Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 5/4/2017 4:58:00 PM

For the days where I need extra coverage, Estée Lauder DW is definitely my HG foundation! I don't know why it took me so long to try this even after so many rave reviews about it. I find one coat is all I need otherwise I'd look too cakey. It is amazing in my skin and doesn't break me out. Overall great stuff :-)

on 3/28/2017 9:03:00 AM

The best Iv ever had. Really covers all redness but not too heavy. Stays all day. Not oily.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It took me about 4 times to find my actual color and eve the last time I looked pretty yellow(rather look yellow than pink). The coverage was there but not as exaggerated as everyone says. My urban decay all nighter has more coverage. This foundation broke me out so bad :/ I had to return it right away. A dupe for this is probably the Loreal Pro Matte

I have been using this foundation for about 2 years now. I have combination/oily skin. This foundation works well for me as it gives a matte finish (which i prefer). You don't even need powder on top as it almost sticks to your skin, won't budge and won't transfer onto clothes. I would not recommend this foundation if you have dry skin, as it is VERY matte.

You have to be careful with this though, as it has a tendency to look cakey if you apply too much. It's full coverage, so a little goes a long way. Also dries quick on the skin so blend fast once its applied.

I have olive skin with a yellow undertone, and one major downside to this foundation is the lack of shades. Its impossible for me to find my exact color. The current shade I use (Rattan) is a little too dark. So, you may have to combine 2 different colors to get your exact color.

If you're looking for a dupe I would highly recommend the Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation.

Overall, I would recommend this product to someone with oily/combination skin thats looking for a full coverage foundation with a matte finish.

This double wear foundation is truly a double wear foundation. This is one of my favorite foundations , stays on so long but tends to become oily on the t zone areas in the hours of 6 & 5. The foundation is most likely to describe it was already set foundation with powder. When foundation is applied it's almost looks like u already set it , can make u look cakey using the wrong techniques or not using primer etc . I love the product but it can be annoying with pouring the product out , which lots of amount can be wasted due to application of not having a pump. Overall I love it cost it lasts long & has full coverage but hate the powder look it gives me but can be avoided using setting sprays or pre prepping the skin , giving u a glowy luminous look ! But not very good with forehead area tends to look like a milkyway bar .. I still love it tho & I use a powder on my forehead instead of liquid.

on 5/20/2016 9:13:00 AM

I have been using this foundation on and off again since high school. My skin used to be very dry, but is now combination skin. When it was dry, it looked absolutely perfect and the foundation really lasted! but now that I am older and my skin has a tendency to be oily now and again, the foundation becomes patchy only after a few hours and looks like it is cracking on my face. Don't get me wrong, when I first put it on it looks LOVELY! it looks flawless for 1-2 hours, but after that...nope. I wasn't a big fan of how quickly I have to blend it in either- and how if I ever tried to retouch, it would look ridiculous. So I have very mixed feelings on this one. Has perfect coverage and comes in a nice package, but really doesn't have much staying power.

on 4/14/2016 11:50:00 PM

One of the gold standers! I see reviews of people saying this gave them "cake face".... use less! This product can be light-full coverage depending on how you use it, and what you use to apply it. It has a very natural matte finish and can look very very natural and skin like! Also lasts all day Love it.

This did everything I needed it too, covered everything, was buildable, didn't cake, stayed on all day perfectly and didn't collect in my fine lines, and didn't break me out. But even the palest shade 1C1 bone was still at least a shade and half too dark for me, which is super disappointing. It's workable, but looks like I can't match my foundation properly, which isn't a good look regardless of how flawless my face looks.

on 12/12/2015 10:04:00 PM

I heard great things about this foundation so I bought it. The color match is really good and I love that it lasts all day.
But my skin does not gets along with it. I can't wear powder over this foundation, everytime I apply powder it settles in my pores. I have used different application methods (foundation brush, RT miracle sponge, beauty blender, flat top brush, hands, 3 different primers, no primer, moisturizer, no moisturizer) and it settles in my pores EVERYTIME. Its not the powder, I was using the the MUFE HD setting powder, and the EL perfecting loose powder and it happened with both. So annoying!
I am very oily, but I decided to wear it without powder obviously, but I would have to blot almost every hour.
When I first apply it, it looks really good, not cakey. The coverage is medium and doesn't feel heavy.
After the fifth or sixth hour the pores on my nose are completely exposed, but the rest of my face is covered, and after the 8th hour it starts to feel heavy.
My skin is very sensitive and it broke me out.

Love this product. It gives absolutely full coverage with a tiny bit of product. It doesn't exacerbate any pores and fine lines. It gives a semi matte finish, kind of velvety. Although it gives full coverage it still looks so natural and not cakey at all. And the main pro is that it lasts FOREVER! An annoying thing is that it doesn't come with a pump..

I would give it full 5 stars except that this is definitely makes you break out afterwards if you don't wash your face extremely carefully. Even if you double cleanse your face there will probably be a bit left which will make you break out the next day. I only use this for special occasions and night outs or when I want my foundation to last for a long time. Nevertheless, the flawless look it gives me is worth the risk. Probably wouldn't recommend this for people with sensitive skin.