Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 1/13/2017 6:48:00 PM

i love how it blends

on 1/13/2017 1:43:00 PM

Not good for dry skin! When I apply my Mac Prolong concealer and the MAC Prep and prime highlighter on, it removed a layer of foundation! It was so frustrating. So, I decided to add extra moisturizer on my face and face primer and it still removed a layer of foundation. I had to remove all the foundation and redo it with my Born This Way foundation and it worked. So, it was definitely this foundation that was causing it. I really do believe that this foundation is very good for oily skin.

on 1/12/2017 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have use several high end foundations but kept regularly going back to Almay TLC. I have wanted to get away from Almay however because of the sunscreen in it. It sounds crazy, I know, but it seems to irritate my skin using it every single day and becomes slightly drying.

I wanted to find something with good coverage that is matte and non-drying. Almay is borderline TOO matte. This is the first nice thing about Double Wear is that it absorbs oil but not excessively. I usually wear neautral ivory/naked drug store foundations and ECRU 1N2 is a perfect match for me. I mean perfect - it doesn't even need to be blended into my neck really.

The coverage in my opinion is moderate - not full coverage unless you use a heavy hand or 2 layers. I touch up with a concealer if I have a bigger pimple.

Minus the hefty price tag and the face that it has no pump(ALMAY PUMP FITS THIS BY THE WAY - just cut down the pump straw), I'd say this is my new HG. It looks great, lasts, blends well, doesn't irritate, and feels nice on my face. They also have a great color selection if you tend to be more difficult to match/have a very neutral skin color like me.

on 1/11/2017 2:55:00 PM

I have dryish/ normal skin and this foundation never makes me look dry or cakey. The coverage is medium and fairly natural I use the shade Fresco. I'm surprised people say its full coverage and for oily skin, I doubly 😂 disagree! I find it great for work, hiding thread veins and redness. Allround good foundation would repurchase for everyday use.

on 1/11/2017 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

SO glad I finally bit the bullet and gave this foundation a go! I've been a die hard Mac user for around ten years and was nervous to stray from it, however after constantly hearing about how amazing this foundation is, I decided to take the plunge.

I suffered from acne when I was younger, and am now left with hyper-pigmentation marks which are the bane of my life! This is such amazing coverage that I barely needed concealer! I now finally have the confidence to go out without feeling paranoid about my scars.

I am still super nervous about developing spots so was worried this could cause me to break out, however two weeks in and I've seen no difference to my skin. Win!

It really does stay on all day as well, I work in an air-conditioned office so usually touch my foundation up at lunch time but with this I don't have to do a thing!

For colour reference, I use NC25 in Mac studio fix and C3 in Mac face and body and use shade 'Dawn' in EL Double Wear.

Forget Mac, I am now fully converted to this. It is around £10 more than Mac studio fix but because you end up using far less, it's actually around the same!

on 1/11/2017 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've used double wear for a while now and at first I LOVED it for it's amazing long-lasting coverage. However, it soon started sitting in my fine lines and seemed to dry before I could blend it properly with a brush. I definitely recommend a damp beauty blender to apply it and because it's so dry, I wouldn't use it without moisturiser and the right primer. I found velvety finish primers like Benefit POREfessional didn't work well with it, but that might just be my skin. I use the lightest warm tone - 1W1 Bone and it's a good match. The packaging is horrid, but I have repurchased and probably will again. Prefer not to use it for everyday foundation but it's perfect for a full glam look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Love this foundation!! It is great for oily skin and even though I have acne prone skin, it has never broken me out. I have used it since 2014. It starts to look kinda worn off or melted in like 8-9 hours, but it's not bad in terms of staying power

It is a thicker consistency and should be used with a brush or sponge, as the fingers would look less natural

I love this foundation, BUT not for every day use. It provides great coverage and easy to build up. It has a wide range of shades and my two favourites are 2N1 Desert Beige and 1N2 Ecru. I love it as I know my makeup will last all night and not run down my face, however, after a few hours my skin starts to feel a bit dry and almost painful. Overall, I will keep re-purchasing it, because I trust it on a good night-out like no other foundation, but I always need other foundations to keep in my makeup collection for every day use, because nobody wants to feel uncomfortable on the daily. :)

on 1/5/2017 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have a love/hate with this but it is a staple in my foundation arsenal. I'm NC25 in Mac Pro Longwear and I have this in 2W1 (dawn) and 2N1 (desert beige). I reach for the 2W1 more. It is a very good long wearing foundation especially for those with oily skin like me. It will break apart on my nose late in the day but looks fine on the rest of my face. Less is more and a little goes a long way! Make sure to cleanse well to get it off. Additionally make sure to exfoliate and moisturize before application. Overall it is a very good foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted so badly to love this. But it has a few issues. First, application is a nightmare. I like full coverage foundation you can keep building, taking your time, without it becoming splotchy and streaky because it sets far too quickly. Weirdly, it's also not the fullest coverage foundation I've used. As in, Maybelline Better Skin covers my hyperpigmentation FAR better without feeling as heavy. The shade range, while extensive, is literally variations of pink undertone (yes I include orange under pink because it's more closely related than, say, a true yellow and a true pink). Nothing is olive yellow, then again, in most lines, this is still true, but don't bust your butt trying to find something that matches an olive yellow undertone. I also have seriously clog-prone skin, and I've noticed almost all liquid foundation under EL, Mac, and Smashbox (who are owned by the same company) clog my pores over time and the DW is no exception. Otherwise, the finish is lovely, it lasts a long while on well prepped skin, and I can pull it off in most artificial lighting. Just don't take me under the sun or I'll be an oompa loompa.