Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by age: 19-24
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

I really really want to give this product 5*. I’ve been wearing this for 2 years and absolutely love the formula, it’s long lasting and doesn’t need much touching up during the day.

The problem I have is my skin is fair and is hard to colour match. I have tried Ecru, Cool vanilla, pebble and petal.

Petal was just too pink in my opinion for my skin tone after using a bottle. I then got matched with Ivory Nude which is a neutral tone which I thought would be better as it wouldn’t be pink or too yellowy but even that was too yellow. The perfect shade would be a mix of the two but as it is an expensive foundation it isn’t very practical to own both and mix.

For me this foundation isn’t practical but if you find your perfect colour match then this will be your go to.

NB: my foundation pump broke within 2 weeks don’t know if mine was just faulty or they are cheaply made, it was not ideal

on 8/11/2018 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE Estee Lauder makeup and it's foundations is definitely my HG.
I use this product on a daily basis and it'S Non-transfer all day wear!!
I have used for years, I tried many different things but always come back to this makeup!

on 8/11/2018 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Full coverage, matte, lasts ALL day. It's perfect. Flashback is awful with this foundation though, that's the only negative.

on 8/9/2018 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Firstly, this foundation is very pricey. Doesn't even come with a pump or any applicator.

Secondly, terrible oxidation. Looks fine when applied but turned my skin into Annoying Orange -both colour and texture (yes I do have a few textures but this foundation just amplifies it, thanks a lot.)

Lastly, it feels heavy, tacky and uncomfortable.

Seriously, who allowed this foundation to be sold on the shelf?

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really want to love this foundation but I just can't make it work. Every makeup artist that I know raved about this, which leads me to get the sample

Pro: I do love the coverage, the finish and the shade. It's medium-high coverage and the finish is a nice satin-matte.
For reference I have an oily skin, NC15/20 in MAC and I used 1W2 Sand. I have a very yellow undertone and this is quite yellow, which I really appreciate since I always have a hard time finding a light-yellow foundation.

Cons: This foundation is heavy. 3 out of 5 times I used this foundation it ended up looking cakey and ended up cracking badly, which rarely happened to me. It also occasionally broke me out somehow. Someone told me that you need to really prep your skin, wear the correct base, etc... It's too much effort to make it work. I understand if it isn't meant for daily wear, but tbh I don't want to pay $30 (in my country) for a foundation that I can only use once in a while. Maybe this foundation is just not meant for everyone.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Decent foundation with a smooth matte finish. As per usual annoying bottle with no pump but still good.

on 7/22/2018 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation always settles into fine lines or creases, doesn't cover hyper-pigmentation, and I find it gets a bit oily (which makes it easier to rub/wear off through the day). That being said, I can see why everyone likes it so much. It does last longer than other foundations by a stretch, is build-able for fuller coverage, smells lovely, and feels like nothing on the face. Primer is very important with this foundation because different primers make this foundation look better or worse.

on 7/20/2018 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is heavy as frick but it's great if you've got a pizza face like mine. It really does not move. I'll always fall back on this when my face is a disaster, as it usually is

on 6/16/2018 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you're looking for transfer resistant, look no further. This stuff does not budge! I was recommended this quite a few times as I'm always in search of full coverage for my cystic acne and redness. Some days it would cover everything, other bad skin days id need more. This foundation really oxidizes more than any other I've used. Unfortunately, this did make my acne worse with regular use, and really clinged to acne scars/healing acne, but I kept the bottle for occasional days/nights that I wanted a transfer resistant foundation which is always nice to have! Mixing with a lighter concealer has helped the oxidizing issue slightly. It looks amazing when first applied, however throughout the day, I notice it really catching any dry spots or textured areas. This foundation would be great for those who only have redness! Wouldn't recommend to anyone with textured skin. Definite down side is the packaging. I feel that it is messy when having to pour it out of the bottle!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG foundation. I’m about to finish my third bottle and will definitely be getting my fourth. I have very oily-skin with lots of scarring and redness. Many foundations have broke me out or gets eaten away by my oils. However, this doesn’t do that at all. It has a strong lasting power and a beautiful matte to satin finish (depends on the application). For a full coverage look, I like to use a dense brush. And for a more light, everyday look, I use my fingers. I’ve tried it with a damp sponge and it looks very nice too! Blends nicely with all different applications. If you’re looking to try a new foundation, this is worth it :)

The only downsides are the price (about 60$ CAD) and the packaging (it can get messy if you’re not careful).