Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by age: 19-24
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

I've re-purchased Double Wear 3 times now and I do still love it! I wear this mostly as a weekend/going on a night out foundation. I have combination to oily skin. The coverage for me is full coverage, however I still use powder around my T-zone. I got colour matched in store, and it is the perfect match for me. I am fairly light, I am in the shade Ecru. The downsides, it doesn't have a pump and it does dry fast, so blend fast! But would definitely recommend.

on 10/28/2018 3:21:00 PM

I LOVED this foundation when I first bought it. It smoothed out my skin like nothing else. It hid my acne and was full coverage but also didn't look cakey. My favourite part was that it stayed on all day. I'm a student, so I don't have much money to spend on makeup. I thought this was my HG foundation, but after a while I noticed that it made my skin look so dry. It would be perfect once applied, but then throughout the day it would sink into my skin (even when using primer) and make my skin look awful. I'm 24, but I had lines all over my face like I had never seen before. I looked like I was about 70. After 6 hours I would look super unhealthy and like my skin was very dry, when it actually isn't. I tried using different moisturisers, primers, etc underneath but unfortunately nothing worked. I stopped using it and will not be rebuying. Perhaps it may work well for people in warm climates, but it didn't work well for me in the UK. I have also spoken to friends who have experienced a similar issue... strangely, we all found that it was great in the beginning and drying/creasing problem developed later

Short Review about the Foundation (About 3min) with all the information that you need.

on 9/18/2018 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this one. For a gal with very oily skin with acne scars, I struggle when it comes to finding a good foundation that won't break down on my T-zones during the day. This one is beautiful when I want a nice coverage and flawless skin. I barely need to spot conceal when I wear this foundation. I also like that it's long wearing, Stay-In-Place for real! Sometimes I don't even powder, and it helps not to look too cakey, but I see the oil comes through after a few hours, but it looks more dewy than fried-chicken-oily.
It doesn't break me out at all, but it does accentuate my pores near my nose a little, and although that doesn't bother me much (because every foundation does that on me), siliconated primer helped with the problem. I would like very much if this foundation came with a pump, but I can survive, lol.

TL;DR:
Pros: long-wearing, good coverage, beautiful finish, doesn't accentuate texture
Cons: no pump, doesn't blur larger pores

on 9/16/2018 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this foundation for over 3 years now. It is perfect for my super oily skin that is acne prone. It stays on for 12+hours. I don't get shiny, but I do get smile lines unfortunately. I tried everything but I always get them. I wear shade 3w1 tawny. I have a medium skintone. Really recommend this one. I only buy it in sale.

Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup definitely lives up to the hype. It is a full coverage foundation with a matte finish which lasts all day on the skin - even through heat, humidity and sweat. This is what I put on when I know I am having a long day and will be wearing makeup for around 12 hours. I like the look of this best when applied with a damp sponge, it maintains its full coverage look whilst not being heavy and looks more radiant than when applied with a brush. This makes my skin look perfect - but still look like my own skin. It doesn't ever look cakey or heavy. It doesn't cling to dry areas or textured areas. This product is amazing, and I highly recommend it. The only downside is that you need to buy the pump separately - and it is quite expensive at $10AUD. Happily you only need to buy one pump and can put it into new bottles of foundation but it is very pricey for a pump! The foundation itself is quite well-priced at $58AUD. It's not as expensive as other equivalent products such as Nars for example. This product is so good - everyone needs this!

on 9/8/2018 11:09:00 AM

HG FOUNDATION!! It definitely needs a pump and the shade range needs to expand, but I love this so much, it's the best foundation I've ever tried. Get it, it's worth the hype!

on 8/22/2018 4:14:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I would consider this an expensive foundation because of the price point but it is so worth it. The coverage is incredible and a little goes a long way, because before I used this I was using a light-med foundation, but this is extremely full coverage!!
I find the consistency to be slightly too thick for me so I usually mix some other stuff with a small amount and it covers my whole face + more. The longevity of this is also amazing, once I wore this for a whole day from morning and went out to party at night till 4am, and this foundation firmly remained on my face. I also live in a country that is humid all year round and so far this foundation has held up to the heat and humidity!
I will repurchase this for sure because although it is pricey, it’s worth every cent.

I really really want to give this product 5*. I’ve been wearing this for 2 years and absolutely love the formula, it’s long lasting and doesn’t need much touching up during the day.

The problem I have is my skin is fair and is hard to colour match. I have tried Ecru, Cool vanilla, pebble and petal.

Petal was just too pink in my opinion for my skin tone after using a bottle. I then got matched with Ivory Nude which is a neutral tone which I thought would be better as it wouldn’t be pink or too yellowy but even that was too yellow. The perfect shade would be a mix of the two but as it is an expensive foundation it isn’t very practical to own both and mix.

For me this foundation isn’t practical but if you find your perfect colour match then this will be your go to.

NB: my foundation pump broke within 2 weeks don’t know if mine was just faulty or they are cheaply made, it was not ideal

on 8/11/2018 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE Estee Lauder makeup and it's foundations is definitely my HG.
I use this product on a daily basis and it'S Non-transfer all day wear!!
I have used for years, I tried many different things but always come back to this makeup!