Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.2

on 4/4/2018 3:41:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Great foundation — longest lasting foundation I tried. However, after 12 hours I need to reapply. Very easy application using a beautyblender or a brush. Needs a (sheer) setting powder to set.

on 12/26/2017 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have very oily skin, rosacea, and post acne scarring & discoloration. This foundation makes my skin look not only flawless but natural. And it stays on all day despite my oil production. Very impressive. People actually think my skin looks this way naturally (haha). Only thing is I wish it was more full coverage. With other foundations I use a beauty blender but for some reason I have to use a brush with this. Otherwise it just doesn’t cover well. It does blend very well, though. I also hate that it doesn’t have a pump yet. It’s expensive enough to have a pump-c’mon now EL. UPDATE: Do not buy this if you have dry skin! I had forgotten that it dries to dry patches badly until winter rolled around. Just reminded me that if I had dry skin all the time, I would not purchase.

on 12/28/2015 6:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I discovered this foundation in May 2015 and I am currently on my 4th bottle. I love and live in this foundation. I have a love hate relationship with it because it's so perfect. I never had such a perfect match (Sandalwood). In the beginning I had hard time matching my shade and initially gave up but something told me to just try sandalwood and it was a winner. The color does not oxidize at all. And I can wear this one shade all year long, which is unheard of. It is full coverage. I have heavy acne scars and this builds up beautifully cover them completely. It doesn't break me out at all. This foundation also lives up to its name and keeps my face 75% matte all day. I say 75% because I live in central Florida and even in the middle of the summer my face was for the most part matte all day. No need to set it with a primer. I do spray it with smash box primer water or Mac fix plus and finish up with UD up all nighter setting spray. The price is ok too. Roughly 40$ at dept stores but... CCO stores sell it for 28$. The only gripe is the packaging. They need to include a pump. I go thru it too quickly. Also... I can't apply it with a brush. It just don't work for me. I need to use a wet sponge which I'm not a fan of because sponges are kinda gross. But that's for another review.

on 10/1/2015 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I have a mixed skin and this is the best foundation I've ever tried. It looks amazing and when they say it does not transfer for 15 hours, they mean it. If I want a really full coverage I use a normal amount of product and when I want just a light touch I use less and it's perfectly fine.
I've tried this foundation with Matte Perfecting Primer also from Estee Lauder and they work together just perfect.
Does not dry my face, does not make my face oily, I would definitely repurchase but not from Sephora since in Romania they lack a good service.

on 9/15/2015 1:40:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Very nice full coverage and longlasting foundation. I have combination skin and this keeps my face matte for a good 10h before I have to use blotting paper/powder. It gives me full coverage pretty easily and a little goes a long way. Great color selection (not in my country tho but easy to get online) and the price ain't awful either so I don't really have anything bad to say about this! Except it doesn't come w/ a pump but I put a mac pump to it and it works well.

on 8/18/2015 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

MY HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION!!
This is probably the best foundation on the market! I have fair skin and i'm the colour BONE, I have never experienced a foundation give me a more flawless finish and that looks the same from when you put it on until you take it off, which is what Estee Lauder also claims it does.

It has a very flawless and smooth finish but i find that without a powder it doesn't dry very well and it is tacky. But when i pair it with my Mac Studio Fix Powder on top its absolutely amazing.

This product looks good with or without a primer but i find that if i don't use a very good moisturiser underneath that it can go dry.

Overall this foundation is amazing and the packaging is absolutely gorgeous as well, i love glass packaging on a foundation especially for a high end one.
Only downside is that it doesn't have a pump, but I have used my Mac pump for it and it works perfectly, but when you get to the end you need to remove the pump and pour out the product otherwise you will end up wasting foundation.

I have worn this for over a year straight and I don't think i'll ever change my foundation!

Give it a go!!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I love this foundation! I originally purchased EL DWL and it worked beautifully until my skin decided to become super oily. I needed something that wasn't going to move and remain incredibly matte until I took it off. Enter Double Wear! This stuff is so light, and does not move! I used a beauty blender or my hands (I def wash them first), and apply a small amount to a section at a time on my face. My complexion looks beautiful, healthy, and MATTE! It lasts all day!

The only con is the pump. It could def use a pump, but looking matte is way more important. This foundation is medium to full coverage, but has a satin like finish. As long as I'm not shining, I'm okay. I used a primer today, and the oilies were kept at bay. I def will repurchase this good stuff!

on 6/20/2014 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I use the Double Wear foundation in Rich Caramel. I love it and I didn't even want to buy it but I just so desperately needed a foundation that didn't transfer all over the place on to the white pieces of paper at work and rubbing off on to light and white clothing. Fashion Fair offers beautiful foundation and powder colors now but their foundation is too transferrable on to things especially for this day and age so I bought the Double Wear from Estee Lauder. Sorry I didn't open my eyes to using this foundation from even before they reformulated it.

What a difference a day makes! It's been behaving on my skin very nicely and my skin is always breakout city in general but I haven't seen evidence of breakouts from using Double Wear at all.

My only issue is that it takes quite a feat to wash this foundation out of my foundation brush whereas other foundations are just far easier to wash out of it than Double Wear! That's why I wanted to give this 4.5 lippies but I can't, oh well! : )

I'm a MAC NC45, Bobbi Brown Warm Almond and Fashion Fair Butterscotch.

on 5/21/2014 5:35:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

It stays on forever. Full coverage. Even builable. I could probably wear this for two days straight without it disappearing. Even on my really oily days, it's there all day and it does it's job while I do mine. It could only be better if it didn't come in a glass bottle without a pump.

Not suitable for those dry skin days though.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

NEW FORMULA
I have oily and sensitive skin. This does not break me out or irritate my skin. Lasts for about 11 - 12 hours on my skin when I blot about once when I get too oily. Set it with my Mac Blot powder. Might spritz some Mac Fix Plus (I do this sometimes only) and the foundation looks as good as new!

Full coverage foundation. I use this with my beauty blender and it does not look cakey. Just do not pile on too much. Using a beauty blender gives me a flawless finish. This foundation does not dry up too quickly so you have time to blend it out. However I do recommend doing parts of the face one at a time just in case it sets too quickly.

I am NC 30-35 and I use sand for the inner part of my face and tawny around the perimeter of my face. Sand is a bit lighter than my skin tone and hence I use this to brighten up the inner part of my face (nose, chin, under the eyes, forehead). I then use tawny which is a bit darker than my skin tone along the perimeter where I would usually contour.

I do mix them both to get my shade if I want an even all over colour (when I want to contour with my Hoola bronzer). I use the ratio of (1:2 whereby I use tawny 1 and sand 2)

The only problem I have with this product is that this does not have a pump and hence is not that hygienic. If they are able to give a glass bottle for the foundation, how much does it really cost to add a pump in with it?

Other than that, I have no complaints. This reminds me of my Revlon Colourstay but I feel that this is so much better because I find that it is not as thick as Revlon Colourstay.

Will repurchase.