that it absorbs oil but not excessively. I usually wear neautral ivory/naked drug store foundations and ECRU 1N2 is a perfect match for me. I mean perfect - it doesn't even need to be blended into my neck really.

The coverage in my opinion is moderate - not full coverage unless you use a heavy hand or 2 layers. I touch up with a concealer if I have a bigger pimple.

Minus the hefty price tag and the face that it has no pump(ALMAY PUMP FITS THIS BY THE WAY - just cut down the pump straw), I'd say this is my new HG. It looks great, lasts, blends well, doesn't irritate, and feels nice on my face. They also have a great color selection if you tend to be more difficult to match/have a very neutral skin color like me.

on 1/11/2017 2:55:00 PM

I have dryish/ normal skin and this foundation never makes me look dry or cakey. The coverage is medium and fairly natural I use the shade Fresco. I'm surprised people say its full coverage and for oily skin, I doubly 😂 disagree! I find it great for work, hiding thread veins and redness. Allround good foundation would repurchase for everyday use.

on 1/11/2017 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've used double wear for a while now and at first I LOVED it for it's amazing long-lasting coverage. However, it soon started sitting in my fine lines and seemed to dry before I could blend it properly with a brush. I definitely recommend a damp beauty blender to apply it and because it's so dry, I wouldn't use it without moisturiser and the right primer. I found velvety finish primers like Benefit POREfessional didn't work well with it, but that might just be my skin. I use the lightest warm tone - 1W1 Bone and it's a good match. The packaging is horrid, but I have repurchased and probably will again. Prefer not to use it for everyday foundation but it's perfect for a full glam look.

I love this foundation, BUT not for every day use. It provides great coverage and easy to build up. It has a wide range of shades and my two favourites are 2N1 Desert Beige and 1N2 Ecru. I love it as I know my makeup will last all night and not run down my face, however, after a few hours my skin starts to feel a bit dry and almost painful. Overall, I will keep re-purchasing it, because I trust it on a good night-out like no other foundation, but I always need other foundations to keep in my makeup collection for every day use, because nobody wants to feel uncomfortable on the daily. :)