Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

3.8

on 9/26/2017 11:29:00 PM

I'll start with the pros of this foundation:

-Photographs well
-Stays in Place (the claim is not lying- I wore it for 8 hours straight and it did not budge)
-Blends well
-Does not cause breakouts
-Excellent full coverage that doesn't look cakey

Cons:
-Oxidises
-Difficult to find a match despite all the shades
-Made my normal skin feel tight/elastic/stiff sort of like it has a rubber agent or something in it
-My skin felt 'heavy' when I had it on (heavier than Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation)
-Difficult to remove. I really had to scrub my skin to get this off, and even after I showered and exfoliated, there were still some traces of makeup on my face

Review:
I do like this foundation and I think it is a good quality product that does what it says, and I will save it for when I am going out and don't want my makeup to melt off my face. Other than that, I just feel as if the cons outweigh this foundation for me over the pros. I have Olive/Tan skin with mostly neutral undertones. I was matched with Shell Beige- on application, this foundation easily looked 2 shades too light for my skin. Even when blended in, it still looked a little too light. However, I waited a couple of hours and the formula oxidized, and then it *mostly* matched my skin. It photographs beautifully in natural daylight, however I noticed once it became evening and into night, again, the foundation actually looked too light for my skin- with and without flash. Not entirely unexpected considering it wasn't a perfect match even with oxidization. However, if you have found a perfect match with this foundation, I feel as if it would photograph beautifully in any light. I have tried to try other shades, but the shades up from Shell Beige are too pink for my skin. I really wish companies would manufacture more darker shades for neutral undertones, but overall I think EL have done a good job of making so many shades available for different skin colors and tones as lots of people seem to have found their match with this foundation. The other thing is that this foundation felt heavy on my face- and my skin felt very stiff/tight when I had it on. I can overlook that though, due to the fantastic non-transfer qualities and coverage this makeup has.

If they introduce more shades I'd definitely give it another go, but for now I wont be repurchasing.

The formula for this foundation is my all time favorite. I have oily/acne-prone/sensitive skin and I wore this for a long hole day and it made my skin look incredible. I love the coverage and how flawless it makes my skin look. However, I am not a fan of the packaging and wish it already came with a pump. I am also not a fan of the palette ice but since it is my favorite foundation it is worth it to me.

I'm having mixed feelings about this product. I have a very oily skin, but I also have a lot of flakiness from dry patches.

Yes, this foundation does stay matte for a loooooong period of time. I am loving this aspect of the foundation and I can understand why it's so well loved by many who has oily skin.

However, it's not that great for those who suffers from acne, textured skin etc. The foundation is so matte that it actually dries the skin (probably because of the presence of alcohol). It makes my skin look so old and bad. Maybe it's just because I haven't moisturise my face enough, or that I didn't exfoliate my face before using this foundation.

I'm just really not loving this foundation as much as I wanted to... Maybe I'll give it another try when my skin is in a better condition.

I decided to buy this high-end product thinking that it was going to be of good quality and safe for sensitive skin. I was wrong. This product broke me out so badly. :-( I'm gonna switch back to MAC for now until I discover my holy grail foundation.

on 5/4/2017 4:58:00 PM

For the days where I need extra coverage, Estée Lauder DW is definitely my HG foundation! I don't know why it took me so long to try this even after so many rave reviews about it. I find one coat is all I need otherwise I'd look too cakey. It is amazing in my skin and doesn't break me out. Overall great stuff :-)

on 3/28/2017 9:03:00 AM

The best Iv ever had. Really covers all redness but not too heavy. Stays all day. Not oily.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It took me about 4 times to find my actual color and eve the last time I looked pretty yellow(rather look yellow than pink). The coverage was there but not as exaggerated as everyone says. My urban decay all nighter has more coverage. This foundation broke me out so bad :/ I had to return it right away. A dupe for this is probably the Loreal Pro Matte

I have been using this foundation for about 2 years now. I have combination/oily skin. This foundation works well for me as it gives a matte finish (which i prefer). You don't even need powder on top as it almost sticks to your skin, won't budge and won't transfer onto clothes. I would not recommend this foundation if you have dry skin, as it is VERY matte.

You have to be careful with this though, as it has a tendency to look cakey if you apply too much. It's full coverage, so a little goes a long way. Also dries quick on the skin so blend fast once its applied.

I have olive skin with a yellow undertone, and one major downside to this foundation is the lack of shades. Its impossible for me to find my exact color. The current shade I use (Rattan) is a little too dark. So, you may have to combine 2 different colors to get your exact color.

If you're looking for a dupe I would highly recommend the Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation.

Overall, I would recommend this product to someone with oily/combination skin thats looking for a full coverage foundation with a matte finish.

This double wear foundation is truly a double wear foundation. This is one of my favorite foundations , stays on so long but tends to become oily on the t zone areas in the hours of 6 & 5. The foundation is most likely to describe it was already set foundation with powder. When foundation is applied it's almost looks like u already set it , can make u look cakey using the wrong techniques or not using primer etc . I love the product but it can be annoying with pouring the product out , which lots of amount can be wasted due to application of not having a pump. Overall I love it cost it lasts long & has full coverage but hate the powder look it gives me but can be avoided using setting sprays or pre prepping the skin , giving u a glowy luminous look ! But not very good with forehead area tends to look like a milkyway bar .. I still love it tho & I use a powder on my forehead instead of liquid.

on 5/20/2016 9:13:00 AM

I have been using this foundation on and off again since high school. My skin used to be very dry, but is now combination skin. When it was dry, it looked absolutely perfect and the foundation really lasted! but now that I am older and my skin has a tendency to be oily now and again, the foundation becomes patchy only after a few hours and looks like it is cracking on my face. Don't get me wrong, when I first put it on it looks LOVELY! it looks flawless for 1-2 hours, but after that...nope. I wasn't a big fan of how quickly I have to blend it in either- and how if I ever tried to retouch, it would look ridiculous. So I have very mixed feelings on this one. Has perfect coverage and comes in a nice package, but really doesn't have much staying power.