Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

3.9

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 1/21/2017 2:11:00 AM

I bought this foundation with really high hopes based on reviews. Actually it has almost full coverage, but for my dry skin... meh, it makes me look cakey. But depends on how to apply, it can be tolerable, by using damp sponge and few drops of facial oil and then buffing with flat top brush.

on 1/19/2017 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Anyways..

CHARACTERISTICS;
-SPF 10 (some like it, others don't,but that makes it not ideal for flash photography)
-1.0 οz(30 ml)

PROS;
- It stays on all day long
-Very lightweight
-Medium,buildable coverage
-Doesn't make you look cakey or super matte,has a semi-matte but kinda natural finish
-Perfect for normal to oily skin

CONS;
-Not suitable for dry skin
-It's pricey (Sephora does a 40% off on Estee Lauder at times, so that makes it more affordable)
-It doesn't have a pump, and the container may may make it hard for you to reach all of the product.

on 1/12/2017 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have use several high end foundations but kept regularly going back to Almay TLC. I have wanted to get away from Almay however because of the sunscreen in it. It sounds crazy, I know, but it seems to irritate my skin using it every single day and becomes slightly drying.

I wanted to find something with good coverage that is matte and non-drying. Almay is borderline TOO matte. This is the first nice thing about Double Wear is that it absorbs oil but not excessively. I usually wear neautral ivory/naked drug store foundations and ECRU 1N2 is a perfect match for me. I mean perfect - it doesn't even need to be blended into my neck really.

The coverage in my opinion is moderate - not full coverage unless you use a heavy hand or 2 layers. I touch up with a concealer if I have a bigger pimple.

Minus the hefty price tag and the face that it has no pump(ALMAY PUMP FITS THIS BY THE WAY - just cut down the pump straw), I'd say this is my new HG. It looks great, lasts, blends well, doesn't irritate, and feels nice on my face. They also have a great color selection if you tend to be more difficult to match/have a very neutral skin color like me.

on 1/11/2017 2:55:00 PM

I have dryish/ normal skin and this foundation never makes me look dry or cakey. The coverage is medium and fairly natural I use the shade Fresco. I'm surprised people say its full coverage and for oily skin, I doubly 😂 disagree! I find it great for work, hiding thread veins and redness. Allround good foundation would repurchase for everyday use.

on 1/11/2017 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've used double wear for a while now and at first I LOVED it for it's amazing long-lasting coverage. However, it soon started sitting in my fine lines and seemed to dry before I could blend it properly with a brush. I definitely recommend a damp beauty blender to apply it and because it's so dry, I wouldn't use it without moisturiser and the right primer. I found velvety finish primers like Benefit POREfessional didn't work well with it, but that might just be my skin. I use the lightest warm tone - 1W1 Bone and it's a good match. The packaging is horrid, but I have repurchased and probably will again. Prefer not to use it for everyday foundation but it's perfect for a full glam look.

I love this foundation, BUT not for every day use. It provides great coverage and easy to build up. It has a wide range of shades and my two favourites are 2N1 Desert Beige and 1N2 Ecru. I love it as I know my makeup will last all night and not run down my face, however, after a few hours my skin starts to feel a bit dry and almost painful. Overall, I will keep re-purchasing it, because I trust it on a good night-out like no other foundation, but I always need other foundations to keep in my makeup collection for every day use, because nobody wants to feel uncomfortable on the daily. :)

on 1/3/2017 12:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My number 1 foundation, for the following reasons:

1) FULL COVERAGE! I have rosacea and just generally bad-looking skin, and this is the only foundation I have ever used which covers it all and evens it out. Also, even though it is full coverage, it feels lightweight on the skin and is like I am not even wearing makeup.

2) It stays in place all day, and looks exactly the same at the end of a 12 hour day.

3) It's compatible with my dry skin. All other full-coverage foundations I have used look horrifically cakey and unnatural on my skin. Estee Lauder DW is a miracle, in that it sits beautifully on my skin and doesn't exacerbate my dry patches.

4) The palest shade is pale enough for my ghost-like skin. (Some might say too pale, but nothing blush and bronzer won't sort out).

Nothing is perfect, I suppose, so negatives about this product include:

1) No pump, so you do tend to waste a lot of product. This problem can be easily solved, however, by buying the MAC pump which is compatible with it. No more waste!

2) £££
However, even though it is expensive, I would say it is worth paying the price for. You are getting a high quality product which is going to last a long time, as the formula is thick and you only need to use a little bit to cover the face.

I will never stop using this product!

on 1/3/2017 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HG foundation, definitely! I have oily, sensitive, and acne-prone skin, and we all know how hard it is to find a foundation that looks like skin, covers well, and doesnt make you look like a greaseball at the end of the day.

This takes the cake. I've used it to parties and even my 8 to 5 job. It really stays on. I recommend using a Beautyblender or a damp sponge to apply as this foundation is quite thick and is a bit tricky to blend. A damp Beautyblender will help dilute the formula a bit and will make it a breeze to apply, and will lessen any cakiness heavy-duty foundations always create. It does highlight any flakiness you might have, so make sure to moisturize well (I recommend facial oils as a prep!)

As a whole, it is a bit of a high-maintenance foundation (you need to apply to well-moisturized skin and you need to blend quickly), but it does mattify beautifully and stay all day, which works for me. Although this tends to have a whitecast on me with flash photography, I find this photographs well (aka makes your skin look good).

I took down one lippie because of the tendency of the white cast and the price (but you only need a little amount to cover the entire face).

on 12/25/2016 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I had this one, i really wanted to love it, but no. Firstly, the bottle is such a mess. 60 euro foundation needs a pump. The foundation itself has extremely powdery consistency, it makes smears while blending. After a few hours it highlights my pores and other imperfections so bad and it also melts like crazy. Oxidize in 2 hours or less. This is just no.

on 12/19/2016 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Best foundation I have tried, I have very pale skin and the shade 1N1 matched me really well.I do have ance problems and very oily skin and it does good job for both of them.Medium to full coverage, buildable enough but you have to work quickly in my opinion.It stays flawless for at least 8 hours which is the least time I wear it every day.It works perfectly with the double wear concealer, It doesnt make my big pores stand out neither my pimples.And it has a perfect matte finish without looking dry af.